1. GunMedia and Illfonic should just sell the rights to this game to a big gaming company, like Ubisoft or EA that way the bugs and server issues can be resolved.

Let the new owner who have the big guns/money fight the lawsuit.

2. The bugs that were just introduced this month need to be fixed ASAP otherwise I am thinking a class action lawsuit against GunMedia for making this game unplayable.

a. Removing health sprays if it is a bug or not should not have been done. 

b. Partying up with others is now broken can't invite friends most of the time to join game 

c. Games end up kicking everyone out except Jason or one player, happens quite a bit now

d. Jason can't be stunned hardly at all anymore which is bullcrap it should go back to the way it was (even with Epic Perks that help stunning)

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, murpdog47 said:

The lawsuit is out of the games/dev hands and nothing they can do about it even if they sold it to someone new they would still be in the same boat as Gun as they won't be able to get rights to the game till after the lawsuit is done. The only thing that could change is bugs/glitches might get fixed faster and better.

Yea but the bigger gaming companies have the lawyers and the money to get it resolved sooner.

They also have more people to fix the bugs and better testing software engineers to fix things faster.

ok im not sure if the devs came out and said they decreased the med spray spawn rate. from what i have encountered it seems as if they didnt change the amount but changed the locations of the sprays. im finding sprays in places ive never seen them before. and being able to jason alot come on! hes supposed to be a killing machine. yea its frustrating as a counselor but im all for making him what he supposed to be an unstoppable killing machine 

• Thanks 1

Yea Jason is suppose to kill but it so much easier to kill everyone now, I usually if not always get 8 out 8 unless some commits suicide or quits before I get the kill.

You need to be able to stun Jason like it use to be. As a good Jason you can counter by combat blocking or doing reverse then grab if your good at it.

Jason has already 4 special abilities to kill counselors so having the ability to fight back especially being able to stun a few minutes could allow you to escape.

The real easy way to kill Jason is if everyone gangs up on Jason and then have atleast 2-3 female counselors and one with a pocket knife grab the sweater when Tommy is back and the mask is almost or already off Jason.

bigger game companies can't fight for the rights to Friday the 13th it's between Victor and Sean and the rights are in limbo atm, until it gets sorted who get's what and who has the rights pretty much every thing is stopped or on hold as no one know's who has the rights to Friday the 13th. Once the lawsuit is over and we know who has the rights then a bigger company can go to who has them and get the rights to work on this game again or make a new one.

25 minutes ago, murpdog47 said:

Yea but the bigger gaming companies have the lawyers and the money to get it resolved sooner.

Why would an outside company that has nothing to do with the lawsuit be able to influence anything about it whatsoever? 

39 minutes ago, murpdog47 said:

1. GunMedia and Illfonic should just sell the rights to this game to a big gaming company, like Ubisoft or EA that way the bugs and server issues can be resolved.

I'm sure Ubisoft and EA are just chomping at the bits for this game. Also, Gun can't just sell a licensed property to a third party unilaterally. 

I think the only way some other company will get F13 game rights is if the company actually ends up buying Gun... 

i can see having only certain melee weapons stun jason. but im sorry a pipe wrench or a pan shouldnt do  jack squat except piss jason off! now the sacred branch thats a different story you can ask @The Tommy about that

• Thanks 1

after the way EA screwed up the Star Wars Battlefront series,i wouldn't want them to get their hands on this game.What they did to Battlefront 2 is unforgivable.

22 minutes ago, sfosterjr said:

i can see having only certain melee weapons stun jason. but im sorry a pipe wrench or a pan shouldnt do  jack squat except piss jason off! now the sacred branch thats a different story you can ask @The Tommy about that

I love in single player challenges during challenge number 7 strip poker you can see the sacred branch gleaming next to the Birch ridge sign in the opening.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, murpdog47 said:

Yea Jason is suppose to kill but it so much easier to kill everyone now, I usually if not always get 8 out 8 unless some commits suicide or quits before I get the kill.

You need to be able to stun Jason like it use to be. As a good Jason you can counter by combat blocking or doing reverse then grab if your good at it.

