Sign in to follow this  
Skeptically_Annoyed

Who has saw the Grendel Map video release and what are thoughts?

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Wes has some explaining to do, last map. Wtf. 

Wes has some explaining to do on a lot of things (why Uber Jason cannot be refurbished and put in the game is perhaps my favorite question). 

Not that it matters now, but I wouldn't have really cared if Grendel was the last map. It would have offered the biggest change of pace.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Money?...

Maybe. But I fell like they raised a good amount during the kickstarter and sold a ton of copies on multiple platforms. Not to mention the paid DLC. I don't know what it costs to produce a map, but it seems to me they've probably made enough to include a few more (when it was possible). 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Money?...

Double.

Edited by brandon29
Double Post.

Just now, ZillaMeister said:

Wes has some explaining to do on a lot of things (why Uber Jason cannot be refurbished and put in the game is perhaps my favorite question). 

Not that it matters now, but I wouldn't have really cared if Grendel was the last map. It would have offered the biggest change of pace.

The game isn’t even half done. This isn’t a criticism, it’s my opinion, I can think of dozens of ways to keep making money off what they built. There’s more room to grow than most people think. 

We have barely any items, no new objectives, missing maps that were fully funded and a handful of characters ie. Pamela, wheelchair Counselor, or a new hero. So much isn’t in the game that should be, it’s actually ridiculous. 

This is pathetic, I’m so utterly disappointed in the pubs. People, fans have given the hundreds of pages of suggestions, and their just done, what a waste. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, brandon29 said:

Why would that have been the last map? There were more source maps to pull from and I'm sure some could have been imagined. To me, maps are more important than characters and I always thought that should have been the focus of upgrades and/or DLC. 

Yeah , this is something that is weird. Maps are the most important Content of them all because it affects everyone and changes up many Things. 

The map was very obviously unfinished.  Jason had to swipe his weapon to go upstairs LOL

It had a claustrophobic feel and a lot of doors.  Honestly, it looked like a map that wouldn't have been a whole lot of fun to play. 

45 minutes ago, brandon29 said:

Why would that have been the last map?

Well, even without the lawsuit Gun wasn't going to support the game forever...

Probably would've been the best map in the game...

I'm not happy that this would've been the last map, i wanted to see the SS Lazzarus, Manhattan, Voorhess Manor(Part 9), or an original map added to the game. 

• Like 1

I know that maps are the most challenging and time-consuming thing to design, but people would certainly not have minded paying for them as DLC. How would that work, you ask? As much as I hate referencing PAYDAY 2's model, but they way they do it is to allow anyone to play the maps, but they can only be played as long as the host owns that DLC map. Granted, this works with their P2P system, and not dedicated servers, but TBH dedis aren't something I particularly care about in the long-term because I'd rather have the frustration of connection errors rather than not having the ability to play the game at all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shodan said:

Here's the link to the article

https://gamerant.com/friday-the-13th-jason-x-map/

Actually no, this is the article i quoted: http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/07/08/friday-the-13th-the-game-grendel-map-video/

7 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Yeah but some People hate him because they hate the movie. This is probably the reason why Part IX gets rarely played. 

But I love Jason X. My 4th/5th favorite actually.

I LOVE Jason X. It's stupid, sure, but a lot of these movies are stupid. It's a helluva lot of fun to watch. And it has one of the best kills in the whole series.

6 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Wes has some explaining to do, last map. Wtf. 

*Sigh* No he doesn't. No other maps were ever promised. The entitlement on this board, seriously.

I REALLY don't understand why ANYONE would think that this footage is real?! There are tons of red flags in the 1st 2 minutes of watching the gameplay that basically proves that is is a mod that someone did and not "leaked footage" that everyone keeps saying that it is. Let's go over a few of those red flags, first listen to the way that Jason walks in the footage, does is sound familiar? It sounds like he is walking on dirt. Now anyone who has played the game will know that when Jason walks around outside it sounds different than when he walks inside. There's NO WAY that they would have that sound when he is walking around inside a spaceship. Next thing is that there are cabin doors in some of the main hallways, and I don't mean doors that are on a spaceship that you can break through, I mean CABIN DOORS! Why would there be random cabin doors in a hallway? A few of them aren't even leading anywhere. Next up, does it seem strange that the power boxes that we would use to cut the power on a futuristic spaceship look EXACTLY THE SAME as the ones we use in a 80's summer camp? Don't you think they would've changed the look of them at least a little bit? I can go on and on but you get my point. I would love to believe that this is real, but the fact is that IT'S NOT REAL! We've seen people do mods on fake JASON X maps before and they look exactly the same as this. In fact I'll go a step farther that say that the other modded Jason X maps actually look way better than this. Don't believe everything that some random gaming website tells you people. They never bother looking up the facts on anything.

19 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

There is an article about it on comicbook.com with some interesting info about the map.

" The creator of Friday the 13th: The Game said that the plan was to have the Grendel map and Uber Jason out in mid-July, so it’d about be time for the content to release now if the legal situation hadn’t put a stop to any new released that Gun Media was working on. The map would’ve had a different intro as well with whatever Jason variant players picked killing someone in the spaceship’s control room, thus setting off alarms and scattering the Counselors.

