Jump to content
damnenchiladas

NHA Director Responds to Out of Context Quote

Recommended Posts

Quote

As we all should know by now, the legal case stipulated that all no new Friday the 13th content could be created from scratch after January of 2018.

January. Not June. For 6 months they hid it. From backers. From consumers. 

Wouldn't it be reasonable, given the deception, to offer a refund to anyone who bought the game between January and June (when they finally disclosed the content issue)?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 2moar said:

What i'm pointing out is how you came into this with a horrible attitude and started coming after the community with some pretty harsh words, all because people used your quotes, and you've admitted you should have been clearer. So i'm just saying you are doing pretty much the same thing. the topic title is just out of context. thats all.

Yes, because my words were taken out of context and posted across multiple social media platforms in the blink of an eye, so you could bet I was unhappy with the way things played out. What bothers me is that folks decided to run off with my words and twist them into their beautiful mind conspiracy boards with not one person reaching out to me directly to get clarification. 

When I did follow up with some of the posters, I was met with a lot of attitude and vitrol. All I was trying to do was have a civil conversation and set the record straight. Ultimately, they were using and promoting toxicity to gain attention and that's what really set me off. That said, there were a few people like Ianthony on youtube who were very considerate of my request to clear the air. 

My expression towards the the collective was a direct result of the actions I experienced over the last few days and have been witnessing for some time now. I believe my statement is a factual description of actual behavior. If you have not been for lack of a better term, a complete dick to the devs, then you should have nothing to worry about and should take no offense to my statement. If you have, then maybe its time to rethink your strategy on whatever it is you are trying to accomplish. If it's to make the game better, negativity is not the way to do it.  


 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be offline here, but you've gotta realize the reddit community and this one here, aren't very much the same. sure there is some cross over, but really the toxicity you speak off is much more over on that, people here are much more reasonable and try to look at everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2moar said:

I may be offline here, but you've gotta realize the reddit community and this one here, aren't very much the same. sure there is some cross over, but really the toxicity you speak off is much more over on that, people here are much more reasonable and try to look at everything.

I agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 7, 2018 at 11:19 PM, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Well im a hella big fan of him and from NHA so yes, for me yes.

I know this is old but just to be clear when i 1st read ur 1st post, i read " i think I just reacted to my own post" reading back over the entire thead i realize u said he reacted, thats why i asked "is that a thing" but again 1st page vs 7th page so lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NScarlato said:

What the hell is “ghost Jason” ?

Guy in a hockey mask without red chevrons, a fish face and overly heavy footsteps, is it obvious im not a super fangirl? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeadlyD said:

Guy in a hockey mask without red chevrons, a fish face and overly heavy footsteps, is it obvious im not a super fangirl? 

Sounds terrible.  Was there discussion of adding this to the game for some reason? Never heard of it and I’ve watched the entire series numerous times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NScarlato said:

Sounds terrible.  Was there discussion of adding this to the game for some reason? Never heard of it and I’ve watched the entire series numerous times. 

Fan film, free on youtube, i guess there was talk

Never Hike Alone title

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DeadlyD said:

Fan film, free on youtube, i guess there was talk

Never Hike Alone title

Oh I tried to skim through that on YouTube once.  Fast forwarded until Jason showed up but he just pointlessly toyed around with the one character in the movie which really is not Jason at all. If it was really about Jason it would be a short film because it’s nearly always an insta-kill. Not the bumbling idiot in that movie. 

But I guess weak Jason that can’t even kill one person could have been a good fit for the current meta lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Oh I tried to skim through that on YouTube once.  Fast forwarded until Jason showed up but he just pointlessly just toyed around with the one character in the movie which really is not Jason at all. If it was really about Jason it would be a short film because it’s nearly always an insta-kill. Not the bumbling idiot in that movie. 

But I guess weak Jason that can’t even kill one person could have been a good fit for the current meta lol. 

