sfosterjr

forum is in a "coma"

im not posting this to start any trouble. i work nights and have access to a computer. before all this stuff with whether gun knew about deadline or not stuff went down i could go on these forums within a couple minutes and just about every topic had new responses or new topics were at the top of the list. but now you see last reply being hours apart on most topics!! with the recent departures whether voluntary or involuntary of some of this forums top contributors most of the "higher" wouldnt say the forum is dying. well if it isnt dying then its in a very deep coma

I think it's like a food coma, like after you eat ten tacos or eat a huge bag of Doritos. You take a nap, you feel terrible, then you wake up the next day and slowly get better. That's how this will be

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I think it's like a food coma, like after you eat ten tacos or eat a huge bag of Doritos. You take a nap, you feel terrible, then you wake up the next day and slowly get better. That's how this will be

i dont know?? seems to be getting worse day by day

I think darkness will come to light soon and we'll finally get some clarification on what we were going to get before the lawsuit, then we'll get dedicated servers, more glitch fixes, etc, and this game will have a slight boost in popularity again. It'll stay that way for a few months before it dies for good. That's just what I think

5 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I think darkness will come to light soon and we'll finally get some clarification on what we were going to get before the lawsuit, then we'll get dedicated servers, more glitch fixes, etc, and this game will have a slight boost in popularity again. It'll stay that way for a few months before it dies for good. That's just what I think

i hope your right. not sure how it can get popular again? whos goin to buy the game now?? only new sales i see is if they drop price

6 hours ago, sfosterjr said:

im not posting this to start any trouble. i work nights and have access to a computer. before all this stuff with whether gun knew about deadline or not stuff went down i could go on these forums within a couple minutes and just about every topic had new responses or new topics were at the top of the list. but now you see last reply being hours apart on most topics!! with the recent departures whether voluntary or involuntary of some of this forums top contributors most of the "higher" wouldnt say the forum is dying. well if it isnt dying then its in a very deep coma

Rightly or wrongly,  I think people are afraid of posting because of the Mods, and the amount of locked topics. And frankly a bunch of people left because they didn't like whats happening, and some of those people were the best posters, and they had enough.

It freaking sucks that it has happened, and i really dont think we will see a bounce back here to what it was.

• Thanks 2

People don't have to be afraid, they just have to post properly. Don't know how many times I keep having to say this, and there are many users who are still posting here.

Yes the forum is in a coma, hard to have anything left to talk about when people are gone and the rest can’t be bothered. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yes the forum is in a coma, hard to have anything left to talk about when people are gone and the rest can’t be bothered. 

Also hard when, any real new game info isn't posted here and is on twitter.

14 hours ago, sfosterjr said:

im not posting this to start any trouble.

The only "trouble" caused by posting is when people take the time to respond in the most negative of ways. Post from your heart, and whatever happens after that just happens. If you post something you are concerned about in good taste, then there is no trouble on your end.

14 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

I eat 10 tacos at a time quite frequently. I haven't had any problems yet. It must be my high metabolic rate.

13 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

Whether the dev team tell us what we were gonna get or not, it won't put all the people at ease. If certain people learned that they were gonna get something, they'll still be upset that they won't get it.

7 hours ago, 2moar said:

Rightly or wrongly,  I think people are afraid of posting because of the Mods, and the amount of locked topics. And frankly a bunch of people left because they didn't like whats happening, and some of those people were the best posters, and they had enough.

It freaking sucks that it has happened, and i really dont think we will see a bounce back here to what it was.

I for one am not afraid to post here. I post a bit less, as there doesn't seem to be as many exciting topics popping up lately. A lot of what is popping up are duplicate topics, topics drawing out the most negative energy of people, farewell posts (some have been done in better taste than others), and as of last night, spam posts.

7 hours ago, Kodiak said:

People don't have to be afraid, they just have to post properly. Don't know how many times I keep having to say this, and there are many users who are still posting here.

I think some people have an issue with understanding what you mean by "posting properly". I'm guessing you mean posts that are written in good taste, with no cheap shots at other posters, as well as on-topic in the thread of origin? Feel free to fill in anything I may have missed.

3 minutes ago, jaysonvohees said:

Everyone needs to CHILL out.

It's not everyone. Certain people need to chill out.

47 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

It's not everyone. Certain people need to chill out.

I don’t get a response @Fair Play, lol.  I agree some chilling is required by certain posters. I do think others have been unduly punished, and some have escaped punishment that is due. It’s not helpful to rage post though and doing so won’t change the last week. 

29 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I don’t get a response @Fair Play, lol.  I agree some chilling is required by certain posters. I do think others have been unduly punished, and some have escaped punishment that is due. It’s not helpful to rage post though and doing so won’t change the last week. 

How in the world did I miss you lol.

We are on the same page. I don't begin to presume I understand the punishments and how and why they are administered. In fact, I don't wanna get caught up in all that. I get that the people are a little tense with everything that's going on, and the last week has been quite a mess. As I've stated before, the "people vs. the mod/dev" mentality needs to stop.

