Riot_Dame

I’m not leaving but...

I’m close to because of the censorship going on here. no one’s safe to post anything they think anymore? i’ve seen posts not break any of the forum rules but because the opinion wasn’t the same as the mods it got deleted! people have given Gun crap about their work forever on this forum! but now it’s gone to “oh, you don’t like this about gun? deleted and suspended.” i’ve seen forums with thin skinned mods take more crap than the ones here. let people have their opinions and conversations with one another! are y’all really getting THAT butt hurt? also, mods PM me if you have a problem. 

• Confused 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I've been a member of many forums.  NEVER have I seen anything like this.

Give an opinion sure, however if you include insults towards the devs, forum staff or any other member it will be removed. Those have always been the rules. Maybe people's frustrations are getting the better of them I don't know. Nothing has changed in terms of enforcement. 

why do mods get to post off topic in game discussion threads right after deleting post that were off topic? 

I am 100% with you @Riot_Dame. I love this game, you know that. At the same time what the forums have become is disgusting. Mods used to tell newcomers how this is an adult video game forum and we have the right to express ourselves. Now anything seen as negstive is getting removed. There are some harsh critics and exaggerations, I get, but deleting important members' farewell comments only justifies why they left and shows thin-skinned personalities. Mods could joje with us and have fun, instead Hitler's Jugend is PMing members the rule that they can basically do or see as fit. Basically police state in America. Shoot first @JPops, @Kodiak, @GunMedia_Ben.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, JPops said:

Give an opinion sure, however if you include insults towards the devs, forum staff or any other member it will be removed. Those have always been the rules. Maybe people's frustrations are getting the better of them I don't know. Nothing has changed in terms of enforcement. 

ok, this is bullshit and you know it. y’all (you, ben, and kodiak) have been deleting posts like crazy. sure, i get some of the posts were rightfully deleted but some sure as hell weren’t. i’ve seen worst stuff posted and not deleted. some of the posts didn’t break rules but y’all just didn’t like them. you guys are just abusing your power now. it’s absolutely ridiculous! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JPops said:

And there is the problem.  You and the other mods seem to be incapable of determining what is an insult and what is not.  You and the other mods keep falling back on the words "insult", "abuse", "abusive" when anything makes you uncomfortable.  Other moderators on other forums are not doing what you are doing.  I have never seen it.  And I'm not alone.  Plenty others have noticed this as well.  I repeat, other moderators of other forums do not behave this way.  The way this place is moderated is an anomaly and everyone can see it.  Everything here is interpreted as "abusive".  I've never seen that word so many times in my life except for here.

7 minutes ago, Riot_Dame said:

ok, this is bullshit and you know it. y’all (you, ben, and kodiak) have been deleting posts like crazy. sure, i get some of the posts were rightfully deleted but some sure as hell weren’t. i’ve seen worst stuff posted and not deleted. some of the posts didn’t break rules but y’all just didn’t like them. you guys are just abusing your power now. it’s absolutely ridiculous! 

Couldn't agree more, i got a warning because quoting a mod word for word was considered inappropriate language because as he put it "It made him look bad"

If simply quoting you makes you look bad, maybe you should analyze what you say before posting. In the end i didn't say anything that was "Inappropriate" in the post that landed me the warning but hey, With Great power comes great responsibility.....and your all out of responsibility

Just now, Official_Adam_W said:

Couldn't agree more, i got a warning because quoting a mod word for word was considered inappropriate language because as he put it "It made him look bad"

If simply quoting you makes you look bad, maybe you should analyze what you say before posting. In the end i didn't say anything that was "Inappropriate" in the post that landed me the warning but hey, With Great power comes great responsibility.....and your all out of responsibility

it’s absolutely uncalled for. it’s not even moderating anymore. they’re just censoring this place. i still have yet to get a warning point. yet. 

21 minutes ago, JPops said:

My off topic thread of me being a couple with the Sacred Branch was removed. Unless I missed somebody doing something in the thread while I was at work to have it removed, I don't see why it was taken down. Was it because I tagged banned members? I was only trying to bring some humor (stupid yeah, but that's my style) to try and lighten up the mood around here, because it doesn't seem as fun around here lately.

Just now, Riot_Dame said:

it’s absolutely uncalled for. it’s not even moderating anymore. they’re just censoring this place. i still have yet to get a warning point. yet. 

Well if i can get one for simply quoting a mod then yours will come don't worry

just a little thing of note, one night i was reporting all the double post in topics, got told to stop abusing the feature, then told to just report the topics, i mean why not make the job easier for them and show them the actual post that break the rules? right?

