The end of all future content for Friday The 13th: The Game was a hard blow for all of us. The official statement from Gun Media, released to the press on June 11th, revealed that the lawsuit had in fact affected the game, forcing the developers to cancel all future content; forever. This news immediately put the game in a state of limbo, with the majority of the player base believing this to be the final nail in the coffin. I disagreed with them at the time. I don’t anymore. While the developers also stated that they would continue to the game bug fixed and maintenance updates, as well as keep their online servers alive, most players speculated that the end  of the game’s patches and servers would arrive in th next few months. This is not good for any of us. The truth is: once those servers die, the game will almost immediately follow suit, leaving those of us who are still loyal to the game with nothing but memories. I do not want this to happen. But it’s going to at some point. Which is why the developers need to introduce local matches. I’ve been working with this idea for a while now, and I feel like it would work well if implemented. Allow me to explain:

1. The Local Match option will replace both the Online and Private Match options in the main menu. The Offline Bots mode will be merged as well. Clicking on this option will immediately send players into individual lobbies, where they will function as the host of the lobby.

2. All of the unlockable Jason Voorhees variations, camp counselors, grab kills, slasher weapons, perks, skins, and emotes will be available in this game mode. However: backer, physical copy, and purchasable content will remain locked (unless previously obtained).

3. The hosts are allowed to select the map, adjust the rain settings, and pick which player will be Jason. Other players can be invited to their lobbies, and can play the game alongside them. This is similar to a private match, however, there is one major difference.

4. The hosts are able to add and remove bots, allowing them to account for missing players in their lobbies. This will allow them to have full lobbies when playing with friends, or even when playing on their own. The bots can be selected to play as Jason, which means this will also serve as an offline counselor mode.

5. The bots can be customized in the same fashion of a normal player, allowing the host of the lobby to determine their level of difficulty, counselor and Jason selections, kills, weapons, perks, emotes, skins, and clothing. All other types of content that the host has paid for can be used as well.

With this option added to the game, players will have the opportunity to play it years after its servers have shut down, and will allow them to keep the ultimate Friday The 13th experience with them forever. Local Matches need to be added.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Well the leaked developer build had a LAN mode option and a sandbox option. Both of which should've been there early on.

I agree with this, especially the bit about bots being added to the multiplayer game.

Still weary about hosts though. Every Jason near death is just going to quit and derail it, same for the host counselor whose near death.

Too much power in one player's hands.

People just can't grasp the concept of "NO NEW CONTENT"....

17 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

As much as I want to add bots to QP or PM, I don’t think it will happen.

The developers have stated that this is a passion project. Allowing people to continue to use their creation after servers are down should be important to them. But you may be right.

16 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Well the leaked developer build had a LAN mode option and a sandbox option. Both of which should've been there early on.

I agree with this, especially the bit about bots being added to the multiplayer game.

Still weary about hosts though. Every Jason near death is just going to quit and derail it, same for the host counselor whose near death.

Too much power in one player's hands.

This game mode could be played alone, which means that “host-quitters” could be avoided. It can also be played with friends who I would hope would not quit on each other.

14 minutes ago, Truth said:

I have grasped the concept of no new content. This is simply a re-working of public and private matches.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Truth said:

On the plus side, someone years down the road may find this forum archived and take some of the ideas found here and make a new F13 game if the rights are available then.

1 minute ago, Hugh D Paul said:

I have grasped the concept of no new content. This is simply a re-working of public and private matches.

Don't get me wrong, this is how it should've been from the start. But this would be new content. We don't have Jason AI, that would be new. We don't have an online/offline mix (new content). Bots cannot be customized (new content).

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

Don't get me wrong, this is how it should've been from the start. But this would be new content. We don't have Jason AI, that would be new. We don't have an online/offline mix (new content). Bots cannot be customized (new content).

*sigh*

You’re probably right. But I would still like to put my ideas out there and hope for the best.

• Like 2

Just now, Hugh D Paul said:

*sigh*

You’re probably right. But I would still like to put my ideas out there and hope for the best.

Can't argue with that. I hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

On the plus side, someone years down the road may find this forum archived and take some of the ideas found here and make a new F13 game if the rights are available then.

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

No sarcasm intended. I'm just considering the future.

I ignored it because I wasn't sure lol

1 hour ago, Hugh D Paul said:

*sigh*

Just keep on making suggestions, it doesn’t hurt anything to be hopeful. 

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

We need a LAN mode and offline saved profiles, I don't want to lose my Savini Jason and paid content.

Yes. We really do.

58 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Just keep on making suggestions, it doesn’t hurt anything to be hopeful. 

I will. I’ve lost a lot of hope for this game but I haven’t given up yet.

• Like 1

I'd love to play a private match with friends and bots involved, and one of us real players must play as Jason, of course.

I messaged Ron with this enquiry and his response:

Unfortunately not, sorry man. It's something we wanted to do all along, in addition to Jason offline A.I., but that ship has sailed unfortunately.