Jason has already 4 special abilities to kill counselors so having the ability to fight back especially being able to stun a few minutes could allow you to escape.

The real easy way to kill Jason is if everyone gangs up on Jason and then have atleast 2-3 female counselors and one with a pocket knife grab the sweater when Tommy is back and the mask is almost or already off Jason.

Escaping is a privilege not a right. Most games should end in 8/8.

Honestly, I haven't seen the issue with sprays. I got stunned just fine as Jason. And I had a Jason chasing me saying you are going to die. I replied I fully expect to. I was able to distract him enough for the car to get started though lol.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, murpdog47 said:

2. The bugs that were just introduced this month need to be fixed ASAP otherwise I am thinking a class action lawsuit against GunMedia for making this game unplayable.

a. Removing health sprays if it is a bug or not should not have been done. 

b. Partying up with others is now broken can't invite friends most of the time to join game 

c. Games end up kicking everyone out except Jason or one player, happens quite a bit now

d. Jason can't be stunned hardly at all anymore which is bullcrap it should go back to the way it was (even with Epic Perks that help stunning)

1: They do not own the rights to sell them. Another company would just be pretty damned foolish to purchase a game whose title is affected by a rights dispute even if they could (or wanted) to sell it. The lawsuit is not against them, and they have no part in fighting it... they are, however, affected by the lawsuit.

2: Bugs have never been fixed very quickly around here... but they are working on it at least. The game is pretty far from unplayable... I still play a lot... If it was unplayable, that would actually mean I could not play it, and neither could anyone else. I have been seeing a lot less bugs since the last patch compared to what it was like before that. If you are calling it unplayable because you died... you are playing the wrong game. There are achievements and trophies for dying in this game for a reason. You, me, and everyone else that plays counselors at all, will die... a lot. That is part of the game. This is survival horror, not beat on the guy who has no chance to kill you.
   But good luck with that lawsuit... you do realize your own lawyer fees for that are going to cost you A LOT more than you payed for the game.... don't you. I bet you do. You should probably also read the user agreement that you agreed to when you installed the game, perhaps even get a lawyer to explain it to you.... which will also cost you a lot more than you payed for the game.... just to explain the agreement to you.

a: I have no problem finding health sprays on any map. Still not seeing a problem with that.

b: This one has been around since the June 8th patch. It is damned annoying... I have to agree with you on that one. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

c: This one is a new bug. Annoying yes... but out of all the games I have played since this started ( I did not keep accurate track of that, but it is a lot), I have seen it 3 times. I cannot call 3 times "quite a bit" considering the number of games I have played since the last patch.

d: Since when can't Jason be stunned with pretty much every hit? That is a new one on me. As Jason I get stunned almost every time a hit gets through. The chance to stun should be reduced A LOT. This was never meant to be a piñata party with Jason being the piñata. I suggest running away from the psychotic zombie slasher. I almost never take a swing at him and I escape... "quite a bit".

@sfosterjr I think the frying pan actually stuns as well as the bat now, that was changed with the engine upgrade I think... but it has very little durability. All hail the Sacred Branch!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I think the frying pan actually stuns as well as the bat now, that was changed with the engine upgrade I think

that is whats a joke

34 minutes ago, sfosterjr said:

that is whats a joke

That's not the only joke... I always get a laugh out of @The Tommy's fireside tales of The Sacred Branch.

• Thanks 1

yea when im jason and i see someone coming at me with a pan i laugh. then i usually talk trash and say if i knew you were makin me dinner i woulda brought some wine!!

2 hours ago, sfosterjr said:

I've still been searching ancient tomes about the prophecy of a golden haired hero using the ultimate weapon to defeat a cursed evil. From what I can tell so far, only the Sacred Branch has the powers to cleanse Jason's soul and put him to rest for good. The Chad is the true hero, even if he doesn't know it or refuses to accept his forgotten lineage that his Grandfather rambles about to him. 

So yes, the Sacred Branch should definitely be able to knock Jason down or stun him. It's just it should be stronger in the hands of The Chad. Hell, Sheriff Garris knocked Jason down with it in part 6. Sadly he gave up on it, which lead to his death.

