I have been put in the salt mines five times over the course of this weekend, and am extremely fed up with how broken the system is. My game tends to crash after a good 5-7 matches, and, as I only play as the host to avoid quitters, it inevitably puts me in the salt mines after a crash. This is unacceptable. I’ve been subjected to way too much to be put in a “time-out” due to system crashing. Is there a fix coming to this issue? It has made the game begin to be unplayable as the last two nights I lagged out and was then unable to join into a match. Are the developers trying to kill off their player base? Please fix this for the good of the community.

The salt mines suck. Connection errors shouldn’t count as salt. And leaving after you died shouldn’t give you salt. 

2 minutes ago, Yoshman2523 said:

The salt mines suck. Connection errors shouldn’t count as salt. And leaving after you died shouldn’t give you salt. 

Leaving after you die doesn't give you salt.

• Thanks 1

Just now, thrawn3054 said:

Leaving after you die doesn't give you salt.

Really? That’s awesome! Thanks for the info. 

Yep.  The system doesn't work as intended.  I've been put in several times for no reason.

The only solution is to remove it.

Like Jason ticket, I know it's not the thread to talk about but I played like 7/8 games without playing him, then I played as Jason 2 times in a row.

this whole game is broken. Playing a jason match and everyone but on counselor is dead, then the game crashed. im so close to just quitting this game

1 hour ago, Crispen_Glover said:

this whole game is broken. Playing a jason match and everyone but on counselor is dead, then the game crashed. im so close to just quitting this game

Just don’t leave the forums if you quit the game. I refuuuuuse to looose a member who has a pic from Part 4!!!!!!

The Salt mines should be removed I agree. It's done nothing to stop or lower the amount of Jason 's and host quitting. 

• Thanks 1

While it was a cool concept, its rather pointless to have. Too many issues can occur and people end up salty when they shouldn't. Do away with it. Lock it up, throw the key into Lake Minnetonka.

It encourages teamers. You can't quit them or you'll get salt. There's always suicide though. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bigblue2581 said:

Add this to the laundry list of problems in this game

Yep

7 hours ago, Crispen_Glover said:

And yep. 

Due to all the problems with this game, I'm switching to a salt-free diet for a little while.

11 hours ago, Bigblue2581 said:

Add this to the laundry list of problems in this game

I would not want to be the one doing that load of laundry.

9 hours ago, Crispen_Glover said:

The overall broken nature of this game is like one of Jason's slashing victims bathing in a tub full of salt water.

Despite all the problems this game has, I still find some way to enjoy it. It's getting more difficult to do so.

It's been two more months since I even played the game because of this very reason. The game crashed 2 times when I was Jason and the game crashed when I was counselor. Rather than putting risk of getting punished, I simply wrapped the game up and went back to my Silent Hill games and War for the Overworld. Waiting until the game is functional again before playing online. I don feel like being put in the salt mines with the kids and clowns and I'm sure the honest players should not have to pay for this either.

30 minutes ago, sfosterjr said:

do you actually get informed you"re in the salt mines??

No, but you are unable to join a lobby for a good thirty minutes. It puts you as the host immediately upon pressing quick play, and no players join.

ahh ok. well whenever i create a party and we cant get into a populated lobby and i end up as host i can never get anymore people to join except those already in my party. but ive had that problem since ive started playing and before the introduction of the salt mines. so not sure if your problem is a salt mine related issue?? im on ps4 btw

Omg yes! At first I thought it was connection issues to their server, I didn't realize what was up until I finally landed in a game with one other person who had posted in the chat box "welcome to the saltmines!"

PC players get no indication that you've been put into a different queuing system.

This was yesterday after a week of having to qit from being banished to spectator mode, getting the wrong councelor, or get some weird glitch where I couldn't interact.  

I've never been a fan of this, you shouldn't punish people for not playing the game if they need to disconnect. And with PC players being around 400, this is just going to further degrade the player base.

I wanted to follow up on how much I hate the salt mines. Played 4 really good games as the host. Then, as usual, your game crashed on me. Now I been sent to the salt mines. Please turn the salt mines off till you fix this broken game if not permanently.