Sign in to follow this  

So watching a video on YouTube earlier, a claim was made about Illfonic and Gun Media knowing about the deadline regarding the lawsuit affecting them. Instead of prioritizing unreleased 'PROMISED' content, they focused on the dedicated servers. In short if this is true, we go screwed out of Uber Jason and grendel which could have been released even incomplete and needing fixes. As I said I don't know how true this is, but if there is ANY truth to it, I am deeply disappointed. So I put it to you my fellow counselors, my fellow hockey mask bearer's; how do you feel if this is true?

• Like 1

Note: This is not an attack thread on Illfonic, Gun Media, or even Sean Cunningham. This is simply a debate thread, I want the opinions of my Fellow F13ers. Does this change anything? No, but we're a community who love and support this game, everything it is; so no fighting.

1 minute ago, GraveKeeper said:

or even the man making the lawsuit (I always forget his name).

His name is Sean Cunningham.

1 minute ago, zmccain said:

IBTL

I'm sure there are many threads, but I just watched the youtube video today, so I thought I'd discuss it with my fellows on here, I'm not attempting to start a fight.

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think telling people not to fight might have the exact opposite effect.

welcome to the Forum by the way. 

I'm not new, I've just never posted often.

This topic is going to show you just how divided the community is. Many people would rather have the game fixed first before new content, and others would appreciate new content that could be fixed later. I belong to the latter. I would love to have Uber Jason and new maps even if they were glitched. This game has been glitched since release so it's not like new content would've changed that. Then they could've focused on fixing the game altogether so when new patches and content came it didn't break all over again. Even now the game is still very playable to me and I have so much fun each time I play. So I would've loved to have seen what they had come up with.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

This topic is going to show you just how divided the community is. Many people would rather have the game fixed first before new content, and others would appreciate new content that could be fixed later. I belong to the latter. I would love to have Uber Jason and new maps even if they were glitched. This game has been glitched since release so it's not like new content would've changed that. Then they could've focused on fixing the game altogether so when new patches and content came it didn't break all over again. Even now the game is still very playable to me and I have so much fun each time I play. So I would've loved to have seen what they had come up with.

I agree, so I guess this states where I stand. I understand we are a community divided, and saddened. But we are a community, a community that helped make the game possible. This game, is a game of passion if nothing else. A passion for games, a passion for fun, a passion for F13th.

I have been waiting for Uber Jason since day one of release. Even with my Savini Jason which is one of the greatest designs and backstory's ever; I have always wanted Uber. Losing him is a huge blow to me, as I'm sure it is to many of us.

I was pretty disappointed with the game not giving us the sleep ware, it was leaked like 6 months ago. And the devs didn’t give it to us.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GraveKeeper said:

Note: This is not an attack thread on Illfonic, Gun Media, or even Sean Cunningham. This is simply a debate thread, I want the opinions of my Fellow F13ers. Does this change anything? No, but we're a community who love and support this game, everything it is; so no fighting.

unfortunately having an opinion here is against the rules, its very fine print

21 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

I was pretty disappointed with the game not giving us the sleep ware, it was leaked like 6 months ago. And the devs didn’t give it to us.

Also Paranoia mode which seemed really, really fun.

52 minutes ago, GraveKeeper said:

So watching a video on YouTube earlier, a claim was made about Illfonic and Gun Media knowing about the deadline regarding the lawsuit affecting them. Instead of prioritizing unreleased 'PROMISED' content, they focused on the dedicated servers. In short if this is true, we go screwed out of Uber Jason and grendel which could have been released even incomplete and needing fixes. As I said I don't know how true this is, but if there is ANY truth to it, I am deeply disappointed. So I put it to you my fellow counselors, my fellow hockey mask bearer's; how do you feel if this is true?

I think the leaks show us that they spent a lot of time and money on it already, so I can only imagine they had all the intentions to give it to us. If the abandonment was poor planning, lack of funds, simple ineptitude, lack of morale, or they were really just taken off guard by the whole thing, then all the same, I just feel disappointed we won't have it. But I'm still not convinced this was some sort of intentional abandonment, based on nothing more than speculative dates and speculative legalities surrounding what they were allowed to do and when. Maybe poor planning... maybe ineptitude on their part... MAYBE... but honestly, I'm not qualified to make that judgment, as I have no insight into what they're doing behind the scenes, and though I have friends in the gaming industry, I have no experience working in it. 

