praxischu

How the hell do I get into the car on ps4?

I've clicked all the buttons, spammed x.. nothing works. Kind of an essential because escaping with a car is how you can win the game. Can anyone help?

Was the car wrecked, stuck, or anything happen to it?

Was it the interaction bug where things dont work? Did you try crouch, uncrouch and spinning in circles(i know, sounded like I was being a wise ass but in all honesty when I get stuck fixing objectives, this works to help free yourself)?

One game or reoccuring?

10 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Was it the interaction bug where things dont work? Did you try crouch, uncrouch and spinning in circles(i know, sounded like I was being a wise ass but in all honesty when I get stuck fixing objectives, this works to help free yourself)?

i use this "technique if i get stuck fixin the boat. well except for the spinning part. so it looks like im tea bagging the docks!

• Haha 1

Did you have the keys? Had it already been started? Were you trying to get in the rear doors of the yellow car? 

It's happened to me in all of my games today, I've both had the keys and haven't. Most of the time I was just trying to get into the rear doors of the blue car. 

20 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Was the car wrecked, stuck, or anything happen to it?

One game or reoccuring?

I could try that... although I'd probably get stabbed with an axe by the time I'm done haha.. although since I haven't been able to get in at all today I don't think that's it. It might be that I'm holding a weapon though. Do I have to drop my weapon before getting in a car?

20 minutes ago, praxischu said:

I could try that... although I'd probably get stabbed with an axe by the time I'm done haha.. although since I haven't been able to get in at all today I don't think that's it. It might be that I'm holding a weapon though. Do I have to drop my weapon before getting in a car?

No. You dont have to drop a weapon at all. Matter of fact you will want one in case Jason stops the car! 

Remember these things for the car:

1)battery AND gas have to be installed. Check your objective status screen to make sure those are in, and in the right car(blue car is 4 seater, 2 seater is yellow)

2) after those are installed, uou need thr keys. Only the driver holding the keys can enter at first.

3) once the car has been started, anyone should be able to get into any seat using the interaction button.

4) if all of those conditions have been met and nothing has stalled or destroyed the car, you should be able to get in and out freely. From there check if you are having issues interacting with any other objects. If so, try that spin trick to see if you get unstuck. Otherwise give it 5 minutes. Run if possible.

Try to save a video if you are having trouble beyond that. People here will help and offer advice. Good luck!

If the driver has started the car but steps out, doesn't that lock out other players from getting into passenger seats? I forget.

15 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

No. You dont have to drop a weapon at all. Matter of fact you will want one in case Jason stops the car! 

Remember these things for the car:

1)battery AND gas have to be installed. Check your objective status screen to make sure those are in, and in the right car(blue car is 4 seater, 2 seater is yellow)

2) after those are installed, uou need thr keys. Only the driver holding the keys can enter at first.

3) once the car has been started, anyone should be able to get into any seat using the interaction button.

4) if all of those conditions have been met and nothing has stalled or destroyed the car, you should be able to get in and out freely. From there check if you are having issues interacting with any other objects. If so, try that spin trick to see if you get unstuck. Otherwise give it 5 minutes. Run if possible.

Try to save a video if you are having trouble beyond that. People here will help and offer advice. Good luck!

I mean thank you, but it's kind of pointless then because most times i'll die if I wait that long. I'll try again later.

56 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

If the driver has started the car but steps out, doesn't that lock out other players from getting into passenger seats? I forget.

Nope. Once the car has been successfully started, all doors are open. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, praxischu said:

It's happened to me in all of my games today, I've both had the keys and haven't. Most of the time I was just trying to get into the rear doors of the blue car. 

I had one game where it wouldn't let me in the drivers seat. Only the passenger seat had interaction.