Jump to content
BFizzle

Friday The 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Collector's Edition

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

They have a better chance of making money to go along with 'dedicated servers for consoles' if they packaged up Uber with recycled music cues and his kills to go along with the Pajama clothing pack for like 10 bucks a pop and promoting as the the last content. I could see the remaining playerbase eating that up for like 10 bucks a pop by comparison to an outrageously priced collectors edition.

But of course even despite both being in the pipeline months ago via video evidence and data mining, its no dice. Grendel I can understand, it like...really wasn't finished at all.

I would definitely pay for Uber and his 6 kills and a PJ pack for 10 bucks all day !!

Give me Jason X with part 9 music and sound effects I will take it !!!

wish this was an option... we should make a poll...to show them where the community stands on the issue

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I would definitely pay for Uber and his 6 kills and a PJ pack for 10 bucks all day !!

wish this was an option... we should make a poll...to show them where the community stands on the issue

I definitely would not pay for something they had told us they were going to give us for free. 

And I agree with @Ghostboy20. They can package and sell a new edition of the game with new merch, but they can't release content they already announced and had started development on?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

I definitely would not pay for something they had told us they were going to give us for free. 

And I agree with @Ghostboy20. They can package and sell a new edition of the game with new merch, but they can't release content they already announced and had started development on?

To answer your question, Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

I definitely would not pay for something they had told us they were going to give us for free. 

And I agree with @Ghostboy20. They can package and sell a new edition of the game with new merch, but they can't release content they already announced and had started development on?

The extra kills and pj pack would always have been paid DLC....

and since it seems like in my opinion that the reason Uber has not or will not be released is because he can’t be Monetized.

 I would rather pay for the items I would have purchased anyway with a little extra to get him into the game then not at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

71UIAoOcUdL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I have to admit, I am surprised the angry forum and reddit users haven't filled the comment and review sections of the posting yet with negative reviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

Emails have gone out to backers that purchased art books and/or soundtracks that they should have them in hand in 6-8 weeks.

The backers can get those but Wes told people who were asking if they could buy these later down the road were told no. They couldn't release these to the public. So how come they can release these to the public and not the Art book and soundtrack then? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

71UIAoOcUdL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I have to admit, I am surprised the angry forum and reddit users haven't filled the comment and review sections of the posting yet with negative reviews.

Don’t give them ideas.... it’s bad enough almost every post in the forums and reddit are straight middle fingers to Gun and Illfonic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

71UIAoOcUdL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I have to admit, I am surprised the angry forum and reddit users haven't filled the comment and review sections of the posting yet with negative reviews.

“Authentic Replica Part 3 Mask”.... Literally not authentic or a replica at all. Looks terrible in that pic. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Truth said:

The description on amazon (interesting portion in bold letters):

"Friday the 13th: the game Ultimate slasher Edition comes equipped with the game, a 13x19 game poster and all available DLC released for the game. This definitive collection Includes single player challenges, virtual cabin 2.0, all kills for Jason, new maps, new counselors, new playable jason's, matches with AI bots, all clothing packs & more. The game is a faithful tribute to the franchise, all the way down to the tiniest detail. Whether it's One of the many iconic film locations that have been chosen for the game, or the various Jason Voorhees models themselves, fans can rest assured that everything in Friday the 13th: the game has been painstakingly recreated with accuracy in mind. This is truly the love letter Friday the 13th fans have waited more than 30 years for."

 

Wow, so they kill content for the game and begin dipping into merchandising. It has a mask and posters. That's something. I wonder what "final, bug free" code will be on the disc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Don’t give them ideas.... it’s bad enough almost every post in the forums and reddit are straight middle fingers to Gun and Illfonic

That seems excessive, and a bit of an overestimation.  

If they wanted praise, they'd have been more communicative and transparent.  Announcement trailers that turned into cancelled game modes, the still unresolved Savini code selling campaign, unfulfilled backer kits more than a YEAR after the game officially released, pervasive bugs, glitches, and exploits, prioritizing an engine upgrade over new content, multiple thoroughly documented instances of outright misinformation by employees and agents of Gun/Illfonic.... all these things give the community plenty of reasons to be upset.  

Continue to like the game and the IP all you want.  Defend everyone except the folks who have legitimate complaints, that's your right.  But don't denigrate folks who disagree with you.  Everything I listed up there is true.  Not opinion, not subjective, but verifiable fact.  You can argue an opinion, but the facts are what they are.

