Sign in to follow this  
TinTin_57

How do Jason’s immediately resist the sweater?

Seen this a few times and wondered how they do it. Are they pressing block (L1 on PS4 I think) as the sweater is used? 

macros

Some of the time a Jason loses his mask without taking heavy damage, and the resist bar is already half full when you pop the sweater.

Or yeah, cheats; I remember one kid specifically saying that since the rigged controller could activate the button so much faster than he could, that it wasn't cheating to use it. We laughed, and laughed...

in essence, if you've spent the round watching a trash Jason who suddenly is better at resisting than anyone you've seen once the sweater is in play, they're probably cheating.

I saw @Zaneygrrl tap out of it super quick one time.

Sometimes its a matter of a person hitting to early with a weak item or that small chance a bat doesn't stun him down.

There was a time sweater was activated, but I was still able to run. I thought it didnt work, so I grabbed one of the counselors. Someone saved them, I dropped to knees and was killed. Was really weird that it was still in effect but I had full control and wasn't stunned.

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

There was a time sweater was activated, but I was still able to run. I thought it didnt work, so I grabbed one of the counselors. Someone saved them, I dropped to knees and was killed. Was really weird that it was still in effect but I had full control and wasn't stunned.

ive seen this a few times. usually as long as tommy is the first one to hit jason the stun still works and jason drops.

2 minutes ago, sfosterjr said:

ive seen this a few times. usually as long as tommy is the first one to hit jason the stun still works and jason drops.

Yeah, I noted for future if ever happens again, shift away and come back and reek havoc after expires. I remember the tommy yelling at the sweater girl to like how the F did you screw that up! then they got the kill and he was like oh never mind.. lol. I was just like well fuck me.. gg.. hehe

It's so funny to see angry ass Tommys act like its their way or the highway. I played a match yesterday where there were a group of Jason hunters. I was the host and we killed Jason one match. Then I was Jason the next match and I noticed one of them kept suiciding to come back as Tommy. So anyway Tommy comes back. They get the sweater. I managed to kill Tommy before my mask was off and cleared the rest of the lobby except for an AJ who was on the outskirts of the map avoiding my sense lol I almost killed her with 2 minutes left but she had a pocket knife and time ran out.

Anyway the next match comes and I notice again the same person killed themselves but this time they didn't come back as Tommy so they died for no reason. And the Tommy escaped on the boat and had no interest killing Jason.

Oops I rambled and got off topic. I've seen a few Jasons spam the fuck out of the resist button. It's funny when the Jasons have mics and you can hear them tapping like crazy. And it's worked for a few of them. Just have to be quick.

It does seem to be pretty inconsistent. Last night my friend lost his mask I hit him after the sweater stun and he was out. He tried to shift away and the sweater pulled him out so maybe that had something to do with it? 

Don’t try to do when he’s wailing on a power box or the phone either, saved my bacon as Jason yesterday by going at the phone box which they had just fixed and just wailing on x till they failed, to them it looked like Jason didn’t even get stunned. Granted this isn’t an option for protecting yourself as how often are you going to goad a sweater girl into fixing the phone box because you know your mask is about to come off and Tommy is a bloody health spray salesman.  

The hunter team was interesting a Debra with the sweater, Tommy with at least two health sprays and medic/thick skin, two Vanessa’s with I think encrease stun perks. I spent a lot of time stunned that match but I didn’t seem to be taking as much damage as I should have, so I assume they were doing less damage. 

It was an exciting interaction, I hope to recreate in the future. The hunters accepted my friend request so hopefully they’ll get a second shot at killing part four in the future. The way I see it I’d rather know their in the match, and well organized. That way I can practice against a good team, and weak or spontaneous teams won’t be much of a threat. This group seem layed back so it should go better than the last group I tried this with. I got a surprise for next time, I was running machete with slow kills, going to give the fire axe and some fast kills a try. See how they like a brutally efficient Jason. 

I assumed it was a glitch. I've seen a couple Jasons morph out of range as soon as the sweater dialogue begins.

I've had people breakout before the sweater animation is even finished before. I just assumed macros or turbo controllers. But seems like a poor implementation if Jason can breakout while you are still stuck in an unbreakable animation. 

• Thanks 1

The only time I have ever come close to being killed, I stood up from being knocked down as Part 9. I immediately tried to shift away, and they somehow stunned me while I was in shift, but they couldn't actually hit me or anything, and I was able to resist. It was really odd.