damnenchiladas

NHA Director Responds to Out of Context Quote

6 minutes ago, 2moar said:

so you've admitted to making a fake title, didnt follow the rules in searching before you posted, double posted, and now are trying walk back calling the community names? at some point, it would be nice if you were made to follow the same rules as everyone else here.

And you can't say dont yell at us or only post positive things. when from day one, you say we are the most open and transparent devs ever, just doesn't work that way, not in game, not any job, not in life. Now not every negative thing needs to be said, be when issues aren't fixed for months and months, and flat out ignored, yeah that needs to be brought up again and again. Hell the rubberbanding issue wasn't taken serious at all, wes even tried to pass it off as a lag issue, but it happend on pc servers. so yeah some negativity is on gun

I made a fake title? I'm not sure what you mean by that. 

Yeah, I admitted to not not searching for another post and said I was happy to have this thread shut down if it made people feel better about themselves. It was decided to keep this one going and I am fine by that. I think Kodak gave a more than reasonable reason for that. 

I am not walking back on my comments, I stand by them. I just said I am not singling anyone out and more speaking to the community as a whole. 

I have nothing against dedicated members calling out issues with the game, especially when they go unaddressed for long stretches of time. How those issues are conveyed is the issue that I believe needs to be challenged.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

I made a fake title? I'm not sure what you mean by that. 

Yeah, I admitted to not not searching for another post and said I was happy to have this thread shut down if it made people feel better about themselves. It was decided to keep this one going and I am fine by that. I think Kodak gave a more than reasonable reason for that. 

I am not walking back on my comments, I stand by them. I just said I am not singling anyone out and more speaking to the community as a whole. 

I have nothing against dedicated members calling out issues with the game, especially when they go unaddressed for long stretches of time. How those issues are conveyed is the issue that I believe needs to be challenged.  

It has nothing to do with "Feeling better about myself" That is just ignorant to say. It is about following rules, Kodiak's reasoning was bullshit but hey he is a mod so rules for him are merely a suggestion

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, 2moar said:

you were not misquoted at all, and you've finally admitted it, so yeah your title is fake and clickbaity. 

So you have issue with how people call out the devs, yet your topic title is a lie?

1 minute ago, Official_Adam_W said:

It has nothing to do with "Feeling better about myself" That is just ignorant to say. It is about following rules, Kodiak's reasoning was bullshit but hey he is a mod so rules for him are merely a suggestion

Let's not do this guys. The problem isn't what @damnenchiladas has said. We all know what the real problem is and it ain't his fault. 

@2moar you giving the man hell over a thread title. That's not the issue. He's said what he needed to say, leave it there.

@Official_Adam_W We know how this forum is. We are here every day. Mods are gonna do what they want, justify it any way they see fit and ignore you when you bitch. That's how this works.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Let's not do this guys. The problem isn't what @damnenchiladas has said. We all know what the real problem is and it ain't his fault. 

@2moar you giving the man hell over a thread title. That's not the issue. He's said what he needed to say, leave it there.

@Official_Adam_W We know how this forum is. We are here every day. Mods are gonna do what they want, justify it any way they see fit and ignore you when you bitch. That's how this works.

My only issue with what he said i already pointed out and i will leave it at that. Other than that i have no issues with @damnenchiladas

Back to your regular scheduled foruming

• Like 1

Why are we getting statements from everyone but the devs?

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, 2moar said:

you were not misquoted at all, and you've finally admitted it, so yeah your title is fake and clickbaity. 

So you have issue with how people call out the devs, yet your topic title is a lie?

"Finally admitted it?" - lol dude get off your high horse. 

But someone taking my quote out of context, pairing it with someone else words, and then using that to spread false information is OK? That is the issue at hand here, not the title I chose. Technically by pairing my words with someone elses to make it look like my words, I was misquoted. 

My words were taken out of context and I was never consulted. I took actions I deemed necessary to answer the way my words were being perceived. I think all and all I have been pretty open, honest, and communicative about this whole situation. 

