BFizzle

Friday The 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Collector's Edition

Hey guys, a listing went up that has some inaccuracies. We will have corrected information available in the next few days. In the meantime we are working with our physical release partner to have this incorrect listing removed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hey guys, a listing went up that has some inaccuracies. We will have corrected information available in the next few days. 

Was the listing outsourced, the way most tech support is?

Like when you call an 800-number and "Tim" answers the phone with an accent thicker than The Iron Shiek's?

• Like 1

Honestly, things like this happen all the time. Just check out Walmart CA in the weeks leading up to E3. Not how we wanted to announce these things, but, it happens. 

• Like 1

At this point the release might actually be a good thing for console players because if they use a newer build of the game for this disc then that means it should include content NOT found on the October 2017 disc release. Most notably, Offline Bots, Virtual Cabin 2.0 and Singleplayer Challenges plus a number of maps and counselors. Even with the post engine upgrade bugs it would be nice to have those modes available on a disc as a backup in case the game was ever delisted and unavailable to redownload.

If you were to ever lose access to your PSN/XBL account or the harddrive installation of the current build you would at least have a physical backup you could use that wasn't tied to any specific profile.

Unfortunately, it does appear that the DLC is likely to still require to be downloaded so you wouldn't have access to that if it were ever to be delisted.

It ain't worth $70...

$70 for all the dlcs and a poster? Why would anyone buy this? You could just buy the base game and all the dlc for cheaper...

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hey guys, a listing went up that has some inaccuracies. We will have corrected information available in the next few days. 

Good, the current listings are not worth that hefty price.

Edit: Just saw the updated listing, and. I don't know tbh...

I sttill think there could be more, how's about a map of the full camp side(That includes crystal lake,Higgins Haven,Packanack,Jarvis House, and Pinehurst) ?

Or maybe some crystal lake pocket knives?

Just a few ideas.

Edited by Freddie Mercury
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm guessing it sells for $50

Now the $70 price makes sense due to the listing changing and now including an actual hockey mask.

Edited by A.J. Mason
The listing in the link changed.
  • Like 1

it should sell somewhere between 29 and 39 bucks. 

The point of collectors editions is to put all the material together at a cheaper price to try and get new people to buy in.  

Lets face it, none of us here will be buying that as we already own it.  And if we wanted the DLCs we would have bought those long ago or already own those too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Honestly, things like this happen all the time. Just check out Walmart CA in the weeks leading up to E3. Not how we wanted to announce these things, but, it happens. 

When's the last time y'all actually announced something on this forum before it was announced, leaked, discovered, etc elsewhere?

Not trying to be a dick, but let's not pretend y'all have any intention of giving information in this forum first.

• Thanks 5

One of the photos shows a NECA replica mask. NECA makes good stuff. I got a couple of the mask they have done. There the reason for the 70.00 price point

Do you actually get anything that doesn't come with the digital release or the physical release we already have? Because otherwise, what's the point?

6 minutes ago, Dr Zaius 007 said:

One of the photos shows a NECA replica mask. NECA makes good stuff. I got a couple of the mask they have done. There the reason for the 70.00 price point

yup, just noticed this too. Says part iii mask and poster included

1 minute ago, A.J. Mason said:

The listing has been changed. The mask was not included an hour ago. 

LOL ok. I didn't see it an hour again. That explains that.

5 minutes ago, Dr Zaius 007 said:

There was no mask in the listing originally.

With the mask being included, since it is a 33 dollar mask, the price point of 69.99 now is reasonable as you're getting value for your money. 

• Like 1

It's really unbelievable that Wes is all over the Reddit post about this but not his own forum addressing it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, makred78 said:

According to Wes on reddit, there's going to be 2 different editions of this. My guess is one with the mask and one without it. Savini Jason won't be in any of those editions for those who were wondering about it.

https://old.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/8zcr7f/ultimate_slasher_collectors_edition_announced/

Thank you for using the "old reddit" link. 

New Reddit sucks worse than the lighting on everyone's hair post-engine upgrade.

• Haha 1

Just now, SirMang said:

It's really unbelievable that Wes is all over the Reddit post about this but not his own forum addressing it.

This, and they wonder why we’re pissed at them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Because I answered on the forums while traveling and Wes got to Reddit before I told him that I could. 

@The Milwauking Dead no. The game features function in the same way that they currently do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Two words:

(1) CASH

(2) GRAB

Sure does look like it.

1 hour ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Is this a fucking joke??

Sure does look like it.

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This, and they wonder why we’re pissed at them.

I'm not mad.

I"m not even disappointed. 

At this point, they should just leave the forums to us and continue disseminating information elsewhere, because they only care about this place when personal attacks are involved.

We literally have to crowd source information here from other outlets/sources.  Is it any wonder why there's so much misinformation?  In the absence of any sort of regularly scheduled updates from ANYONE, it's absolutely feasible, nay LIKELY that we're going to have incorrect posts and speculation.  Speculation is literally all we have left, here.

Edit:  Apart from the personal attacks, they only ever come in here to correct misinformation.  Again, that could be avoided if we actually received information here in anything remotely resembling a timely fashion.

Sure, they could argue that everytime they share something we come down pretty hard on them, but when most of the "information" involves cancelling announced modes or features, delays in backer rewards, or "no new content", of course folks are going to be reactionary.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Because I answered on the forums while traveling and Wes got to Reddit before I told him that I could. 

@The Milwauking Dead no. The game features function in the same way that they currently do.

Damn. I’d actually pay for this version just to unlock everything. Lol. I don’t have time to level up!