Jump to content
tyrant666

2 Seater And The Boat: Gameplay Failures Or Victims Of A Casual, Lazy Playerbase?

Recommended Posts

On 7/20/2018 at 5:56 PM, tyrant666 said:

Its teamers like this that make me want to keep my preference to Jason. Less because he's enjoyable and more because its one of the only ways to keep those assholes on the same team. Sure, they might troll other counselors by holding onto the parts, but they can't sabotage both sides now.

You need to find a group to play with. :P

On 7/19/2018 at 3:52 PM, Yoshman2523 said:

Okay that’s nice. I’m not having Jason on me “at the beginning”. Besides if it’s at the beginning, I’d want to look for more parts, items and the fuse. 

At the beginning is best time for him to be on you. He can't shift. If he gets tunnel vision one of the following things will happen. You will either escape by outsmarting, waste so much time that everyone else gets stuff fixed and then that is on him, or you make a bad call and die. Wasting Jason's time so that other's can fix thing is a strategy that I am most happy to do. Besides you are Bugzy.

His and Vanessa's speed is overrated in terms of delivering items. If you do not have a smart character with you right away dropping the part does you no good. It gives Jason time to morph and trap the car or whatever and you are in the situation of how to get rid of those. Which usually means someone has to tank and if it is your smart teammates they will most likely get Jason on them right away and die. Now leaving you with a dumb character that could have got that part in during a time that is easiest to escape Jason.

Do you I guess, but my experience suggests that you put in the part no matter who you are immediately at the beginning. If you happen on a smart character along the way to it the better.

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2018 at 4:29 AM, MrBeefy said:

You need to find a group to play with. :P

At the beginning is best time for him to be on you. He can't shift. If he gets tunnel vision one of the following things will happen. You will either escape by outsmarting, waste so much time that everyone else gets stuff fixed and then that is on him, or you make a bad call and die. Wasting Jason's time so that other's can fix thing is a strategy that I am most happy to do. Besides you are Bugzy.

His and Vanessa's speed is overrated in terms of delivering items. If you do not have a smart character with you right away dropping the part does you no good. It gives Jason time to morph and trap the car or whatever and you are in the situation of how to get rid of those. Which usually means someone has to tank and if it is your smart teammates they will most likely get Jason on them right away and die. Now leaving you with a dumb character that could have got that part in during a time that is easiest to escape Jason.

Do you I guess, but my experience suggests that you put in the part no matter who you are immediately at the beginning. If you happen on a smart character along the way to it the better.

:P

Fuck that. My character only has 2/10 Repair, meaning it’s easy to mess up, and if I mess up Jason will be on me and I don’t want him to tunnel me. I’ll stick to do what 90% of the community does with low repair counselors.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2018 at 9:56 AM, tyrant666 said:

Are the two seater/boat escapes just gameplay failures that didn't keep casual play in mind or were they fine features, but victims of a casual playerbase that became too entitled to bother using them more in comparison to the kill/troll Jason, cops, 4 seater and time limit win?

Yes, entitled little shits who want an easy escape and a free pass to stun and troll Jason.

It's reflective of the current state of our society and it's leftist mentality where the current generation wants free shit without earning it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Yes, entitled little shits who want an easy escape and a free pass to stun and troll Jason.

It's reflective of the current state of our society and it's leftist mentality where the current generation wants free shit without earning it.

Lol. I work at in insurance company in a very conservative leaning small town. Let me assure you that entitlement is a problem regardless of political affiliation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of the boat,... why the FUCK do Vanessa's, Jenny's, and other low-repair counselors insist on being the one to install parts?! Installing the gas is one thing, but the propeller makes a very distinct noise if you fail the skill-check. I'm standing right beside the boat (I generally use Debbie or AJ) frantically flashing my light at them in the hopes they'll stop and let me do it, they ignore me, fail 4 or 5 times, then SURPRISE!  Jason shows up and flushes that escape down the toilet. Nice job assholes, we could be halfway out of the map by this time but NOOOOOOOO... Now Jason's going to watch the boat like a hawk for the rest of the game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Speaking of the boat,... why the FUCK do Vanessa's, Jenny's, and other low-repair counselors insist on being the one to install parts?! Installing the gas is one thing, but the propeller makes a very distinct noise if you fail the skill-check. I'm standing right beside the boat (I generally use Debbie or AJ) frantically flashing my light at them in the hopes they'll stop and let me do it, they ignore me, fail 4 or 5 times, then SURPRISE!  Jason shows up and flushes that escape down the toilet. Nice job assholes, we could be halfway out of the map by this time but NOOOOOOOO... Now Jason's going to watch the boat like a hawk for the rest of the game.