If you want to sit here an nitpick the semantics of this thread's title and how it came to be then that is your prerogative, but it really has noting to do with the conversation at hand and it is a waste of time to continue discussing.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First of all, it goes without saying but thank you to @damnenchiladas for having the fortitude to come here and answer questions pertaining to all of this. It shows a lot more courage than I can say for some to come forward and address the community head on. That being said, as @TheHansonGoons put it, really nobody is mad at your comments, so I hope you don't take it personally but the way I see it, if any perceived negativity is being directed towards you @damnenchiladas, it's simply because people are inappropriately targeting you as some kind of whipping boy/proxy for their real frustrations towards Gun. You've been gracious enough otherwise throughout this thread.

Slightly on topic, @damnenchiladas, but was there any semblance of a mock-up for GJ when you visited Gun? I don't necessarily mean a crude skeleton model or sketches, but any discussion pertaining to the character's stats, weapon, what have you? I know you said all parties had tabled any proceedings but I was curious to know if you all had spitballed ideas even casually. It's interesting to think about what could have been.

• Like 1

Listen guys, I don't mean to ghost everyone but I do not intend to spend my first day off in two weeks in front of a computer all day. Feel free to leave comments and questions and I'll do my best to answer them sometime this week. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2moar said:

well, first he says the community misquoted him, and then calls them names, thats pretty bad, and he should be able to get away with it, just any other member wouldn't.

what's the points in having rules if some guy, who's majority of his post are shilling his fan movie, doesn't have to follow them? with all the importance on the community and trying to make it better, it would seem that everything should be fair.

Remember, I'm probably more of the SOB he was talking about than you are. I rarely see you say anything horrible in the forum. You're a good member, better than a lot, including me.

Fact is, this guy has every right to "shill" his film. He worked hard on it and it's a good film.

He's not Gun Media. He's a bystander who had a small piece of insight that was taken out of context. Even the dude that shared it apologized for the misunderstanding.

It's a thread title. Changing it doesn't change the thread. You, me, the people here do. Cut the dude some slack. You wanna be upset? Be upset in the right direction.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

First of all, it goes without saying but thank you to @damnenchiladas for having the fortitude to come here and answer questions pertaining to all of this. It shows a lot more courage than I can say for some to come forward and address the community head on. That being said, as @TheHansonGoons put it, really nobody is mad at your comments, so I hope you don't take it personally but the way I see it, if any perceived negativity is being directed towards you @damnenchiladas, it's simply because people are inappropriately targeting you as some kind of whipping boy/proxy for their real frustrations towards Gun. You've been gracious enough otherwise throughout this thread.

Slightly on topic, @damnenchiladas, but was there any semblance of a mock-up for GJ when you visited Gun? I don't necessarily mean a crude skeleton model or sketches, but any discussion pertaining to the character's stats, weapon, what have you? I know you said all parties had tabled any proceedings but I was curious to know if you all had spitballed ideas even casually. It's interesting to think about what could have been.

I completely agree with everything you said

1 minute ago, damnenchiladas said:

Listen guys, I don't mean to ghost everyone but I do not intend to spend my first day off in two weeks in front of a computer all day. Feel free to leave comments and questions and I'll do my best to answer them sometime this week. 

Enjoy your day off and sorry about the negativity. Emotions run wild during this time and once again thank you for even coming here to talk, it's more than I could've hoped for.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Thank you and no there was never anything done for Ghost. It was just an idea that we were tossing back and forth since there was a lot of requests to add him into the game. 

That said, part of the work we are doing for our pitch to make NHA 2 one day involves some pre-visualization work that will include a fairly high res CG model of Jason. It will be a while before we get to those stages but once he is built I will be more than happy to share photos of what we create. 

• Like 3

Just now, damnenchiladas said:

Thank you and no there was never anything done for Ghost. It was just an idea that we were tossing back and forth since there was a lot of requests to add him into the game. 

