Jump to content
jaysonvohees

Rest In Pieces Friday The 13th The Game (Kotaku Article)

Recommended Posts

Agree completely. This goes to show that dissatisfaction of the game is wide spread, and isn't just confined to factions here on the forums.

This is going to be the last Friday the 13th this game sees. Can't even make a full lobby on Steam today, no one's playing. Not a chance this game is going to make it until the next f13, September 2019.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This article is like the tip of an iceberg.  There's so much going on beneath the surface that isn't captured or glossed over by the article, but it's nice to have mainstream coverage.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jaysonvohees said:

Link to the article

 

It's sad it's come to this. What does everyone think? Agree? Disagree?

I think it's refreshing to see a major gaming outlet report accurately and fairly on the problems of the game.

I though it was well balanced, it gave both the positive and the negative. I think that the writer must frequent the forums, it she reads this, I’d like her to know how much I enjoyed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Agree completely. This goes to show that dissatisfaction of the game is wide spread, and isn't just confined to factions here on the forums.

This is going to be the last Friday the 13th this game sees. Can't even make a full lobby on Steam today, no one's playing. Not a chance this game is going to make it until the next f13, September 2019.

No one is playing on Steam because party creation has been broken since the June 8th patch. Most people that play this game don't lone wolf it because the fun is in the friends you play with. I haven't touched QP since that patch and won't until they fix this if they ever do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Truth said:

Seriously? They banned @jaysonvohees for posting the same article that I did?

He was banned for a different reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

He was banned for a different reason.

Interesting timing.

  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is basically a more friendly version of the talking points seen around here for a while now.

Its well written, no issues whatsoever.

I've actually had a lot more fun as Jason since coming back. Sure tryhard Vanessas and hunting/time wasting squads still exist but I find the lobbies to be pretty easy to wipe or severly wipe to the tune of 5/8 or 6/7, etc regardless of the skill level. The only issue I've seen is the glaring issues we've talked about already, plus the new features like the spectator bug that makes everyone but a couple players stuck in spectator plus the random character/jason bug that still hasn't been fixed and is easy to spot....like when im Shelly over and over, hence sticking with random counselor/Jason for me.

It is what it is. The game will die eventually, likely before the end of the year. Shouldn't have happened, but a combination of things have done it in. New players will come and go once they realize content is dead and they have to wait for the occasional XP weekends/holidays to level up.

Bottom line. Its a fair article really. Without content, the only card they have to play is actually fixing the game and so far...they haven't proven they can going back over a year now.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This article does a good job summing up the frustrations of the fanbase.  The first "staff" comment below the article does an even better job of adding some context as to why many of us are so disappointed.

With a little bit of transparency, along with patience with and gratitude to a fanbase who made them a lot of money, the developers could have avoided the shitshow the community has become.

@Bropollocreed79 wrote a mini-novel in the "off-topic" section which summed up very well just how poorly the circumstances were handled.  If you have a few hours, go check it out. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

This article does a good job summing up the frustrations of the fanbase.  The first "staff" comment below the article does an even better job of adding some context as to why many of us are so disappointed.

With a little bit of transparency, along with patience with and gratitude to a fanbase who made them a lot of money, the developers could have avoided the shitshow the community has become.

@Bropollocreed79 wrote a mini-novel in the "off-topic" section which summed up very well just how poorly the circumstances were handled.  If you have a few hours, go check it out. ?

  I agree... the article did a good job at "summing up the frustrations"... But it only touch the surface, didn't even scratch it.
  I also agree with your second point... well said.
   Your third point though... its not a mini novel... an essay perhaps. It only comes out to five pages apparently. It should not take you much longer than five minutes to read it.... and who cannot spare five minutes from their busy schedule? I laughed... I cried... then I needed a beer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ahab said:

  I agree... the article did a good job at "summing up the frustrations"... But it only touch the surface, didn't even scratch it.
  I also agree with your second point... well said.
   Your third point though... its not a mini novel... an essay perhaps. It only comes out to five pages apparently. It should not take you much longer than five minutes to read it.... and who cannot spare five minutes from their busy schedule? I laughed... I cried... then I needed a beer. 

I needed wipes.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posting again. 

Interesting article. Too bad it glosses over the adversarial relationships between the mods and the community. The arbitrary and capricious deleting of posts. The increase in bans. And even the name-calling exhibited towards certain members. 

There. It's still on topic.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deleting posts has become a problem.

6 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

Posting again. 

Interesting article. Too bad it glosses over the adversarial relationships between the mods and the community. The arbitrary and capricious deleting of posts. The increase in bans and even the name-calling exhibited towards certain members. 

There. It's still on topic.

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bigblue2581 said:

Deleting posts has become a problem.

More like an epidemic. There have been over a dozen posts deleted from this thread alone. 

The author of the article mentions the frustration (like the "SOON (tm)" running gag), but glosses over the adversarialism that has been escalating recently.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a great article, and a very accurate one at that. It's sad to go back to when it all started with the Kickstarter, and go through the game's rough history up until this point. I have to admit that I have stopped playing the game. I may come back to it if I ever REALLY get the craving to play it again, but it's just too depressing to go back to for me. As a matter of fact, after we got the lawsuit news about a month ago, I stopped playing for the entire month, so I uninstalled the game. A week ago, I got the craving to go back to the game, so I reinstalled it to check out the newest update, only to be seriously disappointed. My experience with the game that day was a game full of trolls and bugs galore. That was the nail in the coffin for me, at least for the foreseeable future. To me it seems like the game is now just an empty shell of it's former self. There was a time when this game was actually fun and engaging. It was exciting to see those brutal kills, to be  chased by Jason, to kill Jason, to work together as a team to escape, or get 8/8 kills as Jason. People may still play the game, but it feels like a ghost town, a town that back in it's hey day was a great place to be, but no longer. It seems most of the serious F13 fans are long gone, and all that's left are the trolls and bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I really don't give a crap about Kotaku.  They bitch about everything anyways... 

Kataku is like the CNN of video game websites.. Meaning its run by idiots for idiots

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, undrtkr said:

No one is playing on Steam because party creation has been broken since the June 8th patch. Most people that play this game don't lone wolf it because the fun is in the friends you play with. I haven't touched QP since that patch and won't until they fix this if they ever do.

People aren't playing on Steam's quickplay due to the fact that being Jason is no longer a power trip as intended.

14 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

 I really don't give a crap about Kotaku.  They bitch about everything anyways... 

Kataku is like the CNN of video game websites.. Meaning its run by idiots for idiots

 

Kotaku is indeed trash.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

People aren't playing on Steam's quickplay due to the fact that being Jason is no longer a power trip as intended.

Kotaku is indeed trash.

Trash or not, they nailed it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

People aren't playing on Steam's quickplay due to the fact that being Jason is no longer a power trip as intended.

While I agree with this quite a few of my friends would have played it tonight if it wasn't broken. Unfortunately there is maybe 5 max at a time online due to our schedules so private is out of the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...