The only reason I can come up with, other then the person being an idiot is if they're working on their boat repair badge. Although if you're going to be doing that use a smart character. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My take in regards to the OP’s question is that state of the player base is more to blame, more so than lazy or bad design. You just can’t predict what some players will do online.

Edited by The_Gray_Ghost_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

The only reason I can come up with, other then the person being an idiot is if they're working on their boat repair badge. Although if you're going to be doing that use a smart character. 

It's even worse if it's the fuse-box instead of the boat. Some Jasons, (myself included) might not teleport over right away if they hear the propeller, but you can bet your ass I/they do if they hear the phone being repaired. It is so frustrating to get killed because a Tiffany or Bugzy refused to let a repair counselor install the fuse, fucked up the skill-check, and brought Jason right on top of you in less than 5 seconds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It's even worse if it's the fuse-box instead of the boat. Some Jasons, (myself included) might not teleport over right away if they hear the propeller, but you can bet your ass I/they do if they hear the phone being repaired. It is so frustrating to get killed because a Tiffany or Bugzy refused to let a repair counselor install the fuse, fucked up the skill-check, and brought Jason right on top of you in less than 5 seconds. 

True enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It's even worse if it's the fuse-box instead of the boat. Some Jasons, (myself included) might not teleport over right away if they hear the propeller, but you can bet your ass I/they do if they hear the phone being repaired. It is so frustrating to get killed because a Tiffany or Bugzy refused to let a repair counselor install the fuse, fucked up the skill-check, and brought Jason right on top of you in less than 5 seconds. 

As much as I am all for find it repair it immediately at the beginning, I understand being leary of doing the phone with a dumb character. If I get the fuse immediately I will go for what I think the house is and try anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2018 at 3:24 PM, MrBeefy said:

As much as I am all for find it repair it immediately at the beginning, I understand being leary of doing the phone with a dumb character. If I get the fuse immediately I will go for what I think the house is and try anyways. 

Which is fine, but if a Debbie or LaChappa were standing right beside the box, would you try it anyway or give it to someone who can do the repair without ringing the dinner bell?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 7:52 AM, TangledHelix said:

Boats are a death sentences. The water eats your stamina, nullify weapons and pocket knives. I'll only take the boat if the car is started and Jason is trying to catch those there AND he's a Jason that's slow in the water. Or if it's at the beginning of the match and Jason barely has any abilities. The propeller is ridiculously hard to find, so when it comes to the newer maps like Jarvis House and Pinehurst the cops are more favorable. But then again it's QP so chances are someone has the fuse and is too scared of the traps and won't even drop it. So Jason's guarding the phone, there's a 2 seater and the boat is a death sentence. At this point if any of my friends spawn as Tommy, I would rather kill Jason or die trying than fix an objective. If any of my friends are alive then we survive the night by saving each other everytime Jason grabs. And just in case he slashes we all run thick skin and Medic.

 

I think the problem with people preferring to kill Jason over doing an objective is the traps. Since I run thick skin and Medic they aren't much a problem for me but they don't just function to notify Jason they do a lot of damage as well and this paired with the fact med sprays are harder to find deters people from fixing thing opting to kill Jason because they don't trap the shack, often.

Boats are only death sentences if you screw up the propeller and you’re dealing with Part 8. Any other one is still a huge risk but doable. I wouldn’t try my luck having to go upstream on Higgins or Pinehurst though. However I’ve still gotten away with it with plenty of noob Jasons. 

Even in all of these cases I’ll usually take a chance on the boat unless I know Jason is camping it because those badge points are hard to earn on account that the boat isn’t an option on most maps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×