That said, part of the work we are doing for our pitch to make NHA 2 one day involves some pre-visualization work that will include a fairly high res CG model of Jason. It will be a while before we get to those stages but once he is built I will be more than happy to share photos of what we create. 

I finally have something to be very happy about!!! NHA 2, any idea when I should keep an eye out for it or somewhere to follow progress on it?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

"Finally admitted it?" - lol dude get off your high horse. 

But someone taking my quote out of context, pairing it with someone else words, and then using that to spread false information is OK? That is the issue at hand here, not the title I chose. Technically by pairing my words with someone elses to make it look like my words, I was misquoted. 

My words were taken out of context and I was never consulted. I took actions I deemed necessary to answer the way my words were being perceived. I think all and all I have been pretty open, honest, and communicative about this whole situation. 

If you want to sit here an nitpick the semantics of this thread's title and how it came to be then that is your prerogative, but it really has noting to do with the conversation at hand and it is a waste of time to continue discussing.  

What i'm pointing out is how you came into this with a horrible attitude and started coming after the community with some pretty harsh words, all because people used your quotes, and you've admitted you should have been clearer. So i'm just saying you are doing pretty much the same thing. the topic title is just out of context. thats all.

13 minutes ago, pans said:

Why are we getting statements from everyone but the devs?

Ding ding ding. That is the issue in a nut shell.

22 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Remember, I'm probably more of the SOB he was talking about than you are. I rarely see you say anything horrible in the forum. You're a good member, better than a lot, including me.

Fact is, this guy has every right to "shill" his film. He worked hard on it and it's a good film.

He's not Gun Media. He's a bystander who had a small piece of insight that was taken out of context. Even the dude that shared it apologized for the misunderstanding.

It's a thread title. Changing it doesn't change the thread. You, me, the people here do. Cut the dude some slack. You wanna be upset? Be upset in the right direction.

Haha. Trust me I feel bad that most of my time here is spent answering questions in the NHA thread and promoting the film. Honestly, I miss the days where Bloody-Disgusting's forums were populated with Friday fans willing to talk for hours about the subject for days on end. 

If I had more time I'd probably be more involved with everything going on here but my schedule does not allow for that. If there were more hours in the day I would certainly be here discussing all aspects of the franchise. 

The only reason I am spending so much time in here with this is because I fully admit I stepped on a big bag of flaming shit with the way I worded my response to the Gj questions on reddit. I owe it to the devs for all the kindness they have shown me to clean up a mess I created. The last thing they need is more grief, esp on my behalf.  

15 minutes ago, 2moar said:

What i'm pointing out is how you came into this with a horrible attitude and started coming after the community with some pretty harsh words, all because people used your quotes, and you've admitted you should have been clearer. So i'm just saying you are doing pretty much the same thing. the topic title is just out of context. thats all.

You think those words were harsh? I feel like I was being fairly tame. I didn't even spell out the vulgarity. 

And like I said. I didn't single anyone out or point fingers. Just describing and overall outlook of how this entire community is being perceived from the outside. Even if you are all making valid points, your messages are being lost within the negativity surrounding the statements being made. 

And I am not saying you are completley incorrect with your assessment, you are just spending a lot of time and energy on what is essentially splitting hairs. 

17 minutes ago, Evil said:

I finally have something to be very happy about!!! NHA 2, any idea when I should keep an eye out for it or somewhere to follow progress on it?

It's a long term goal and we won't have anything to report on that subject any time soon. 

All I can say is that Thom and Andrew are both on board to return and we are doing our best to get our idea in front of the potential studios. 

If you want to stay on top of things just follow us on social media @wompstompfilms across the board. 

• Like 2

dude you gotta stop double posting and follow the rules man.

