tyrant666

2 Seater And The Boat: Gameplay Failures Or Victims Of A Casual, Lazy Playerbase?

I’m trying to complete my badges and both are boat related (boat escapes and boat flips as Jason). 

I’m going for the boat every time it spawns now and I’m normally picking water Jason’s to ensure I catch the boat when it moves. 

On 7/15/2018 at 9:56 AM, tyrant666 said:

Are the two seater/boat escapes just gameplay failures that didn't keep casual play in mind or were they fine features, but victims of a casual playerbase that became too entitled to bother using them more in comparison to the kill/troll Jason, cops, 4 seater and time limit win?

Hell no to both.  The boat is the ultimate goal of the lone wolf player: two easy repairs (the propeller always spawns in relatively close proximity to the boat), and no need for keys to escape.  In the hands of someone with rudimentary knowledge of the game's mechanics, the boat is the easiest way to escape.  Even a Jason who is camping the exit (which almost never happens to begin with) has < 50% chance of stopping you if you have half a brain.

When you main Lachappa, you learn to LOVE that boat.  I even take the perks associated with boat speed.

The two seater requires a bit more luck, but again, is a great option for a two-player team working together if they don't have the phone fuse nor know the phonebox location--that's something that folks are overlooking when evaluating escape options:  the phone box, while alluring, requires: the fuse, knowledge of the phonebox location, at least one knife to disarm the inevitable trap, outlasting Jason's pursuit once you DO call the cops (because he's going to morph to that house immediately)  AND you have to guess which exit the cops are going to arrive at, since Jason can morph and camp the exit.

I only work the phone box if Jason is distracted by others at the 4-seater.  In fact, I had a match on Pinehurst this past weekend where I two-manned the phonebox with an AJ player.  She tanked the trap and I made the repair while she positioned for the call.  I guarded the box from Jason with Lachappa knowing I wasn't going to make it.  That stall led to the call getting made, and eventually, some of the folks got away.  Granted, AJ got smoked too, but the fact remains, the cops arrived and folks escaped a very good Jason player.  I consider that a win.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sfosterjr said:

yea but if the parts are already by the 2 seater then your possibly screwing those who cant get a seat in the 4 seater. granted the person dropped part off by 2 seater should at least attempt to fix it if its early in match

Ehh not really. Most times I play, by the time one of the cars gets fixed a few people are already dead, so fixing the 4 seater allows most of the remaining survivors a chance to escape. I'm all for teamwork, so the more players I can save the better. My #1 priority is always calling the cops though cause that can allow everyone to escape. 

21 hours ago, Spinesplitter said:

One can be a lone wolf while working for the whole team and be a tremendous asset if done correctly and in any match not full of selfish baffoons

Oh no. This is almost always how QP goes for me; no one helps.

Counselors with pocket knives don't disarm traps.

Parts are always left where they're found.

If I am solely responsible for the repair the 4 seater and get it started under these conditions I just laugh because I know the 5 counselors suddenly standing around trying to push each other out of the way are all just getting left there.

If I'm in a lobby of players that do this repeatedly there's an increased chance that when the car starts it's going in reverse. 

***EDIT***

Well, apparently my comment was so awesome it was posted 4 times. Sorry 'bout that.

• Like 2

I'm a "take it where it needs to go" guy regarding parts- gas is near where it belongs, just put it there.

As for the boat, against a bad water speed Jason, it's ideal- even if he's ahead of you, a swerving boat isn't an easy prompt to get as Jason, and some of them have very little ground to cover.

Also, when bringing gas and prop to the boat, ALWAYS do gas first. There's a good chance Jason will go to the car if they hear a gas error; you don't have that luxury with the prop. 

Probably 80% of my escapes are in the two seater or the boat lol...

That's why I've always been on the side of stealth not being a useless stat. Playing as Tiffany, you can quickly and quietly find both boat parts and any counselor with a decent repair stat and escape in the first couple of minutes.

5 hours ago, DasMurich said:

This is almost always how QP goes for me; no one helps.

Indeed and it is due to the majority, of course, being simpleton douche whistles. 

I remember back in the good old days, I team killed a guy who fixed the boat. I went into combat mode and killed him in 2 hits. Me and his buddy sailed off to safety

If there are parts on the map, and I can get to them, they are going in the 4 seater first. I don't care what they're closer to, 4 seater is priority, next to the fuse box.

