damnenchiladas

NHA Director Responds to Out of Context Quote

@damnenchiladas

Didn't realize it was only 40k. I definitely thought you guys raised more than that!

It's amazing what you were able to accomplish on that budget. Still can't wait for my physical copies!

I loved Ghost Jason, he lived up to his name with all the disappearing and reporting he did.Ghost Jason is one of my favorites now. I am happy he made it into Killer Puzzle.

I backed the film and would love to see and back a sequel if I get the chance and money permits!

15 hours ago, Quinn FTW said:

January. Not June. For 6 months they hid it. From backers. From consumers. 

Wouldn't it be reasonable, given the deception, to offer a refund to anyone who bought the game between January and June (when they finally disclosed the content issue)?

Why? Did you not buy a game and play it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

Why? Did you not buy a game and play it?

LOL. You win logic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Vince, I love your film, it's the best Jason movie since 2009, and you made a fantastic Jason, dude. I can certainly appreciate what you're trying to do here, because after all, we're all F13 fans (even Gun Media) and we'd all just like to get along.

But Gun clearly knew about this lawsuit, they knew about the deadline, they knew it would affect their game, and they still continued to sell the game with the much-hyped promise of additional content in the future, content that they knew (as far back as January, and probably earlier) that they would never be able to put out. That's deceptive fucking marketing, kids. You can defend it all you want, but false advertisement is false advertisement, and it usually doesn't withstand legal recourse when properly challenged.

You could make the argument that they got as far as they could on content before they realized they weren't going to be able to finish Uber Jason and the Grendel Map or any additional game modes or clothing packs before the deadline. Fine. Why wouldn't they just tell us that in the first place? Their hands were tied, I get that. But instead of being upfront and honest with the community that supported their game, they put out some B.S. about needing to upgrade the engine before they could finish dedicated servers for consoles and that all content would have to be put on hold, even though PC already has them and we're almost midway into July with no sign of dedicated servers for consoles.

You could make the argument that the developers were put in a bad position by Horror INC., the current rights holders of the F13 franchise, whose lawyer Marc Toberoff told GameRevolution in an exclusive interview almost a year ago today that the lawsuit would not affect the game. Now why would he say this? Well because Horror INC. are the current rights holders of the F13 franchise and they have a financial stake in the sale of the game. Do the math. If they were to tell people that the lawsuit would affect the game, it would also have affected potential sales.

We all know now that he was completely full of shit. Whether it was deliberate or not is arguable.

What isn't arguable is the fact that Gun Media was definitely aware of this way before last month. You know it, I know it, and everyone here knows it. Even if Horror INC. told them not to say anything about it, they still had a choice; "Do we remain loyal to the fans who backed us from the beginning, who purchased our game and supported us financially, or do we remain loyal to some Hollywood producer scumbag who doesn't even really like Jason?"

Obviously, they chose the latter.

Is Gun entirely to blame? No. Personally, I think Sean Cunningham saw the beta for Slasher Vol. 1: Summer Camp and thought it'd be the perfect opportunity to squeeze a few final bags of money from the franchise before it went completely into legal limbo. But Gun still knew this was coming. And they were less than forthcoming about it, to say the very least.

As far as I'm concerned, Paranoia, Uber Jason,  and the Grendel Map are fucking vaporware. And that's not something a game developer wants to be associated with.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Vince, I love your film, it's the best Jason movie since 2009, and you made a fantastic Jason, dude. I can certainly appreciate what you're trying to do here, because after all, we're all F13 fans (even Gun Media) and we'd all just like to get along.

But Gun clearly knew about this lawsuit, they knew about the deadline, they knew it would affect their game, and they still continued to sell the game with the much-hyped promise of additional content in the future, content that they knew (as far back as January, and probably earlier) that they would never be able to put out. That's deceptive fucking marketing, kids. You can defend it all you want, but false advertisement is false advertisement, and it usually doesn't withstand legal recourse when properly challenged.

