jaysonvohees

Rest In Pieces Friday The 13th The Game (Kotaku Article)

1 hour ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

Hear this ALL... the game was a MASSIVE underdog/success! The only reason they'll pull the plug is because of the negativity exhibited by you "fans" . give gun a reason to continue work after the lawsuit.  This is a shock and unfortunate but if they feel WE support them they'll pick it back up after litigation. STOP SPREADING TROLL HATE.  this game is a phenomenal singularity. Support it, regardless of the outcome instead of falsely crying fowl. Just once can we rally rather than insult?? One. Time. Just once

There was plenty of love around for the devs after lawsuit news dropped. Use the forum search function. Their response back to the fans was a white towel in the face. They phoned it home immediately. Whether or not they had any other choice is another thing.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

Hear this ALL... the game was a MASSIVE underdog/success! The only reason they'll pull the plug is because of the negativity exhibited by you "fans" . give gun a reason to continue work after the lawsuit.  This is a shock and unfortunate but if they feel WE support them they'll pick it back up after litigation. STOP SPREADING TROLL HATE.  this game is a phenomenal singularity. Support it, regardless of the outcome instead of falsely crying fowl. Just once can we rally rather than insult?? One. Time. Just once

they'll pull the plug when the player base erodes and they're spending more money than they're making keeping it alive. this is a business. they're not going to walk away from something that makes them money because people are saying mean things. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

What? 

What language do you speak and I will be sure to throw into google translate for you...

@VoorheesGt101

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/20062-were-still-here/?tab=comments#comment-305729

There was negativity, but there was also a large portion of the community that had no intention of giving up on them.

On 6/12/2018 at 10:53 AM, Truth said:

Like I said before, the only reason they would abandon the game is if WE abandon THEM. Let's do the RIGHT thing here.

Obviously I was wrong, but this is what I said in that thread. We tried, they still gave in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

give gun a reason to continue work after the lawsuit.

All I can do is laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

seems like there are more troll accounts or people who just don't read, or want to know the facts.

6 hours ago, BFizzle said:

All I can do is laugh.

Waiting on the suggestion that we not only do another kickstarter but all buy the $70 special edition lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

They already announced no new content ever.  Do you not comprehend that part?

You can support it all you want.  Go out and pre-order 10,000 copies of that collectors edition that's coming out in September.  Get all your friends to buy it too.

Gun has already decided what's happening with this game, and nothing you or anyone else around here does is going to change any of it.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SirMang said:

You can support it all you want.  Go out and pre-order 10,000 copies of that collectors edition that's coming out in September.  Get all your friends to buy it too.

Gun has already decided what's happening with this game, and nothing you or anyone else around here does is going to change any of it.

They've decided on plenty of things in the past. It doesn't mean it came true or that they've always stuck by it for long.

I'm not saying content returning is a sure shot when the lawsuit is done, but it can't hurt to keep throwing your voice out there. Information from Gun Media wasn't always reassuring.

7 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

They've decided on plenty of things in the past. It doesn't mean it came true or that they've always stuck by it for long.

I'm not saying content returning is a sure shot when the lawsuit is done, but it can't hurt to keep throwing your voice out there. Information from Gun Media wasn't always reassuring.

Exactly! Just because they "announced" no more content ever doesn't mean they won't pick back up. They said that after a barrage of hate and the last thing they would've wanted was to give this negative, demanding mob another rock to throw at them if they couldn't  deliver. 

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

You make me laugh. Touting how unreliable their past announcements were, while taking this ONE announcement as fact. 

As I said before; only negativity will actually kill this game. Btw I love the hypocrisy amongst the negative people here?

On 7/17/2018 at 1:35 AM, VoorheesGt101 said:

Exactly! Just because they "announced" no more content ever doesn't mean they won't pick back up. They said that after a barrage of hate and the last thing they would've wanted was to give this negative, demanding mob another rock to throw at them if they couldn't  deliver. 

You make me laugh. Touting how unreliable their past announcements were, while taking this ONE announcement as fact. 

As I said before; only negativity will actually kill this game. Btw I love the hypocrisy amongst the negative people here?

We're not being negative. We're being honest. 

And as long as we're being honest, your attempt to be cute here just plain sucks.

"Oh but Gun has said things before that have turned out not to be true, so what makes you think this is any different, hmmm?" Ugh. Spare us, please. 

Gun Media's track record of broken promises is not at all a valid reason to believe that more  content will be added to the game, Mr. Positivity.