Honestly, the boat or the 2 seater should always be a last resort escape. I've seen many a pair of players repair them and exit the match within two minutes, not even bothering to help anyone else.

41 minutes ago, Brevator said:

I've seen many a pair of players repair them and exit the match within two minutes, not even bothering to help anyone else.

America Lachappa FIRST!

If you don't have a mic, and I find both the propeller and gas, you're on your own.

The boat is the most efficient means of escape.  It requires two repairs but no keys.  It doesn't alert Jason if he isn't nearby, like the phone does, and even if he camps the exit, he's got < 50% chance of getting you in the boat.

The car requires two parts, PLUS keys, PLUS stopping for passengers.  It's far easier for Jason to stop, as well.

The phone box is a death sentence even if you manage to disarm the trap, because the moment the cops confirm, Jason is on you like white on rice.  A competent Jason is going to kill you, unless you're rolling with a crew of stun-weapon-toting goons.

Viva la boat!

I always just take the part to whichever is closest since it was meant to be used for that vehicle. It's infuriating to find the prop and install it and be unable to leave because somebody hauled the gas from beside the boat all the way to the car leaving you wasting precious time searching in vain where it should be.

• Like 1

The boat is the best method of escape for a solo player against an incompetent Jason.  If you play against a competent Jason it's pretty much a death sentence and if you're playing against one of us who still need torpedoes, don't even bother with the boat, so basically any 150 Jason you come across.  When I play and there's a boat on the map, I'll constantly check my map to see if the boat has moved and against a Part VIII or any other water Jason your chance of escape are nil.  I could be in the process of chasing a car down and I'll still be checking the map for the boat and if the boat moves, I'll let the car go for the torpedo. 

The easiest method of escape for a group is to stick together and call the cops.  Jason will show up to disable the fuse box but if any of you are there with a shotgun or flare, he's not stopping the call.  If there are two of you with a gun, even better.  The call gets made off the first shot and then everyone scatters off the second.  And once that happens, Jason is in a battle against time to try and pick people off before the inevitable group up on the road where Jason has no chance to get anyone. 

On 7/15/2018 at 9:53 AM, MrBeefy said:

Bugzy can repair too. Honestly at the beginning if you find a part put it in even if a dumb character. One less thing he can trap and if everyone is repairing something he can't be everywhere at once.

Okay that’s nice. I’m not having Jason on me “at the beginning”. Besides if it’s at the beginning, I’d want to look for more parts, items and the fuse. 

I use the boat to escape whenever I can. I think it's the most fun means of getting away. And usually, everyone else is occupied with other objectives, so sneakily putting the boat together on my own suits my solo mindset. 

I tend to try to escape by the boat if it is available. If no boat then I try to get the 4 seater up and running as quickly as possible. When it comes to cars I NEVER drop the keys by the car unless I am playing with friends who I trust will not grab them and go. I rarely mess with the two seater unless I am near it and have the keys... seems more people like to take it by themselves in QP instead of picking up that one extra person. 

On 7/17/2018 at 12:54 PM, SirMang said:

The boat is the best method of escape for a solo player against an incompetent Jason.  If you play against a competent Jason it's pretty much a death sentence and if you're playing against one of us who still need torpedoes, don't even bother with the boat, so basically any 150 Jason you come across.  When I play and there's a boat on the map, I'll constantly check my map to see if the boat has moved and against a Part VIII or any other water Jason your chance of escape are nil.  I could be in the process of chasing a car down and I'll still be checking the map for the boat and if the boat moves, I'll let the car go for the torpedo. 

The easiest method of escape for a group is to stick together and call the cops.  Jason will show up to disable the fuse box but if any of you are there with a shotgun or flare, he's not stopping the call.  If there are two of you with a gun, even better.  The call gets made off the first shot and then everyone scatters off the second.  And once that happens, Jason is in a battle against time to try and pick people off before the inevitable group up on the road where Jason has no chance to get anyone. 

This is where teamwork and knowledge of Jason's abilities come into play. I generally wait for him to morph and shift and then take the boat... good luck catching me then. I probably have around a 90% success rate with boat escapes because I pay attention to shift/morphs. I rarely drive the car as I tend to play with much better drivers who can drive like Indy race drivers through the woods in Drive and Reverse...to the point where I feel motion sickness LOL!. 

