I have an idea on how we can convince the developers to finish and release Uber and Pre Uber Jason, as well as the Grendel map. Have the developers hold another Kickstarter.

Let me first say, before I explain, that I do accept that they will not release new content in any form, because it just isn't a viable business plan for how long the game has been put on hold. My idea could fix it.

I know, there are some people out there that legitimately believe that Gun Media wanted to take the money and run. Where I don't like Gun "giving up" I don't believe ANY malice or scheming was part of their plan. No, I do believe that they are just looking at the numbers and making a prudent business plan. That is the reason they should hold another Kickstarter. Hear (read) me out.

Have them figure out the budget to finish Uber and Pre Uber Jason (Pre Uber and Uber are just skins of the same Jason) from part X and also to finish the Grendel map. Once this lawsuit is over and legalities are no longer in the air, Gun should start another Kickstarter to finance the project. What they can do, is also offer Savini Jason again for any backers or backers of a certain level. I myself already am a proud backer and Savini owner, but this would incentivize others to donate.

I do believe that Gun truly loves the franchise but I also feel they are giving up too easily. Paranoia isn't a mode I care about. All I care about is having every Jason. What do you all think?

I want Uber for no other reason than completionism. I want pre-Uber because it would be a logical step because they have no other Jasons to offer. I want Ghost Jason. I want Pamela. I want everything.

Will I get those? Short of a miracle, well.

People argue about a new KS, but if people are willing to throw money at it again? I mean, you do what you want with your cash. Nobody is holding a gun to your head.

I won't hold my breath.

50 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I want Uber for no other reason than completionism. I want pre-Uber because it would be a logical step because they have no other Jasons to offer. I want Ghost Jason. I want Pamela. I want everything.

Will I get those? Short of a miracle, well.

People argue about a new KS, but if people are willing to throw money at it again? I mean, you do what you want with your cash. Nobody is holding a gun to your head.

I won't hold my breath.

No, I think you are sensible in this and right. Honestly though, Pre Uber and Uber should just be skins like Retro and Part 3 Jason... in my ever so humble opinion. I ALSO agree that I want them for completion sake. I only play Part 7 because he gives the most challenge and looks the best so I don't plan to use X much beyond the first few plays if he were to be released. As for a Ghost? Is that canon? I don't remember him from any of the movies (including the terrible 20-damn-minutes-to-the-fucking-opening-credits remake). Pamela would be great. She could run like a normal counselor, HA, that WOULD be fun.

On a side note, fucking love your Herbert West avatar. Loved the movies and it is my favorite HP story. I was him for Halloween once and wore it to work, no one knew who I was. Even made a syringe of glowing green goo.

24 minutes ago, Frumpy The Clown said:

As for a Ghost? Is that canon? I

He's referring to ghost Jason from Never Hike Alone. You should definitely go watch that, it's up on YouTube.

Hindsight being what it is.

They should've stuck it out with the original concept. It may still be in Alpha or Beta today because the money wouldn't have been there without the F13 license but still...the lawsuit wouldn't be in the way and without the easy cash flow, the game would've had to be more polished no matter what since they wouldn't have the money to fall back on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

They should've stuck it out with the original concept.

I completely agree. I was super excited for that game. I remember watching that trailer and thinking "about damn time someone made a summer camp slasher video game". Oh well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Gotta love those sizzle reels

Gun's biggest strength is in making those, IMHO.

The Paranoia trailer was awesome...I have no clue what the mode was actually supposed to be (and they may not either), but damn was that a well-made hype video.

Sounds like a good idea, but didn't they say that regardless of the lawsuits outcome, no more content can be made? As strange as that is.

NO just no. Look I get a kickstarter to fund something many want but maybe cant get a major investor or company to back it. Thats not the case here as clearly there is a market for this game so turning down that would be dumb. It would be like if my best friend wanted me to loan him money to start a pizza restaurant. He opens up and its amazing pizza but he makes a bunch of stupid mistakes and has to close even with the place having a reputation for great food. So if my friend comes to me a year later and is like hey can I get another loan to do that again, my answer is no as I already know how this will end. 