You could make the argument that they got as far as they could on content before they realized they weren't going to be able to finish Uber Jason and the Grendel Map or any additional game modes or clothing packs before the deadline. Fine. Why wouldn't they just tell us that in the first place? Their hands were tied, I get that. But instead of being upfront and honest with the community that supported their game, they put out some B.S. about needing to upgrade the engine before they could finish dedicated servers for consoles and that all content would have to be put on hold, even though PC already has them and we're almost midway into July with no sign of dedicated servers for consoles.

You could make the argument that the developers were put in a bad position by Horror INC., the current rights holders of the F13 franchise, whose lawyer Marc Toberoff told GameRevolution in an exclusive interview almost a year ago today that the lawsuit would not affect the game. Now why would he say this? Well because Horror INC. are the current rights holders of the F13 franchise and they have a financial stake in the sale of the game. Do the math. If they were to tell people that the lawsuit would affect the game, it would also have affected potential sales.

We all know now that he was completely full of shit. Whether it was deliberate or not is arguable.

What isn't arguable is the fact that Gun Media was definitely aware of this way before last month. You know it, I know it, and everyone here knows it. Even if Horror INC. told them not to say anything about it, they still had a choice; "Do we remain loyal to the fans who backed us from the beginning, who purchased our game and supported us financially, or do we remain loyal to some Hollywood producer scumbag who doesn't even really like Jason?"

Is Gun entirely to blame? No. Personally, I think Sean Cunningham saw the beta for Slasher Vol. 1: Summer Camp and thought it'd be the perfect opportunity to squeeze a few final bags of money from the franchise before it went completely into legal limbo. But Gun still knew this was coming. And they were less than forthcoming about it, to say the very least.

As far as I'm concerned, Paranoia, Uber Jason,  and the Grendel Map are fucking vaporware. And that's not something a game developer wants to be associated with.

Excellent post, couldn't agree more.

The short version is a game with this license shouldn't be dead already one year after release.

Like I said earlier in the thread. This isn't the 1980s anymore when gaming was in its infant stages and there was no such thing as internet, post launch expectations, etc and all games were released in a state that's finished regardless. All those things exist today and actually in some ways let developers off the hook by releasing a game not finished only to work on it post launch. Either way, that era of gaming doesn't exist anymore and in today's world, its considered a failure for a game to be dead a year after launch regardless of initial sales.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

The short version is a game with this license shouldn't be dead already one year after release.

Another excellent point. Which just further supports the theory that everything about this game from the moment Sean Cunningham got involved was intended to sell as many units as possible in the shortest amount of time before they were forced to pull the plug, a.k.a. "The Cash Grab Theory". I didn't quite agree with it first, because the easy answer is "most of the DLC was free", but it's looking more plausible with every new thing we learn about this situation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brevator said:

Your post is full of opinions that you are trying to pass on as facts.... 

You don’t know for a fact what Gun was informed about and when they were told new content would no longer be able to be produced. You can only come up with your opinion.

legal proceedings change some times with the turn of a dime. 

We were told the lawsuit would not effect the game and as far a we actually know Gun may have been under the same impression..... up until the last court hearings. As I said things change sometimes daily....

we have been told Gun cannot speak about anything legally related to the law suit at this time so it may be a while before the full story is released.

but ask yourself do you think we would have an Uber model, motion cap kills Grendel map, virtual cabin experience that lead up to that hype with no intention of putting it into this game ????

The answer is no......all of these things cost money and the details that are in the game scream love for this franchise and it’s fans.

this has always been a passion project by 2 small Indy developers and it shows....

If this was a cash grab we would have seen a much cheaper/less detailed/ body of work from these guys it would just be less everything..........

shit happens bro we are all angry about how things have ended up.....

but at this point pushing “conspiracies” that you don’t know the whole story of will not help this game or community move forward.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Your post is full of opinions that you are trying to pass on as facts.... 

You don’t know for a fact what Gun was informed about and when they were told new content would no longer be able to be produced. You can only come up with your opinion.

legal proceedings change some times with the turn of a dime. 

