MrCaffeine

F13 The Game Panel at Mad Monster Party

Just curious is anyone else planning on attending the panel?  I was originally going to skip on it, but this panel plus the list of attendees pushed me over the edge.

Have to say I’m very interested in this pnel because I hope it will clear up a lot of confusion regarding everything.

ok here's a question. lets say that the reason we havent heard from gun about the whole new content fiasco is a legal issue and such. what could they possibly be able to talk about then at this event?? how the game thats a year old isnt quite working right and with every patch they put out to fix current issues new ones arise?? wouldnt think that would be a good public appearance?? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

Have to say I’m very interested in this pnel because I hope it will clear up a lot of confusion regarding everything.

I doubt they would be able to speak about most things that people want to know about(i.e. lawsuit matters).  It is generally a bad idea to discuss ongoing litigation.

It would be nice to know the agenda ahead of time, but I am personally interested in what plans they had for the game, cut content, etc.  Also info sneak peaks at art book and/or soundtrack.

*I forgot to add:  I also want to meet Kane Hodder.

• Like 2

I'll watch it if it's recorded. I live nowhere near the location it takes place or I'd be going to see Tom Savini and Kane's Savini Jason costume :) can't wait to see that.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I'll watch it if it's recorded. I live nowhere near the location it takes place or I'd be going to see Tom Savini and Kane's Savini Jason costume :) can't wait to see that.

I'm jealous of whoever gets to keep the trident or mask.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kodiak said:

He's dressing up at two Jasons that weekend...one day Savini, the next day Retro.  :)

I'm going to a con in NJ in August where Kane's dressing up at Part 7. Should be cool.

8 hours ago, Dolemite said:

He's dressing up at two Jasons that weekend...one day Savini, the next day Retro.  :)

I'm going to a con in NJ in August where Kane's dressing up at Part 7. Should be cool.

Yes!  I'm really psyched to see Savini Jason in real life.  Although, I think part 7 will always be my favourite.

14 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I'm jealous of whoever gets to keep the trident or mask.

@The Doctor People get to keep the props?

The picture with Kane Hodder as Savini Jason sounds cool, but then I looked up the price for just a photo op... $130? Yikes. I don't do many conventions, and prices like that are why.

1 hour ago, Big Daddy J said:

The picture with Kane Hodder as Savini Jason sounds cool, but then I looked up the price for just a photo op... $130? Yikes. I don't do many conventions, and prices like that are why.

I'm doing the Retro Jason one, because Retro Jason is awesome. At least I can justify the price because Kane has said that this is a one time thing and the photo op is done with a professional photographer.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dolemite said:

@Dolemite Does it specifically say that he'll be in Part 7 costume?  Because I can only find a mention of him in Part 8, and I know he said that he wouldn't be doing Part 7 anymore because of the grueling make-up process.

Here's a video about it: Kane on Part 7 

He told me that being at the con with John Buechler convinced him to do the Part 7, but that it was exhausting to wear because it covers his whole face (the Part 8 is an open faced cowl [PIC]).  I could be wrong, and he changed his mind, but I just didn't want you to get hyped for 7 just in case.

In any event have fun!

13 minutes ago, MadMike said:

@Dolemite Does it specifically say that he'll be in Part 7 costume?  Because I can only find a mention of him in Part 8, and I know he said that he wouldn't be doing Part 7 anymore because of the grueling make-up process.

Here's a video about it: Kane on Part 7 

He told me that being at the con with John Buechler convinced him to do the Part 7, but that it was exhausting to wear because it covers his whole face (the Part 8 is an open faced cowl [PIC]).  I could be wrong, and he changed his mind, but I just didn't want you to get hyped for 7 just in case.

In any event have fun!

Hmm. The con is advertising a double photo op with Kane as Part 8 Jason and Robert Englund (no costume), but for the one-on-one Kane photo op it doesn't specifically state which Jason he's dressing up as. However, for the solo photo op ad it shows nothing but pics of Part 7 Jason (although there IS a Jason Takes Manhattan poster in the background), which would make any rational person think that he's dressing as Part 7 Jason, right? They should be more clear about that.

