Riot_Dame

I’m not leaving but...

3 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Then get to the bloody point and tell me what it is you keep pestering for. Stop beating about the bush and wasting my time.

"This is about showing why things happened" well clearly it's not because I addressed that.

"Mods shouldn't be posting in goodbye topics" I addressed that as well.

"I'd assume mods have interaction with Gun staff", yes we do but we're not your personal message bearers. If they want to talk to you they will when they want to, I'm not going to pester any of them on anyone else's behalf.

Stop being cryptic and tell me what exactly it is you keep complaining about that I apparently keep missing. If you want an answer then tell me what your problem is; I'm not playing a guessing game of 'Guess the issue if you get it right because 2moar says you're an idiot if you don't'.

Jesus, my point is that because people saw Jpops go off in a topic and get a slap on the wrist, not saying this is what happened, but its what people have seen, that it has helped create more a divide and bolster the  us vs them mentality that has already been around. people see mods saying the rule are the rules, but what they've seen in public hasn't shown that. 

just because you dont get it, it doesnt mean its cryptic as other users have said i've been crystal clear. 

and i said i'd assume you had contact with gun because, its seems like they would, you would like them know why the community is in uproar, and I was just giving you a major reason why its happening.

I've made this as simple as i can for you, spelled it out in multiple post, had other users get it and say its clear. I don't know what else i can do to help you understand, And at this point I have to believe that you just dont want to, or are just ignoring it to just ignore it. Because I refuse to believe that you can't understand.

and the point about mods posting in going away topics isn't about them saying stuff about deleting post, its more them fanning the flames by going after users and not just letting them leave peacefully. If you guys want to continue to fuel the uproar, no big deal to me, but stop freaking bitching about, when you are causing some of it.

I have bolded important parts to make it easier for you.

And I've formatted it to make it less of an eye sore to read with the big block capitals in bold.

Your point is Jpops 'went off in a topic', what do you want me to say about it exactly? You want me to speak on Jpops behalf or the admins behalf or something? We know the reasons people are getting angry, but we mods can't fix them. I'm trying to address everyone's concerns by taking hours out of my day here, in this thread and others to get stuff straight. Taking your anger out on us is making things worse.

I said "fine by me, if getting a warning is causing you this much of an issue then perhaps forums aren't for you". That's not being mean, that's just being blunt. I'm allowed to post things other than what is required of me as a mod, so that's a problem that you're going to have to deal with if it bothers you so much. Apparently everyone else can say "fuck you, hope you die" etc etc to me by PM's and I can't say the equivalent of "fine by me, off you go" because it's "fanning the flames". You're the only person who's had any problem with it, and there isn't even a problem there. This is you trying to make one out of one single post.

54 minutes ago, 2moar said:

Jesus, my point is that because people saw Jpops go off in a topic and get a slap on the wrist, not saying this is what happened, but its what people have seen, that it has helped create more a divide and bolster the  us vs them mentality that has already been around. people see mods saying the rule are the rules, but what they've seen in public hasn't shown that. 

:(I'd like to correct a glaring misstatement that I'm hoping you've made in error. People saw a portion of a private message between JPops and another user that was posted by that user with the clear intent to create conflict in the community on his way out. JPops did not go off on a topic, nor was his comment an uninstigated swipe at an otherwise unassuming member. He was exasperated after being berated by that member in messages that were conveniently not included in the screenshot, and he lost his cool, (pretty mildly, I might add, compared the hatred that was piled upon him in the thread that screenshot appeared). If what has been made visible from that exchange had been a public conversation between two random members, I would have stepped into that thread and encourage both members to calm down. I would not have taken any disciplinary action.

However, this exchange occurred in private. It was dragged into public view with the intent to cause harm to JPops and the community. Sharing the private message was a violation of rules in and of itself, but the decision was made to allow it to remain since the damage had already been done. Now we have members using that as a rallying cry to take on the moderation team as a whole, essentially giving that departing member what he wanted. Please quit fanning those flames, @2moar.

