Sign in to follow this  
deathbat96777

A Sequel to RZ's Halloween 1 in the style of Blumhouse's Halloween

I had this idea the other day, what would it be like if they had made a sequel to Rob Zombie's Halloween that ignored his H2 instead of making a sequel to the original that ignored the o.g H2 instead? I know a lot of people hated both of Rob's movies, but there's just as many people that are of the opinion that his first movie was great, but his second rendition was awful. While I'm excited for the new Halloween, I think a different take on what happened to Michael after Laurie shot him in the head would be great, because H2 09 was such a let down to me. The idea I had was for it to play out like normal up to the part where Michael comes at Laurie with the axe. She moves out of the way at the last second and is saved by Loomis and Brackett who come out of nowhere and gun down Michael. They manage to get Michael to the morgue and it plays out sort of like The Final Chapter. Michael wakes up and kills everyone, then we jump to a decade later.

In my version, Annie was actually dead and we don't see her anymore, Loomis isn't an egotistical douche, and Laurie's friend aren't cringy throwaway characters. In my version, Laurie would be kind of a big sister to Lindsey Wallace and Tommy Doyle, who have became like her siblings and they all live in a sorority house together. Loomis tries to take Laurie to Smith's Grove to give her treatment and encourages her to write a book about her experience to help other people who've been victims of serial killers but she fights it. Loomis, feeling he has failed Michael and the town, tries to rectify what has happened and becomes more like his classic counterpart and slowly over the course of the film sees Michael as less and less redeemable until he finally gives up on him and sees him as pure evil. Once Michael comes back and gets revenge by killing the now grown up versions of Tommy and Lindsey, Laurie starts Michael proofing her house like in the new movie about to come out, and after she has a meltdown and has a Ben Tramer type incident where she kills someone dressed as Michael, she agrees to go to Smith's Grove for treatment, but escapes after she hears of Michael's whereabouts. Loomis and Brackett attempt to track her down, and she has a final showdown with this version of Michael, which ends with Michael taking off his mask and giving Laurie a hug.

As Loomis and Brackett approach, Loomis snaps and tries to kill Michael because of what he senses within him and beats his former patient to a pulp. Michael, feeling betrayed, kills Loomis. Brackett escapes with Laurie and Michael manages to hitch a ride and climb through the trunk, and something similar to the end of Halloween 4 happens with Michael getting ran over a few times, getting gunned down and then falling down a shaft. Brackett goes to check to see if Michael is dead and gets stabbed to death, and Laurie confronts Michael once again, knocking him unconscious with a 2x4 and taking his lifeless corpse and loading it into the coroner's van. She takes his body back to the Myers house, Michael wakes up and she actually blows his head off for real this time  and hides his body under the floor boards where he found his mask and puts the picture of him and her back in his coverall pocket. The movie ends with Brackett's deputies grabbing Laurie after they find her kneeling over a pile of dirt where she's allegedly buried Michael in the crawlspace, and we then see her with a blank expression on her face inside an empty room like before, except this time instead of seeing a horse, we see no one. All of this is off the top of my head

I'm sorry if my grammar isn't adequate enough for you. I'm sure your intent with a comment wasn't to be hostile or a grammar Nazi, but I'd appreciate it if you'd comment on the actual content of my post itself and not where I left out commas or had run on sentences. No offense, but that's kind of annoying. It defeats the purpose of even replying. I could understand if it was completely incoherent but I feel like it's pretty easy to follow what I was saying unless I'm in complete denial.

My opinion:

After Zombie shit all over the franchise and it’s fans with the garbage that was his 2 films why would anyone want to go back into that world.....and see more.

at no point did I feel like I was watching a Halloween movie with Michael Myers in it.

And I don’t even want to talk about the pure disgust I have for what he did to the Loomis character.

Zombie ruined Michael in the first 15 minutes of the film. He made him a serial killer with daddy issues. No thank you there.

Kudos on your ideas(though paragraph breaks would make it much easier to read, especially on mobile platforms).

I do like the idea of Laurie killing someone else and having to go to Smith's Grove. That would be awesome and interesting. I think turning this movie into an original cannon actual Part 3 would be best. Maybe start it off with Laurie getting treatment and have Loomis dead from the explosion. It could create more character conflict with her struggling mentally over him dying to protect her.

On 7/11/2018 at 1:21 AM, deathbat96777 said:

I'm sorry if my grammar isn't adequate enough for you. I'm sure your intent with a comment wasn't to be hostile or a grammar Nazi, but I'd appreciate it if you'd comment on the actual content of my post itself and not where I left out commas or had run on sentences. No offense, but that's kind of annoying. It defeats the purpose of even replying. I could understand if it was completely incoherent but I feel like it's pretty easy to follow what I was saying unless I'm in complete denial.

Sorry. Missed this. No tag to alert me. 

It's not that your grammar's inadequate, it's nonexistent. I can't comment on the actual content, because I couldn't risk the headache to read it. It's just this big block of text 30+ lines deep.. Though, if you break it up into paragraphs, I'll read it and comment and I'll even ignore misspelled words or whatnot. 

13 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Sorry. Missed this. No tag to alert me. 

It's not that your grammar's inadequate, it's nonexistent. I can't comment on the actual content, because I couldn't risk the headache to read it. It's just this big block of text 30+ lines deep.. Though, if you break it up into paragraphs, I'll read it and comment and I'll even ignore misspelled words or whatnot. 

I didn't misspell anything, I went back and checked. I divided it into paragraphs for you, however.

8 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

I didn't misspell anything, I went back and checked. I divided it into paragraphs for you, however.

Thanks. I know I could have copied, pasted and read it in word, but I'm not one to go through that sort of trouble. 

With that, lets dive in. 

I was meh on Zombies first Halloween. It wasn't as good as the originals but I didn't dislike it. The sequel, with it's need to shoehorn his ugly ass wife at the expense of story, the constant "fucks" being uttered by Laurie in lieu of actual dialogue and the fact that the best part of the film is a dream sequence left me forever tainted on bothering with any art Zombie had made. 

You want to kill Annie, played by Danielle Harris, and the only good part of H2? You heathen.

Liking a lot of the rest well enough. The whole "hugging" thing is a bit weird, though. Also, are we the audience expected to see his face, or would judicious use of shadow keep it hidden?

The ending is definitely a radical take. Killing Loomis, and Myers himself? I would be surprised if that would ever get filmed as studios have sequels ever in mind. H20 gets kudos for it's willingness to do this, but then we got the mental gymnastics to bring him back for the next one. The one thing to ever keep a horror icon dead is lack of ability to generate money, after all. 

At the end of the day, I find myself in the middle of the road as far as your approach. It certainly would be better than Zombie's efforts, (though monkeys on typewriters could also achieve this feat) and likely on par with any number of horror movies I could pull out of a hat. I don't see it becoming a classic, but it sounds like a passable film.