Kane-Hodder-photo-op-2018.jpg

But yeah, you make a good point...I'll try and see if I can contact someone from the con and confirm which Jason Kane is dressing as for the photo op before plunking down my hard-earned dough (I'll probably still do it, though). Part 8 is a decent look, but pales in comparison to the majesty that is Part 7.

And I can understand how the Part 7 makeup job is way more involved - and less desirable to wear - than the Part 8 set-up, which is much more simple. It seems like a hell of a lot of work to go through for a photo op on Kane's part. The con should make it more clear...I'll update here if I can confirm which Jason Kane'll be, although realistically, I can't see the man going to the trouble of changing outfits.

BTW, Mike, you seem to know your stuff...does Kane also usually work a table at events where he does dress-up photo ops? Just curious if it's a photo op or nothing.

13 minutes ago, MadMike said:

In any event have fun!

Thanks Mike!  :)

1 hour ago, Dogmatic said:

I'm doing the Retro Jason one, because Retro Jason is awesome. At least I can justify the price because Kane has said that this is a one time thing and the photo op is done with a professional photographer.

Glad you're getting the chance to do this. You better send me the pic.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Hmm. The con is advertising a double photo op with Kane as Part 8 Jason and Robert Englund (no costume), but for the one-on-one Kane photo op it doesn't specifically state which Jason he's dressing up as. However, for the solo photo op ad it shows nothing but pics of Part 7 Jason (although there IS a Jason Takes Manhattan poster in the background), which would make any rational person think that he's dressing as Part 7 Jason, right? They should be more clear about that.

Kane-Hodder-photo-op-2018.jpg

But yeah, you make a good point...I'll try and see if I can contact someone from the con and confirm which Jason Kane is dressing as for the photo op before plunking down my hard-earned dough (I'll probably still do it, though). Part 8 is a decent look, but pales in comparison to the majesty that is Part 7.

And I can understand how the Part 7 makeup job is way more involved - and less desirable to wear - than the Part 8 set-up, which is much more simple. It seems like a hell of a lot of work to go through for a photo op on Kane's part. The con should make it more clear...I'll update here if I can confirm which Jason Kane'll be, although realistically, I can't see the man going to the trouble of changing outfits.

BTW, Mike, you seem to know your stuff...does Kane also usually work a table at events where he does dress-up photo ops? Just curious if it's a photo op or nothing.

Thanks Mike!  :)

@Dolemite

The pic had me thinking 7 as well, but it's also the Jason he's most known for, so those images are used a lot to just promote Kane.  Here's the flyer from the con that I went to (Rock and Shock which Kane mentions in the video): [flyer]

While it was really cool to see it up close, it's majesty is definitely better in movie lighting rather than a camera flash! 😉

Either way, you'd probably have a good time doing the photo-op, because Kane loves to get in it with his fans (in my case he lifted my up by my chin with one hand when the photographer counted to 0).

I may know too much!  I managed to spend almost an hour talking to John Buechler about the mask and makeup design, so if you ever wanted to know more about it, let me know!

Kane almost always has a table at these events (unless he has to film something), but does not dress in costume at the table.  The only way to see him in costume is the photo-ops, so that he doesn't have to spend the whole con sweating.  He did let us take a picture with him at his table though and he'll autograph stuff for a fee.  He's also great to chat with.  He told me a story about while on the set of Part 7, in costume, a man came up to him and asked if he was part of the movie they were filming and all Kane did was stare at him and do the Jason breathing.  When the guy asked again, he lunged at him and the guy took off.  The next day John Buechler was asking if anyone knew where the local sheriff was, because he never showed up for security duty the night before.  Kane was very proud of himself for that one! 😃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MadMike said:

The pic had me thinking 7 as well, but it's also the Jason he's most known for, so those images are used a lot to just promote Kane.  Here's the flyer from the con that I went to (Rock and Shock which Kane mentions in the video): [flyer]

While it was really cool to see it up close, it's majesty is definitely better in movie lighting rather than a camera flash! 