As for killing Jason on this map, players would’ve had to utilize a portal to Crystal Lake that featured a condensed version of the map. From there, players could head into Jason’s cabin like normal so they could acquire the sweater and kill him in the same way that you would on any other map. Instead of the police arriving, an escape pot would allow players a way to leave Grendel and win the game if it were called.

Keltner added that the map would’ve been both the last map and a huge one. He told the Facebook page that even if players experience the map several times, it still wouldn’t feel like they’d seen the whole thing."

Jason X originally came out on July 24th, my guess is that was the date it would've came out

45 minutes ago, Graverob said:

I REALLY don't understand why ANYONE would think that this footage is real?! There are tons of red flags in the 1st 2 minutes of watching the gameplay that basically proves that is is a mod that someone did and not "leaked footage" that everyone keeps saying that it is. Let's go over a few of those red flags, first listen to the way that Jason walks in the footage, does is sound familiar? It sounds like he is walking on dirt. Now anyone who has played the game will know that when Jason walks around outside it sounds different than when he walks inside. There's NO WAY that they would have that sound when he is walking around inside a spaceship. Next thing is that there are cabin doors in some of the main hallways, and I don't mean doors that are on a spaceship that you can break through, I mean CABIN DOORS! Why would there be random cabin doors in a hallway? A few of them aren't even leading anywhere. Next up, does it seem strange that the power boxes that we would use to cut the power on a futuristic spaceship look EXACTLY THE SAME as the ones we use in a 80's summer camp? Don't you think they would've changed the look of them at least a little bit? I can go on and on but you get my point. I would love to believe that this is real, but the fact is that IT'S NOT REAL! We've seen people do mods on fake JASON X maps before and they look exactly the same as this. In fact I'll go a step farther that say that the other modded Jason X maps actually look way better than this. Don't believe everything that some random gaming website tells you people. They never bother looking up the facts on anything.

Except, yknow, it is real. The cabin doors are placeholders. So are the electrical boxes. The sounds that Jason's feet make probably were not finished, as they are not exactly a high priority for the map. This is still a very rough, unfinished product. It's a look at a work in progress, nothing more or less.

4 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Except, yknow, it is real. The cabin doors are placeholders. So are the electrical boxes. The sounds that Jason's feet make probably were not finished, as they are not exactly a high priority for the map. This is still a very rough, unfinished product. It's a look at a work in progress, nothing more or less.

Tell me then what exactly makes you believe that this is real? A random french facebook page says so?

Someone put on the reddit that before the last patch, some PC users had extra stuff in their menu that said "Lan Play", "Lazarus Mode", "Sandbox Mode", etc. Anyone saw these screenshots and are they real? The stuff was un-accessible but still apparently listed for a brief time

3 minutes ago, Graverob said:

Tell me then what exactly makes you believe that this is real? A random french facebook page says so?

Wes even talked to the page about the map. It's a legit look at the unfinished Grendel.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/07/08/friday-the-13th-the-game-grendel-map-video/

1 minute ago, deathbat96777 said:

Someone put on the reddit that before the last patch, some PC users had extra stuff in their menu that said "Lan Play", "Lazarus Mode", "Sandbox Mode", etc. Anyone saw these screenshots and are they real? The stuff was un-accessible but still apparently listed for a brief time

From what I have heard from those who saw it, choosing Lazarus Mode didn't do anything. I guess the sandbox mode worked though. I think what happened was they accidentally uploaded a dev build instead of the patch.

2 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Wes even talked to the page about the map. It's a legit look at the unfinished Grendel.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/07/08/friday-the-13th-the-game-grendel-map-video/

I saw that article and read his quote. At NO POINT does he say that what you seen in the "leaked video" was the actual map that they were working on. He simply says that they were working on a Grendal map that they were hoping to get out by some point in July, which we already knew they were working on the map from several months ago. This is something that somebody modded.

Just now, Graverob said:

This is something that somebody modded. 

No, it really isn't. But believe whatever you want, if it makes you feel better.

Just now, Big Daddy J said:

No, it really isn't. But believe whatever you want, if it makes you feel better.

If we see an actual post from Wes Keltner saying that this video is %100 real and that was the actual map that they were working on and it comes from an interview or twitter post from him, then I'll gladly come back to this post and admit that I'm wrong. Will you be willing to do the same if I'm right though?

7 minutes ago, Graverob said:

If we see an actual post from Wes Keltner saying that this video is %100 real and that was the actual map that they were working on and it comes from an interview or twitter post from him, then I'll gladly come back to this post and admit that I'm wrong. Will you be willing to do the same if I'm right though?

It’s posted on the website with an interview with Wes .... it’s real.

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

It’s posted on the website with an interview with Wes .... it’s real.

The interview from wes was just him talking about the Grendel map and what it would've been like. He never says anything about a video that is leaked. That was just thrown in there by the website to get people to click on it.

Remember several months ago when everyone was convinced that this was the real Grendel map, then it turned out to be totally fake?