Sign in to follow this  
Skeptically_Annoyed

Who has saw the Grendel Map video release and what are thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Graverob said:

The interview from wes was just him talking about the Grendel map and what it would've been like. He never says anything about a video that is leaked. That was just thrown in there by the website to get people to click on it.

Ok I thought the video was from the f13 game Facebook.....

it may be fake....

I will tag @ShiftySamurai and ask him

is the video in Big daddy j post an actual unfinished video of the Grendel map ?

5 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Ok I thought the video was from the f13 game Facebook.....

it may be fake....

I will tag @ShiftySamurai and ask him

is the video in Big daddy j post an actual unfinished video of the Grendel map ?

I sent out tweets to Wes Keltner, F13 support, and Gun Media over the last hour trying to get any kind of confirmation if the video is real. Like I said, if they come back and confirm that the video is real and not a mod I'll gladly come back and admit that I was wrong.

58 minutes ago, Graverob said:

Remember several months ago when everyone was convinced that this was the real Grendel map, then it turned out to be totally fake? 

What? This was not fake, it was from an early build. And the video from the Facebook is also real, it is the same design simply more polished. I know for a fact it’s real, because I know for a fact it’s in the game files and how to access it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graverob said:

Remember several months ago when everyone was convinced that this was the real Grendel map, then it turned out to be totally fake? 

Yeeeeeaaaahhhh, that wasn't fake either. That was literally in the game files.

Have aspects of Friday the 13th made it into Gary's mod? Doing so would be a way to complete Grendel on our own. A working Grendel map in Gary's mod would be legit

10 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

Actually no, this is the article i quoted: http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/07/08/friday-the-13th-the-game-grendel-map-video/

I LOVE Jason X. It's stupid, sure, but a lot of these movies are stupid. It's a helluva lot of fun to watch. And it has one of the best kills in the whole series.

*Sigh* No he doesn't. No other maps were ever promised. The entitlement on this board, seriously.

I gues there are people with entitlement on the board but i think a good few people were just hoping they'd had in all possible maps, some of us are just completionists that want everthing possible, it's almost a mental tic when you see that Part's 6-9 are in the game and they don't have their corresponding map.

I mean i don't give a monkeys toss about Grendal or Uber, but i still wouldn't mind if they were there to add content to the game. I don't EXPECT the devs to do anything, i just hope that they would.

Hard to judge a video of an unfinished map but here are some of my thoughts.

Likes: Those long, narrow halls. I could picture the tension of being chased by Jason in one of those halls. Would be so intense.

The idea of escape pods would have been cool. 

That sounds like a crazy way to have to kill Jason. Would be fun to roll QP with a hunter group and try to figure it out. Its refreshing to hear new ways.

Dislikes: since it was incomplete, its hard to say this would have stayed in, but seeing the wood map asset was real bad. Also the cabin closets was cheesy. I hope they wouldnt have recycled those assets.

Curious to know if Kay would have been the hero or if they would have had Tommy in space. Or can he only go to the sim lake? All of that is confusing.

I was most saddened by the fact this was going to be "the last map" when i thought they said each Jason would have his own map. I remembered hearing that and wanted to create movie mode in private matches with friends. We all had to pick the Jason that goes with the map and only 1 counselor of each type. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Graverob said:

I saw that article and read his quote. At NO POINT does he say that what you seen in the "leaked video" was the actual map that they were working on. He simply says that they were working on a Grendal map that they were hoping to get out by some point in July, which we already knew they were working on the map from several months ago. This is something that somebody modded.

I just think they were using already developed assest for placeholder while figuring out level design, you can see where they showed Jason cutting the power so it's just a rough draft. This may not even being the latest build they were working on.  Also, we've seen other leaked content (new single player kills, underwear, Jarvis house) and it looked kinda like this. But who knows, I'm just happy I got to see something.  As bittersweet as it is, it's still cool to see the direction it was heading in.  Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll surprise us with a final drop if the lawsuit wraps up quickly. 

@Graverob , who in the world would put in so much effort just for that? All the other Things are just placeholders. If you are Right (which is most likely not the case) we would agree with you.

And also About Tommy , he could have been a hologram since they were physical. But they didn´t Mention Tommy (or did they?) so , Maybe you would have called Brodski.

The Grendal map looks like it would have made a decent basis for how a S.S. Lazarus map could work. 

17 hours ago, Graverob said:

I sent out tweets to Wes Keltner, F13 support, and Gun Media over the last hour trying to get any kind of confirmation if the video is real. Like I said, if they come back and confirm that the video is real and not a mod I'll gladly come back and admit that I was wrong.