Firstly, all of their previous inconsistencies were things that they more or less had control over. This however is entirely out of their hands. They do not own the rights to the franchise and have no say over what's happening. 

Secondly, all of their broken promises were originally intended to generate interest in the game so that people will actually want to, you know, BUY IT. Who wants to buy a game that, as far as we know, is never getting any new content again for all eternity?

Look, we've stood by Gun Media through every questionable decision and sketchy explanation, but we can only excuse so much. When we learned that they knew as far back as January that the lawsuit over the franchise would affect the game but gave us no warning at all, that's when many of us had finally had enough, myself included. 

But despite our grievances, most of us still play the game on a daily basis. Myself included. We're passionate about this game. That's why we're so pissed off about everything that's happened to it. 

So please, let's keep it honest and stop trying to be cute. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Brevator said:

let's keep it honest and stop trying to be cute.

Yeah, leave it to the professionals.  Just don't post a .gif of Ace Ventura crying in the shower; people get hella bent out of shape by this.

2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Just don't post a .gif of Ace Ventura crying in the shower.; people get hella bent out of shape by this.

What do you mean "No new content"?

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Brevator said:

We're not being negative. We're being honest. 

And as long as we're being honest, your attempt to be cute here just plain sucks.

"Oh but Gun has said things before that have turned out not to be true, so what makes you think this is any different, hmmm?" Ugh. Spare us, please. 

Gun Media's track record of broken promises is not at all a valid reason to believe that more  content will be added to the game, Mr. Positivity.

Firstly, all of their previous inconsistencies were things that they more or less had control over. This however is entirely out of their hands. They do not own the rights to the franchise and have no say over what's happening. 

Secondly, all of their broken promises were originally intended to generate interest in the game so that people will actually want to, you know, BUY IT. Who wants to buy a game that, as far as we know, is never getting any new content again for all eternity?

Look, we've stood by Gun Media through every questionable decision and sketchy explanation, but we can only excuse so much. When we learned that they knew as far back as January that the lawsuit over the franchise would affect the game but gave us no warning at all, that's when many of us had finally had enough, myself included. 

But despite our grievances, most of us still play the game on a daily basis. Myself included. We're passionate about this game. That's why we're so pissed off about everything that's happened to it. 

So please, let's keep it honest and stop trying to be cute. 

Yup... Just trying to be cute.  Not trying to bring positivity to an amazing game that means a ton to me and other F13 fans who grew up waiting for the game to follow the nes version. No actual meaning... Just being cute (badly, I guess). You see right through me.

6 hours ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

Yup... Just trying to be cute.  Not trying to bring positivity to an amazing game that means a ton to me and other F13 fans who grew up waiting for the game to follow the nes version. No actual meaning... Just being cute (badly, I guess). You see right through me.

Thanks for reading only one sentence of that entire post. 

You realize the game means just as much to us, right? 

FFS, tried to play a bit this morning. 1 hour, 21 minutes - 2 Matches. One of which consisted of 5 players total. 

And this is not a matter of, "Well it's too early". That's BS, I've always been a morning player.

I need to just shelve this damn thing, dust it off for an occasional single player run.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

FFS, tried to play a bit this morning. 1 hour, 21 minutes - 2 Matches. One of which consisted of 5 players total. 

And this is not a matter of, "Well it's too early". That's BS, I've always been a morning player.

I need to just shelve this damn thing, dust it off for an occasional single player run.

yeah, I hear you. Over the weekend was not bad in a few full lobbies. But so far during this week only 2 full lobbies, the rest were  5 player max. lowest was myself and the host. Fun, Fun. Truthfully I see myself playing to finish single player challenges, find tapes, try and complete achievements. then on the shelf it goes. its a shame, this is a fun game i think, had potential.

man, that last paragraph was way too accurate. I've been a fan as long as I can remember, and was so pumped when this game came out. I remember being legit scared when Jason was near me and the chase music was blasting. Even my gf would jump haha. 

As time went on, the bugs were fixed but more would surface, and given the amount of time it would take for bugs and glitches to be addressed, it really started hurting the game. I still play from time to time, but, man, the players are so toxic now. Almost every game, there's Jason helpers, hosts or Jasons that quit, people who hold items and just run away with them. Very rarely you get a game that everyone actually tries. 

I tried offline, and every damn bot has a knife and fire crackers, and seem to escape your grip extremely fast.

Anyways, went off topic, sorry. That final paragraph summed up everything I've felt. The potential was there. Unfortunately, they just couldn't really seem to gain any ground with momentum with killing bugs and balancing the game for the community.