You should go and rewatch it and don't skip, JoJo rampages through people and also terrorized the main character into having a psychotic break. The point of the film is that this counselor isn't like some chad or Mitch that you can just butcher, he made Jason earn it. It's definitely worth a full watch and I've seen movies where I skipped ahead and was dissatisfied only to watch it again later at the behest of friends and end up loving it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Evil said:

You should go and rewatch it and don't skip, JoJo rampages through people and also terrorized the main character into having a psychotic break. The point of the film is that this counselor isn't like some chad or Mitch that you can just butcher, he made Jason earn it. It's definitely worth a full watch and I've seen movies where I skipped ahead and was dissatisfied only to watch it again later at the behest of friends and end up loving it.

Jason’s MO isn’t psychological horror.   He shows up and punches someone’s head off, tears off body parts, lifts them up and snaps a neck, or impales them.  

Watching this crappy jason lightly toss someone around for 20 minutes or however much screentime he got (I really can’t suffer by trying to spend more time on the film) is not F13. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NScarlato said:

Jason’s MO isn’t psychological horror.   He shows up and punches someone’s head off, tears off body parts, lifts them up and snaps a neck, or impales them.  

Watching this crappy jason lightly toss someone around for 20 minutes or however much sceeentime he got (I really can’t suffer by trying to spend more time on the film) is not F13. 

I get what you're saying but you say it like he's intentionally trying to terrorize him but he isn't that's just the effect the encounter has on him and you're over simplifying by saying lightly tossing him around but at this point you're mind's made up so why even argue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Evil said:

I get what you're saying but you say it like he's intentionally trying to terrorize him but he isn't that's just the effect the encounter has on him and you're over simplifying by saying lightly tossing him around but at this point you're mind's made up so why even argue.

Against my better judgement I went to YouTube to re-watch the encounter with Jason. No.  Just no.   This better be another copycat Jason whose 100% a normal human or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NScarlato said:

Against my better judgement I went to YouTube to watch the encounter with Jason. No.  Just no.   This better be another copycat Jason whose 100% a normal human or something. 

Nah it's supposed to be Jason's ghost I think. I was also more thinking of when the hiker goes back for his med kit and Jason finds him. The ambulance freak out is sort of like an aftershock from when he gets stabbed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Evil said:

Nah it's supposed to be Jason's ghost I think. I was also more thinking of when the hiker goes back for his med kit and Jason finds him. The ambulance freak out is sort of like an aftershock from when he gets stabbed.

Oh.  I thought it was a WWE fighter having a bad day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NScarlato said:

Oh.  I thought it was a WWE fighter having a bad day. 

Aaaand that's enough forums for today, in gonna just stop responding now, not worth my time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never Hike Alone was pretty fucking brilliant in my opinion. Better than 8, 9, 10, and Freddy vs Jason.

Jason butchers groups and gets his ass worked once he's down to his final target, in NHA he's essentially only got the final target. It was a welcome addition to the Friday the 13th universe as far as I'm concerned. 

Other than that there's an old fan film called Back From Hell or something like that. A bunch of kids made it in the 90's and poured their little hearts in to it. It's campy, it's goofy, but their effort is worth applause. 

On Topic - All things considered, I believe that Gun was well aware of what was going on with the lawsuit and knew speculative dates, potentials, and so on. I think it's demonstrated by their decision making and ultimately the whole engine upgrade fiasco. I think they were told they could create no new content from scratch as early as January and that's why early February they stated they're only focusing on the engine upgrade and the new content coming with it, because it was already there. Uber was already there as we saw him showing up, albeit only a skin that was missing everything else. I think Gun completely blew adding him. I think this coupled with the game being so damn broken patch after patch has really just brought it to its knees. They should have been upfront. They should have told the player base that the game was focused on content content content content content because of an on going lawsuit and that they'd then focus on bugs once it was all delivered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Never Hike Alone was pretty fucking brilliant in my opinion. Better than 8, 9, 10, and Freddy vs Jason.

Jason butchers groups and gets his ass worked once he's down to his final target, in NHA he's essentially only got the final target. It was a welcome addition to the Friday the 13th universe as far as I'm concerned. 

Other than that there's an old fan film called Back From Hell or something like that. A bunch of kids made it in the 90's and poured their little hearts in to it. It's campy, it's goofy, but their effort is worth applause. 