Here is your answer then. He never talked to the magazine but his comment to another user confirms the video is real. It's footage from an old, hacked build.

On 7/9/2018 at 3:17 AM, Big Daddy J said:

There is an article about it on comicbook.com with some interesting info about the map.

" The creator of Friday the 13th: The Game said that the plan was to have the Grendel map and Uber Jason out in mid-July, so it’d about be time for the content to release now if the legal situation hadn’t put a stop to any new released that Gun Media was working on. The map would’ve had a different intro as well with whatever Jason variant players picked killing someone in the spaceship’s control room, thus setting off alarms and scattering the Counselors.

As for killing Jason on this map, players would’ve had to utilize a portal to Crystal Lake that featured a condensed version of the map. From there, players could head into Jason’s cabin like normal so they could acquire the sweater and kill him in the same way that you would on any other map. Instead of the police arriving, an escape pot would allow players a way to leave Grendel and win the game if it were called.

Keltner added that the map would’ve been both the last map and a huge one. He told the Facebook page that even if players experience the map several times, it still wouldn’t feel like they’d seen the whole thing."

reading this is depressing as fuck 

9 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

Here is your answer then. He never talked to the magazine but the video is real. It's footage from an old, hacked build.

I'm glad you posted this.

7 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

@Graverob , who in the world would put in so much effort just for that? All the other Things are just placeholders. If you are Right (which is most likely not the case) we would agree with you.

And also About Tommy , he could have been a hologram since they were physical. But they didn´t Mention Tommy (or did they?) so , Maybe you would have called Brodski.

Who would put that much effort into making mods? The same people who modded Thomas the Tank Engine and a Macho Man Randy Savage dragon into Skyrim (pretty sure those weren't in the game files) . The same people who mod entire new maps and cars in games like GTA V and Rocket League. Some people just enjoy doing stuff like that. 

3 hours ago, Graverob said:

Who would put that much effort into making mods? The same people who modded Thomas the Tank Engine and a Macho Man Randy Savage dragon into Skyrim (pretty sure those weren't in the game files) . The same people who mod entire new maps and cars in games like GTA V and Rocket League. Some people just enjoy doing stuff like that. 

The map is not fake. It's in the game's code, and Wes has stated that the video is leaked footage by a hacker. The interview with him however, is fake.

1 hour ago, Big Daddy J said:

The map is not fake. It's in the game's code, and Wes has stated that the video is leaked footage by a hacker. The interview with him however, is fake.

That’s some solid detective work right there! 

Looks like it would have been a fun map to play on definitely would need a good team to survive those long skinny hallways....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

Well never let it be said that I'm not a man of my word. I was wrong. I get passionate about this game, and I get tired of everyone bashing it at every single turn. Yes the devs have made mistakes along the way, but it doesn't deserve anywhere near all the hate that it has gotten. Even when the devs give people good news they get flooded with comments like "Your game is shit" or "You guys don't know what you're doing and the game is dead" or "You guys never lived up to all your promises, I want my money back" and I just get tired of hearing all that. It was clear that this whole story was just put out there for no other reason than to attack the devs and it's not fair to them and it's not fair to ACTUAL FANS of the game. When I say "actual fans" I mean the people that still enjoy playing this game for what it is, and not the people who have stopped playing the game months ago but just enjoy coming back and posting hate comments about a game that they don't even play anymore. Anyways, sorry for the long rant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Graverob said:

Well never let it be said that I'm not a man of my word. I was wrong. I get passionate about this game, and I get tired of everyone bashing it at every single turn. Yes the devs have made mistakes along the way, but it doesn't deserve anywhere near all the hate that it has gotten. Even when the devs give people good news they get flooded with comments like "Your game is shit" or "You guys don't know what you're doing and the game is dead" or "You guys never lived up to all your promises, I want my money back" and I just get tired of hearing all that. It was clear that this whole story was just put out there for no other reason than to attack the devs and it's not fair to them and it's not fair to ACTUAL FANS of the game. When I say "actual fans" I mean the people that still enjoy playing this game for what it is, and not the people who have stopped playing the game months ago but just enjoy coming back and posting hate comments about a game that they don't even play anymore. Anyways, sorry for the long rant. 

I couldn't agree more.  I am getting sick of all the hate…..I have a good song though up my sleeves for that….

I wish everything was like the old days where everything was fine and not a warzone.