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I love in single player challenges during challenge number 7 strip poker you can see the sacred branch gleaming next to the Birch ridge sign in the opening.

I think I remember that, but I'm gonna have to go back to the challenge so I can revel in that greatness once more. 

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

All hail the Sacred Branch!

:chadwut:

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

That's not the only joke... I always get a laugh out of @The Tommy's fireside tales of The Sacred Branch.

The Chad will hopefully be able to regale the followers of the Sacred Branch about this upcoming Friday the 13th where he will have his showdown(s) with Jason being guided by the Sacred Branch. It had been foretold over the ages about the destiny and fate of the Kensington line in what seems to be their never ending battle against evil. This time it is Jason Voorhees. The Chad will have to overcome his fear and confront Jason once and for all. 

Edit: You guys made my night. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Here is a picture of the intro from the single player challenges strip poker...

its so shiny lol

@The Tommy

right where you left it last go on get that branch and beat the evil out of Jason!

9BC5CB5E-7DBA-4F17-9F9F-82AE7972A324.jpeg

@The Tommy im not sure what platform you play on but i do know your teachings have been heard on ps4!! ill have to dig through my saved gameplay videos to see if i have it but one night while playing on higgins haven i was runnin down to that camp in bottom right corner and as i went over that hill that has a campsite there were 3 counselors dancing around the sacred branch. of course i did a "drive-by" dance and continued on

1 hour ago, The Tommy said:

I've still been searching ancient tomes about the prophecy of a golden haired hero using the ultimate weapon to defeat a cursed evil. From what I can tell so far, only the Sacred Branch has the powers to cleanse Jason's soul and put him to rest for good. The Chad is the true hero, even if he doesn't know it or refuses to accept his forgotten lineage that his Grandfather rambles about to him. 

So yes, the Sacred Branch should definitely be able to knock Jason down or stun him. It's just it should be stronger in the hands of The Chad. Hell, Sheriff Garris knocked Jason down with it in part 6. Sadly he gave up on it, which lead to his death.

I think I remember that, but I'm gonna have to go back to the challenge so I can revel in that greatness once more. 

:chadwut:

The Chad will hopefully be able to regale the followers of the Sacred Branch about this upcoming Friday the 13th where he will have his showdown(s) with Jason being guided by the Sacred Branch. It had been foretold over the ages about the destiny and fate of the Kensington line in what seems to be their never ending battle against evil. This time it is Jason Voorhees. The Chad will have to overcome his fear and confront Jason once and for all. 

Edit: You guys made my night. Thanks!

This is the kind of stuff I am talking about. Thanks @The Tommy… your glorious tales of The Sacred Branch always put a smile on my face. We need more humor... less... other stuff. 

I think Capcom could make a great Friday the 13th game in the style of Resident Evil type gameplay. They have the horror atmosphere downpat. We musn't also forget Rockstar's infamous Manhunt games. Rockstar would make an insane Friday game.

6 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Here is a picture of the intro from the single player challenges strip poker...

its so shiny lol

@The Tommy

right where you left it last go on get that branch and beat the evil out of Jason!

9BC5CB5E-7DBA-4F17-9F9F-82AE7972A324.jpeg

The fact that is shines is so epic! And believe me, Jason's time for a sticking is coming. 

6 hours ago, sfosterjr said:

@The Tommy im not sure what platform you play on but i do know your teachings have been heard on ps4!! ill have to dig through my saved gameplay videos to see if i have it but one night while playing on higgins haven i was runnin down to that camp in bottom right corner and as i went over that hill that has a campsite there were 3 counselors dancing around the sacred branch. of course i did a "drive-by" dance and continued on

I am PS4 and I spread the word to those that will listen. To hear fellow players paying tribute really kinda wows me. 

5 hours ago, Ahab said:

This is the kind of stuff I am talking about. Thanks @The Tommy… your glorious tales of The Sacred Branch always put a smile on my face. We need more humor... less... other stuff. 

I try. I know what you mean though. It has been pretty rough around here lately.