BFizzle

Friday The 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Collector's Edition

11 minutes ago, SirMang said:

It's really unbelievable that Wes is all over the Reddit post about this but not his own forum addressing it.

This is something I will always have a hard time to understand. Sure places like reddit, twitter, facebook and all may reach a lot of people at once I'll give you that. But when you have an "official" forums for something it should at least be as important to post there than all those other social media platforms. Sadly, it doesn't look like this is the case here most of the time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Guys, I’m literally right here. :(

tenor.gif?itemid=11678280

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

My post wasn't necessarily about what's happening right now in this thread but for the way things are in general around here. Sorry for the misunderstanding it may have caused.

5 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Understand, you're just an employee or volunteer whichever so my comment isn't meant to come down on you.

Wes, the creator of the game, ran to Reddit to do damage control and did so faster than you either knew to do so here or he told you to do so here - whichever the case may be. 

The problem is this would be Wes' website so he should have ran here first to do damage control or had someone do damage control here first.  His posts on reddit about this happened before you posted here about this.

So the official forums is like the redheaded stepchild of F13 The Game information.  It gets ignored or ends up being the last to know.  Which, between either this or the official Twitter, should be the first to know.  

And to be fair this game/company isn't the only one who does this.  Bungie with their Destiny franchise does the same thing...and they get massive amounts of shit for it among other reasons they get massive amounts of shit.

4 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Dude, how hard is it to tell us things when they happen. That is literally all half of us want.

• Thanks 1

Ok lets try it out.

@ShiftySamurai

Any eta/ballpark estimate on the next patch or if things are being worked on? This last one still has the broken character select feature for counselor and Jason (plus random ugly, buggy looking Jasons) to go along with the new spectator bug that puts pretty much everybody but Jason and one counselor in spectator, thus making everybody ragequit at the start.

Two pretty big issues right there that should be addressed as soon as possible.

11 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Wes, the creator of the game, ran to Reddit to do damage control and did so faster than you either knew to do so here or he told you to do so here - whichever the case may be. 

The problem is this would be Wes' website so he should have ran here first to do damage control or had someone do damage control here first.  His posts on reddit about this happened before you posted here about this.

So the official forums is like the redheaded stepchild of F13 The Game information.  It gets ignored or ends up being the last to know.  Which, between either this or the official Twitter, should be the first to know.  

1. Wes thought I was unavailable to respond due to a family emergency. He had already responded to Reddit while I was responding here. 

2. Wes is the boss for sure, but it’s my job and not his to respond to these things. Again, he did so as he thought I was unavailable. 

3. I was writing messages for both and sent an email before posting. He was doing the same thing. He took Reddit, I took forums. 

Estimate for a next patch - I’m not sure. I don’t want to throw out a date and stuff happens that delays the release. Both of those issues are know, though, and are considered high priority. 

10 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Estimate for a next patch - I’m not sure. I don’t want to throw out a date and stuff happens that delays the release. Both of those issues are know(n), though, and are considered high priority. 

It’s cool could you clarify for us, which one comes with the mask and what does the new Counselors thing mean?

26 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Yes you are here. For now and in this thread at least. Most of the time, it's seems like tags and questions fall on deaf ears around here. Not until somebody does something drastic that gets them warned, suspended, or banned does much action seem to take place here. 

• Like 1

So they can make this and ship it out to everyone but they can't release new content? Isn't this new content? Wes stated on Twitter they wouldn't release the art book and soundtrack to people because it was content and they weren't allowed to do that. But this is fine to sell? I call bull. 

2 minutes ago, Lies said:

Does that happen often?

Sure seems like it. I'm not seeing as many of the old regulars around here like I used to.

8 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It’s cool could you clarify for us, which one comes with the mask and what does the new Counselors thing mean?

We’ll have corrected and complete information out in the next few days. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

So they can make this and ship it out to everyone but they can't release new content? Isn't this new content? Wes stated on Twitter they wouldn't release the art book and soundtrack to people because it was content and they weren't allowed to do that. But this is fine to sell? I call bull. 

Wes never stated the artbook and soundtrack wouldn't be released, in fact he's said to the contrary that they would be released.  

6 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

And it will be posted here?

I’m going to like your post on the assumption it will be.

• Like 1

O no! Gun is releasing a new version of the game to make more money to keep this game going? Those jerks. Releasing an ultimate edition is blasphemy even though almost every company does it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

And it will be posted here?

I’m going to like your post on the assumption it will be.

Stay tuned to Reddit!

And then it will be posted here once someone sees it over there.  

11 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Emails have gone out to backers that purchased art books and/or soundtracks that they should have them in hand in 6-8 weeks.

3 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

O no! Gun is releasing a new version of the game to make more money to keep this game going? Those jerks. Releasing an ultimate edition is blasphemy even though almost every company does it. 

Ummm, I’d just like some clarity. I can wait a couple days.

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

it should sell somewhere between 29 and 39 bucks. 

The point of collectors editions is to put all the material together at a cheaper price to try and get new people to buy in.  

Lets face it, none of us here will be buying that as we already own it.  And if we wanted the DLCs we would have bought those long ago or already own those too.

Agree it shouldn't go for more than $40 - it's original price - like other Game of the Year  I Guess We Are Done Editions that bundle everything together after a year.  

I initially laughed at the $70 price tag and the pessimist in me imagined them going "shit - the player base can do basic math!" when lowering the price.

49 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Dude, how hard is it to tell us things when they happen. That is literally all half of us want.

Not half ......the entire community...wants communication and for things to be posted on this forum first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

$20 says it'll have Savini as one of the included Jasons.

I don't know whether to bet with you or against you. That one's a tough call.

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

My best guess is that someone from Marketing is sweating bullets right about now.

Or shitting bricks...

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Was the listing outsourced, the way most tech support is?

Like when you call an 800-number and "Tim" answers the phone with an accent thicker than The Iron Shiek's?

That was one interesting accent back in the day.

51 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I'm not mad.

I"m not even disappointed. 

At this point, they should just leave the forums to us and continue disseminating information elsewhere, because they only care about this place when personal attacks are involved.

We literally have to crowd source information here from other outlets/sources.

I'm glad that someone takes the time to gather all that information from the other sources and posts it here.

Just now, SirMang said:

Stay tuned to Reddit!

And then it will be posted here once someone sees it over there.  

A big thanks goes out to those that take the time to do that to keep us in the loop.

The price for this collection could change between now and September.

14 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Appreciated.  If possible, could we get some sort of sticky or announcement on these official forums to coincide with whatever medium is tabbed to "break the news"--perhaps a direct link with a thread designated to capture reaction in the forums?  It'd probably alleviate the issue with multiple reaction threads popping up when the new info IS available. 

We actually understand that working with outside partners can lead to some issues, and while it looks like we're carrying torches and pitchforks outside the gates, prior response history in general has provided little in the way of clarity.

If anything, it usually makes things even murkier (subjectively speaking). 

Again, thanks for the heads-up.

They have a better chance of making money to go along with 'dedicated servers for consoles' if they packaged up Uber with recycled music cues and his kills to go along with the Pajama clothing pack for like 10 bucks a pop and pushing it out like they did the Part 2 kill pack. I could see the remaining playerbase eating that up for like 10 bucks a pop by comparison to an outrageously priced collectors edition...hypothetically speaking.

But of course even despite both being in the pipeline months ago via video evidence and data mining, its no dice. Grendel I can understand, it like...really wasn't finished at all.

• Like 1