On 7/15/2018 at 4:57 PM, Frumpy The Clown said:

I accept that there will never be no new content. What seems to ACTUALLY be the issue is most people don't understand the REASON Gun said that. I am not endorsing we the community start the campaign, but that if Gun did I would support it and others as well. Again, let me make this clear for the cynical, I believe Gun when they say there will be no new content ever. I was always taught that instead of reveling in others' problems or just bitching and complaining that I provide a solution. I'd like to see either of you come up with a better solution to get Jason X. If not, kindly stifle any more sarcastic remarks because their intended cynical lesson is not wanted nor needed.

It isn't wasting money if I get what I want. It isn't wasting money if I get further rewards in addition to what I want. No offense, I wouldn't give a wooden nickel to your kids. I know your response was in jest but just the same.

You gave money to the game once and obviously didn't get what you want the first time. Guess the hopes is round two will be different?

So i  this proposed kickstarter how much to u lock Jason X? $2, $10, $40?

I really think they should focus on getting the bugs worked out. Plus in order to Kickstart you have to have basically a 'working prototype'. Which while maybe being in the code would still go against the lawsuit, and not creating him fully would not work for KS. You could do an Indiegogo for that but it is much easier for people to run away with your money and not give you anything for your pledge.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

You gave money to the game once and obviously didn't get what you want the first time. Guess the hopes is round two will be different?

So i  this proposed kickstarter how much to u lock Jason X? $2, $10, $40?

I really think they should focus on getting the bugs worked out. Plus in order to Kickstart you have to have basically a 'working prototype'. Which while maybe being in the code would still go against the lawsuit, and not creating him fully would not work for KS. You could do an Indiegogo for that but it is much easier for people to run away with your money and not give you anything for your pledge.

Wrong, I did get what I wanted but was denied a crucial piece. Like everyone. Not because Gun just decided to stop working on it, but because they were FORCED to. The issue I have with Gun is that they are communicating they have given up. They claim to have such passion and love for the franchise but just seem to have given up. Once the legal battle is OVER, what reason would they not have to FIND A WAY to finish Jason X? Don't answer with a sarcastic remark along the lines of "they got our money, what do they care" or "this was their plan all along to take our money and run." Let me rebuke anyone right now that still believes that, you're ignorant of the subject and upset. I'm upset too, but I don't throw accusations of malice around to justify my feelings. It doesn't help anyone nor get us anywhere.

I am not being an overt dick but am honestly questioning "what are you asking" when I look at your second line with the question. Are you asking "what would be the production cost to finish Jason X for release?" or are you asking - by looking at the dollar amounts you listed - the default donation amounts? To the later, I don't know that is up to Gun. To the former my GUESS as to the production cost (and this is an uneducated guess) to finish Jason X for release equates to somewhere at $100,000. Give or take a few K. This is something that would release across multiple platforms, so if 5000 people donated $20 dollars each, we'd reach my uneducated goal. 10,000 at $10. Hell, even 100,000 people donating $1. I am meeting new people all the time in lobbies and showing them the ropes. They all LOVE this game, admitting there are bugs and glitches that NEED attention but otherwise LOVE this game. Across multiple platforms, there are more than enough to meet my uneducated guess-goal.

They are focusing on the bugs now. That is all they legally CAN do. They DO love this franchise and DO have a passion for it, so don't think they have abandoned the game for any reason. This is what adults have to do, work within the confines of the law, regardless of their "passion." If they can't add, Gun is just fixing. But there is more. Gun is now releasing an "Ultimate" edition. As shown here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FM9NL8Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1531762131&sr=8-2&keywords=Friday+the+13th+collector's+edition

This is a physical copy of the game that includes collectibles and the like. It will include all DLC's with no mention of Savini  (I love my Savini). Perhaps we don't need a Kickstarter and this is their plan. Or perhaps it is just a way to milk the game one last time to get funding for their next project. That is a shame but still a good business idea. But if it is just a milking then my idea still stands.

There is a problem with your line of thinking. To start a Kickstarter, you DON'T need a working prototype. Not only do I know someone that successfully funded his project without such, but Gun did the same. All they had were some sketches and prerendered footage to showcase their idea. The final fault in your thinking is ACTUALLY believing they would run away with the money donated. Not trying to be mean, but people like you REALLY need to go on some kind of medication. There are bad people out there, however Gun nor IllFonic are them. This is a LEGAL issue that legally ties the hands of the developers. Throwing around accusations of malice really is petty and doesn't help your case but only further discredits you. Maybe you don't actually believe they would take the money donated but merely are putting it in there to be facetious or flippant - either way you're wasting your time and making yourselves look bad.

Let me close this response by restating: "YES, the developers have stated there will never be new content. Due to the cost of keeping the lights on with the project while waiting, is just NOT smart financially. I accept this. Which is the reason that if the problem is money, my idea is a way for them to come up with the funds to utilize AFTER the legal battle is over. While I accept the stated fate of the game, I at least can wash my hands of it knowing I contributed to a solution rather than complaining about the problem."

Honestly, with no future content to look forward to, I think this game is just clinging onto a life vest, barely staying afloat, even if every problem was fixed, with nothing to look forward to,  people will just eventually lose interest, and leave, sad that in just 1 short year, it went from high hopes, to no hope.

Guys, look. I've read through all this thread and I understand how badly a lot of people want Uber and the Grendel. But to be perfectly honest, it is not happening.

Wes did not make the 'no new content ever' announcement lightly, he seriously meant it when he said it. There is nothing that can be done that is going to get Uber and the Grendel released. Sorry, but at this point these kind of threads are just cluttering the forum. It seems a new one comes up every week.

• Haha 2