damnenchiladas

NHA Director Responds to Out of Context Quote

Greetings Friday Fans.

I would like to take a moment to address some comments that have been floating around the internet regarding myself and the Friday the 13th video game.

In a conversation thread on the Friday the 13th game subreddit, fans asked why Ghost Jason was not included in Friday the 13th: The Game.

In an attempt to answer the many questions that were being asked on the subject, I made a comment regarding the developers of the game being worried about a “deadline” that has since been taken out of context to promote toxicity in relation to the recent and unfortunate work stoppage.

During the spreading of this “news,” not one of the many persons spreading false information contacted me in order to clarify or expand upon my comments. If they had, they would have been informed that I was speaking in regards to the legal proceedings of the rights battle and not the work stoppage to which I was never aware of until it was formally announced last month.

Let me make this very, very clear. At the time of my conversation with folks at Gun, they had no intention of a work stoppage and were planning to release content that was already in progress throughout the entire year and possibly even beyond that.

The reason the subject of a deadline came up was because in order for Ghost Jason to even be considered for the game, the legal case must first to come a close. Until that happens, Gun was unable to provide a definite yes or no on whether Ghost Jason could be included. I completely understood the position they were in because their hands were ultimately tied by something beyond their control.

Prior to the conversation mentioned in my now famous Reddit comment, I was tipped off to an upcoming court deadline that predicted an end to the legal proceedings. The developers were the ones who informed me that a decision was unlikely to be rendered by that date and that they were “deeply concerned” about it coming to an end any time soon.

I hope this clears things up and puts this matter to rest. I would also like to sincerely apologize to the good folks at Gun Media and Illfonic if my comments have caused them any headaches in the past few days. I also acknowledge that my wording could have been much more clear in the answer I gave and apologize to anyone who misunderstood what I was trying to convey.

Thank you to anyone who has read all the way through this and I hope to play with many of you on the game in the near future. If anyone wants to discuss this matter further, they can do so by reaching out to me at contact@wompstompfilms.com.

Sincerely,

Vincente DiSanti

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

why you post this? this exact thing is in another thread already here, for once i see a lock/delete thats worth it

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, DeadlyD said:

why you post this? this exact thing is in another thread already here, for once i see a lock/delete thats worth it

This is the actual person who drafted the statement.

• Like 1

Just now, NthnButAGoodTime said:

This is the actual man who drafted the statement.

yep i realize that from the other thread but my point is still valid with everything that happens here these days

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, DeadlyD said:

yep i realize that from the other thread but my point is still valid with everything that happens here these days

I didn't see the other thread when I made the post so that's on me. Someone sent me the other thread where you guys went on for 15 pages misquoting me. I jumped to to post the response but it was locked so I just created a new thread. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Woah! The director from Never Hike Alone!!! Just wanted to say that your movie was pretty damn awesome!

Edit: I think he just reacted to my comment!! My life goal is complete.

Edited by PlayerAgainstTheMachine
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

I didn't see the other thread when I made the post so that's on me. Someone sent me the other thread where you guys went on for 15 pages misquoting me. I jumped to to post the response but it was locked so I just created a new thread. 

Thanks for posting...and for trying to bring some clarity to your original statements....

Hope this can calm the community down some on this issue. 

(I don’t think it will.)

I feel that the developers or someone from Gun should post some type of response addressing  the community and members that have been posting nonstop about conspiracy theories.... that may or may not exist.

I know that this is a very sore subject for both the community and the developers, the only way to move forward is by communicating with us the fan base not deleting posts or banning members that have legitimate questions... concerns or possibly put them in a tight situation with “ unflattering “ info.

That is what a forum is for.

Also think Never Hike Alone was awesome!!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Edit: I think he just reacted to my comment!! My life goal is complete.

is that a thing? lol

@damnenchiladas Out of curiosity, why did Gun have to wait for the case to be settled to include “Ghost Jason”, but Killer Puzzle didn’t???

