BFizzle

Friday The 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Collector's Edition

2 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Didn't Wes just tweet the other day that they couldn't sell the posters because they don't have merchandising rights? 

Those were “different” posters.... ?

7 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Merchandise and game content probably fall into different categories within the law.

But the artbook and soundtrack falls under merchandise and wes has stated they couldn't sell those to anyone outside of the Kickstarter because of the lawsuit. 

2 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

You can make all the demands you want. The company is in no way obligated to proved forum members with every marketing, business decision they make. My guess is they had the ultimate edition planned from the beginning, and had the posters and masks lying around for this purpose. Since the items were already completed, they are not considered new content. That's just my guess though. As forum posters, I would just like to point out though that yes GunMedia botched their first major release and made numerous mistakes, this community hasn't exactly been sunshine and rainbows, and it's unrealistic to receive information about every little development change or marketing strategy. Many members of this community have had a sense of entitlement since day one. 

Again how can they sell this and not the artbook and soundtrack. Wes said because of the lawsuit they can't sell it. So how can they get away with this? If the lawsuit keeps them from selling merchandise then this shouldn't be sold at all because it's new merchandise made by them and that would go against the lawsuit 

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

But the artbook and soundtrack falls under merchandise and wes has stated they couldn't sell those to anyone outside of the Kickstarter because of the lawsuit. 

Again how can they sell this and not the artbook and soundtrack. Wes said because of the lawsuit they can't sell it. So how can they get away with this? If the lawsuit keeps them from selling merchandise then this shouldn't be sold at all because it's new merchandise made by them and that would go against the lawsuit 

All legit questions my friend we will have to wait for official responses from these guys...

6 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Context matters, bro:

I hate to repeat myself, but I'm going to indulge you the way I do my young kids: defend G/I all you want, it's your right to do so.

But the truth will set you free.

Why do people confuse defending someone with not being negative toward someone. If someone is a complete jerk, I don't go on social media to make sure everyone knows how much of a jerk this person is. I just ignore them and chose not to associate with them. Just because I don't talk crap about gun, doesn't mean I am defending them. I personally think it's silly seeing grown adults get this upset over a video games. It's like do these complainers even have a family? A job? Do they vote? Do they help their community? 

With everything going on in the world, video games is way down on my list in terms of what to be angry about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Those were “different” posters.... ?

It's actually the same poster. 

20 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Why do people confuse defending someone with not being negative toward someone. If someone is a complete jerk, I don't go on social media to make sure everyone knows how much of a jerk this person is. I just ignore them and chose not to associate with them. Just because I don't talk crap about gun, doesn't mean I am defending them. I personally think it's silly seeing grown adults get this upset over a video games. It's like do these complainers even have a family? A job? Do they vote? Do they help their community? 

With everything going on in the world, video games is way down on my list in terms of what to be angry about.

Will... will you be my life coach? Clearly you have all the answers and plenty of advice, while the rest of us can barely function.

@Kodiak can we get a lock and thread cleanup?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SirMang said:

It's actually the same poster. 

I see three and only one is in the slasher edition 

4 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Really??! I thought the other posters were of the game artwork???

Then look at the link in the original post, same exact poster. 

21 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

.Edit: @OCT 31 1978, I can't quote you in an edited post, but you are definitely right about the hate campaign and the way some folks conduct themselves here.  I make every effort to be even handed when engaged in an actual discussion on these boards, and I respect how well you framed your response.  

Much appreciated.  I know I can come off as an asshole (because let's face it,  I am one), but I promised that when I came back from "forum jail" (procedural violation,  not content), that I'd adhere to truth above everything else,  and I tend to go from 0 to 11 when I get worked up.

Much respect back at you!!

glad to have you back! I enjoy reading your posts,  I feel they are fair and bring a lot to the forums! Keep doing you!

3 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Will... will you be my life coach? Clearly you have all the answers and plenty of advice, while the rest of us can barely function.

@Kodiak, cancan we get a lock and thread cleanup?

Sure, what do you need help with? Time management? Goal attainment? How to be a productive member of society?

Lesson #1

Your opinions and research about this game (much like my own) don't mean shyt. 

8 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

All legit questions my friend we will have to wait for official responses from these guys...

I will state this, I do not have a hate boner for the devs or Gun. I just want things cleared up. If the lawsuit has put a stop to a lot of things and the artbook and soundtrack can't be sold to the public how come this can? Both were planned but one isn't being sold because of the lawsuit while the other can fly under the radar? A poster is one thing as it's just a poster but that is art right there and can be put into the artbook, the mask is just a mask you can buy anywhere really, yet that is being made for this. Soundtrack is just music and is apart of the game regardless of the lawsuit as it's been added to the game and just needs to be put on a disc. Won't be hard to make and sell those easily. 