We were told the lawsuit would not effect the game and as far a we actually know Gun may have been under the same impression..... up until the last court hearings. As I said things change sometimes daily....

we have been told Gun cannot speak about anything legally related to the law suit at this time so it may be a while before the full story is released.

but ask yourself do you think we would have an Uber model, motion cap kills Grendel map, virtual cabin experience that lead up to that hype with no intention of putting it into this game ????

The answer is no......all of these things cost money and the details that are in the game scream love for this franchise and it’s fans.

this has always been a passion project by 2 small Indy developers and it shows....

If this was a cash grab we would have seen a much cheaper/less detailed/ body of work from these guys it would just be less everything..........

but at this point pushing “conspiracies” that you don’t know the whole story of will not help this game or community move forward.

The lawsuit has been publicized in news articles since at least 2016.  It's possible / probable that Sean C. knew Victor would seek to reclaim his rights before this.

Sean C. would have had to have shared this information with Gun, lest he open himself up to a lawsuit brought by Gun against him for providing a license that could possibly expire before Gun could complete the development or benefit from receiving the license.  In theory, the matter could have been resolved sooner and in Victor's favor, and theoretically the game could have been shut down before now.

The Dev's could have no legal counsel advising them whatsoever, and could have truly been caught off guard by the latest turn of events.  I mean, it would take an incredible lack of intelligence and foresight for this to be true, but perhaps it is.  After having sold $80+ Million in top-line revenue (likely way more by now), having no legal counsel at all seems pretty foolish unless they believe they made most of the profit they would out of the game and don't really care about the outcome.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I have never presented my opinion as fact.

You're assuming that all cash grabs are cheap and lack detail. How do you sell a game that looks cheap and lacks detail? Answer: You don't. You make it look as good as possible so people see it and assume it's a quality product based on aesthetic alone.

I'm not pushing "conspiracies", I'm simply speculating on what I believe happened. And my hypothesis certainly has evidence to support it. Other than a swell-looking game that's fun to play on the rare occasions when it's actually functioning properly, what evidence can you show me that this wasn't a cash grab? Better get a magnifying glass for that one...

Regardless, nothing we do or say is going to help this game or this community move forward. It's over. Gun has obviously turned their backs on us. Their silence is deafening. We hear their message loud and clear.

• Like 1

Another excellent point. Which just further supports the theory that everything about this game from the moment Sean Cunningham got involved was intended to sell as many units as possible in the shortest amount of time before they were forced to pull the plug, a.k.a. "The Cash Grab Theory". I didn't quite agree with it first, because the easy answer is "most of the DLC was free", but it's looking more plausible with every new thing we learn about this situation.

For $40 and a handful of DLCs, I'm pretty happy with the amount of content I got for my money. I sometimes spend more on a single Uber (no pun intended) ride, or two days' worth of lunch and lattes. Would have been very happy for more, but when I dropped my $40, I wasn't promised anything beyond what was already available, other than vague ideas of "future content." I think, in total, I must have spent... what are all the DLCs worth? $10, if that? So $50. 

Still, it would have been nice to have gotten Uber Jason, but I still got an incredible amount of content for $50.

Now if it can just stabilize with smooth gameplay and ensured longevity..... 

• Like 2

I have never presented my opinion as fact.

In the second paragraph you say “ I am simply speculating on what I believe happened....”

Speculative believe are opinions not facts.

You're assuming that all cash grabs are cheap and lack detail. How do you sell a game that looks cheap and lacks detail? Answer: You don't. You make it look as good as possible so people see it and assume it's a quality product based on aesthetic alone

I don’t think a company does the work if they are planning to take the money and run.

we wouldn’t have models, motion capture, maps,  or kills if that was the case.

I'm not pushing "conspiracies", I'm simply speculating on what I believe happened. And my hypothesis certainly has evidence to support it. Other than a swell-looking game that's fun to play on the rare occasions when it's actually functioning properly, what evidence can you show me that this wasn't a cash grab? Better get a magnifying glass for that one...

