BFizzle

Friday The 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Collector's Edition

Wtf?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Selling the game for more than it'd cost to buy a physical copy and download the DLC lol smh.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

Wtf?

$20 says it'll have Savini as one of the included Jasons.

2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

$20 says it'll have Savini as one of the included Jasons.

The description on amazon (interesting portion in bold letters):

"Friday the 13th: the game Ultimate slasher Edition comes equipped with the game, a 13x19 game poster and all available DLC released for the game. This definitive collection Includes single player challenges, virtual cabin 2.0, all kills for Jason, new maps, new counselors, new playable jason's, matches with AI bots, all clothing packs & more. The game is a faithful tribute to the franchise, all the way down to the tiniest detail. Whether it's One of the many iconic film locations that have been chosen for the game, or the various Jason Voorhees models themselves, fans can rest assured that everything in Friday the 13th: the game has been painstakingly recreated with accuracy in mind. This is truly the love letter Friday the 13th fans have waited more than 30 years for."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well that's one way to keep trying to get money to come in to pay for bug fixes and dedicated servers.

That new maps, new counselors and new Jasons line is interesting though. 

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

"Friday the 13th: the game Ultimate slasher Edition comes equipped with the game, a 13x19 game poster and all available DLC released for the game. This definitive collection Includes single player challenges, virtual cabin 2.0, all kills for Jason, new maps, new counselors, new playable jason's, matches with AI bots, all clothing packs & more. The game is a faithful tribute to the franchise, all the way down to the tiniest detail. Whether it's One of the many iconic film locations that have been chosen for the game, or the various Jason Voorhees models themselves, fans can rest assured that everything in Friday the 13th: the game has been painstakingly recreated with accuracy in mind. This is truly the love letter Friday the 13th fans have waited more than 30 years for."

The copy has a bunch of errors in it.  If I had to guess, it's more that those Jasons are "new" from when the game was launched via digital download only (Part IV was new when I started playing last October, and Roy was added in later on).

I can't wait until the rest of the forums hears about this.

Edit: The balls on these guys... I'd need a wheelbarrow if I were them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Which doesn't make sense. It says this edition includes SPC, VC, and all maps, counselors and Jasons. There isn't a version of the game out there that doesn't have these things...

• Like 1

Just now, SDA said:

What could that even be?

Two words:

(1) CASH

(2) GRAB

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

The poster looks pretty cool. I'm kinda jealous of that. I have the steelbook and all I got was some tiny stickers.

• Like 1

Here's what I don't get.  The normal edition of the game is 40 bucks.  DLC packs are 16 bucks for all of them.

That's 56 dollars to get everything in this definitive edition right now, today, without having to wait til September. 

So why buy this edition?  

OR

Maybe that new Jasons, new counselors, new maps thing actually means something. 

Oh there's a poster!!!!!  Maybe that cost 13.99 to make! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SirMang said:

I don't think so, but I know who we could ask... @ShiftySamurai

I'm not saying it's a reasonable expectation, but there's a reality where they go "palms up" just to buy time to work without pressure, then roll out a better version.

Or, they made another goof. Let's find out!

5 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Here's what I don't get.  The normal edition of the game is 40 bucks.  DLC packs are 16 bucks for all of them.

That's 56 dollars to get everything in this definitive edition right now, today, without having to wait til September. 

So why buy this edition?  

OR

Oh there's a poster!!!!!  Maybe that cost 13.99 to make! 

Is Savini Jason worth $14.99 to you?

Perhaps a rework of Retro and separating him from Part III?

Paranoia mode?

Ohhhh, maybe dedicated servers will be unlocked only with a physical copy purchase of this edition!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

I don't think so, but I know who we could ask... @ShiftySamurai

usually when companies do collectors editions, they end up being a little cheaper than buying each piece of the edition separately.  In this case, the collectors edition cost 13.99 more.  I'm perplexed. Unless people are paying 13.99 for a poster, which still makes no sense. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, SirMang said:

usually when companies do collectors editions, they end up being a little cheaper than buying each piece of the edition separately.  In this case, the collectors edition cost 13.99 more.  I'm perplexed. Unless people are paying 13.99 for a poster, which still makes no sense. 

A $14.99 poster?

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Just now, Bropollocreed79 said:

Is Savini Jason worth $14.99 to you?

Perhaps a rework of Retro and separating him from Part III?

Paranoia mode?

Ohhhh, maybe dedicated servers will be unlocked only with a physical copy purchase of this edition!

There's gotta be something in there more than a poster to justify it costing 13.99 more than it does today separately. 

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

A $14.99 poster?

giphy.gif

I got it!

The pajama pack! 

• Haha 1

Looks like Ben is reading the thread, maybe he could give us some explanation?

10 minutes ago, makred78 said:

My best guess is that someone from Marketing is sweating bullets right about now.

• Like 1

With that price tag, people who were expecting a permanent price drop to the regular game to help attract new players can forget about it for a while I guess.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, makred78 said:

Nope, just suspensions evidently...

• Haha 1