• Like 4

All i can do is laugh at this, if anyone has been angry in this topic its been you. And to say you know why people are angry is a joke too, because anyone can see by you post that you dont get it, and I hope this little banter back and forth will show that to people. Hell it would be easier talking to a brick wall because at least i know for a fact that is dense.

And its not just about that one post, that was an example of one just one,  If you can't see why other post might be fanning the flames, then hell, i feel sorry that you. But yeah sure, its just about that one post, even though i've said post like this, and never its just that one. I'm not the only person who has had a problem, i'm just the only one willing to engage with you about it.

and telling me to quit fanning the flames, ok there.  And frankly its pretty messed up that if 2 users are having a private argument in PM's that a mod will pop up in said messages and tell them to stop.

You've stated my exact point, people are using that as reason for outcry, and I was trying to show why they are, I've never said hey fuck the mods, look at this. I've said hey people see this, this way. 

SMDH

1 hour ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

If what has been made visible from that exchange had been a public conversation between two random members, I would have stepped into that thread and encourage both members to calm down. I would not have taken any disciplinary action. 

1 hour ago, 2moar said:

and telling me to quit fanning the flames, ok there.  And frankly its pretty messed up that if 2 users are having a private argument in PM's that a mod will pop up in said messages and tell them to stop.

I'm not sure if you're not reading and just skimming or if you're intentionally changing what I said to suit your point, but I clearly said "public conversation", not PMs. @Kodiak asked you to clarify your point. You made it about JPops. I clarified the situation, now you're saying it's not about that. It's hard to address your concerns if you keep changing your statements about what your concerns are.

I was combing my post as you're post popped up mid reply, so i might have obscured some of what i was trying to say,

so yes there was 2 different points about 2 different situations. the First one being about what people think about the jpop situation and another situation that I and other users have been made aware of, but since it happened in private situation, i tried to keep it vague, so the users involved didn't have their privacy invaded anymore so than it already has been.

My concern has never changed at all, its about how the users see the mods, and how the mods are reacting, and the divide that is there and how its not getting better. But if you need to have that narrative that's ok, if it makes you feel better, good.

8 minutes ago, 2moar said:

But if you need to have that narrative that's ok, if it makes you feel better, good.

:(Did you believe that sentence was productive to reaching a resolution when you typed it?

• Like 1

@2moar what happened with JP is over and done with, and was a private matter. It should be of no further concern to you or anyone else. People can have their opinions on it if they want, even though they probably only see half the story. It doesn't however mean that people can use it as an excuse to attack us, we won't put up with that.

I think this thread is about done now, every point has been addressed and we've told you what we can. If there's something else that is seriously bothering anyone, then they can PM me or any of the other staff.

3 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Did you believe that sentence was productive to reaching a resolution when you typed it?

what resolution am i trying to get? I'm defending my post, when you infer stuff about my post, can i not infer back about yours?

And never once did i say it was an excuse kodiak, I just said, here is why people dont trust or like you guys, not that the should be using that for anything. Just point out something that happened in a public topic, that had public response from shifty about it. And frankly as long as that topic is still up and readable its going to keep getting brought up, and hell, lets be honest, even if it went away enough people know about and will still site it.

7 minutes ago, 2moar said:

what resolution am i trying to get? I'm defending my post, when you infer stuff about my post, can i not infer back about yours?

My posts here have been an attempt to reach a resolution. If you are not working towards a resolution, are you just arguing for the sake of it? I'm not interested in an argument. It's unproductive towards bridging the divide you're describing. You've stated your case. We've asked for clarification. We've addressed your clarification. You've mocked us for it. We have declined to return mockery for mockery.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

what case, all i've done is point out the way you guys are viewed, i've not tired to argue anything.

I've said people have trust issue because of this and that, etc. And all i've gotten is pretty terse responses, and accused of intentionally trying to move the goal post. But i can see you guys have blinders on, not about every issue, but definitely some. 

