tyrant666

Perks you used to use right around launch and a bit after, then never bothered with again?

14 hours ago, BFizzle said:

Yes! I was Jenny every time I survived the night in the tent. She really is underrated.

Jenny's really good in the tent!  *wink wink, nudge nudge*

@GeneiJin Most of the battle Chads I run into are not even part of a kill squad. They are just doing it because they find it fun to bully Jason. I usually make short work of them and most times am still able to keep my mask... bats do not work well for demasking. It is a crude method of removing the mask, but for many it does work well for some. I have never known you to "need" to do this type of thing... you are far more subtle about it. Skill wins out in the end. Most Jason players that have not faced you will not be expecting what you are capable of.
    Your strategy of not going for the sweater until the mask is off is the most effective... particularly if you can group up with Tommy before you get to the shack... just in case. But as long as Jason has taken some damage... as long as you have Tommy with you, one or two more hits to get it off can work even better. Drawing him in when his mask is about to come off is how you got me last time... and will probably work on me again... I still have to fight it out.
    Last time some friends tried to kill me I went with the throwing knives from a distance tactic after I lost my mask... it really just made for a boring final 5-8 minutes. I should have just fought it out like I usually do... They deserved that kill and I robbed them of it with a feeble attempt to kill sweater girl from a distance... I was having shit luck with throwing knives that night anyway.

I often thank the battle Chads for the early rage mode... they rarely get a chance to tell anyone.
   Yup... I know they were using perks... I just could not verify it, as I did not ask. But with that many med sprays on a map in which they were "reduced", it would be even more ridiculous if they had not been reduced. This is why I do not see an issue with the "reduction"... most of the players I see tend to be using these perks anyway... even before the "reduction".
   It took me a while before I bothered with nerves of steel... It is too useful to not use it in my opinion. It is situational... your fear does not usually build to the point that you would loose the mini map unless Jason is nearby for a while or chasing you for some time... but these situations happen in pretty much every match... so, definitely worth using consistently. 
   I have played against teams that push all the objectives right from the start... it leads to some pretty short matches when both cars are moving before you get your first shift active... but all I can say to them is... "Holy crap! Good game!"... even though it has cost me six kills, that showed some serious skill at teamwork and should be applauded. I have also participated in games like this as a counselor... some Jason players are even saltier when this happens than when they are killed.

• Like 2

Grinder- I used it pretty heavily at the beginning because, well, it was the first perk I rolled and didn't have anything else.

Psychic - I think this was my second overall perk I rolled. Stopped using it about a month into gameplay.

Pyro - Flare gun perk if memory serves me right. Haven't used it in many months.

I would love to tinker around with all of the perks, but inventory space is limited, sadly. Perhaps someday...

• Like 1

On 7/12/2018 at 1:05 PM, Ahab said:

I have played against teams that push all the objectives right from the start... it leads to some pretty short matches when both cars are moving before you get your first shift active... but all I can say to them is... "Holy crap! Good game!"... even though it has cost me six kills, that showed some serious skill at teamwork and should be applauded. I have also participated in games like this as a counselor... some Jason players are even saltier when this happens than when they are killed.

Yea, a big weakness to the "Anti-Tommy Strategy" is that it can leave you exposed to actual escaper (such players exist? :blink:) lol.  I'm not really mad if they manage to get out, especially with a car.  They deserve it.  More upsetting was the game ending early glitch with counselors still left to kill during the previous hotfix.

4 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Yea, a big weakness to the "Anti-Tommy Strategy" is that it can leave you exposed to actual escaper (such players exist? :blink:) lol.  I'm not really mad if they manage to get out, especially with a car.  They deserve it.  More upsetting was the game ending early glitch with counselors still left to kill during the previous hotfix.

I pretty much always go for the escape... there are other players like that out there... somewhere. People have to ask me to help with killing Jason, I never initiate it. You don't have to ask for help though, I already know what you are up to... and I will always try to help out a friend. I just have to know what they need help with.

9 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Yea that’s the thing about the anti tommy stuff.... I don’t want others escaping ?

I think the very first perk i got was epic light foot and i literally put that on EVERYONE, even Buggzy :ph34r:
With light foot came escape artist, which btw i thought was the best thing ever to escape Jason... and the third perk i used was preparedness bc without the minimap i couldn't orient myself and i ended up in the middle of the woods with Jason right in my ass. :sadchappa:

2 hours ago, woundcowboy said:

Yea that’s the thing about the anti tommy stuff.... I don’t want others escaping ?

Ether leave the objectives slightly less guarded or deal with Tommy + Sweater, which will leave Jason unable to prevent escapes without risk of death.  Remaining "invincible" should be every Jason's first priority, so he can effectively control the entirety of the game.

9 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Ether leave the objectives slightly less guarded or deal with Tommy + Sweater, which will leave Jason unable to prevent escapes without risk of death.  Remaining "invincible" should be every Jason's first priority, so he can effectively control the entirety of the game.

yea i usually take the risk though. It's relatively easy to prevent death if you sell out for it, but it lets people go.

33 minutes ago, woundcowboy said:

yea i usually take the risk though. It's relatively easy to prevent death if you sell out for it, but it lets people go.

If "sell out" you mean by running away or becoming one with the fishes, I refuse to play that way (or lack of playing).  As you know I attempt Killing Jason virtually every game, it would be extremely hypocritical of me to lame out the game.  If I find myself in that dire situation, I won't be dumb, but I will try something to get them to waste the sweater or take advantage of gaps of coordination.  So far, I've only been killed once since I've started Jason Pref, and it was against my own Kill-squad on a PM.  I was AFK for the first min, so natually Tommy was called.  After a battle at the shack, I got them down to just Tommy and Sweater, I was going to lure them into a battle inside a large cabin, but then the 2 min warning came.  I wasn't going to lame it out, so I decided to gamble if the sweater had a PK or not.  I shift grabbed her, she had a PK, then I died before I was able to morph out,  GG to them :D.

To be fair to you, that one game on QP I almost got you (damn axe broke on the kneel stun, lol) you did slug it out, didn't run away, leaving yourself exposed to the kill.  Whether I Jason-kill you or not, I always respect that play and the Jason.  It's those that quickly hide in the lake as soon as they lose control of the situation, protecting their weak ego, are those who I lack respect towards.