Sign in to follow this  
Adammakesbeats

So maybe just maybe...

Add a single player mode were Jason just circles the map, as you, the counselor,  has to avoid him and get on objectives!

Playing as a counselor is so fun, if this game dies we’ll never be able to to play as our boy Mitch ever again.

Even typing that out made me sad.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Adammakesbeats said:

I am not sure but I heard if they allowed local hosting on PC like it is on consoles now we would still be able to create lobbies to play the multiplayer part of the game....

I believe all they have on Guns servers now is our saves and the dedicated servers for pc..... so if both were local hosting and we got client side saves we would be able to host lobbies with friends to play as counselors...

but I could be wrong I am not the best go to for techy stuff.

6 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I am not sure but I heard if they allowed local hosting on PC like it is on consoles now we would still be able to create lobbies to play the multiplayer part of the game....

I believe all they have on Guns servers now is our saves and the dedicated servers for pc..... so if both were local hosting and we got client side saves we would be able to host lobbies with friends to play as counselors...

but I could be wrong I am not the best go to for techy stuff.

Even though I’m on Xbone it would still be cool if the game can be run by fans. It’s too good of a game (bugs and all) to die.

Well, if you read more than you spoke, you'd know the developers have noted nothing new is being added. What you have is what you get. Do you want to play as a counselor offline? Too bad. Do you want Skynet to send Jason X back from the future to spank you at your birthday party? That isn't happening either. 

9 minutes ago, Adammakesbeats said:

Even though I’m on Xbone it would still be cool if the game can be run by fans. It’s too good of a game (bugs and all) to die.

I agree... it’s been my favorite game for a year now and my go to stress relief every day.

2 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Well, if you read more than you spoke, you'd know the developers have noted nothing new is being added. What you have is what you get. Do you want to play as a counselor offline? Too bad. Do you want Skynet to send Jason X back from the future to spank you at your birthday party? That isn't happening either. 

Yes I know everything that you think I don’t know. Yes, they can’t really add anything else. Why are you being such a sanctimonious prick about it though? Wishful thinking on my part, yes, and that somehow counselors can still be played in some way makes me a fool? Nope, I just hope the other half of the game is still playable in some way shape or form.

8 minutes ago, Adammakesbeats said:

Yes I know everything that you think I don’t know. Yes, they can’t really add anything else. Why are you being such a sanctimonious prick about it though? Wishful thinking on my part, yes, and that somehow counselors can still be played in some way makes me a fool? Nope, I just hope the other half of the game is still playable in some way shape or form.

The community is going through a rough patch right now.....emotions are high after the no new content notification... and we are all wanted some type of update from Gun from the last patch and what the future may or may not hold ... don’t take it personally... just be warned don’t mention new content or conspiracy theories right now it’s like throwing gasoline on a fire!

31 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The community is going through a rough patch right now.....emotions are high after the no new content notification... and we are all wanted some type of update from Gun from the last patch and what the future may or may not hold ... don’t take it personally... just be warned don’t mention new content or conspiracy theories right now it’s like throwing gasoline on a fire!

You’re right, and by no means did I mean to talk about anything other than “no new content but will address bugs” that’s all. Maybe I should have worded my post a little better. All it was was wishful thinking on my part.

1 hour ago, Adammakesbeats said:

Why are you being such a sanctimonious prick about it though? 

You actually answered your own question. 

Yes I know everything that you think I don’t know. Yes, they can’t really add anything else. 

It's gotten old with people coming in and la-de-daing about all these additions they would like. It's doubly obnoxious if you know they can't do anything and you still complain.

I came into the thread hoping for some interesting conversation. I hoped for too much. 

• Like 1

I would've wanted to see an inverted version of offline bots where you play as a counselor and it's a bot Jason. I know they said it'd be harder to pull off an A.I Jason but it would still be fun for when the servers eventually go down and online is no longer supported

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

You actually answered your own question. 

It's gotten old with people coming in and la-de-daing about all these additions they would like. It's doubly obnoxious if you know they can't do anything and you still complain.

I came into the thread hoping for some interesting conversation. I hoped for too much. 

I was going to let it go but you are out of your mind. I understand they can’t add any new content. I get that, I understand that. 

Since all I see here is people complaining about everything, I thought I’d add something else even if just a pipe dream.