5 hours ago, DeadlyD said:

is that a thing? lol

Shit. I’d say that “Never Hike Alone” is a better “Friday” film than over half of the official sequels. I love it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

@damnenchiladas Out of curiosity, why did Gun have to wait for the case to be settled to include “Ghost Jason”, but Killer Puzzle didn’t???

good question i want to know too.

• Like 1

I really loved Never Hike Alone. It’s even inspired myself and my friends to go out and make a Friday movie. Thank you for making it.

I think the devs need the communicate with us to clear up issues instead of hiding in the dark. I appreciate you trying to clear some stuff up yourself. I think we really need support from the devs to move forward.

Not to be a dick but in normal cases if someone regardless of who it is makes a duplicate thread of something already existing with the same Original post isn't it supposed to be the duplicate thread that gets locked not the original?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Not to be a dick but in normal cases if someone regardless of who it is makes a duplicate thread of something already existing with the same Original post isn't it supposed to be the duplicate thread that gets locked not the original?

That's usually correct, although yours didn't have "bogus misquote" in the title to really hammer the point home.

• Like 1

Just now, R.J MacReady said:

That's usually correct, although yours didn't have "bogus misquote" in the title to really hammer the point home.

Well i don't think that really applies when it stated the same point in the topic and had the same post regarding the same thing. Seeing as how i had already posted it long before, his thread should have been closed. I am merely following the rules here

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

This is a good question and I will do my best to answer clearly. 

As we all should know by now, the legal case stipulated that all no new Friday the 13th content could be created from scratch after January of 2018. This is why the F13th Puzzle game soft launched on Jan 13, 2018.

I spoke with the folks at the puzzle game sometime in late 2017 about adding Ghost Jason and Kyle to their game. They were very receptive to the idea and whipped up two quick models that they were able to insert and hide within the game before that date. I've actually been sitting on this info for quite a while wondering if we'd get a chance to see it through. Because they were able to slip us into the game before that date, we were cleared to proceed whenever ready. 

With Gun, building models and new content is not as simple as it is for the Puzzle Game. For instance, all of the content released this past year actually began in the early summer of 2017 and we didn't see much of it for a very long time. At the time they started that round of content, Never Hike Alone had not even been released so fan support was not really there to justify adding us to the game. For all anyone really knew, the movie could be a flaming piece of garbage so it goes without saying that the rights holders were weary of inserting a fan made design, especially prior to other franchise established characters. I actually agree with that sentiment whole heartedly.   

By the time Never Hike Alone released in October and starting gaining real momentum, Gun still had their hands full with all the previously mentioned content such as Part 4, Part 5, New Kills, Single Player and more. It was very much understood at the time that if GJ had a chance to be in the game, it would be during a future round of content creation sometime later this year if at all. Again, although the devs have been big supporters of ours since our crowdfunding days, this is something that would have needed to be cleared by a lot of people above their heads. Even if approved, several resources and substantial funding would be have to be dedicated to the build. 

The last we casually spoke about this possibility, we decided to table the discussion until after the legal case reached a conclusion so we could get real answers. I was in this for the long haul and so were they. Whatever changed along the way none of us saw coming. 

Knowing what we know now about the decision handed down to the devs, the only way GJ would have ended up in the game is if the legal case ended before June of 2018 and Sean (and Victor?) gave us the OK to start the process. Even then, you would not have seen GJ any time soon because it would have taken many months for him to be built and inserted into the game. 

With all of this said, I cannot speak on the subject of Jason X because I do not know what stipulations the devs are being held to. I just hope that you all will take my words very seriously when I say that if the devs had the opportunity to insert all of their unreleased content into the game, they would have done it without hesitation. They are just as much victims in this situation as we are and even more so because they put a lot of hard work into creating and maintaining this game. 

Has it been perfect? No, but what independent venture ever is? I cannot even begin to tell you all of the shit we had to deal with on Never Hike Alone and it certainly pales in comparison for what the devs have had to overcome in their journey. No matter what issues they faced, what was important was that the game was being run by people who actually loved the content and subject matter. We were lucky enough to get content and detail inserted into this game that larger developers would have never taken the time to add.

