Sign in to follow this  
jdl1201

Am I the only one who always glitches when I am chosen as Jason?

Over the last two days every time I am Jason the game glitches and can't make it to the actual game.   I can tell I'm Jason because the corners of my screen are red but everything else is black.   This has happened over the last several days.  The games that do start end very quickly with me not being able to use any buttons and then the game aborts.  Then when I back out I can't get back into a game lobby.  I am not sure if I am being sent to the salt mines or what.   Am I the only one having this problem?    The last patch seems to have really messed the game up for me.    FWIW I play on XBOX.

Haven't seen this happen before. Guess it's part of the new patch.

@ShiftySamurai can you maybe help him?if you were in the mines it would say that you are in a low priority queue. Have you tried to download and reinstall the game? Have you reported the bug?

Where does it say "low priority queue"?    I was only guessing about the "mines" because I quit the game, after about 5 min, and restarted it.   I've uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 times over the week.      If I turn the game off and come back about an hour later everything works as normal, meaning I'm able to get into a game.     There are many post on here about being put into a lobby by yourself and not being able to find a game.  

16 hours ago, jdl1201 said:

Over the last two days every time I am Jason the game glitches and can't make it to the actual game.   I can tell I'm Jason because the corners of my screen are red but everything else is black.   This has happened over the last several days.  The games that do start end very quickly with me not being able to use any buttons and then the game aborts.  Then when I back out I can't get back into a game lobby.  I am not sure if I am being sent to the salt mines or what.   Am I the only one having this problem?    The last patch seems to have really messed the game up for me.    FWIW I play on XBOX.

Does this also happen if you host or join a private match?

I tend to roll random counselor/Jason just because there is no point in picking anymore. You either get a different counselor or a mangled looking Jason/Retro looking Jason that's not Retro followed by Savini for the outro.

The game still decides to load the wrong characters at random whenever you pick one.

This has been an issue since the engine update rolled out over a month ago. I suspect they broke it when they decided to load in the bloody skins/swapped weapons on intros.

Combine that with the spectator bug on match start and that's where things are.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Cant sDoes this also happen if you host or join a private match? 

I have noticed.   I will keep an eye on from now on.   It is just every time I spawn as Jason the match crashes.    Everything has happened from the game freezing, staying black, in Jasons cabin, to the first time I grab a counselor I'm stuck in grab animation and of course the always fun loss of connection.   I have taken it off random and just play counselor for the last day and its fine.