Sign in to follow this  
Brevator

Enjoy the Salt Mines, Amigos

Everyone has a story, here's mine...

Got into a lobby with a few noobs and a couple of Level 150s, including the host. Started as Jason Part VIII on Pinehurst, almost immediately the entire lobby quits except for the host and two others, also Level 150s. Two of them were Vanessa (one with a Wonder Woman outfit) and the other was Shelly, so you can probably guess that they were trolls...

Anyway, Vanessa #1 tried to play the window game with me until I slowed her down with two knife throws, then she tried to usurp my kill points by repeatedly climbing through a broken window. A third knife ended that little minigame.

Vanessa #2 (AKA Wonder Vanessa) set a trap for me to step into when I turned the handle and opened the door, but she was in a one-door cabin with no side windows. She was cornered. She ran behind a couch so I couldn't directly reach her, so I stood and watched her for a second, to get inside her head. She began taunting me by running in quick circles, thinking she was too fast for my throwing knives. I love when they do that.

It really caught her off guard when I hit her without aiming.

I knew she didn't have any medspray because I could sense panic in her as she threw down a handful of firecrackers and ran for the door. If only she hadn't arrogantly tried to shut it on me behind her as I slashed her in the arm... She went limp and cried in terror. She tried to swing on me with her baseball bat but hit the frame of the door instead, *thunk!* I grabbed her by the throat and...

ERROR: You were kicked! Host has left the game!

I went to message him to tell him what a salty little so-and-so he was, and couldn't locate his profile...he blocked me on PS4. 

So if you're reading this right now, good game, sweet cheeks. Maybe you'd like some pepper with your salt.

And remember, frustrated Jasons of Crystal Lake, nothing makes a troll piss their panties faster than a sudden knife throw...

• Like 3

Just today I load into a full lobby of pretty mid tier level counselors as Part VII on Jarvis (with his trusty wood axe). Trap the phone, check. Trap the car, check.

Mitch decided to stick around the car so I went after him. After a brief chase through a few cabins I finally caught him with a nice shift grab and...

You guessed it.

Error: You were kicked: Host has left the game.

Bravo. You ruined the game for everyone you salty bitch. Classic.

• Haha 2

What really gets me is how they don't even wait around to come back as Tommy. So obviously it's not just that they were grabbed, it's that they think they're so special that they should never be grabbed by anyone ever.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brevator said:

I knew she didn't have any medspray because I could sense panic in her as she threw down a handful of firecrackers and ran for the door.

This is why I like to save and set a trap at the door before I break it down, because they will rush out without looking first and get caught/injured.

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

This is why I like to save and set a trap at the door before I break it down, because they will rush out without looking first and get caught/injured.

Using your traps on anything other than objective control is a bad strategy imo. Maybe if you’re Part 2 it’s acceptable. Maybe. But I wouldn’t.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

Using your traps on anything other than objective control is a bad strategy imo. Maybe if you’re Part 2 it’s acceptable. Maybe. But I wouldn’t.

It works, try it on the one window cabins.

3 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

It can be depending on the map and the layout.

But really what good are low trap Jason's traps when the second he morphs they get tanked anyway?

7 minutes ago, malloymk said:

It can be depending on the map and the layout.

But really what good are low trap Jason's traps when the second he morphs they get tanked anyway?

Knowing that objective is being worked on.   Notification tool.

Traps are crucial tools for Jason defending his objectives and most counselors pay attention if you place them around outside a house. 

Once had a Part 4 use all 3 of his traps around the house I was at and I got away pretty easily. 

1 hour ago, ZillaMeister said:

Depends on who's playing and it depends on which Jason I am. Normally, I'm part 8, and 5 traps is more than enough.  Usually it's one trap per objective, (I don't to lock completly lock down objectives at start. It annoying as a councelor because people in QP stop trying).

This way you can retrap the car after you stop it. Also,  it makes it much easier to deal with Chad and Vanessa bullies. If you set a trap at door often you're gonna catch one of them after they stun you. 

Also if someone goes for the sweater and you're on a map has a choke point at a broken fence you can stop them there.

Traps are one of the most useful tools Jason has for dealing with groups or those annoying high stamina Counselors. I find it’s better to place them where I would run if I was the Counselor. 

1 hour ago, ZillaMeister said:

I depends... if I am on Packanak I always trap the steps at both sides of the lodge...

I always get someone on them sometimes the same person and they die.

