@Ahab @Redcat345 View the video in youtube and read the description, all instructions are there. But simply put, make sure you use L3 / left analog stick / sprint to exit out of CS into grab, rather than right stick (as it doesn't always work for exit). 

6 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Of course a Jason who knows your "trick" can simply grab at your end position during your recovery, so its not exactly "safe" ether and it's a 50/50 he guesses what direction you dodge at.

If he is either anticipating a dodge cancel, or good at block grabbing, yes he can catch you during the dodge since as you said it is mechanically a teleport. But 99% of Jasons will not be able to catch you doing this technique, particularly if you have an epic Evasion equipped which is crazy fast. I know the majority of the game's best players and it has become a popular technique to dodge to make Jason whiff, but as I keep telling them that is really just for show. An experienced Jason will rarely fall for it which has simply made you waste a chunk of stam from the dodge, and the recovery is considerable since you cannot swing for almost a full second after (approx. 800ms). This is why I only recommend dodge following a swing, not on its own.

Also, and I cannot stress this enough - always dodge cancel to the right, never to the left.

6 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

@Ahab The pitfalls of combat stance is that it was clearly designed to accommodate a 1v1 scenario.  This is fine for counselors, as they will auto target Jason (in most cases -_-), but the devs should have considered a way for Jason to toggle between multiple targets.   As is, Jason has to mindful of his surroundings and targets as they swarm around him.  If the mob is impatient and striking Jason the moment they see him, of course blocking is a good choice.  However, if they are just spacing you out and waited for Jason to commit to something, then there is little purpose to CS, especially if quick-block isn't reliable.

This is correct, and the only tool Jason really has against a knowledgeable group is throwing knives. Whether that is throwing them during a stumble or simply catching them off guard, it is absolutely necessary to have a ranged attack when everyone is just baiting you into commiting. Knife is the only unpunishable attack in this scenario, and if it were up to me I would've given Jason an auto refill of knives per x amount of time so that he can adequately deal with such a situation. Otherwise group combat against high level, experienced counselors is extremely difficult even for the best Jason players. It takes a great deal of practice to consistently overcome even a small group of counselors who 100% know what they are doing. Never mind a full 7 who are all intimately aware of all counselor techniques.

I will be releasing a guide on the slash block technique but even that is risky, since even if one counselor cannot counter in time before the block, another can hit you during the slash. And you can of course completely forget about grabbing in this scenario since you will automatically get punished for it. You end up simply playing a long game of cat and mouse against the counselors using as good spacing as possible and trying to make them whiff their attacks (and they of course are doing the same to you). It can be a total nightmare, and where you can truly feel the pressure of 1v7.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

View the video in youtube and read the description, all instructions are there. But simply put, make sure you use L3 / left analog stick to exit out of CS into grab, rather than right stick (as it doesn't always work for exit). 

I don't have console, only PC. Did a test in offline and found it to be extremely difficult to go into CS, then block, then grab because of how many keys have to be pressed in such a short time and how slow it is to respond.

4 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

I don't have console, only PC. Did a test in offline and found it to be extremely difficult to go into CS, then block, then grab because of how many keys have to be pressed in such a short time and how slow it is to respond.

In offline it should be fine after enough practice since there is no delay for CS. Since you have dedicated servers on PC though, and consequently ping at all times, you wont have the same responsiveness online. In which case I recommend you practice throwing knife into grab instead. Throw the knife during counselor swing start-up then immediately grab, it is the only attack where recovery frames can actually be interrupted with grab.

18 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

In offline it should be fine after enough practice since there is no delay for CS. Since you have dedicated servers on PC though, and consequently ping at all times, you wont have the same responsiveness online. In which case I recommend you practice throwing knife into grab instead. Throw the knife during counselor swing start-up then immediately grab, it is the only attack where recovery frames can actually be interrupted with grab.

I will try that. On PC, you have to click C to go into CS, then right click to block, then press C again to exit CS, then right click again to grab, and it's super slow to respond, even in offline.

I will try the knife grab instead as it sounds quicker.

8 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

I will try that. On PC, you have to click C to go into CS, then right click to block, then press C again to exit CS, then right click again to grab, and it's super slow to respond, even in offline.

I will try the knife grab instead as it sounds quicker.

Yeah it is definitely quicker, you just have to be accurate with it. For all throwing knives at close - mid range, my advice would be to enter combat stance just for a moment to center your target then throw the knife. Try never to aim with the knife itself as it is far too easy for counselors to dodge it, you want to make it instant so that they cannot even anticipate the throw to dodge or block it. The knife is so fast when quick tossed that you are virtually guaranteed the hit, but it does depend on vertical distance too - so make sure that when you throw it the difference in height will not be an issue.

36 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Yeah it is definitely quicker, you just have to be accurate with it. For all throwing knives at close - mid range, my advice would be to enter combat stance just for a moment to center your target then throw the knife. Try never to aim with the knife itself as it is far too easy for counselors to dodge it, you want to make it instant so that they cannot even anticipate the throw to dodge or block it. The knife is so fast when quick tossed that you are virtually guaranteed the hit, but it does depend on vertical distance too - so make sure that when you throw it the difference in height will not be an issue.