The only thing I can really fault them for is lack of clear, explicit communication in a timely manner. I wasn't an early backer, so I've never demanded that of them, but seeing how passionate a lot of the early backers are, it seems to me, based on nothing more than observations here and social media, that it could have saved a lot of ill feelings. But, it is what it is.

I do hold out hope that one day, probably closer to 5+ years from now if we're going to actually be bitterly realistic (but realistic nonetheless), the license will again be available, and someone -- Gun or someone else -- will recall how successful in terms of sales this game was, and want to take it on. (Similar to the BATTLEFRONT revival.) But, again, we have to be realistic. The lawsuit could go on for years. And then the license needs to be granted. Then the game needs to be developed. 

Until then, I hope this game can last as a F13 fix, so I hope Gun follows through on their promise to keep it running and keep the maintenance and patches coming. 

But... I have to wonder if they won't try to slip away as quickly and cleanly as possible just to get away from the constant barrage of angry gamers, and hope they never see another hockey mask for as long as they live. 

• Like 1

I feel that they should have released what they had for this game when they could have and then worked on repairs. I don’t think that they needed the engine upgrade as that also could have been done at a later date.  It what does it matter. They don’t care and until it starts hitting their pockets they won’t. They have a new game coming out that they partnered with and then they will probably done with Friday. “Thank you backers for believing in us and standing by us while we build the ultimate Friday the 13th experience”. We just won’t finish it.

While it is always nice to have content continiously rolling in, I prefer to have what is already out now fixed up and more presentable. It sucks that we aren't getting Uber/Grendel and other DLCs but fixing the game will definitely go a long way, atleast to me. I also understand and respect the opinions of everyone else on this matter so definitely won't be any attacks on anyone from me. 

• Like 1

I'm only a bit disappointed primarily because of the completionist in me. It's sour grapes but eventually you either make peace with it or don't. Can't say it didn't at least tarnish my view of these developers a bit.

It's been said a dozen times but knowing what they did in regards to the lawsuit/deadline they should have focused on getting the new content out first and doing bug fixes later.  Am I disappointed in no new content?  Yes.  But what bothers me more is the mother fucking host quitting every God damn match!!!  That and the lag and the bugs.  Uber Jason?  Not so much.

Edit:  Surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet due to "clutter" on the boards.  We DO have existing threads addressing this topic.

for me,i'm sad we aren't getting UberJason and the Grendal map.I really wanted to use both of those alot.It would have been nice,since it was already stated long ago we were never getting the versions of Jason from Freddy vs Jason and the Friday The 13th remake.As a result,it looked like UberJason was going to be the last playable Jason we were going to get,so not getting after it still sucks no matter what.But at least they'll be working to fix the bugs,both the previous ones,and the new ones we just got with the last update.

I see everyone is still passionate; that does take the sting out for me. The passionate community, I was a backer somewhat, I paid through backer for Savini (I am not really in a position to donate money). But I did supply something, THAT does NOT make my opinion more important then anyone else's; I want to make that clear. But as soon as I was able to load the game I did, found a great group, day after day, bugs or not we had FUN. I haven't really enjoyed a multiplayer in some time, but I enjoyed every second with that group.

56 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I'm only a bit disappointed primarily because of the completionist in me. It's sour grapes but eventually you either make peace with it or don't. Can't say it didn't at least tarnish my view of these developers a bit.

I'm with @The Doctor here(Though the Completionist in me would have prefered Pre-Uber to be released Simultaneously with Uber or before for all the Jasons we could have), my opionion has been soured by the Devs, though i don't COMPLETELY subscribe to the views of the likes of Pappus and so on, i feel there was a level of incompetance at GUN or at the least, and more kinder view, they simply bit of more than they could chew with this IP

2 hours ago, GraveKeeper said:

It's all true. Also, by law, Uber Jason IS in the game, so they could fix the few things around him (released or not means jack shit, the content in the product, open to the public or not, still counts IE: Hot coffee and the legal battle done around that).

But nope. unnecessary engine "upgrade" and 40+ emotes.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

It's all true. Also, by law, Uber Jason IS in the game, so they could fix the few things around him (released or not means jack shit, the content in the product, open to the public or not, still counts IE: Hot coffee and the legal battle done around that).

But nope. unnecessary engine "upgrade" and 40+ emotes.

Yes , but @wes said there's a lot of things missing well you know the deal.

12 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Quick cover it up! Can’t be true if the post no longer exists. ?