Look they crowd funded bc they didnt want to have the restrains a major company would put on them. As a punk rock guy myself I get and dig that. But that clearly was a very bad move on their part as they were way over their heads from day one. 

9 hours ago, Frumpy The Clown said:

I have an idea on how we can convince the developers to finish and release Uber and Pre Uber Jason, as well as the Grendel map. Have the developers hold another Kickstarter.

Let me first say, before I explain, that I do accept that they will not release new content in any form, because it just isn't a viable business plan for how long the game has been put on hold. My idea could fix it.

I know, there are some people out there that legitimately believe that Gun Media wanted to take the money and run. Where I don't like Gun "giving up" I don't believe ANY malice or scheming was part of their plan. No, I do believe that they are just looking at the numbers and making a prudent business plan. That is the reason they should hold another Kickstarter. Hear (read) me out.

Have them figure out the budget to finish Uber and Pre Uber Jason (Pre Uber and Uber are just skins of the same Jason) from part X and also to finish the Grendel map. Once this lawsuit is over and legalities are no longer in the air, Gun should start another Kickstarter to finance the project. What they can do, is also offer Savini Jason again for any backers or backers of a certain level. I myself already am a proud backer and Savini owner, but this would incentivize others to donate.

I do believe that Gun truly loves the franchise but I also feel they are giving up too easily. Paranoia isn't a mode I care about. All I care about is having every Jason. What do you all think?

I would have liked to have had Part 10 Jason and the Grendel map like everyone else.

I kinda see where you are coming from. I have a few questions for you:

1. Given that it's been said many times that Gun does not plan on ever releasing Savini Jason again, what kind of alternate compensation would you have in mind to incentivize people to donate?

2. Given that you're proposing to finish content that hasn't been officially released yet, and according to the powers that be, will not be released, how many people could you expect to donate?

3. If the legal matters went on for another 3 or more years (not wishing that, but considering the possibilities), would you expect Gun to just pick up with this game and resume the development of new content?

2 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

Sounds like a good idea, but didn't they say that regardless of the lawsuits outcome, no more content can be made? As strange as that is.

I've read that as well. No new content (including the incomplete Jason) meant no new content. Personally, I'd be happy with bug fixes at this point.

7 hours ago, Fair Play said:

1. Given that it's been said many times that Gun does not plan on ever releasing Savini Jason again, what kind of alternate compensation would you have in mind to incentivize people to donate?

Pamela Voorhees from Part 1 and Ghost Jason from Never Hike Alone

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

Pamela Voorhees from Part 1 and Ghost Jason from Never Hike Alone

I'm like you. I would have loved to see Pamela in the game.

13 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I would have liked to have had Part 10 Jason and the Grendel map like everyone else.

I kinda see where you are coming from. I have a few questions for you:

2. Given that you're proposing to finish content that hasn't been officially released yet, and according to the powers that be, will not be released, how many people could you expect to donate?

3. If the legal matters went on for another 3 or more years (not wishing that, but considering the possibilities), would you expect Gun to just pick up with this game and resume the development of new content?

I've read that as well. No new content (including the incomplete Jason) meant no new content. Personally, I'd be happy with bug fixes at this point.

All great questions.

1. When they said they had no intentions of releasing Savini again (which I agree with fully - let those that didn't back cry and moan, I love my Savini) but he was an early Backer option. Since my idea involves another Kickstarter it would make it an easy reward to offer that LOTS of people would want. In lieu of that, we might have to consider the different types of supporters. If like the previous one, you could just spend money ON something: the original virtual cabin, the limited special counselor clothes packs; and if we wanted to avoid all previous Backer rewards for purchases, perhaps autographs from Kane or Henry. Something that can be mass produced yet personalized. So a basic purchase would just be their autograph, but a higher purchase would be a personalized autograph. What about the same for the guy that played Shelly? He said he even was an early backer and does support this game, so I am sure he wouldn't mind the fandom love and backing something he believes in by signing some photos.