As an example, I can distinctly recall Ronnie forgoing his lunch break at the mocap session I attended just so he could give notes on the in progress part 4 model. It was not just the dedication to getting it right, it was also the fact that he knew exactly what was wrong and what was missing. When I saw the unmasked Ted White Jason for the first time I smiled a little extra wide because I saw Ronnie's influence executed within that final design. 

At every turn the developers listened to our feedback and even dealt with a large section of ungrateful SOB's that bitched and moaned at every single corner. Along the way I even made my fair share of complaints but I never once took for granted the amount of effort that was being put into the game. Frankly, I don't know how they put up with many of the people in this forum and they deserve a lot more respect than what they have been given up to this point. 

I know I am off topic now but I believe this is something that needs to be said. If my words carry any weigh around here, I hope many of you rethink the toxic environment that has taken over this game and forum. There are many more important things in the world and for all its faults, it is amazing to live in a world we we can play a Friday the 13th game that actually stays true to the source material. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 10

I await the mod who closed my thread in error due to the fact mine was started 4 hours before this one was to close this one and re-open mine.

Thank you

A rule follower

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

I spoke with the folks at the puzzle game sometime in late 2017 about adding Ghost Jason and Kyle to their game. They were very receptive to the idea and whipped up two quick models that they were able to insert and hide within the game before that date. I've actually been sitting on this info for quite a while wondering if we'd get a chance to see it through. Because they were able to slip us into the game before that date, we were cleared to proceed whenever ready. 

I think it's really incredible (in a great way) that fan content of such a well-known i.p. is allowed in an officially licensed product -- especially from your film. It's an awesome testimony to the strength of the fans of this franchise, to be honest. (You would never see fan acknowledgement like that in a Disney product, for example.)

2 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

This is the actual person who drafted the statement.

As i stated in my response before this one, because he is the one who made the statement on facebook that makes it ok to create a duplicate thread of the topic i already did 4 hours before and my thread of it gets locked? I do believe tit is supposed to be that duplicates get locked and the original one stays open. Those are the rules right?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

This is a good question and I will do my best to answer clearly. 

As we all should know by now, the legal case stipulated that all no new Friday the 13th content could be created from scratch after January of 2018. This is why the F13th Puzzle game soft launched on Jan 13, 2018.

With Gun, building models and new content is not as simple as it is for the Puzzle Game. For instance, all of the content released this past year actually began in the early summer of 2017 and we didn't see much of it for a very long time. At the time they started that round of content, Never Hike Alone had not even been released so fan support was not really there to justify adding us to the game. For all anyone really knew, the movie could be a flaming piece of garbage so it goes without saying that the rights holders were weary of inserting a fan made design, especially prior to other franchise established characters. I actually agree with that sentiment whole heartedly.   

By the time Never Hike Alone released in October and starting gaining real momentum, Gun still had their hands full with all the previously mentioned content such as Part 4, Part 5, New Kills, Single Player and more. It was very much understood at the time that if GJ had a chance to be in the game, it would be during a future round of content creation sometime later this year if at all. Again, although the devs have been big supporters of ours since our crowdfunding days, this is something that would have needed to be cleared by a lot of people above their heads. Even if approved, several resources and substantial funding would be have to be dedicated to the build. 

The last we casually spoke about this possibility, we decided to table the discussion until after the legal case reached a conclusion so we could get real answers. I was in this for the long haul and so were they. Whatever changed along the way none of us saw coming. 

Knowing what we know now about the decision handed down to the devs, the only way GJ would have ended up in the game is if the legal case ended before June of 2018 and Sean (and Victor?) gave us the OK to start the process. Even then, you would not have seen GJ any time soon because it would have taken many months for him to be built and inserted into the game. 

With all of this said, I cannot speak on the subject of Jason X because I do not know what stipulations the devs are being held to. I just hope that you all will take my words very seriously when I say that if the devs had the opportunity to insert all of their unreleased content into the game, they would have done it without hesitation. They are just as much victims in this situation as we are and even more so because they put a lot of hard work into creating and maintaining this game. 