And yeah calling the community that has stuck with the game, that gets broken more and more with each patch, ungrateful is pretty harsh. We've stuck with game since the kickstarter, since the bad launch, the months of silence, the months without patches.

also for whats been allowed lately, it is harsh for here.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

Haha. Trust me I feel bad that most of my time here is spent answering questions in the NHA thread and promoting the film. Honestly, I miss the days where Bloody-Disgusting's forums were populated with Friday fans willing to talk for hours about the subject for days on end. 

If I had more time I'd probably be more involved with everything going on here but my schedule does not allow for that. If there were more hours in the day I would certainly be here discussing all aspects of the franchise. 

The only reason I am spending so much time in here with this is because I fully admit I stepped on a big bag of flaming shit with the way I worded my response to the Gj questions on reddit. I owe it to the devs for all the kindness they have shown me to clean up a mess I created. The last thing they need is more grief, esp on my behalf.  

All I ever try to be on here (despite the mysterious disappearance of my posts) is honest.

You fucked up. You cleared it up. That should be the end of that. You good (as far as my opinion of you goes).

The real issue is still why Gun Media is always here to lurk or delete unflattering posts yet still too damn busy "working" to clear any of this mess themselves.

We are in this, not because members are too negative or too angry...........We are in this because a small team of "Coulda Beens" don't know how to be up front with the people who gave them all that sweet ass cash they got.

GUN....... Quit sending the Mod Squad to delete everything you don't like. Start making this forum a conversation between yourself and your community. It ain't like you code the fixes and you ain't coming up with new ideas. Y'all should have a little more time to talk now.

53 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

GUN....... Quit sending the Mod Squad to delete everything you don't like. Start making this forum a conversation between yourself and your community. It ain't like you code the fixes and you ain't coming up with new ideas. Y'all should have a little more time to talk now.

Gun does not send anyone to do anything. The forum rules are clear and members are expected to abide by them. Post removal is due to disregarding the posted rules. That is not on anyone else, that is on you. 

As I said in another thread which was brushed off, a company is not going to comment on active legal issues. No matter how much posting you do, that's not going to change that fact. Probably not what you want to hear but does not make it any less true. 

2 minutes ago, JPops said:

The forum rules are clear

As mud, and valid for the majority, not the minority.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JPops said:

Gun does not send anyone to do anything. The forum rules are clear and members are expected to abide by them. Post removal is due to disregarding the posted rules. That is not on anyone else, that is on you. 

As I said in another thread which was brushed off, a company is not going to comment on active legal issues. No matter how much posting you do, that's not going to change that fact. Probably not what you want to hear but does not make it any less true. 

Can I just fan girl about how someday there will be a nha 2? It seriously made my day..

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JPops said:

Ain't nobody asking them to speak on no lawsuit, homie. Know what you talking about before you post. Ain't that what you expect of us?

Communication means something other than "talk about legal proceedings", ya heard?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, R.J MacReady said:

As mud, and valid for the majority, not the minority.

If you have any questions you are free to PM me for clarification if needed.

@Evil I am not here to ruin that. Please continue.

6 minutes ago, JPops said:

The forum rules are clear and members are expected to abide by them.

As shown earlier this isn't the case as mods will bend them for selective people

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Ain't nobody asking them to speak on no lawsuit, homie. 

Well please enlighten me. What info would you like that isn't surrounding the legal issue? I read the forums quite a lot but there is a chance I could have missed it. What would you like to hear from the devs?

2 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

As shown earlier this isn't the case as mods will bend them for selective people

Not sure what rules have been bent but perhaps I can help clarify but that's a PM worthy discussion. 

9 minutes ago, JPops said:

I am not here to ruin that. Please continue.

Please.............elaborate on the things you are here to ruin then. You got the floor (and if you didn't, you'd just shove us out the way anyhow).

They could literally talk about anything. Not just lurk or sick the dogs on is when we speak up. Being an actual part of this community would serve them far better than seeming like the dudes that got our money and gave us some second rate, glitchfest. You ain't nobody, JPop. Being a mod don't make you no better than anyone else here. I don't know why any of you think it does.

• Haha 1