Guess what happens the next day i get a warning point, and all my post said was, something along the lines of not if its all bad code.

you can't tell me thats not vindictive moderation right there

1 minute ago, 2moar said:

just a little thing of note, one night i was reporting all the double post in topics, got told to stop abusing the feature, then told to just report the topics, i mean why not make the job easier for them and show them the actual post that break the rules? right?

Guess what happens the next day i get a warning point, and all my post said was, something along the lines of not if its all bad code.

Maybe there is a quota they need to hit for warning points and bans and they get a treat

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 2moar said:

they were mad bc you were making them do their job. 

I mean if i were a mod, i'd rather know the post that broke the rules rather than having to search and search through topics with tons of pages. but then again i think the rules should be applied to everyone the same including mods. if one thing is ban for a user its a ban for all, not just a slap on the wrist.

7 hours ago, Riot_Dame said:

they were mad bc you were making them do their job. 

At his point with the way the censorship is going and all the hand outs of warning points, suspensions and bans who the hell knows

7 hours ago, 2moar said:

I mean if i were a mod, i'd rather know the post that broke the rules rather than having to search and search through topics with tons of pages. but then again i think the rules should be applied to everyone the same including mods. if one thing is ban for a user its a ban for all, not just a slap on the wrist.

In the real world that is how it would work but here not so much

Straight up, fuck that. I hope I dont get anyone else in trouble, but I am adult and will speak to other adults as if they were adults and not children. Don't like it? Permaban me. I try to remain tactful in most situations, but the outrageous amount of bans and suspensions says entirely too much about this company.  Members dont make it seem like you want to cover something up, you guys do. 

This is beyond a transparency issue, this is now a dictatorship. Fall in line or go elsewhere. Even your most dedicated players arent welcome. This will all bode well for future game sales fellows. 

1 minute ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Straight up, fuck that. I hope I dont get anyone else in trouble, but I am adult and will speak to other adults as if they were adults and not children. Don't like it? Permaban me. I try to remain tactful in most situations, but the outrageous amount of bans and suspensions says entirely too much about this company.  Members dont make it seem like you want to cover something up, you guys do. 

This is beyond a transparency issue, this is now a dictatorship. Fall in line or go elsewhere. Even your most dedicated players arent welcome. This will all bode well for future game sales fellows. 

Couldn't have said it any better myself

5 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

they have ruined their reputation with the shit they’ve been pulling recently. all the shit they’ve been pulling in game, on forum, reddit, etc. it’s starting to feel like they really don’t care anymore. they won’t even release a statement. 

Just now, Riot_Dame said:

they have ruined their reputation with the shit they’ve been pulling recently. all the shit they’ve been pulling in game, on forum, reddit, etc. it’s starting to feel like they really don’t care anymore. they won’t even release a statement. 

I heard someone else say they may be doing it on purpose to drive the players away so the game can die so they can move on, based on all the actions that have happened over the last while. I don't know if that is true but just what i heard

3 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

I heard someone else say they may be doing it on purpose to drive the players away so the game can die so they can move on, based on all the actions that have happened over the last while. I don't know if that is true but just what i heard

they can kill the game off, but all the players they’ve pissed off will make sure to spread how bad of a company they are. not good at fixing games they release way too early. they made their bed...

you notice how they've been really really stressing, they are a game concept and publisher only lately, seems like they are really trying to distance themselves from this.

4 minutes ago, Riot_Dame said:

they can kill the game off, but all the players they’ve pissed off will make sure to spread how bad of a company they are. not good at fixing games they release way too early. they made their bed...

In the end ya i don't think things will end well

Some of the anger here is exactly what leads to removed content. What do I mean by that? I mean the mentality of "us vs them" the "I don't care if I get banned" this all leads to anger taking front stage and clouding judgement. It happens, in regard to removing of items; I can't speak of every item that is removed because I can only speak for me and what I see day in and day out. 

It has been very tense here lately, I know people are upset. I like to see conversation and people's thoughts. However lately I have not been seeing any of that. I've seen yelling, insulting and just over the top actions here. 

I could just remove stuff and not comment on your posts but I have been trying to make it around and point out why stuff is being removed. I don't want to read through pages of yelling and you don't want to either. I get some are venting and that is fine you can vent, hell it's been done in the past. The difference I see between now and then are just the attitudes behind them which leads to posts made without care.

I may have wrote all of this for nothing, it might mean zero to you. I've known a lot of you for quite some time but I figured maybe coming to interact with everyone would be beneficial. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JPops said:

I may have wrote all of this for nothing, it might mean zero to you.  

yep, there is another thread i could link to but i wont