Sign in to follow this  
Quinn FTW

Increase in crashes

Has anyone noticed an increase in crashes since the patch last week. I play on PC, and the game has crashed to desktop at least once per play session every day that I've played it. I don't know if it's a kill animation issue that causes the "Fatal Error" - it seems to occur right after a kill (though not always the same kill).

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'd like to know before I bother putting in a bug report.

I've crashed a few times, but it's been more stable than before comparatively. Several times I've crashed out in a full 4 seater right at the edge of the exit. Quite the rage inducer.

@Quinn FTW I play on PC... Since the update I have crashed twice playing offline bots... I have not crashed during online play since the update. I did have a disconnect, but that was my modem crapping out... I could tell by the internet not working on my main computer... or the second computer beside my main computer... and no wi-fi on my phone.
   Sending a bug report with the error code cannot hurt anything though.

I play on xbox and the rate of crashing has almost doubled since the patch. It seems that I’m only able to play 3-5 matches before a crash.

I verified my files with Steam, and will keep monitoring. If you experience crashes, particularly during or after grab kill animations, I would be interested in knowing. 

I'm trying to determine if I've just had a rash of bad luck, or if there's a particular map, kill, Jason, and/or counselor combo.

Thanks, everyone.

I am on xbox and the game crashed 3 times in a row on me before I reset the system and I was good the rest of the way.

The only time when the game crashes for me is when it's loading in a match...currently, it crashes about 40% of the time. And when the match DOES load in, 50% o the time we get the spectator glitch.

I beg of you, Gun/Illfonic...before you wipe your hands of this game (whenever that day comes), please, please, please just leave it in a stable state with the ability to save locally.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Soggy biscuit said:

Lots of crashes on ps4. It's frustrating as hell, especially when i'm finally Jason.

That's crazy you say that because my experience on PS4 has been extremely positive since the patch. I have had only one crash throughout several hours of play over various days.

Edit: Not doubting you. Just strange that our experiences are so different.

• Like 1

The instant crashing at the home screen is fixed on Xbox One.

The audio bugs, repeating sound issues and sound delays are annoying.

Tested offline bots. Always play 2 rounds before laughing at the bugs and quitting the game.

The lawsuit news kind of drained any desire to want to keep playing.

Every patch reinforces that feeling of not wanting to play anymore.

Some stable patches are needed asap.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, BradleyMaverick said:

That's crazy you say that because my experience on PS4 has been extremely positive since the patch. I have had only one crash throughout several hours of play over various days.

Edit: Not doubting you. Just strange that our experiences are so different.

Tbh I just got back from a weeks vacation. Had 3 games, 2 went fine as a counselor. 3rd as Jason and it cut out saying network issue. However, I certainly had some network issues the week before.  

However i'm not back to work til next week so plan to get some games in. It might have just been a random issue etc. It's all good my man

Edit: also as you're on ps4. Have you by any chance seen any random flashing colours appear when you are interacting with other players? I was getting punch bag'd by some counselors and green sparkly colours were flashing....also a guy rage quit when i grabbed him and as his body fell, the green colours flashed again....really odd bug but kinda pretty

Edited by Soggy biscuit

23 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

The instant crashing at the home screen is fixed on Xbox One.

The audio bugs, repeating sound issues and sound delays are annoying.

Tested offline bots. Always play 2 rounds before laughing at the bugs and quitting the game.

The lawsuit news kind of drained any desire to want to keep playing.

Every patch reinforces that feeling of not wanting to play anymore.

Some stable patches are needed asap.

I feel with the lawsuit, any bug complaints from now on won't be given much consideration :(

Seems about the same. I get one crash every week or so and since the last patch have crashed...once. 

I play on pc and right now since the latest patch it's 3 games out of 4 giving me a fatal error right after a grab kill against offline bots. Did not find any specific kill/map/Jason that seems to trigger the fatal error, looks pretty much random. Right now every time I'm doing a grab I just keep my finger crossed and hope the game doesn't crash. It's like a fatal error roulette and I'm "winning" more often then I'd like to.