Alien_Number_Six

The Interaction Lock. (Post your lock ups here. Include Councilor, Perks, Map and what you were doing at the time and where)

has been happening to me ever since the beginning of the game. dont think the devs are gonna fix it anytime soon, but i think it doesnt matter what character you have or what you do, it just happens for no reason in the worst times. i also often have it happen that i spawn with my camera randomly fixed in some spot after the intro and the only thing that makes the camera go behind my characters back is when im grabbed or slashed by jason. another bug that happens to frequently to be overlooked to me, ever since i started this game like a year ago. 

• Like 1

I have interaction lock in every single game I play.  It's a simple fix, just press the swing button to fix it, but in no doubt that it is a very frustrating and can still fuck you up when it happens at the wrong moment.

Forgot to mention a few times recently I was at a repair objective and stepped in a trap while attempting the repair. After tanking the trap I couldn't interact with the repair objective, but could with everything else.

I had it happen several times over the past few days, in the last match played I got grabbed by Jason, broke free with a pocket match and could no longer pick up weapons or enter windows and doors. Very frustrating when you repaired several objectives and having what could be a solid chance of surviving. 

On 8/4/2018 at 12:54 AM, GeneiJin said:

I have interaction lock in every single game I play.  It's a simple fix, just press the swing button to fix it, but in no doubt that it is a very frustrating and can still fuck you up when it happens at the wrong moment.

I've tried the swing weapon button before, it didn't work. (Unless you are referring to something else.) one match all I could do was fight and dodge until Jason killed me.

• Like 1

While my first post here , i found out that someone , somewhere around this forum was saying something about R2 while glitched, which works 100% BUT if this glitch happens after using a flare gun, you wont be able to fix it unless you are lucky to escape Jason's grab (it happened to me 3 times and got it usually when shooting awkwardly low jason between his legs :D , and the weird thing was that the weapon was dropped and i could get into combat stance and able to sort of "hit" with an invisible weapon which didn't had any effect, and could only dodge or run )

Every since i learned how to fix it easily by R2 this game got a lot sweeter to me ^^

1 hour ago, DeadDuck said:

While my first post here , i found out that someone , somewhere around this forum was saying something about R2 while glitched, which works 100% BUT if this glitch happens after using a flare gun, you wont be able to fix it unless you are lucky to escape Jason's grab (it happened to me 3 times and got it usually when shooting awkwardly low jason between his legs :D , and the weird thing was that the weapon was dropped and i could get into combat stance and able to sort of "hit" with an invisible weapon which didn't had any effect, and could only dodge or run )

Every since i learned how to fix it easily by R2 this game got a lot sweeter to me ^^

Anytime I get the interaction lock it turns into a guessing game of which (if any) button pressing combination is going to fix it.  I've had many times where R2 didn't work to correct it for me, although it may have been due to me carrying a car part at the time.  In a recent game I found a battery in a cabin, but the lock happened after I picked it up.  I was trying every button but couldn't open windows or unbar the doors, drop the battery, etc.. I was stuck in the cabin until Jason broke the door down.  I'll pay closer attention next time it happens & see if R2 works.  

I still get it every game as Jason, & usually while trying to use combat stance to deal with Jason fighters.    Now that I think about it, it usually happens after I block an attack & try to swing back (but R2 doesn't work).  Someone said use R1 for when it happens to Jason, but I have to waste a shift or morph to fix it when it happens to me.  Stalk & sense don't fix it.  Any other suggestions are welcome.

Maybe its just me, but anytime im interaction locked, its always when im in some mid animation trying to open a door and my internet gets disrupted at the same time, spiking 999ms with the connection error icon on screen.  It happened to me once while trying to kill someone, but I went into the water and it went away.  

Every game when I hit Jason the x button doesn’t work until death. What a Great game. Been out for years and still shit 

@Duffy123, I have moved your post to an existing conversation about interaction lock. In the future, please use the search function before creating a new discussion topic.

The only time it happened to me was way back when Randy used to stream. I was "lucky" enough to be a part of the shenanigans and got picked as Jason. Got locked, and couldn't do anything but follow people around. When I told Randy, he seemed less than concerned, which we all know became par for the course.

PS4

Councilor: Victoria 

Map: Higgins Haven small.

Could not swing my Machete during a fight for the four seater. I dropped my blade and picked it up again. This solved the lock.

Councilor: Jenny

Map: Higgins Haven 

After putting in the gas into the four seater at evergreen camp Jenny got stuck next to the car I jammed the crouch button and it solved the lock.

Today

Councilor: AJ

Map: Packanack 

I went to lock a door at the same time Jason struck it with an Axe. I was locked out of doing anything but run. I tried to solved it by jumping into Crystal Lake. But alas it didn't fix it.

On 7/21/2018 at 12:51 PM, The Wolf with that Toast said:

It happened to me as often as car-rubberbanding.

Never.

Car rubber banding is still a problem. I had it happen to me last night. In another instance, I was stuck to the yellow car after putting the gas in. I had to spam crouch to get unstuck. I'm sure they will get fixed in the next update, or excuse me, they will get patched. The devs will probably code around the problems by disabling the car or removing it altogether.

When Im driving and car is stopped, I do quick exit and am in a sitting position still. The animation will immediately switch to me running and at this point my use of weapon will be disabled. Climbing through window will fix, and some have said dropping weapon and picking back up will also.

I always play as Debora Kim (not sure about my spelling) and it almost seems to happen rarely but mostly on Higgins Haven in general. I run the perk that gives a radio, another giving a map, and I used to run one for more hits from a weapon. I have no idea how I get into it but I get out by spamming both the attack and crouch.

This actually happened to a friend of mine who was playing Jason, but i was the one who caused the glitch to happen.

Councilor: Tiffany
Perks: Evasion, Heavy Mover,  Home Body
Map: Higgins Haven
Lock happened to the Jason after i ran past him and threw firecrackers. He was only able to move forward by swinging his axe and was only fixed after i shot him with a shotgun. 

•  

I've recently gone back to playing this game after a hiatus, and I was unlucky enough to have this bug on my first match after playing as normal for ten minutes.

Got called a troglodyte by an angry player who though I was doing nothing to help him when Jason grabbed him.

At least I had a laugh when I was called a caveman.