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

I will state this, I do not have a hate boner for the devs or Gun. I just want things cleared up. If the lawsuit has put a stop to a lot of things and the artbook and soundtrack can't be sold to the public how come this can? Both were planned but one isn't being sold because of the lawsuit while the other can fly under the radar? A poster is one thing as it's just a poster but that is art right there and can be put into the artbook, the mask is just a mask you can buy anywhere really, yet that is being made for this. Soundtrack is just music and is apart of the game regardless of the lawsuit as it's been added to the game and just needs to be put on a disc. Won't be hard to make and sell those easily. 

The mask wasn't made just for this collector's edition.

You can go on amazon right now and buy the same exact mask for 33.99

https://www.amazon.com/NECA-Friday-13th-Replica-Jason/dp/B005IBVUYG/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1531776810&sr=8-1&keywords=neca+replica+mask  

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Another guess of mine is it is some kind of technicality. They are probably saying the poster is free with the game. I know companies do this type of thing all the time (pre-order and get a free poster). 

53 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

The backers can get those but Wes told people who were asking if they could buy these later down the road were told no. They couldn't release these to the public. So how come they can release these to the public and not the Art book and soundtrack then? 

I'm only guessing on this. 

Maybe the backers still get the art book/soundtrack because the $ for those items was collected long before the content deadline. Now that the deadline has passed they are not allowed to sell them anymore. I think it's a matter of the point in time that the purchase is/was made that makes the difference. 

Again this is only my speculation. 

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

Another guess of mine is it is some kind of technicality. They are probably saying the poster is free with the game. I know companies do this type of thing all the time (pre-order and get a free poster). 

They do likely get away with it as a technicality.  The poster is a promotional free throw in as long as the price of the package is less than the value of everything else in it.  Which, it is.  Game+DLC+Mask = 87 bucks separately. 

3 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hey guys, a listing went up that has some inaccuracies. We will have corrected information available in the next few days. In the meantime we are working with our physical release partner to have this incorrect listing removed. 

Soon

7 minutes ago, SirMang said:

They do likely get away with it as a technicality.  The poster is a promotional free throw in as long as the price of the package is less than the value of everything else in it.  Which, it is.  Game+DLC+Mask = 87 bucks separately. 

Personally, I think releasing this version is a mistake and it will cause them to lose further money. The hardcore Jason fans have either bought multiple versions of the game and just feel burned by developers to the point they refuse to give Gun more money, or they have moved on to a different game. I get it, Gun is looking for a way to continue to make money from the game. Like many people have stated on here, lower the price on existing versions would of been the better strategy. It is what it is though.

I personally bought the game when it was on backernet for $30 (a few days before they raised the price). Then I spent $5.99 on Savini, and another $1.99 on the clothing. I didn't want to spend more than $40 on this game. 

10 minutes ago, SirMang said:

The mask wasn't made just for this collector's edition.

You can go on amazon right now and buy the same exact mask for 33.99

https://www.amazon.com/NECA-Friday-13th-Replica-Jason/dp/B005IBVUYG/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1531776810&sr=8-1&keywords=neca+replica+mask  

It looks a lot different then the one they are showing off in the picture for the game.

9 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Yes the poster could be free but I doubt it. 

7 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

I'm only guessing on this. 

Maybe the backers still get the art book/soundtrack because the $ for those items was collected long before the content deadline. Now that the deadline has passed they are not allowed to sell them anymore. I think it's a matter of the point in time that the purchase is/was made that makes the difference. 

Again this is only my speculation. 

Yeah backers can get theirs that is fine, they paid for it already so they have to give it to them. However the mask and posters are being sold with this bundle, tho only one of the posters we've seen. That doesn't make sense to me, if they can sell this why can't the artbook and soundtrack be sold? 

8 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

People getting angry over video games is not much different than people who get upset when their favorite sports team loses. Sometimes people need to vent. There are better ways though.

Giving something away with the special collector's edition is not selling the poster. They are giving people the poster as part of the promotion of the collector's edition of the game. The poster has no cost; thus is not being sold. Even if a value is given to the poster; $9.99 for example, they still are not selling the poster because it's a promotional value. It is all legalese and a way to work around the whole "selling" of items. What Gun COULD do is offer a digital upgrade to a collector's edition which would include the poster etc, but they cannot outright just sell the poster. 

Did I miss somewhere or does that edition state what size the poster is? I've seen Wes' tweet but those posters he was holding appeared much bigger than what would fit in a Collector's Edition box that ships to brick-and-mortar stores.

Or maybe I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Did I miss somewhere or does that edition state what size the poster is? I've seen Wes' tweet but those posters he was holding appeared much bigger than what would fit in a Collector's Edition box that ships to brick-and-mortar stores.

Or maybe I'm wrong.

I believe the dimensions in the post on Jeff Bezos' money printing site said "a 13" x 9" reproduction poster".

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I believe the dimensions in the post on Jeff Bezos' money printing site said "a 13" x 9" reproduction poster".

Sounds about right and also reasonable. The bigger prints are cooler but all in all, I guess it's still something.