I always use 4 traps for objectives and a spare for retrapping or if the last person is left alive I might use it to try and catch them.

For 3 trap Jason's I do one for each objective. If they get tanked I make them priority morph spots.

With Part 2 I use the same strategy as a normal Jason except I have 3 extra traps instead of 1.

Well with the spectator bug in play and no obvious hotfix yet. I think its only a matter of time before we all end up in the salt mines, especially if it counts towards people who load up as spectator immediately.

If im one of the two players that load in when that happens, I just let Jason kill me if he's close or I suicide to end the match.

Its also obvious when the random character bug occurs on match start, because most of the time I load in as Shelly when it happens and it takes longer to load in by comparison because it doesn't remember who you picked, even when you go random.

In terms of the original post. This is why Packanack Small seems to be played by half the playerbase I feel. Counselors hold each others hands, Jason has less knives to work with here. His only real advantages are good destruction or weapon strength Jasons who don't let themselves get mobbed up so easily or cornered by bullies/hunters.

Oh man, sit back for the harrowing tale of Jason v. TWO WHOLE COUNSELORS.

• Haha 1

My old strategy for trapping was one for the shack, two for the phone box, and one for each of the cars. But nowadays I don’t bother with trapping, I simply morph right as the game starts and begin killing as quickly as possible. I find going after high-level counselors first becomes the best strategy. If an objective is repaired, I morph over to it, try to stop it, and then place a trap.

I had yesterday a match with 4 150 Vanessa...…..I don´t know how...but I all killed them easily with Shift slashing out of nowhere…..that one Vanessa even became Tommy......made a huge mistake because he went into that Cabin where you have to jump out the window….I had to traps left……..because I only trapped the phone once because I knew their plan......

And then I beat it..... My actual reaction :

u4h5xVh.jpg

…..My heart started to beat extremely hard and fast after I´ve beaten the match…...so no pressure anymore…...I am free.

And I predicted that I became Jason.

AND! Oh Boy , another good Story.

There was one stupid asshole chad (Level 150) playing loud and fucking horrible Music......

I just got the car….so why not run over him? I followed him…..but then he went in a window and danced like a fucktard just on the other side….

Guess what happened? I drove into the cabin and he died…..My friend and I laughed our asses off!

But...…..That motherfucker became of Course Tommy and just fucked around the whole match and juking and trolling…...Fucking asshole , He could have gone to the Police but no…..He had to troll a beginner Jason.

3 hours ago, SDA said:

Oh man, sit back for the harrowing tale of Jason v. TWO WHOLE COUNSELORS.

If you were reading, there were actually 3. I just didn't get to kill the 3rd one.

• Haha 1

I don't even bother to save the host for last anymore. If you get killed sucks for you. I had a host literally run right in front of me yesterday. In the open, in front of Packanack. I grabbed her and killed her. She quit. But it is what it is. I refuse to give these shitty hosts a pass. I've noticed since the salt mines a lot less hosts are quitting.

Lately I've been running across situations where the host quits at the very last second. I find it kind of odd but I've played multiple times as Tommy and the Jason player can't catch me so they eventually leave. Seems to be more common with the Jasons that can't run. Whatever, really.

I'm actually making a kinda-sorta mini-series called "Whiny Little Bitch", that does nothing but showcase and expose hosts who quit after being killed by Jason. I stick the footage on YouTube and call them out on it publically,  including their PSN name in the video description.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I'm actually making a kinda-sorta mini-series called "Whiny Little Bitch", that does nothing but showcase and expose hosts who quit after being killed by Jason. I stick the footage on YouTube and call them out on it publically,  including their PSN name in the video description.

You should include hosts who quit while being killed AS Jason too.

I have videos...

I was in the salt mines for a while. It sucked. So many hosts/Jasons leaving obviously not realising they were in the mines already. I learnt my lesson real quick that I don't wanna go back there

• Like 1

I've noticed people still quitting at a pretty big clip. Whether they don't want to be Jason (protip: preference counselor to save others from going back to lobby) or their counselor buddies who just want to try to kill Jason and if one of them dies, the other quickly leaves too. I had that just the other night, I quickly smoked one of them before they could get all the pocketknife hoarding done and the other quit fast quick in front of me. Both weren't Vanessa though, but at this point most Vanessas aren't anything other than the type of player I described.

With the spectator bug on top of this, it makes you wonder if the mines are working and/or if they are, there must be a big number in them.