2. How many, is an interesting question. It all depends on the mission and the reward. Adding Savini would be a HUGE incentive. Let's be honest about that. But maybe make him a stretch goal in that if achieved he would be available on all platforms for a VERY limited amount of time. I really like having an exclusive Jason skin, but I care more about finishing the product than hording my exclusive item. Let's also be honest, they did something similar claiming it was an "error." This "error" happened more than once. With that said, if say the financial goal was $100k, I would hope that at least 100k people would donate a dollar each. Remember, this is content that would span at least three platforms, with hundreds, if not, thousands of people who want Jason X and the final map. If 5000 people donated at least 20 bucks, the goal would be hit at that point. Honestly, I could foresee 100k easily donating. If the rewards and goal was something everyone wanted, it would bring in the masses.

3. Not at all. But you have to remember the REASON they will not in the first place. Money. They are a small company and they do NOT have the funds to wait and come back. What money they do have needs to be reinvested into a new product to produce. With that said, I do believe they TRULY love and are enthusiastic about this franchise. The level of detail and quality put into this game shows. Which means if they HAD the money to wait, they would. They don't. So if the legal stuff was resolved and if they GOT the funding, I am certain they would finish then release the final Jasons (Pre Uber and Uber). Gun HAS the rights still but those just entail following the law to abide by the rights. Once the legal stuff is over, no one will take the rights from Gun. They'll still have them. Just not the funds.

This video game was crowd funded from the start. Let's be honest, it wouldn't even be HALF as good if it wasn't crowd funded. They just didn't have the money. They had all the passion in the world but not the funding to back them. If that is the case, I say we complete the game with crowd funding.

Pamela Voorhees makes no sense. She was not super human. She did not possess anything that any normal person would...so technically one swipe from a machete and boom.. killer dead. Giving her special powers like Jason has makes absolutely no sense canon wise. She was sneaky (a stalker) that was her only "ability" per se. Once it was discovered it was her she was taken out rather easily by one of the least physical characters in the movie. So in the game.. Deborah Kim could just hit her with the machete and boom - round complete.

As for the KS - It would greatly depend on when this would happen. The game has maybe 6-9 months left in it max when it comes to playerbase (not saying that to be negative...just realistic). So if the game is still going...sure launch a KS to finish what was started on Uber/Grendel (if the case goes in GUN's favor). I don't think you have to offer Savini, but instead... offer Uber Jason. Make Uber Jason either a KS perk @ $25 or a $19.99 DLC at completion. Add a bunch of new weapons for the launch of Uber/Grendel as well as a DLC. This community has got a lot of material since launch free and me personally I have nothing against a few DLCs to support the game. Hell I bought the weapons DLC and I don't use it or play as Jason...simply did it to support the game. There are a lot of things that could easily be added if/when development were to continue... emotes, clothing packs, weapon packs, etc. 

Sorry. Wouldn’t give these companies another dime. The one thing i hope is that a different company, one with a solid track record, will see how much success this game had and realize there is a large market for it and recreate it. That I’ll back. But anything ever released/made by Gun and IllFonic will not see anything from me ever again

6 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

Sorry. Wouldn’t give these companies another dime. The one thing i hope is that a different company, one with a solid track record, will see how much success this game had and realize there is a large market for it and recreate it. That I’ll back. But anything ever released/made by Gun and IllFonic will not see anything from me ever again

You think any major game company would touch this community? LOL! I have been playing online games since the beginning...and this is the second most disgustingly vile community I have ever seen (EVE Online is the absolute worst). I can tell you right now... no major gaming studio would let people "vent" the way people do on these forums with all the vulgarity, threats, spam, etc etc... you would be banned in a quick minute. The toxicity of this community IS one of the things which has hurt this game so much and that is partly GUN's fault for letting it thrive in places like these forums. 

This game did not make enough money to interest any major gaming company... let's get that straight first of all. If any other company were to try again it would have to be another Indie company... so be careful what you wish for... :)

8 hours ago, Frumpy The Clown said:

Since my idea involves another Kickstarter it would make it an easy reward to offer that LOTS of people would want.

