Sign in to follow this  
jrich300

Lawyer stated Lawsuit will not affect game content

I'll just put a link to the article for everyone here to read.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/340409-friday-13th-lawsuit-wont-affect-game-lawyer-says-exclusive

So basically this is a statement from a lawyer july last year clearly stating that the lawsuit will not affect the companies ability to develop the game.

So in my opinion, the developers pulled the plug as the cash is drying up(sales are down).  So basically the the lawsuit is an excuse to bail on the game.

How long would it take to add the grendal map and uber jason, prob not much longer few months at most.   Also they couldn't edit it out in the unlikely event the lawsuit

did in some unforseen way impact the new content, I don't buy that.  

I just know we paid for them to make a game for us, and I think the money they received in my opinion is more than enough to make up for the costs of throwing in some already in progress stuff like uber jason and the grendal map.  You just have the version of the game as it is today and then a seperate version in with the new content. 

Of course the developers can't really argue it will cost them money, as we already paid them to do all this stuff by buying the game so they would be adding this stuff for free anyway.  Its not as hard as the developers make it seem to be.   They can do it, thye can add the new content they already have worked on and are part way finished with.

THe developers are simply giving up, the work i use would be quiters.  Someone explain to me how this logic is wrong, I don't see it.

The article is a year old. Things change. Search the forum, there were several discussions covering this topic. The lawsuit changed to the point it also covered the game as well.

Well before this gets locked I'll make a couple of counter points. Firstly the law is not always rigidly set in stone. That's why judges are there to make rulings because different people interpret things differently. The lawyer might have thought that was the case and a judge disagreed. Secondly why would they dump out of content before rolling out Uber and Grendal? Why would they want to deal with that backlash if they didn't have to? I think it far more likely the news was sudden. I remember right after the May update people were asking if there would be more Single Player Challenges, and Gun saying they'd have to see how the first ones went over. They implied they wanted to and even planned to do more. Why would you do that if you know content is over? I think they knew about the date but weren't sure how or if it would effect the game until it was too late.

• Like 1