The mods are under a lot of pressure here. The devs are under just as much pressure. Under no circumstances am I taking up for or judging either party. At the end of the day, they are as human as we are. We all have good and bad days. Sometimes a bad day makes someone lash out or post something without thinking. Once that's been done, you can't take it back. That holds true for mods, dev and the rest of us.

Not every action taken by the mods is a bad thing. How we interpret their actions and respond to them determines how those actions look to other people. I'll share a little story with everyone. Once upon a time, I was one of the many posters who used to read through the forums like everyone else. Now and then, I'd see a douple or triple post. I'd use the report function, as that was what I thought it was there for. I thought I was helping to make the forums a bit better. It turns out I was incorrect. A mod sent me a PM. They sent a friendly message as to the true use of the report function. I respected their call. I didn't argue, get upset or break bad on them. In that instance, I had made the mistake.

I cannot speak for the experiences of anyone else as far as mod interaction. I just know I had the one, and it went fine. Still no warning points to this day. Since then, I've had no other encounters with a mod. I've made over 1000 posts here, and sometimes you're gonna have a difference of opinion with someone. That could end up getting a mod involved. It might be resolved peacefully, or it could escalate.

Here's a little something in the rules of the forum:

Member Expectations Towards Admins/Moderators: Users are more than welcome to provide complaints/comments geared towards the moderating team. We are here to make this forum as fun and enjoyable for every single user, and will do everything to keep things livened. That does not mean users may threaten, harass or engage in trolling rhetoric to get their point across. A respectful attitude goes a long way, for both parties.

I think that last statement has slipped through the cracks in a lot of instances.

Everyone, try to be a bit more understanding to one another, even if you don't agree with them.

Now, get back to killing one another in-game as Jason. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

How in the world did I miss you lol.

We are on the same page. I don't begin to presume I understand the punishments and how and why they are administered. In fact, I don't wanna get caught up in all that. I get that the people are a little tense with everything that's going on, and the last week has been quite a mess. As I've stated before, the "people vs. the mod/dev" mentality needs to stop.

The mods are under a lot of pressure here. The devs are under just as much pressure. Under no circumstances am I taking up for or judging either party. At the end of the day, they are as human as we are. We all have good and bad days. Sometimes a bad day makes someone lash out or post something without thinking. Once that's been done, you can't take it back. That holds true for mods, dev and the rest of us.

Not every action taken by the mods is a bad thing. How we interpret their actions and respond to them determines how those actions look to other people. I'll share a little story with everyone. Once upon a time, I was one of the many posters who used to read through the forums like everyone else. Now and then, I'd see a douple or triple post. I'd use the report function, as that was what I thought it was there for. I thought I was helping to make the forums a bit better. It turns out I was incorrect. A mod sent me a PM. They sent a friendly message as to the true use of the report function. I respected their call. I didn't argue, get upset or break bad on them. In that instance, I had made the mistake.

I cannot speak for the experiences of anyone else as far as mod interaction. I just know I had the one, and it went fine. Still no warning points to this day. Since then, I've had no other encounters with a mod. I've made over 1000 posts here, and sometimes you're gonna have a difference of opinion with someone. That could end up getting a mod involved. It might be resolved peacefully, or it could escalate.

Here's a little something in the rules of the forum:

Member Expectations Towards Admins/Moderators: Users are more than welcome to provide complaints/comments geared towards the moderating team. We are here to make this forum as fun and enjoyable for every single user, and will do everything to keep things livened. That does not mean users may threaten, harass or engage in trolling rhetoric to get their point across. A respectful attitude goes a long way, for both parties.

I think that last statement has slipped through the cracks in a lot of instances.

Everyone, try to be a bit more understanding to one another, even if you don't agree with them.

Now, get back to killing one another in-game as Jason. 😎

Read it again folks, it is good. Not enough of this lately. 

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Read it again folks, it is good. Not enough of this lately. 

Thank you for the kind words Slasher.

You’re welcome @Fair Play. I don’t expect everyone to understand that treating each other with respect will encourage the pubs to do the same but I can hope. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You’re welcome @Fair Play. I don’t expect everyone to understand that treating each other with respect will encourage the pubs to do the same but I can hope. 

That makes two of us.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

Pretty sure if I ate ten tacos I'd be stuck on the toilet, not in a coma. LOL

Just now, Big Daddy J said:

Pretty sure if I ate ten tacos I'd be stuck on the toilet, not in a coma. LOL

😅

So yeah I think I jumped in this forum at a bad time.

On plus side so far quickplay on Xbox has been okay.

9 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

So yeah I think I jumped in this forum at a bad time.

On plus side so far quickplay on Xbox has been okay.

Well I joined after Christmas and it’s been like this to various degrees since at least then. Don’t take all so seriously and you’ll be fine.