You are taking statements from NHA director and the fact that the lawsuit has been known about and making it fit in with your beliefs.

Regardless, nothing we do or say iis going to help this game or this community move forward. It's over. Gun has obviously turned their backs on us. Their silence is deafening. We hear their message loud and clear.

That’s statement is incorrect....it is once again your opinion.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

In the second paragraph you say “ I am simply speculating on what I believe happened....”

Speculative believe are opinions not facts.

Thanks for saying exactly what I said. Speculation is not fact. Glad we agree on this.

You are taking statements from NHA director and the fact that the lawsuit has been known about and making it fit in with your beliefs.

Yes. That is normally how speculation works.

That’s statement is incorrect....it is once again your opinion. 

I'm not going to preface all of my opinions with a disclaimer, kid. If you're still naive enough to defend this company after every shady thing they've done, more power to you, but you're not going to get anywhere with me. I suggest you stop trying. I gave up defending Gun Media a while ago, and I'm quite beyond hearing their excuses, from you and from anyone.

Hell, the fact that you're having to defend them because they can't even bother to defend themselves tells me pretty much everything I need to know. How anyone can continue to stand up for them after the broken promises (including the people that paid over a year ago for shit they still haven't received), the utter lack of transparency (how 'bout those Developer Diaries, eh, kids?!) and the now absolute friggin' silence as questions about their integrity and how much they knew about the lawsuit continue to mount is just completely befuddling to me, and I was one of their staunchest defenders back when promised content like Single Player was being indefinitely put on hold or in the case of "Paranoia", just scrapped entirely (if it was ever intended to be released at all, and I'm now inclined to believe that it wasn't).

Not to mention that it's been almost six months since that oh-so-necessary engine upgrade and we still don't have the dedicated console servers that they've been telling us are only a few months away for over a year...what gives? I mean, it's not like they've been busy working on more content...

I'm done defending them. It's been exhausting.

• Like 1

Thanks for saying exactly what I said. Speculation is not fact. Glad we agree on this.

Yes. That is normally how speculation works.

I'm not going to preface all of my opinions with a disclaimer, kid. If you're still naive enough to defend this company after every shady thing they've done, more power to you, but you're not going to get anywhere with me. I suggest you stop trying. I gave up defending Gun Media a while ago, and I'm quite beyond hearing their excuses, from you and from anyone.

Hell, the fact that you're having to defend them because they can't even bother to defend themselves tells me pretty much everything I need to know. How anyone can continue to stand up for them after the broken promises (including the people that paid over a year ago for shit they still haven't received), the utter lack of transparency (how 'bout those Developer Diaries, eh, kids?!) and the now absolute friggin' silence as questions about their integrity and how much they knew about the lawsuit continue to mount is just completely befuddling to me, and I was one of their staunchest defenders back when promised content like Single Player was being indefinitely put on hold or in the case of "Paranoia", just scrapped entirely (if it was ever intended to be released at all, and I'm now inclined to believe that it wasn't).

Not to mention that it's been almost six months since that oh-so-necessary engine upgrade and we still don't have the dedicated console servers that they've been telling us are only a few months away for over a year...what gives? I mean, it's not like they've been busy working on more content...

I'm done defending them. It's been exhausting.

Listen “kid” No one needs You or me to defend Gun they have made many mistakes..... but I won’t push my opinions on an already upset community as facts that you frankly don’t know anything about. 

Only Gun and Sean and their lawyers know the real deal about what is going on.

negative conspiracy stories will not help us move forward.

if you a really are  done defending them as you say move on from here....it will be another loss for this community,  but I can tell you care about the franchise and the game other wise you wouldn’t  be so passionate with your post and you are hurt by the way things have gone on recently and I feel for you,  we all are grieving at this point.... we are all fan boys here man. 

and we still have a fun game that is still being fixed for the time being and hopefully “ fine tuned.” And will  run smoother for you. And you will still be able to enjoy for a while.

thats how we help this game and community coming together and help each other push Gun and illfonic to finish what they can for the game and give us the fan base the things that will allow the game to last as long as possible.

