Sign in to follow this  
Ralph_E_Fresh

Release pictures of unreleased maps

Seeing as they showed photos of the spaceship, I want to see photos of Camp Forest green, the Shepard residence, Manhattan and the Lazarus boat that were all going to come out.

• Confused 1

It would have been cool to see those maps in the game. But (like the collectable topic) if they aren't going to be in the game, its pointless.

They were going to make a Lazarus, but I've never heard of an actual Shepherd House or Camp Forest Green map being in the works. 

There wasn't going to be any other maps, even if the lawsuit never existed. Grendel was always going to be the last.

"Keltner added that the map would’ve been both the last map and a huge one. He told the Facebook page that even if players experience the map several times, it still wouldn’t feel like they’d seen the whole thing."

Source

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

There wasn't going to be any other maps, even if the lawsuit never existed. Grendel was always going to be the last.

"Keltner added that the map would’ve been both the last map and a huge one. He told the Facebook page that even if players experience the map several times, it still wouldn’t feel like they’d seen the whole thing."

Source

Something about Banjo Kazooie?

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Something about Banjo Kazooie?

Posted wrong link by accident. Updated it in the post with correct one.

11 hours ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Seeing as they showed photos of the spaceship, I want to see photos of Camp Forest green, the Shepard residence, Manhattan and the Lazarus boat that were all going to come out.

Could you possibly post a link to the posted photos. Or just point me in the right direction. I'd like to see them. Thanks in advance.

Forget it. I'm an idiot. I found what you guys were referring to.

I would love for them to put out a comprehensive list of everything they had planned for the future. I don't think Jason X and Grendel was the end

11 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

I would love for them to put out a comprehensive list of everything they had planned for the future. I don't think Jason X and Grendel was the end

According to Wes, Grendel was the last map they were making.

These threads suck....only because it's gutting we know we'll never get to see these maps. This game could've become something so much bigger. I've played it so much since launch. It's gutting.

I play this and the ea ufc 3 game which frankly sucks. It's gutting to know my favourite game is gonna close eventually.

Oh well, I could always replay Alien Isolation for the 5th time :(

I dont want to see unreleased stuff.

Its a tease plus honestly even in its unfinished state,Grendel didn't look fun to play at all. I would not want to be Jase on those maps.

12 hours ago, Dogmatic said:

According to Wes, Grendel was the last map they were making.

They also supposedly had more counselors, clothing, killpacks, etc too though.

Everything that was said in that article was false. No one ever interviewed Wes and Wes never said that Grendel would have been the last map added to the game. The gameplay footage of the Grendel was from a leaked version a while ago which is why the map looks unfinished. "Friday the 13h:The Game France" is unofficial and has nothing to do with the developers.

Right. If Grendel was the last thing meant for the game, then explain why they posted those unused photos they were going to let us find in drawers? Or what about the unfinished clothing pack assets in the game files? They obviously had a lot more in store for us they didn't finish besides Uber and Grendel. I'm just looking for them to do a complete, comprehensive list of what they had in store if they're ever allowed. I would at least like to know what all we would have gotten.

57 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

Right. If Grendel was the last thing meant for the game, then explain why they posted those unused photos they were going to let us find in drawers? Or what about the unfinished clothing pack assets in the game files? They obviously had a lot more in store for us they didn't finish besides Uber and Grendel. I'm just looking for them to do a complete, comprehensive list of what they had in store if they're ever allowed. I would at least like to know what all we would have gotten.

The last map, not the last thing added to the game. And to be perfectly honest I do think it would have been the last map added, Wes may have not done the interview but he didn’t say otherwise in regards to that point.

I don’t know what the “Lazarus Experience” in the dev version that was accidentally put up was, some speculate it would’ve been an addition to Virtual Cabin, otherwise perhaps they were indeed planning on putting an actual Lazarus map in. But somehow I doubt it, it could’ve been just another scrapped idea.

If people look back on the old DLC roadmap, you can see that there was nothing scheduled after Uber / Grendel, they were the last 2 items. No idea if another roadmap would’ve been made but it is my feeling that likely would’ve been the last of the Jasons and maps. 100% last official Jason at least since Uber was the extent of the rights (other than potential NHA collab). Perhaps they already had concerns even back then about the future of the game.

Also funny how nowhere on that roadmap do you see “sudden engine upgrade” which was a total deviation from their original plans.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2018 at 12:01 AM, Tommy86 said:

Source

The quote from Wes upsets me because we were supposed to get a Manhattan map, Lazarus, and houseboat map from part 8.

20 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

The quote from Wes upsets me because we were supposed to get a Manhattan map, Lazarus, and houseboat map from part 8.

Not that it matters in the long run, but that interview was proven to be bunk.

24 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

No worries, it’s fake. I do think it provides an opportunity for Wes to post more pictures of what could have been.

Had they stuck with the original plan and not delay content for a stupid engine update that made the game worst, we could have had Uber and the Grendel ready.

It was a 5 month gap of waiting. Uber and Grendel probably would have been ready before the lawsuit hit. And the engine upgrade to have dedicated servers could have also seen the light since this apparently has no effect on the lawsuit announcement. Man, talk about bad luck and setting their priorities wrong.

The only thing that would have been missed is the single player content. That does not even compare to missing the mark with Uber and the Grendel. I only play single player to get the unlockables. Never will I touch it again.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Loading said:

Had they stuck with the original plan and not delay content for a stupid engine update that made the game worst, we could have had Uber and the Grendel ready.

It was a 5 month gap of waiting. Uber and Grendel probably would have been ready before the lawsuit hit. And the engine upgrade to have dedicated servers could have also seen the light since this apparently has no effect on the lawsuit announcement. Man, talk about bad luck and setting their priorities wrong.

The only thing that would have been missed is the single player content. That does not even compare to missing the mark with Uber and the Grendel. I only play single player to get the unlockables. Never will I touch it again.

Fully agree with all of this, and to be honest I could've completely done without the entire SP component. VC and Challenges have no replay value at all for me, I didn't even finish VC because frankly I was too bored to get through it. It worked as a dev diary during development but other than that I didn't really see the point. Challenges I did 100% complete and were fun as a one-time thing, but that's all it was. Uber, Grendel and some more maps would've been far better to receive in terms of content.

The only reason they promised SP was to make up for delaying the original release in October 2016. They really dug themselves into a hole with that, took an extra 7 months just to release multiplayer and missed the original SP deadline of Summer 2017 by up to a full year. We got Offline Bots at the end of December but that was already several months after the projected date (and were extremely broken).