All I offered (and know it’s not happening) was what could be done about playing as counselor when the game eventually goes offline.

My problem with you is you got very insulting very fast, that is what bothered me.

Wow this negativity has got to come to an end eventually right? People aren’t allowed to post any type of idea with out members shiting all over them.....

relax post why you don’t think it will happen or the reason it won’t and move on 

there is no reason to be a shit head about it.

@Adammakesbeats 

likes being able to play as counselors and was looking to post on the forum with others who also like the same thing....

yes unfortunately this is new content and a Jason AI was something Illfonic was completely unable to realize..... no reason to shit all over a fellow member and fan....

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I was going to let it go but you are out of your mind. I understand they can’t add any new content. I get that, I understand that. 

Ok. So why make a thread with a title that isn't concise, meaning I had to enter the thread to know what was up. I had to waste my time reading it. That's obnoxious. Moreso when you know it's not gonna happen. 

Since all I see here is people complaining about everything, I thought I’d add something else even if just a pipe dream.

No harm here. Would have been nice knowing it was a thread I could have skipped over before reading the OP.

All I offered (and know it’s not happening) was what could be done about playing as counselor when the game eventually goes offline.

Even if the lawsuit wasn't in play Gun has said that they can't make a Jason worth a damn for single player.

My problem with you is you got very insulting very fast, that is what bothered me.

It's the internet. People are going to say less than nice things at times. If that bothers you, you'll need to spend your CP on an epic level Thick Skin perk.. 

• Sad 1

Add a single player mode were Jason just circles the map, as you, the counselor,  has to avoid him and get on objectives!

Playing as a counselor is so fun, if this game dies we’ll never be able to to play as our boy Mitch ever again.

A lot of people feel the same as you do.

21 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I'd be curious as to if this is an option or not for Gun/Illfonic to implement. Or would this also fall under new content?

21 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

With the increased hostility on the forums as of late, I keep a fire extinguisher nearby, just in case.

20 hours ago, Adammakesbeats said:

You’re right, and by no means did I mean to talk about anything other than “no new content but will address bugs” that’s all. Maybe I should have worded my post a little better. All it was was wishful thinking on my part.

You are free to post as you please. Some people are more harsh in their responses than others. Not all of us are like that though.

19 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

People are going to voice things they'd like to see, even if they can't be implemented. Likewise, people are gonna vent in frustration to posts that they don't wanna be bothered with. Consider it freedom of speech on both sides, as long as it is within the rules. As I mentioned in another thread, these ideas could be used by someone else down the road in another F13 game, if the rights ever become available again.

27 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Wow this negativity has got to come to an end eventually right? People aren’t allowed to post any type of idea with out members shiting all over them.

The negativity is at an all time high. People can be upset, we all get it. There are better ways for people to express themselves. Some of these posts are just trying to provoke a fight just for their own entertainment.

41 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

People are going to voice things they'd like to see, even if they can't be implemented. Likewise, people are gonna vent in frustration to posts that they don't wanna be bothered with. Consider it freedom of speech on both sides, as long as it is within the rules. As I mentioned in another thread, these ideas could be used by someone else down the road in another F13 game, if the rights ever become available again.

You know that has me wondering. How much of the game mechanics are Gun's IP? For example D&D has open content because I guess they can't copyright rules. I wonder how different an F13 game would after the lawsuit, assuming the license was taken up. 

6 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

You know that has me wondering. How much of the game mechanics are Gun's IP? For example D&D has open content because I guess they can't copyright rules. I wonder how different an F13 game would after the lawsuit, assuming the license was taken up. 

I've been wondering that as well. Maybe one day we'll find out.

44 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I've been wondering that as well. Maybe one day we'll find out.

Yeah. And that is even assuming that any possible game was desired to be anything like F13. 

I'd hope so because I like the way it's been done. DBD for example takes place in some demiplane, and I'm not a big fan of it. I really like how everything was done here.

9 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Yeah. And that is even assuming that any possible game was desired to be anything like F13. 

I'd hope so because I like the way it's been done. DBD for example takes place in some demiplane, and I'm not a big fan of it. I really like how everything was done here.

F13 could open the door to a fleet of similar games featuring the most desirable killers. I'd like to see that one day.

As far as DbD's demiplane, that's the perfect domain for necromancy. I happen to be a part time necromancer... 😎