1.)client side saves.

2.)keep local hosting so we can continue to play as counselors and continue using our dlc/ outfits we have unlocked after they shut down dedicated servers.

3.) bug fixes.... “all of them!”

4.) allow us to unlock trophies from single player or bots.

@Brevator - I won’t bother quoting your original post for the sake of brevity but I did read it.

Thank you for the kind words about NHA, I appreciate the compliments. 

I also hear your theory and don’t entirely discredit it. I myself have wondered if the stipulations and deadlines of the legal case were laid out from day 1, but I think where we part ways is how I would react if I did indeed discovered this to be true.

That said, I do not think Gun knew. If they did, they would never have scheduled content to be in production as long as it was supposed to be. Forget Jason X and Grendel, that wasn’t even the end of what they had in store. 

From the very beginning this was a dream passion project for them and never a cash grab. I could tell before I ever met them that this was the case and after getting to know some of them I now know this to be fact.

The only people who would really know would be the lawyers, and like you posted, they continually told us and Gun it was never going to be an issue. They also said the case would be resolved in October of 2017 so shows how much they know.

If I remember correctly, the legal case only came into play after Gun had already begun their efforts to create the game. Gun’s only mission at that point was to finish the game before January of 2018 which they did well in advance. 

When it came to the engine upgrade, that was an honest attempt to fix the many issues with the game and improve the visuals. It sucks that it took so long and didn’t go as planned, but I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone would think that move to be some over the top stall tactic. The devs listed several valid reasons for why they took that route. 

I don’t think Sean entered into this venture as a short term cash grab either. I think if anything he underestimated Victor and the speed of the judicial system. His lawyer certainly didn’t think much of the case when it began, but that was all before the “Tom Savini memo” entered into the fray earlier this year.

At the end of the day, as someone already stated, the game exists and works most of the time. It would be one thing if they took our money and never released anything, but at this point we are arguing over luxury items.

They are also still working on smoothing the game out. When that happens, we will be left with a game full of an amazing variety of Friday content and fun gameplay. 

No one gave up on this game, but they did give up on trying to reason with people who don’t treat them with a whole lot of respect. I don’t blame them for that and agree that they don’t need the extra headaches of an angry mob.

I think maybe some of you forget that the casual atmosphere of an internet forum is not an excuse to come at the devs the way you do. If any of you actually worked at Gun and said some of the things you are saying directly to the devs, you wouldn’t be working there for long. (and you think getting comments deleted is bad)

No matter how you feel, you have to check your emotions at the door if you want to be taken seriously. The devs do not owe it to anyone to be in here as I am sure they are busy enough as it is. Aside from that, I don’t know any other game I have for my ps4 that I can tweet the developers and get a direct answer back. 

When the level 113 weapon swap issue came up, I was one of the loudest to say it was not a great idea. I wrote directly to Randy and we had a fairly long dialogue about it. At the end of the day, I wasn’t able to get anything changed but was releived to hear they were pushing for more double xp weekends so people could quickly level up. 

Most importantly, Randy heard me out becuae I didn’t attack him or rake him across the coals about it. Nor did I ever intend to. I just honestly thought there was a better way spread it out. I still do, but with no new content my idea would no longer be as valid.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

I don’t think Sean entered into this venture as a short term cash grab either. I think if anything he underestimated Victor and the speed of the judicial system. His lawyer certainly didn’t think much of the case when it began, but that was all before the “Tom Savini memo” entered into the fray earlier this year.

The way this case shakes out is hugely interesting to me. As pretty much any screenwriter knows, a HUGE amount of scripts start before a contract is in place, and for non-WGA writers, all of those end up being work-for-hire. If the judgment sides with Miller, this undermines  probably 99.9% of those projects that have gone on to be actually made.