Has it been perfect? No, but what independent venture ever is? I cannot even begin to tell you all of the shit we had to deal with on Never Hike Alone and it certainly pales in comparison for what the devs have had to overcome in their journey. No matter what issues they faced, what was important was that the game was being run by people who actually loved the content and subject matter. We were lucky enough to get content and detail inserted into this game that larger developers would have never taken the time to add.

As an example, I can distinctly recall Ronnie forgoing his lunch break at the mocap session I attended just so he could give notes on the in progress part 4 model. It was not just the dedication to getting it right, it was also the fact that he knew exactly what was wrong and what was missing. When I saw the unmasked Ted White Jason for the first time I smiled a little extra wide because I saw Ronnie's influence executed within that final design. 

At every turn the developers listened to our feedback and even dealt with a large section of ungrateful SOB's that bitched and moaned at every single corner. Along the way I even made my fair share of complaints but I never once took for granted the amount of effort that was being put into the game. Frankly, I don't know how they put up with many of the people in this forum and they deserve a lot more respect than what they have been given up to this point. 

I know I am off topic now but I believe this is something that needs to be said. If my words carry any weigh around here, I hope many of you rethink the toxic environment that has taken over this game and forum. There are many more important things in the world and for all its faults, it is amazing to live in a world we we can play a Friday the 13th game that actually stays true to the source material. 

To be fair, most of the toxicity in the community stems from other things such as the lack of communication, dodging of certain questions and some answers that don't add up. This was just another thing for people to be disappointed about but not the whole reason. Also obligatory I loved your movie statement time. Any way I can get a DVD of it?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Evil said:

To be fair, most of the toxicity in the community stems from other things such as the lack of communication, dodging of certain questions and some answers that don't add up. This was just another thing for people to be disappointed about but not the whole reason. Also obligatory I loved your movie statement time. Any way I can get a DVD of it?

I wonder if he is allowed to put it up on a place like Amazon Digital. Would love to have it in my collection there. 

2 hours ago, damnenchiladas said:

Not trying to take your comment out of context, but this sentence sounds like they knew they couldn't create future content from scratch after January but announced in February that content would resume after the engine update. That coupled with the June announcement of no future content,  it sounds like they had a six month window to add all content that was in the works before all content production most stop completely. 

If that is true then Gun knew at most they would only have a few weeks to finish all unfinished content after they halted all content production for months. Plus they would have know no new content that wasn't already started couldn't be added before the February announcement. It just seems like they knew for a while that more content wasn't actually going to happen. 

2 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Favoritism goes a long way i guess and is ok to bend rules for

Kinda always been like that and not just on the forum. That's basically how life works lol

25 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Not trying to take your comment out of context, but this sentence sounds like they knew they couldn't create future content from scratch after January but announced in February that content would resume after the engine update. That coupled with the June announcement of new future content,  it sounds like they had a six month window to add all content that was in the works before all content production most stop completely. 

If that is true then Gun knew at most they would only have a few weeks to finish all unfinished content after they halted all content production for months. Plus they would have know no new content that wasn't already started couldn't be added before the February announcement. It just seems like they knew for a while that more content wasn't actually going to happen. 

Kinda always been like that and not just on the forum. That's basically how life works lol

Not being funny mate but the problem with a post like this is its making a lot of assumptions bordering on accusations. 

Too much of this - 'it seems like' 'they wouldve' 'if that is true' 'it sounds like' etc. 

It comes across as trying hard to discredit the devs but at the same time with nothing factual. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Favoritism goes a long way i guess and is ok to bend rules for

Hey Adam. Thank you for your taking the time to share my comments in this thread. I was playing catch up on a few notifications in my in box and posted this thread without seeing that you had already done so. I honestly don't care which thread is active, but I do appreciate having a chance to lead the conversation on this subject since it is somewhat personal. No hard feelings? 

• Like 1