Oh, I don't know...it still looks pretty damn cool, even when well-lit. Especially since it appears they went for complete near-total film accuracy as opposed to half-assing it with some cheap Halloween costume or something.  ;)

I may know too much!  I managed to spend almost an hour talking to John Buechler about the mask and makeup design, so if you ever wanted to know more about it, let me know!

I would like to know everything! So please, share the know-how when you have a sec to type it all out!

Kane almost always has a table at these events (unless he has to film something), but does not dress in costume at the table.  The only way to see him in costume is the photo-ops, so that he doesn't have to spend the whole con sweating.  He did let us take a picture with him at his table though and he'll autograph stuff for a fee.  He's also great to chat with.  

Oh, I assumed he'd be in his civilian duds at the table, I just wanted to be sure he was actually going to be at a table at all.

I met him one a few years back at a con I went to with an ex of mine. Kane was making a point to strangle all the guys for their pics with him but he wouldn't strangle the girls by default. However, my ex told him to choke her, which he did...but only very lightly. Next it was my turn, and Kane was like, "I'm not gonna be so gentle with you" and proceeded to squeeze my fucking throat to the point that I could still feel it 30 minutes later. Which, of course, was fucking awesome, lol.

I have a photo OP in a couple of weeks at Flashback Weekend in Chicago with Steve Dash, Ted White, Tom Morga, C.J. Graham, and Ken Kirzinger, all in costume. I wish Kane was in it as well, but I think he's shooting somewhere. Pretty excited about it. 

On topic. I'm not even sure I would want to attend the Gun panel even if I lived in the area. Too depressing.

2 hours ago, A.J. Mason said:

I have a photo OP in a couple of weeks at Flashback Weekend in Chicago with Steve Dash, Ted White, Tom Morga, C.J. Graham, and Ken Kirzinger, all in costume. I wish Kane was in it as well, but I think he's shooting somewhere. Pretty excited about it. 

On topic. I'm not even sure I would want to attend the Gun panel even if I lived in the area. Too depressing.

Very cool post some of the pix of the guys in costume if you can we would all like to see them as Jason once again!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

I plan on doing the Savini one.  I rarely attend conventions and figure this would be one of very few(if any) chances to get a picture of Kane as Savini.  I've always loved Friday the 13th, and can justify this as an early Birthday gift for myself.

6 hours ago, A.J. Mason said:

For me, I think it'll be a bit of closure, plus I would like to know more about the Art Book and Soundtrack.

I think Gun doing a panel at this point would be suicide for them. There’s nothing positive that can come from it.... UNLESS.... they plan on a REALLY big surprise this Friday. 

• Like 3

Just now, The Milwauking Dead said:

I think Gun doing a panel at this point would be suicide for them. There’s nothing positive that can come from it.... UNLESS.... they plan on a REALLY big surprise this Friday. 

yea no dedicated servers(not cost effective as the reason)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrCaffeine said:

For me, I think it'll be a bit of closure, plus I would like to know more about the Art Book and Soundtrack.

If you find anything out about these items, please share. I've been wondering about these as well.

6 hours ago, A.J. Mason said:

If you find anything out about these items, please share. I've been wondering about these as well.

Yep, Gun has repeatedly stated both are coming soon but I have yet to receive either. It would be nice to get an idea of when. Next month? Oct? I don't think it's unreasonable at this point to ask for some kind of time frame. They stated they were waiting on single player to be released for the artbook. Well, you can't create more content so there is nothing left to add. 

3 hours ago, undrtkr said:

Yep, Gun has repeatedly stated both are coming soon but I have yet to receive either. It would be nice to get an idea of when. Next month? Oct? I don't think it's unreasonable at this point to ask for some kind of time frame. They stated they were waiting on single player to be released for the artbook. Well, you can't create more content so there is nothing left to add. 

Agreed. I'm worried the art book will be delayed because now they have to remove art based on content that won't make the game. I hope they include everything they have.