Sign in to follow this  
Skeptically_Annoyed

Who has saw the Grendel Map video release and what are thoughts?

I just saw that a facebook page titled Friday the 13th the game France has released a 20 minute video of a walkthrough of the Grendel Map. Most of it is being explored by the different Jasons. I thought it looked really good. It seemed like it was complete as well. Anyone have any thoughts on seeing the map and video?

There's a lot that wasn't complete with the map if you're going by what's in that video. The fact that Jason needs to slash his way up the stairs being a glaring problem.

Oh is that the video I posted forever ago? I thought the take down notice on it was still in effect. Maybe it was just reuploaded? If you could send me the link in a pm I'd be grateful.

Grendel was far from complete. My guess is work was halted on it quite a while back, as judging from the state of it I think even a mid-July release (had the lawsuit not interfered) would've been a stretch to finish it up.

if its the video im thinking of it looked like it would have been fun to play, an i found it hilarious to see basic cabin doors where the sliding doors were suppose to be, it was just placeholders but it was still funny

I loved what was there of it. It looked claustrophobic and maze-like, something I think would have absolutely been needed for variety’s sake.

4 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

I loved what was there of it. It looked claustrophobic and maze-like, something I think would have absolutely been needed for variety’s sake.

Me too! It looked it would've been fun. I even liked the ending where Tommy left, and dropped off to what I'm assuming is Earth 2.

There is an article about it on comicbook.com with some interesting info about the map.

" The creator of Friday the 13th: The Game said that the plan was to have the Grendel map and Uber Jason out in mid-July, so it’d about be time for the content to release now if the legal situation hadn’t put a stop to any new released that Gun Media was working on. The map would’ve had a different intro as well with whatever Jason variant players picked killing someone in the spaceship’s control room, thus setting off alarms and scattering the Counselors.

As for killing Jason on this map, players would’ve had to utilize a portal to Crystal Lake that featured a condensed version of the map. From there, players could head into Jason’s cabin like normal so they could acquire the sweater and kill him in the same way that you would on any other map. Instead of the police arriving, an escape pot would allow players a way to leave Grendel and win the game if it were called.

Keltner added that the map would’ve been both the last map and a huge one. He told the Facebook page that even if players experience the map several times, it still wouldn’t feel like they’d seen the whole thing."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

Above quote

That sounded like it was gonna be the best map. It's such a shame everything transpired the way it did, I bet the devs, pubs and all the fans were really pissed off when they found out it wouldn't be released :(

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

That sounded like it was gonna be the best map. It's such a shame everything transpired the way it did, I bet the devs, pubs and all the fans were really pissed off when they found out it wouldn't be released :(

It was. A part of me wishes that Wes hadn't mentioned that it was intended as the last map, considering that just stings a little more in my opinion. I was hoping for more great things to come (naturally, maps) before everything transpired, y'know, thinking about what was next. But I guess I'm glad I won't have to continue wondering that just a little bit more.

Sounds like it would have been a cool map. I have mixed feelings on the portal idea, because a spaceship was used in the film to escape.

I don't like the sweater idea, the jettison into Earth 2's atmosphere should have been used.

I am not happy this would have been the last map, because I wanted Camp Forest Green, SS Lazarus & Manhattan, part 7 map, and the abandoned camp/ part 8 houseboat map.

• Like 1

Not that it matters now, but saying it would've been the last map only gives credence to people like Pappus who more or less predicted that even if the lawsuit wasn't in the way that the game was going to die content wise this year no matter what.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Ya think?  ;)

8 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Ya think?  ;)

Kinda stating the obvious I know but I don't think there was anyone who was like "yes! It's cancelled! Awesome" lol

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Kinda stating the obvious I know but I don't think there was anyone who was like "yes! It's cancelled! Awesome" lol

There were a lot People who hate Jason X , so they automatically hated the Idea of Grendel.

I think it would have been fun and I really wanted the face smash kill in liquid nitrogen. 

Wait….but what About ''Lazurus''? It has obviously something to do with the S.S. Lazarus.....so you think it was something in Singleplayer? Another Virtual cabin Lookalike? A short Story mode? A SPC?

I think that ship has sunk and we will never know. 

8 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Wait….but what About ''Lazurus''? It has obviously something to do with the S.S. Lazarus.....so you think it was something in Singleplayer? Another Virtual cabin Lookalike? A short Story mode? A SPC?

1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

There were a lot People who hate Jason X , so they automatically hated the Idea of Grendel.

Jason X (the movie) was hot garbage, but more game content is never a bad thing. I mean, I despise the idea of Uber Jason, but as a playable in-game character he certainly looked cool, as did the Grendel map.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Jason X (the movie) was hot garbage, but more game content is never a bad thing. I mean, I despise the idea of Uber Jason, but as a playable in-game character he certainly looked cool, as did the Grendel map.

Yeah but some People hate him because they hate the movie. This is probably the reason why Part IX gets rarely played. 

But I love Jason X. My 4th/5th favorite actually.

Why would that have been the last map? There were more source maps to pull from and I'm sure some could have been imagined. To me, maps are more important than characters and I always thought that should have been the focus of upgrades and/or DLC. 

1 minute ago, brandon29 said:

Why would that have been the last map? There were more source maps to pull from and I'm sure some could have been imagined. To me, maps are more important than characters and I always thought that should have been the focus of upgrades and/or DLC. 

Money?...

Wes has some explaining to do, last map. Wtf. 

Editted, Wes never said it was the last map, it is a made up quote