...of course, 99.9% of those projects never make nearly the same amount of cash as F13, but still. Outfits like The Asylum and other production companies that use shiesty methods to get around guild contracts will be changing the way they do things, if so. 

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I don’t think a company does the work if they are planning to take the money and run.

we wouldn’t have models, motion capture, maps,  or kills if that was the case.

They likely net around $30,000,000.00

Is that worth 2 or 3 years of work?

There's also the troubling - "If the lawsuit wraps up in a month or so, soon, can you continue working?" being answered with "No. We're done."

It's nonsense. 

I'm not pushing "conspiracies"

Really?

4 hours ago, Brevator said:

You don't know that. Nothing about this is "clear."

We all know now that he was completely full of shit.

No we don't. When it comes to lawsuits like this, things can change very quickly. What was true then might not be now. Does not mean he was full of shit at the time.

Personally, I think Sean Cunningham saw the beta for Slasher Vol. 1: Summer Camp and thought it'd be the perfect opportunity to squeeze a few final bags of money from the franchise before it went completely into legal limbo.

That's a mighty fine conspiracy theory you got there!

As far as I'm concerned, Paranoia, Uber Jason,  and the Grendel Map are fucking vaporware.

Well, you're factually wrong, but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

3 hours ago, Brevator said:

Which just further supports the theory that everything about this game from the moment Sean Cunningham got involved was intended to sell as many units as possible in the shortest amount of time before they were forced to pull the plug, a.k.a. "The Cash Grab Theory"

I think you mean "The Cash Grab Conspiracy Theory".

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

If this was a cash grab we would have seen a much cheaper/less detailed/ body of work from these guys it would just be less everything.......

Nailed it.

26 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

No one gave up on this game, but they did give up on trying to reason with people who don’t treat them with a whole lot of respect. I don’t blame them for that and agree that they don’t need the extra headaches of an angry mob. 

I think maybe some of you forget that the casual atmosphere of an internet forum is not an excuse to come at the devs the way you do. If any of you actually worked at Gun and said some of the things you are saying directly to the devs, you wouldn’t be working there for long. (and you think getting comments deleted is bad)

No matter how you feel, you have to check your emotions at the door if you want to be taken seriously. The devs do not owe it to anyone to be in here as I am sure they are busy enough as it is. Aside from that, I don’t know any other game I have for my ps4 that I can tweet the developers and get a direct answer back.  

They have been a helluva lot more patient than I would be, that's for sure. People also forget that most game devs don't speak directly to the gamers at all. Gun has been a million times more communicative than most devs out there.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

At this point, in my eyes there's really nothing more to be said or done on the  matter because what's already set in motion shows no signs of slowing down. I guess the earliest in my mind I can even entertain the idea of this game re-starting development would be after Gun has wrapped on Project Melies, and that's what, a couple of years from now? Even then, it's incredibly lofty thinking but I'm trying to be semi-realistic here. Not saying it would happen, don't get me wrong. I'm only saying that they're already strapped in to this next game so there's no chance they won't see that through now. Would that be safe to assume?

13 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

The way this case shakes out is hugely interesting to me. As pretty much any screenwriter knows, a HUGE amount of scripts start before a contract is in place, and for non-WGA writers, all of those end up being work-for-hire. If the judgment sides with Miller, this undermines  probably 99.9% of those projects that have gone on to be actually made.

...of course, 99.9% of those projects never make nearly the same amount of cash as F13, but still. Outfits like The Asylum and other production companies that use shiesty methods to get around guild contracts will be changing the way they do things, if so. 

I agree. I have all the respect in the world for Victor but I also believe he knew what he was getting into. If they asked him in 1981 to write a sequel, he probably would have demanded more money or just flat out said no.

When he started writing he did that, like you stated, because the wheels were turning and things needed to get done. At the end of the day he was paid for his script, but now he is turning that favor of starting early into a play to win the case.

I do also believe the fate of the franchise rests in the hands of the story Victor ultimately created. Everything else that came after was fun, but none of it made any sense. The reason why NHA works is becuaee much of it’s inspiration came off of elements from Victor’s story. 

