Sign in to follow this  

1 minute ago, Daneasaur said:

I know what to post to kill the thread:

eo1ZHFc.png

Nuuuuu, you have called down the wrath of the vengeful Kodiak Instagram Bear with Kung fu grip! He'll be here to munch on our giblets mark my words!!

• Haha 1

@Daneasaur I was going to make the same post but you beat me to the punch. That is all correct. From memory, J9 didn't have his own music for months and they barely even acknowledged it. In regards to the other things on the list, they are very marginal and if time was required for testing - that is also a non-issue because it is falls in line with bug fixes / maintenance which is allowed to continue. 3 weeks of QA is not much if we are to believe that they intend on long-term support + dedicated servers.

If they wanted to unlock Uber, they could do that even now, with no consequences. That content was already in the game, regardless of accessibility, which is irrelevant from a legal stand point just like the Hot Coffee precedent you mentioned. So all it comes down to is they chose not to release him, presumably because it would require more work on the game than they are willing to do at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

@Daneasaur I was going to make the same post but you beat me to the punch. That is all correct. From memory, J9 didn't have his own music for months and they barely even acknowledged it. In regards to the other things on the list, they are very marginal and if time was required for testing - that is also a non-issue because it is falls in line with bug fixes / maintenance which is allowed to continue. 3 weeks of QA is not much if we are to believe that they intend on long-term support + dedicated servers.

If they wanted to unlock Uber, they could do that even now, with no consequences. That content was already in the game, regardless of accessibility, which is irrelevant from a legal stand point just like the Hot Coffee precedent you mentioned. So it all it comes down to is they chose not to release him, because it would require more work on the game than they are willing to do at this point. 

And remember that they wanted to sell us the kills, but they can't as putting something on the marketplace = "new content" and that reason alone is why they will never give him to us.

17 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

And remember that they wanted to sell us the kills, but they can't as putting something on the marketplace = "new content" and that reason alone is why they will never give him to us.

Valid point, no way of recouping cost for any additional work done. I just hope this thread doesn't get deleted like the others. People have a right to know, none of this is conspiracy theory it is simple fact. Uber was / is in the game in a near-finished state, could technically be unlocked without consequences, but never will be because...?
That's all there is to it.

• Like 2

Just now, Tommy86 said:

Valid point, no way of recouping cost for any additional work done. I just hope this thread doesn't get deleted like the others. People have a right to know, none of this is conspiracy theory it is simple fact. Uber was / is in the game, could technically be unlocked without consequences, but never will be because...?

It'll get locked and I'll likely get banned for "spreading hate speech" or something equally incorrect as the assassins-er-mods "rectify my criminal and intolerable actions that are disrupting this peaceful community".

1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

Valid point, no way of recouping cost for any additional work done. I just hope this thread doesn't get deleted like the others. People have a right to know, none of this is conspiracy theory it is simple fact. Uber was / is in the game in a near-finished state, could technically be unlocked without consequences, but never will be because...?

If they'd come out and just say "We weren't satisfied with it, deal with it" might restore an iota of respect from some people. But what do I know? Harsh truths are better than soft excuses.

Yes they knew ahead of time. And yes they chose a new engine over content. It's pretty common knowledge at this point. Currently the game is pretty broken with players having to perform actions to break the interaction lock. This has been an issue since October. Two patches in after the no content annoucement it still isn't fixed and it's getting worse. Criticize Illfonic on the fourms and your post gets deleted or you catch a ban. All this dispite every single patch breaking more then it fixes. I don't know what to tell you man. Except I wouldn't buy anything from companies who don't bother with quality assurance. 

• Like 1

I would like to point out that Wes replied to me with the same answer twice on Twitter, copypasted from the previous one. Neither of them make sense considering how easy it would be to work around things.

It’s actually massively frustrating that he cannot be in the game because reasons. Everyone I know who plays the game (and even people who don’t) want him. It would be he game’s true last hurrah and would make me actually happy about the death of the game knowing we got one last piece of awesome stuff.

The only hope I have is that he could get released this Friday the 13th (most likely the original date for release of all the Jason X content). If the date passes with no information I’m throwing in the towel.

16 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

The only hope I have is that he could get released this Friday the 13th (most likely the original date for release of all the Jason X content). If the date passes with no information I’m throwing in the towel.

You can throw in the towel right now. It will never happen. 
"There will be no additional content added to Friday the 13th: The Game. This includes “Uber Jason”, The Grendel Map, Jason Kill Packs, Clothing, Emotes and new Counselors."
Link

4 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

You can throw in the towel right now. It will never happen. 
"There will be no additional content added to Friday the 13th: The Game. This includes “Uber Jason”, The Grendel Map, Jason Kill Packs, Clothing, Emotes and new Counselors."
Link

Yeah I’ve seen that. I’m hopelessly optimistic. My train of thought has lead me to think that maybe their deafening silence means something.

In any case, you are assuradly correct. It’s just horrible though. Hard to accept.

4 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

Yeah I’ve seen that. I’m hopelessly optimistic. My train of thought has lead me to think that maybe their deafening silence means something.

In any case, you are assuradly correct. It’s just horrible though. Hard to accept.

the silence has never meant anything before, other than a new community manager is being hired, and i dont think thats the case now

21 minutes ago, EarthQuake said:

I want uber Jason more than a fat kid wants cake! Make it happen!

With all that's going on with the game, you'd be better off with the cake. I'll ask my wife to bake you one.

The worst aspect was using several key “countdown to doomsday” months on the engine upgrade over finishing the new content. Knowing this could happen, I’d have had all hands on deck for as much new content as possible. Then if this legal crap happened, which it did, they could focus on upgrades graphics engine as that isn’t new content. Just too back asswards. This time would have been the perfect time for it along with the bug patches. 

Hindsight is 20/20, but even a blind man can plan for the future ahead. Awful use of time and resources.