Sign in to follow this  
Crispen_Glover

so are people still actually holding on to the promise of dedicated servers

Yes. If no other reason,  it delays the eventual end of online play. If you believe that dedicated servers are still coming, that's one more thing that stands between the game's death. If it's the last of dev promises, it's still something to keep away the lights being turned off.

Even if they come, it won't be for F13 but for Gun's next game (which they are already working on with Bloober). They will just be able to also use them for F13 but by that time costs will be cheap to accommodate F13's low playerbase. The alternative is that sometime in the coming months there will be an update from Gun that dedicated just didn't work out, or something along those lines. 

• Like 2

Yes. I for one believe dedicated servers will still be coming.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to do some crack and meth, washed down with a bottle of whiskey whilst I watch flying pigs sweeping majestically across the Southern England coastline.

• Haha 2

You can bet your ass I'm holding on to hope because I don't want the game to die. I have been waiting 25+ years for a video game where I can play as one of my favorite horror icons. Is the game perfect? Hell no, but I enjoy playing it and the experiences I have had.

1 minute ago, NScarlato said:

I honestly don’t care anymore. 

Same here. Other than for a future project there really isn't a good reason to have them anymore.

Nope. In reality they'd cost roughly $150,000 a month, about average, not sure how they ever came up with $1M. But, they've got revenue to keep them up. 

They need to get this game working. If they can get it working then multiplayer will be sustainable as peer-to-peer as it already is with the exception of PC.

The game just needs to work. 

No, I don't think they'll ever come.  Furthermore, I don't really care.  I haven't played a game in which I wasn't host in months...it's just part of my usual routine with the game now.

I spent enough wasted sessions just to have the host quit within he first couple months of the game's release last summer.  I won't let it happen anymore.

I'm on PC, but I have sympathy. The PC playerbase is abysmal by comparison, yet somehow they've managed to allow this to go on for over a year with any number of alleged reasons why for console players.

I mean the sting of no more content kinda limits their options as to what they can do as a side promotion. As it stands now, its actually kinda silly to keep having double XP/130 percent increase as weekend or holiday exclusives. At the very least, double XP should become a permanent thing to allow people (new and old) to level up faster and I'd even make leveling up faster. I mean yeah the counter to that is its a slap in the face to all the players who had to do it for a longer period of time, but from a business standpoint, its one of the few options they have.

Actually fixing the game would help, but we've seen 1 step forward/2 steps back almost every update regardless if its had content tied to it or not. Its hard for the mood to be anything other than bleak.

• Like 1

I honestly think dedicated servers would be a step backwards at this point. Time and efforts are better focused on other parts of the game. Instead of dedicated servers that will render the game completely unplayable once they go offline in the near future. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NScarlato said:

I honestly don’t care anymore. 

Same...

• Like 1

It’d be nice if they came but who really cares at this point. I’ll play F13 occasionally but I’ve moved on to DBD.

Quit playing the day of the announcement that there was no more content coming. Gun has repeatedly lied to us, from the original release date of October 2016 to now. 

• Like 2

I fired this game up on Friday the 13th because it was Friday the 13th hehe. I wasn't able to find a match on the first three tries. Then my first two matches I connected to put everyone but two people on spectator mode for some reason. Then I finally got in a full match but Jason was bugged and couldn't do anything. The last two people waited out the whole match too. Needless to say I just exited the game after that. Pretty pathetic how they "celebrated" the 13th and just left it all nice a broken for us.