It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world, after all this time, for Sean to let Victor in on the cash flow.

Sean was the one who took out the ad in variety, raised all the money, produced and directed the film, and basically took all the risk. 

Victor put in a lot of hard work to rip off Halloween without actually ripping off Halloween, but without Sean he would have never had the idea or chance to. 

That’s how I see it anyway.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

if you a really are  done defending them as you say move on from here....it will be another loss for this community,  but I can tell you care about the franchise and the game other wise you would be so passionate about your post and are hurt by the way things have gone on recently and I feel for you,  we all are grieving at this point.... we are all fan boys here man. 

I'm not going anywhere until I'm made to do so. I care too much about this game and this franchise to walk away. 

You and @Big Daddy J can have all the fun you want calling me a "conspiracy theorist" or whatever makes you feel special. I've put in enough time here to brush that shit off. You can click through my post history and read all the times I've white knighted for Gun Media. My activity here speaks for itself. Regardless, I have more than a few people who agree with me on this, not just on here, but other platforms as well.

In the meantime, there are still open-ended questions here that haven't been answered and I think it's important to continue asking them until we can determine how much Gun Media is accountable for, especially as they continue to remain silent, which is well within their rights of course, but I think this community deserves a little more than that (even the angrier, nastier members). Any rational person can look at this mess and see that something doesn't quite line up.

1.) When did Gun Media know about the deadline and how much were they allowed to say?
2.) Why didn't they simply tell us in January that they might not be able to deliver on content that they had already advertised? We would've been upset, but at least we would've understood. Knowing and not telling us is virtually indefensible.
3.) What was the extent of Horror INC's relationship with Gun Media and how much say did they have over what content was pushed?
4.) How much did Horror INC's lawyer know when he told us a year ago that the lawsuit wouldn't affect the game?

Until Gun Media comes forward and takes responsibility for how messily and shadily this was handled, I think we should hold their feet to the fire. Remember, this all began because Vince told us that they were "concerned" about it as far back as January. Yet they still presented themselves as if nothing was wrong and content was still coming

That's shady af, boys and girls.

• Like 2

@DasMurich

Gun still has to pay its employees and Illfonic with that 30,000,000.00...

it also went to paying Kane for motion capture....

It also went to paying Harry Manfredini for composing music for the game.....

it also went to paying for advertising and.....

guess what some profit !!!! Surprise that’s what you are in business for!

and we don’t know why they can’t continue content after the lawsuit is complete...... it just something we have to get over.

I can tell you my opinion of what I think is the reason...... I believe the reason is because the license for Friday the 13th has been pulled from them and the only way to be able to create new content will be to deal with whoever will have the rights after the lawsuit..... and since at this point there looks to be no end to the case there will be no new content to create.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

At this point, in my eyes there's really nothing more to be said or done on the  matter because what's already set in motion shows no signs of slowing down. I guess the earliest in my mind I can even entertain the idea of this game re-starting development would be after Gun has wrapped on Project Melies, and that's what, a couple of years from now? Even then, it's incredibly lofty thinking but I'm trying to be semi-realistic here. Not saying it would happen, don't get me wrong. I'm only saying that they're already strapped in to this next game so there's no chance they won't see that through now. Would that be safe to assume?

I really wish they would concisder running a finishing fund on Kickstarter and hiring a mercenary crew to wrap everything up. I knownthey said their code would take time for a new group to figure out, but why not just factor that into the scheduling and cost? 

Its up to the fans to support it. So let us do that. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@DasMurich

Gun still has to pay its employees and Illfonic with that 30,000,000.00...

it also went to paying Kane for motion capture....

It also went to paying Harry Manfredini for composing music for the game.....

it also went to paying for advertising and.....

guess what some profit !!!! Surprise that’s what you are in business.

All of that was already paid for by the KickStarter campaign.

Game sales were 100% profit, which doesn't help to debunk the "Cash Grab" theory.