Edit: @OCT 31 1978 is a good dude/dudette, and I'm just frustrated by the whole situation.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NScarlato said:

Bugs in the listing.  Please check back in March 2019 for correction.  

When will it be fixed? Soon©  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else notice they added to the ESRB rating? I was wondering about that since the swimsuit dlc had partial nudity (i.e, Tiffany's butt cheeks being mostly exposed) and SPC had actual sexual content. Plus, there's always references to marijuana, plus you see beer cans everywhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

That seems excessive, and a bit of an overestimation.  

If they wanted praise, they'd have been more communicative and transparent.  Announcement trailers that turned into cancelled game modes, the still unresolved Savini code selling campaign, unfulfilled backer kits more than a YEAR after the game officially released, pervasive bugs, glitches, and exploits, prioritizing an engine upgrade over new content, multiple thoroughly documented instances of outright misinformation by employees and agents of Gun/Illfonic.... all these things give the community plenty of reasons to be upset.  

Continue to like the game and the IP all you want.  Defend everyone except the folks who have legitimate complaints, that's your right.  But don't denigrate folks who disagree with you.  Everything I listed up there is true.  Not opinion, not subjective, but verifiable fact.  You can argue an opinion, but the facts are what they are.

Why can’t I use all my likes for this? And of course your going to get a reply saying that this should all be brought upto gun  through email not the forums. I have personally emailed @wes, @Randygbk about all of this stuff and never received a answer. Especially about the savini. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

That seems excessive, and a bit of an overestimation.  

If they wanted praise, they'd have been more communicative and transparent.  Announcement trailers that turned into cancelled game modes, the still unresolved Savini code selling campaign, unfulfilled backer kits more than a YEAR after the game officially released, pervasive bugs, glitches, and exploits, prioritizing an engine upgrade over new content, multiple thoroughly documented instances of outright misinformation by employees and agents of Gun/Illfonic.... all these things give the community plenty of reasons to be upset.  

Continue to like the game and the IP all you want.  Defend everyone except the folks who have legitimate complaints, that's your right.  But don't denigrate folks who disagree with you.  Everything I listed up there is true.  Not opinion, not subjective, but verifiable fact.  You can argue an opinion, but the facts are what they are.

You and other can be as upset as you want. Guess how much it matters, and guess how much of a difference it will make in regards to the future of the game. Need a hint? 0

Yes I know I am being intensive and I am disregarding peoples feelings. The FACT is, in the grand scheme of this game, the only thing about the community that matters is how much money they spend on this game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

When will it be fixed? Soon©  :)

Probably need do decide what the price is lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

“Authentic Replica Part 3 Mask”.... Literally not authentic or a replica at all. Looks terrible in that pic. 

Like a big ass peanut.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

Why can’t I use all my likes for this? And of course your going to get a reply saying that this should all be brought upto gun  through email not the forums. I have personally emailed @wes, @Randygbk about all of this stuff and never received a answer. Especially about the savini. 

I don't think Randy will ever be on the forums again. Last logged in back in February. I doubt he lurks. Can't remember if he stopped streaming around that time or a little before. I can't remember if he streamed when the Roy/Pinehurst update came out.

Either way, he seems far removed from the game now. Not saying your wrong btw, just saying he seems done. He offered up a few weeks worth of excuses as to why he stopped streaming, then probably realized he didn't need to anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

At this point the release might actually be a good thing for console players because if they use a newer build of the game for this disc then that means it should include content NOT found on the October 2017 disc release. Most notably, Offline Bots, Virtual Cabin 2.0 and Singleplayer Challenges plus a number of maps and counselors. Even with the post engine upgrade bugs it would be nice to have those modes available on a disc as a backup in case the game was ever delisted and unavailable to redownload.

If you were to ever lose access to your PSN/XBL account or the harddrive installation of the current build you would at least have a physical backup you could use that wasn't tied to any specific profile.

Unfortunately, it does appear that the DLC is likely to still require to be downloaded so you wouldn't have access to that if it were ever to be delisted.

 

Sorry for the caps, but I want to make my point. ACTUALLY, WHAT THEY SHOULD DO IS SEND OUT A REPLACEMENT DISC TO ALL THE BACKERS WITH THE FULL CONTENT. /Allstop

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

You and other can be as upset as you want. Guess how much it matters, and guess how much of a difference it will make in regards to the future of the game. Need a hint? 0

Yes I know I am being intensive and I am disregarding peoples feelings. The FACT is, in the grand scheme of this game, the only thing about the community that matters is how much money they spend on this game.

