TheHansonGoons

Issues with Slash N Cast

I quit watching these guys a while ago because I felt they were entirely too focused on this game, almost using it as their cash cow in a sense.

I watched their recent podcast where they address the community and felt I had to start this thread.

1) correct me if I am wrong, Microsoft provided free dedicated servers before version 4.14 was even around. See 2013. So how have the requirements changed so drastically that made this system upgrade absolutely necessary? On top of that, you are believing the playerbase for this and the game itself is more than a Call of Duty(which runs on dedicated servers on Xbox)? Make sure you have researched and understood requirements and not just taken someone's word for it.

Not to mention we still dont have the servers! We have heard they were coming for nearly a year now. Then a few months back it became "had to upgrade". Correct me if I am wrong again as my memory is fuzzy, but didn't Ben say they had an outside company working on it? How are they still paying for that? Coincidental that time and some other events line up with emphasizing no new content, and pushing upgrade, and the date NHA director said F13 Killer Puzzle found out their deadline. When too many things fall into place that even simple folk put together, there is usually a reason.

2) They definitely called us, the community, toxic. So as a consumer, I am supposed to accept a company that has unfulfilled backer promises, steelbooks that had stickers and lack of original art, Savini jason scandals left and right, and now the deadline question.

Why should we not be upset or why should we be like "oh hey, that game that has been buggy for a year and has had entirely too many issues, and too much shadiness happening behind the scenes, we should give them yet another chance"? I appreciate they have a good relationship with the devs, but seriously, what do they want? Us to continue hum drum conversations about balance when console players barely finish QP games? Act like shit is cool? Sorry, but sometimes plethora of shit culminates and you have a mountain. That's where this game is. That's how most of the community feels about Gun and Illfonic. Sorry. GUN is lazy on their end and illfonic was inefficient for the job. Sorry. Hope that doesn't get edited out. Had Gun not been lazy, the LR release would have gone off much smoother, Skype interviews would be done, questions would have been answered in a timely fashion. etc. If they didnt have so much to hide, they would have remained transparent.

3) as soon as the lawsuit deadline was presented, the ethical thing to do is notify your community. They continued sales of a game they knew would be incomplete and broken, not to mention has limited life in it. A dramatic comparison would be selling a puppy with Parvo. Get attached to it and love it, then realize its life is limited and almost over.

4)bringing up the salt mines, which hasnt had much effect on the quitters, yet people I play with that still have dashboard errors from memory leaks,  or other connection issues end up falling into the low tier due to circumstances created by the game - literally something the community forecasted.

5) Hey Nick and Riley, Gun ever mention EDITED in any interviews to you? Probably not as they continue to cover that whole shebang up. Ben knows. Dan knows. Randy knows. What was ever done about it? 

6) a lot of recent negativity and outbursts stems from reddit, forum posts being removed or edited against the poster's will, manipulating it to serve what they want to be said. Most of the thread with Mr. DiSanti was posts about censorship and no one really attacked him, yet he called us toxic and said he was met with vitriol. I guess people expressing their honest criticisms is being "entitled" and "toxic". 

I think its great you acknowledged Illfonic was in over their head with this title, but wasnt Gun as well? Who knows how project planning went for this and how much Illfonic was rushed due to poor project planning. Besides, name 1 solid game from either company before this. You can't. Both companies had some of the worst reviewed games and failed projects under their belts.

Most of us knew the French official Facebook was not official, nor did we ever read it(face it, most of us couldn't), so it probably isnt so critical to attack that site. Besides, anyone can go into the game assets and downloading the IdE run it independently and find out what is what.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I quit watching these guys a while ago because I felt they were entirely too focused on this game, almost using it as their cash cow in a sense.

I watched their recent podcast where they address the community and felt I had to start this thread.

That was very well written. Nicely done.

Right, I've read through this and here's the problems.

First, if you have issues with what some of the people from Slash 'n' Cast have said, then please speak to them directly about it. Posting all about it here is essentially airing dirty laundry in public; we don't need to see it if it's a private concern between you and someone else.

Secondly, dedicated servers are still coming. I've got no idea what's happening with them, but if Gun says they're coming, they're coming. Got no idea whether it's an easy thing or a hard thing because I'm not a game coder or server hoster, but they've said the servers are coming. Just going to have to wait for more updates on that as they come.

Third, once again we're getting into this 'scandal' business and more defamation of Gun and IllFonic. People don't see the entire picture and have instead started piecing together puzzle pieces that look like they fit together, but probably don't. Until you get solid proof (and I mean literal proof, not someone's interpretation of events), what you're doing is essentially making things worse. If an official statement is not issued, then nobody has the rest of the jigsaw puzzle pieces. You've got a few, you don't have them all. It's not about hiding anything, it's about them keeping things classified that should remain classified. They can't share every little bit of information with you, especially on matters that are internal. A bank wouldn't tell you how much money is in it's vault.

I get all the frustration and the usual 'we want answers' type stuff, but our hands are tied. We can't make the developers or publishers share information if they don't want to, and people getting angry because they can't get their questions answered is going to just make our jobs as mods harder. We can't allow a thread like this to stay open for the reasons I just listed.

• Like 1