Since you'd propose a new Kickstarter, how about a new unique Jason instead of Savini? Autogrpahs would be nice too.

They are a small company and they do NOT have the funds to wait and come back.

We can all agree that Gun and Illfonic do not have the funds to play the waiting game. In addition, you have to take into account the amount of time that may have passed when they could get back to the game. Let's say it was 3 to 5 years. They would have to refamiliarize themselves with the existing code, and whatever they were in the process of working on. That's not an easy thing from I've been told aobut coding.

This video game was crowd funded from the start. Let's be honest, it wouldn't even be HALF as good if it wasn't crowd funded. They just didn't have the money. They had all the passion in the world but not the funding to back them. If that is the case, I say we complete the game with crowd funding.

If it wasn't for the crowdfunding, I don't think the game would exist.

8 hours ago, Jasix said:

Pamela Voorhees makes no sense. She was not super human. She did not possess anything that any normal person would...so technically one swipe from a machete and boom.. killer dead. Giving her special powers like Jason has makes absolutely no sense canon wise. She was sneaky (a stalker) that was her only "ability" per se. Once it was discovered it was her she was taken out rather easily by one of the least physical characters in the movie. So in the game.. Deborah Kim could just hit her with the machete and boom - round complete.

As for the KS - It would greatly depend on when this would happen. The game has maybe 6-9 months left in it max when it comes to playerbase (not saying that to be negative...just realistic). So if the game is still going...sure launch a KS to finish what was started on Uber/Grendel (if the case goes in GUN's favor). I don't think you have to offer Savini, but instead... offer Uber Jason. Make Uber Jason either a KS perk @ $25 or a $19.99 DLC at completion. Add a bunch of new weapons for the launch of Uber/Grendel as well as a DLC. This community has got a lot of material since launch free and me personally I have nothing against a few DLCs to support the game. Hell I bought the weapons DLC and I don't use it or play as Jason...simply did it to support the game. There are a lot of things that could easily be added if/when development were to continue... emotes, clothing packs, weapon packs, etc.

Pam Voorhees wouldn't make sense based on the skill system that Jason currently has. That's not to say that she couldn't be built into a slightly different mode with a different skill system. It would have been nice to have seen what Gun & Illfonic could have come up with. Too bad there's not gonna be any more content for this game. I would have enjoyed some of the future ideas that could have come to fruition...

7 hours ago, cruehitman said:

I'd be curious to see how some other companies might create a game like this, if the rights were available for them to do so.

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

What part of no new content ever do people not understand? 

I think most people understand that. It's just a bitter pill to swallow. Good thing I have a beer to wash it down.

You want to give them more money? If you like wasting money you can send some to my PayPal account. You can Kickstart fund my child's college.

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

I think people are just reluctant to accept the reality.

Sorry to say guys but, no new content is ever going to be made. Ever! Gun and Illfonic have already made their decision, and they seem to be sticking with that decision...

No online petitions or fund raisers can change that... 

Its just how things have gone...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SirMang said:

1 hour ago, Freddie Mercury said:

I think people are just reluctant to accept the reality.

Sorry to say guys but, no new content is ever going to be made. Ever! Gun and Illfonic have already made their decision, and they seem to be sticking with that decision...

No online petitions or fund raisers can change that... 

Its just how things have gone...

I accept that there will never be no new content. What seems to ACTUALLY be the issue is most people don't understand the REASON Gun said that. I am not endorsing we the community start the campaign, but that if Gun did I would support it and others as well. Again, let me make this clear for the cynical, I believe Gun when they say there will be no new content ever. I was always taught that instead of reveling in others' problems or just bitching and complaining that I provide a solution. I'd like to see either of you come up with a better solution to get Jason X. If not, kindly stifle any more sarcastic remarks because their intended cynical lesson is not wanted nor needed.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

You want to give them more money? If you like wasting money you can send some to my PayPal account. You can Kickstart fund my child's college.