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, Brevator said:

If there are parts on the map, and I can get to them, they are going in the 4 seater first. I don't care what they're closer to, 4 seater is priority, next to the fuse box.

Honestly, the boat or the 2 seater should always be a last resort escape. I've seen many a pair of players repair them and exit the match within two minutes, not even bothering to help anyone else.

Normally, I will not leave without a full carload of counselors if I am driving the car... if Jason stops the car, I am perfectly willing to sacrifice myself for them to escape in the car. I play for the team. But if there is an opportunity to take the boat, I am taking the boat. 
   Announcing you are taking the boat only gets you either pushed out of a seat that you earned by fixing it... by yourself... or six counselors show up at the boat, alerting even a noob Jason player by all the sound pings that just so happen to be grouped up in the direction of the boat.
   Taking the boat early is your best chance of escaping in it... this does not bode well leaving it for a "last resort". Leaving it until there are only two or three counselors left pretty much guarantees you will not be escaping in the boat. Fixing the boat and then going to help "the team" guarantees that someone else will notice it is finished on the objectives beside their map and you will not get another chance to take it.
   I will take someone with me on the boat if I run into someone, but I will not wait for them while they continue to speed loot. If they cannot leave that stuff for the remaining team members, they do not deserve the ride. I will also not mention what I am doing. "Follow me" is good enough, remember what I said about announcing you are taking the boat?
   The earlier your attempted boat escape is, the better the chance of escaping. Nerves of Steel lets you keep your mini map even with a prolonged chase in the boat and makes it easy to keep away from Jason... even a +Water speed Jason... its all on where the Jason lands on his morph pin. The +Water speed Jasons just have a better chance of getting the boat... but they have zero chance to catch the boat if they did not notice it moving. If they are far enough behind the boat, they will not catch up to it before you escape. So... if someone repairs the boat and leaves in the first 2 minutes without going back to "help" someone else, that just makes them smart players. They got an objective done... and escaped with a full load of passengers on it... or even by themselves if it came to that.
   If someone else fixes the boat... I will try to distract Jason for as long as possible in the hopes that they escape. If someone actually asks me for my spot in the boat, I will happily give it to them and try to escape another way... but in no way should anyone "bother" to help other players if they have the boat fixed early and a damned good opportunity to escape.

If you have a good team... that actually works to get objectives done... NEVER take the gas away from the vehicle it is closest to. A good team will find the gas that is closest to each vehicle rather quickly. Leaving players with a final objective on the other side of the map for their last hope of escape is pretty far from being a team player. It is certainly not "helping" the players that you could not fit in the car with your, or simply left behind because it was not worth the risk to drive across the map to pick them up.

• Like 1

Perhaps it's just me, but it seems like there's some real overthinking the boat escapes here. When going for the boat repairs achievement, I couldn't tell you how many escapes I had, but I only ever got caught once. Not once did I ever worry about which Jason was playing or any of that nonsense. Most maps you can reach the exit rather quickly, so unless the Jason just happens to check his map at that point, you're golden.

Love repairing that boat and getting out!:)

Just recently played a match where Jason was on my tail but morphed to the phone. Another player was escaping on the boat and stopped near me. They said hurry up and get in. I got to the water and swam to the boat. The drive it to the middle of the water and stop. I thought they were lost so I said "go this way" and they didn't move. The fucker let Jason come and he tipped the boat and drowned me. Then Jason leaves the other player and they get back in the boat and repeat on other players. I was so mad lol

4 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

Just recently played a match where Jason was on my tail but morphed to the phone. Another player was escaping on the boat and stopped near me. They said hurry up and get in. I got to the water and swam to the boat. The drive it to the middle of the water and stop. I thought they were lost so I said "go this way" and they didn't move. The fucker let Jason come and he tipped the boat and drowned me. Then Jason leaves the other player and they get back in the boat and repeat on other players. I was so mad lol

Its teamers like this that make me want to keep my preference to Jason. Less because he's enjoyable and more because its one of the only ways to keep those assholes on the same team. Sure, they might troll other counselors by holding onto the parts, but they can't sabotage both sides now.