On Topic - All things considered, I believe that Gun was well aware of what was going on with the lawsuit and knew speculative dates, potentials, and so on. I think it's demonstrated by their decision making and ultimately the whole engine upgrade fiasco. I think they were told they could create no new content from scratch as early as January and that's why early February they stated they're only focusing on the engine upgrade and the new content coming with it, because it was already there. Uber was already there as we saw him showing up, albeit only a skin that was missing everything else. I think Gun completely blew adding him. I think this coupled with the game being so damn broken patch after patch has really just brought it to its knees. They should have been upfront. They should have told the player base that the game was focused on content content content content content because of an on going lawsuit and that they'd then focus on bugs once it was all delivered.

Honestly that would have mitigated almost everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, damnenchiladas said:

29695516_471148986633213_284771485312656

 

 

He looks good, but needs way more efficiency in his killing to be a threat.

Where is the Jason who can throw a knife and hit someone in the forehead from 3 football fields away?  Here Jason helplessly swipes at someone and keeps missing.

This felt more an homage to Wolf Creek with F13 branding.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

He looks good, but needs way more efficiency in his killing to be a threat.

Where is the Jason who can throw a knife and hit someone in the forehead from 3 football fields away?  Here Jason helplessly swipes at someone and keeps missing.

This felt more an homage to Wolf Creek with F13 branding.  

In our film Jason has been dormant for almost 30 years and then is set up against a character who is actually aware of his surroundings and equipped to fight back.

I mean, Jason has had is ass whooped by girls and children half his size for over 30 years. I think it’s OK for an experianced outdoorsman to give him a little bit of a challenge. 

That was the point of the film, to show what it would be like to go toe to toe with Jason and we did it on a 40K budget. If we had more tools and toys, we would have pushed that further. I wrote scene where Kyle stabbed Jason mutliple times but that element had to be removed. If the budget was there, we would have increased the danger and level of stunt work. 

You should try listening to one of the interviews I’ve done where I go into these details a little more. Just did one with Will I Like It Reviews that talks about this aspect.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

In our film Jason has been dormant for almost 30 years and then is set up against a character who is actually aware of his surroundings and equipped to fight back.

I mean, Jason has had is ass whooped by girls and children half his size for over 30 years. I think it’s OK for an experianced outdoorsman to give him a little bit of a challenge. 

That was the point of the film, to show what it would be like to go toe to toe with Jason and we did it on a 40K budget. If we had more tools and toys, we would have pushed that further. I wrote scene where Kyle stabbed Jason mutliple times but that element had to be removed. If the budget was there, we would have increased the danger and level of stunt work. 

You should try listening to one of the interviews I’ve done where I go into these details a little more. Just did one with Will I Like It Reviews that talks about this aspect.

That makes a lot of sense.  I should have been more thoughtful that there are realities that come with smaller budgets - though $40K is impressive IMO for a fan project so congrats on raising those funds to begin with.

Hopefully with the success of the first one you get an even stronger backing for the sequel - which hopefully is possible with the rights issues going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

That makes a lot of sense.  I should have been more thoughtful that there are realities that come with smaller budgets - though $40K is impressive IMO for a fan project so congrats on raising those funds to begin with.

Hopefully with the success of the first one you get an even stronger backing for the sequel - which hopefully is possible with the rights issues going on.

Appreciate that. At the end of the day as much as I wanted to push our limits, we had to keep safety in mind as well. 

40K gave us the ability to rent big lights, stunt pads, grip trucks, and all the set decoration you see in the camp. Not to mention the FX peppered throughout the film.

 

40K sounds like a lot but it goes quickly. We also spent 6-7K on creating backer rewards and shipping. 

Put it this way, a typical super low budget film in hollywood is 700K. Friday the 13th was made for that in 1979. 2009 was a 19 -21 million dollar production. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

He looks good, but needs way more efficiency in his killing to be a threat.

Where is the Jason who can throw a knife and hit someone in the forehead from 3 football fields away?  Here Jason helplessly swipes at someone and keeps missing.

This felt more an homage to Wolf Creek with F13 branding.  

Seriously??? I loved this Jason! Clearly he wasn’t up against some brain dead counselor this time. This guy knew how to survive. I can’t remember feeling this tense watching Jason chase someone before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×