What exactly is the "quick toss"?

7 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

What exactly is the "quick toss"?

Tap and release your throw button without really aiming. You use either your right shoulder or in his example combat stance to line up the Counselor.

Quick throw to grab works well with very little experience on PS4 as both buttons are on the same side and bumpers. Not so much CS, it’s under a thumb stick and doesn’t seem to disengage very quickly. On PC it would probably be easier to do, so practicing it might be a good idea for taking care of players who bait and punish.

5 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Tap and release your throw button without really aiming. You use either your shoulder or in his example combat stance to line up the Counselor.

Yes exactly. The CS method works well since counselors have a habit of moving in a spastic way as soon as they see you are aiming. No matter how good your aim, you won't be able to lock onto them with just pure skill if they are moving completely unpredictably. 

10 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Yes exactly.

Very frustrating lately, half my knives hang beside my head spinning and it seems they now pull to the left as they fly, when they do fly.

Up close they still do the job though as even if it hangs spinning, the Counselor still seems to take the hit, they have to be real close though melee range. 

PS sorry to jump into your ongoing conversation, I didn’t realize till I read up a bit.

As for groups surrounding you, my advice is to put a trap down immediately as you come out of a stun, you then use the trap to keep one side clear or guard your back. It can throw off a good group as Jason is slowly showing them that he can control the field of battle. If it’s by the car all the better, hack the people that try to defend first, let the person in the trap go through the whole animation, then smack them as they stand up.

12 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Very frustrating lately, half my knives hang beside my head spinning and it seems they now pull to the left as they fly, when they do fly.

Up close they still do the job though as even if it hangs spinning, the Counselor still seems to take the hit, they have to be real close though melee range. 

PS sorry to jump into your ongoing conversation, I didn’t realize till I read up a bit.

Nah no need to apologize, and you bring up a good point. There is in fact a problem with throwing knives currently, which do impact your aiming. If you are throwing knives there are dead spots you may run into, and you need to be aware that there are spots where knives will get stuck in pure air. I made a video on it a while back, and it is due to invisible hitboxes in the environment. Above camp fires and around cars is where it most often occurs, but spots in cabins are also a culprit.

2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Nah no need to apologize, and you bring up a good point. There is in fact a problem with throwing knives currently, which do impact your aiming. If you are throwing knives dead spots though, you need to be aware that there are spotsfhere knives will get stuck in pure air. I made a video on it a while back, and it is due to invisible hitboxes in the environment. Above camp fires and cars is where it most often occurs.

I’m sure it will get patched out....soon. Lol

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’m sure it will get patched out....soon. Lol

Yeah and no doubt turn into something far more fucked up. ?

14 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

The pitfalls of combat stance is that it was clearly designed to accommodate a 1v1 scenario.  This is fine for counselors, as they will auto target Jason (in most cases -_-), but the devs should have considered a way for Jason to toggle between multiple targets.   As is, Jason has to mindful of his surroundings and targets as they swarm around him.  If the mob is impatient and striking Jason the moment they see him, of course blocking is a good choice.  However, if they are just spacing you out and waited for Jason to commit to something, then there is little purpose to CS, especially if quick-block isn't reliable.

On the bright side, when they group up, Jason can strike more than one counselor, so there is that at least. The auto targeting of combat stance consistently screws me up and never targets who I want to target... But would adding an option for toggling between multiple targets be considered "new" content as it is not already there... or could it be considered a tweak? Only a lawyer could truly answer that one I guess. 
   I am still in favor of getting rid of combat stance entirely and just mapping a button for block and heavy attack... but I understand why others do not want this. I do not use a controller, so I have no idea how it would work with one... would they even have enough free buttons to remap this?

Thanks @Tommy86  I may have the same issue as @Redcat345 as I am on PC and use keyboard and mouse... but practice makes perfect. The direction you give on the video are what I was doing... perhaps it just works better with a controller. I will keep practicing.
    Also, I love it when they dodge left.... directly into my swing.
   Also... I like the idea of an auto refill on knives for Jason... but it could seem a bit too over powered. How about his knives can never fall below one... with a longer recharge before throwing as long as you do not have more than one knife. Or... after using the last knife... Jason only has access to extra knives when facing more than one counselor... still with a longer recharge?.... just... ideas.

@Redcat345 Tommy86 explained how to use aim assist for quick throws... Myself, I hold aim, stare at the crosshairs and burn their position into my brain... and keep the counselor in that spot when chasing them (or preparing to fight)... tap and release when they are not zig zagging (or blocking) at fairly close range. If you have good reflexes, and can keep them in the crosshairs, it is hard to miss. Offline bots is still a great place to practice this when chasing a bot... it helps a lot.
   For the knife-grab...The instant they start an attack is the time to tap that button (keep them in that spot where the crosshairs come up on your screen)... the knife will interrupt their attack and they are literally walking into your slash or grab. If they are using swift attacker, you pretty much have to do the quick throw as they turn to attack, with proper timing, it still beats even the best swift attacker perk. It takes some practice... but it works great. Use whichever method you are most comfortable with.