My issue with all of this is the fact they can sell this but not Uber or anything else that was promised, this is indeed new content they are adding. They told people asking about the Artbook and soundtrack if they could buy it and they were told they couldn't because it would be new content. Wes himself told people this, how can they sell this and not the Art book and soundtrack as well? This has a poster and a mask you can buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

That seems excessive, and a bit of an overestimation.  

If they wanted praise, they'd have been more communicative and transparent.  Announcement trailers that turned into cancelled game modes, the still unresolved Savini code selling campaign, unfulfilled backer kits more than a YEAR after the game officially released, pervasive bugs, glitches, and exploits, prioritizing an engine upgrade over new content, multiple thoroughly documented instances of outright misinformation by employees and agents of Gun/Illfonic.... all these things give the community plenty of reasons to be upset.  

Continue to like the game and the IP all you want.  Defend everyone except the folks who have legitimate complaints, that's your right.  But don't denigrate folks who disagree with you.  Everything I listed up there is true.  Not opinion, not subjective, but verifiable fact.  You can argue an opinion, but the facts are what they are.

I Don’t disagree with your points they are all legitimate concerns and I have never defended Gun about their lack of communication or transparency I have always said the opposite actually, we deserved better I am a backer still waiting on said items.

there are a lot of questions I want answered but will be patient till I am given the facts about them... the engine upgrade priority, content notification etc.

I just take issue in the way some members go about getting their  opinions and displeasure about how things have recently panned out to the developers, hired employees and  volunteers at Gun/ illfonic...

everyone is more than entitled to their opinions and feelings...however running a hate campaign or tring to force other members to feel the way they do about things or using out of context quotes to fill in the blanks of their opinions is not the right way to go about it.

post how you feel / your opinions what you would have rather have happened or how you would have done it... it’s all good.

I also stand by that post you quoted more than half of the post here and reddit in the last 2 months have been negative some posted correctly with feedback and legit concerns and facts others way off base with fill in the blank issues and opinions pushed off as facts and that’s just not right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

And it will be posted here?

I’m going to like your post on the assumption it will be.

Yes, sir. Nothing happened today with posts because it wasn't supposed to be announced today. We'll have a full post with all the information. 

As for Marketing sweating bullets, I mean, it's not how we planned to announce it. You know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

My issue with all of this is the fact they can sell this but not Uber or anything else that was promised, this is indeed new content they are adding. They told people asking about the Artbook and soundtrack if they could buy it and they were told they couldn't because it would be new content. Wes himself told people this, how can they sell this and not the Art book and soundtrack as well? This has a poster and a mask you can buy.

Merchandise and game content probably fall into different categories within the law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

You and other can be as upset as you want

Context matters, bro:

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I'm not mad.

I"m not even disappointed

I hate to repeat myself, but I'm going to indulge you the way I do my young kids: defend G/I all you want, it's your right to do so.

But the truth will set you free.

Edit: @OCT 31 1978, I can't quote you in an edited post, but you are definitely right about the hate campaign and the way some folks conduct themselves here.  I make every effort to be even handed when engaged in an actual discussion on these boards, and I respect how well you framed your response.  

Much appreciated.  I know I can come off as an asshole (because let's face it,  I am one), but I promised that when I came back from "forum jail" (procedural violation,  not content), that I'd adhere to truth above everything else,  and I tend to go from 0 to 11 when I get worked up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

My issue with all of this is the fact they can sell this but not Uber or anything else that was promised, this is indeed new content they are adding. They told people asking about the Artbook and soundtrack if they could buy it and they were told they couldn't because it would be new content. Wes himself told people this, how can they sell this and not the Art book and soundtrack as well? This has a poster and a mask you can buy.

You can make all the demands you want. The company is in no way obligated to proved forum members with every marketing, business decision they make. My guess is they had the ultimate edition planned from the beginning, and had the posters and masks lying around for this purpose. Since the items were already completed, they are not considered new content. That's just my guess though. As forum posters, I would just like to point out though that yes GunMedia botched their first major release and made numerous mistakes, this community hasn't exactly been sunshine and rainbows, and it's unrealistic to receive information about every little development change or marketing strategy. Many members of this community have had a sense of entitlement since day one. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't Wes just tweet the other day that they couldn't sell the posters because they don't have merchandising rights? 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...