And I only inferred when you inferred, but if you call that mockery, please get some thicker skin if you continue to mod here or elsewhere.

if you thought is was an agreement, thats not on me.

If i wanted any resolution, which i never was asking for, it would have been pretty dang simple. It would have been the mods saying, you know what yeah, i can see why people see us that way.

We know how we're viewed. We know what people think that's making them think like this (currently). It's not going to be the same way forever, it's just there's been an awful lot going on. How we're viewed still won't change how we do things though.

Just to start off, I didn't read all four pages of this post so if this was brought up, forgive me. I just wanted to say that I get some users frustration for stuff getting wiped or bans being handed out. Keep in mind though that uniformity can be difficult to expect when there's six different people making judgement calls on what they consider appropriate punishment. No differently than when people complain about referees in the sports. Some refs call things tight and expect rigid rules following, others allow the players to control the game and give more leniency. Try to understand also that lately it's been a major avalanche of shit talk and negative pub. Not saying it's unwarranted, but the weight of dealing it can start to drain a person's patience down after a while. Similar to a cop in a rough neighborhood. He might have been upbeat and chipper when he first joined, but after a while stress and negativity will wear down even the hardest of minds. Also, try to think of us mods and Gun Media as two separate entities. Us mods are just hired fans that do this as volunteers; we're not paid representatives of Gun. I do this randomly when work is slow, others might do it when the kids are finally to bed, or just before they get ready to go to sleep. Our time to devote to this is very finite, and therefore sometimes it's just easier to squash something that's clearly heading towards becoming an issue rather than babysit it. Not expecting any sympathy, just giving you an idea of what it's like on the other side. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hopefully this doesnt  come across too harsh, but dang finally someone who really gets it, good post Ralph.

21 hours ago, Riot_Dame said:

@DamonD7 I miss you, buddy. wya. 

Still logging in every day, still reading and modding, still posting almost every day. Nine times on Monday. Still here, man :)

For this thread, I simply think my fellow mods have said it all and I didn't have much fresh to add apart from my Likes.

The bad news from a month ago got a lot of people riled up. Naturally...if people didn't care, they wouldn't be coming here. Some were dismayed but have rallied. Some found it too big an obstacle, or a final straw, to continue. A handful already had axes to grind anyway. It's people, and people are different. A heightened environment like that is going to make everything magnified and a whole bunch of frustration is around. I can't undersell how much of a ramp-up in activity there's been over this past month, compared to the previous year or so I've been a mod.

I can understand why it's happening. I keep it in mind for my own moderating, trying to balance some leeway for people. I also keep in mind that moderating is always a position where you're there to get shot at some times and some will always be unhappy with you simply because you're in that position.

So long as the conversations and discussions keep on flowing in a productive way, a forum is fulfilling its purpose.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Still logging in every day, still reading and modding, still posting almost every day. Nine times on Monday. Still here, man :)

For this thread, I simply think my fellow mods have said it all and I didn't have much fresh to add apart from my Likes.

The bad news from a month ago got a lot of people riled up. Naturally...if people didn't care, they wouldn't be coming here. Some were dismayed but have rallied. Some found it too big an obstacle, or a final straw, to continue. A handful already had axes to grind anyway. It's people, and people are different. A heightened environment like that is going to make everything magnified and a whole bunch of frustration is around. I can't undersell how much of a ramp-up in activity there's been over this past month, compared to the previous year or so I've been a mod.

I can understand why it's happening. I keep it in mind for my own moderating, trying to balance some leeway for people. I also keep in mind that moderating is always a position where you're there to get shot at some times and some will always be unhappy with you simply because you're in that position.

So long as the conversations and discussions keep on flowing in a productive way, a forum is fulfilling its purpose.

i guess other posts have been hiding yours cause i just haven’t seen any from ya. you’re very understanding. keep doing you. :)

• Like 1