It isn't wasting money if I get what I want. It isn't wasting money if I get further rewards in addition to what I want. No offense, I wouldn't give a wooden nickel to your kids. I know your response was in jest but just the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Frumpy The Clown I don't know what to tell you pal...

They can't release Uber Jason, Grendel, or any future content. They've said the lawsuit has made it impossible to release new content.

And they can't release Jason X dlc or any future content after the court ruling.

Wes's reason as to why:

" Development on games can't just pause indefinitely and pick up again; it doesn't work that way. Especially when you have no idea when tha future date will occur. We can't keep bulding content that may never see the light of day. That's bad business". 

Taken from this thread: http://forum.f13.com/topic/20227-questions-about-future-content/

I can appreciate your compassion towards getting Uber released(we all want him released), but. Its just not going to happen.

I'm not being cynical, nor sarcastic...

I'm just telling you the reality of it...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

@Frumpy The Clown I don't know what to tell you pal...

They can't release Uber Jason, Grendel, or any future content. They've said the lawsuit has made it impossible to release new content.

And they can't release Jason X dlc or any future content after the court ruling.

Wes's reason as to why:

" Development on games can't just pause indefinitely and pick up again; it doesn't work that way. Especially when you have no idea when tha future date will occur. We can't keep bulding content that may never see the light of day. That's bad business". 

Taken from this thread: http://forum.f13.com/topic/20227-questions-about-future-content/

I can appreciate your compassion towards getting Uber released(we all want him released), but. Its just not going to happen.

I'm not being cynical, nor sarcastic...

I'm just telling you the reality of it...

Not to sound high and mighty, but I feel that response from you was respectful yet in disagreement. Thank you. I am not trying to put you down however after reading your first post I read it as a passive aggressive comment directed at those like myself. And I just want to express my respect and appreciation for your most recent response.

But back to this thread.

And the reason they can't is money. They are just too small a company to be able to wait. EVERYTHING they do is tied to a budget. And I can sympathize with them. In my humble opinion the fact that they state they have such love for the franchise but have yet to indicate a desire to fight back to me sounds counter to their professed love. The fact that the legality behind the lawsuit ties their hands makes sense. The fact that while people are waiting for the results is costing them money makes sense. To me, if it REALLY was that important to them, they'd communicate in someway that they would find a way. That while shelved for now, if the funds were available they would complete and release the final Jason.

My goal is simply to give them an option. A way. I always come back to this comparison. Dave Filoni of Star Wars: The Clone Wars claimed a love for the franchise. When his show was prematurely canceled (Crazy Kathleen Kennedy), there was a sixth season that was relatively near completion. It was fully voiced but hadn't gotten past the animatics. So, Dave actually fought and got Crazy Kathleen Kennedy to approve production of the sixth and to be final season of The Clone Wars. Yes, LucasFilm probably has more financial slack to allow it, but even if not that show WOULD have been left incomplete if not for Dave Filoni fighting for it. Hell, there WAS a Seventh Season also in the works but Dave picked his battles. In other words, Jason X is damn near completion. We don't NEED Paranoia but Jason X we do.

Dave communicated that. Gun has not. Gun has communicated they are giving up. Gun claimed to care passionately (and it DOES show in the detail of the game itself) but they don't even communicate a desire to find a way to at least give us Jason X, after the legal stuff is done (ONCE they obtain funding for it). My issue is with what I perceive to be a defeatist attitude. Instead of just bashing them or throwing critiques at them, I thought instead to give them a helping hand with an idea. If you truly love something, fight for it. Obviously they can't while the legal battle is happening; but once it is over, if they truly have a passion for the franchise, holding another Kickstarter would make at least Jason X possible. Just an idea. Instead of throwing insults on social media (also I don't have ANY social media accounts) as some may, I offer hope.

Now here is another way to look at this from my perspective. Because of the situation, instead of just accepting the end, I at least can say that I contributed to a solution. Yes, new content most likely will never happen. I DO accept that. But if there was a chance of a solution, I at least did my best.