damnenchiladas

NHA Director Responds to Out of Context Quote

14 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Again, you are speculating. You don't know how much they knew, who inside the company knew, and what was disclosed. If you look at the source, you know the reddit poster had an agenda based on memes he used and the conclusion he came to. Again, your not going to get the whole story based on a single quote. The best source would be the actual court documents and transcripts. Everything else is just secondary sources that only tell a small piece of the story.

I’m getting the info directly from him in this thread. Not Reddit. 

@damnenchiladas I’m not trying to misquote you or allege Gun purposely intended for this to happen. So let my TRY to understand this. And please correct or confirm. First, Gun always knew they couldn’t create new content after January 2018, correct? Which is what I understand from you. And they always knew about the court date deadline? Be it in June 2018, or whatever. They were just caught off guard by the sudden June 2018 cutoff recently, correct? But they always knew the date wa coming, they just hoped, and assumed it wouldn’t affect the game? 

8 hours ago, damnenchiladas said:

Hey Adam. Thank you for your taking the time to share my comments in this thread. I was playing catch up on a few notifications in my in box and posted this thread without seeing that you had already done so. I honestly don't care which thread is active, but I do appreciate having a chance to lead the conversation on this subject since it is somewhat personal. No hard feelings? 

I have no issues with you on this matter, although as i have heard mods say in the past on these forums to search for any similar topic before creating a new one, and since they didn't i guess they didn't care in this instance, but that would have been my suggestion to you but it is kind of moot now. However if the mods want to enforce the rules then they need to stick to them as they are as well and not bend them as they see fit regardless of the reasoning they come up with

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, makred78 said:

See, this is fine and all for you but you have to understand that everyone is not like you. For my part(and probably many others), I waited close to 30 years to play another F13th game after the NES one I played as a kid and who knows now that there's this lawsuit how much time we'll need to wait for another f13th game. Think about it for a minute, there was no lawsuit back then and there's a 28 years gap between the 2 games. I'm close to 40(yeah, I'm that old) so at this rate I probably won't see another F13th game in my gamer's life. So again maybe you don't care that much, when it dies you'll move on to the next new game and that's fine, but there's other people out there with a different view on the subject.

So did I. I still play the original on my NES emulator. I've followed every time Jason made an appearance in any game. I've played this game for many hours. At the end of the day though, it's just a game and just a form of entertainment. Even if no other Jason game comes out in my life, it doesn't change how much I enjoyed this game.

8 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

That does NOT translate to they themselves should not have a sort of standard to live by.  According to an early post made by Ben (even if he was talking more directly of the quality of their product) they DO have standards, and they are "very high standards".  That, to me, says you are not only loyal to the source material, but your passion for the project also has you willingly having your feet held to the fire, as to keep yourselves on top of EVERYTHING...  You know what I mean?

Your standards of morality and disclosures is different from my standards or the developers standards. If you look at the history of this game, delays and long periods of time between New information is the standard and how they have communicated. That may not be your standard, but that's how they been since day one. 

10 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Again, you are speculating. You don't know how much they knew, who inside the company knew, and what was disclosed. If you look at the source, you know the reddit poster had an agenda based on memes he used and the conclusion he came to. Again, your not going to get the whole story based on a single quote. The best source would be the actual court documents and transcripts. Everything else is just secondary sources that only tell a small piece of the story.

You know I could be wrong about this too. I know that Blue Wizard was told Jan 20 or something and so they jumped ahead. I never spoke to Gun about the Jan 20 date, just assuming it got laid at their feet too.

They had so much work ahead of them at that point, it was more likely for the case to resolve before new content would have been ready to launch. 

And I’ve been reading more and more of your posts. I’m not trying to say the entire player base is ungrateful or doesn’t have reasons to be upset.

You’ve all listed some valuable points and kept things relatively civil and I thank you for that.

And as someone said, no, I was not misquoted but I was taken out of context and then had that quote paired with another that was not my own. 

I also took responsibility for leaving it as open as I did. That’s why I’ve been on a mission to clarify. 

And sorry for the shitty posts, I’m on my phone. 

• Like 1

Hey @damnenchiladas....Im watching your movie now since 99% of what I post is deleted. This is gonna get deleted too. Watch!! I hope it doesn't but then again I hope nothing I post gets deleted.

But seeing as how this doesn't make GMH or the mods look bad (or does it?) it may have a chance of staying up.

Don't know if you seen what I posted earlier although I did tag you in it...... I've got it all screenshot if you wanna read it.

You know..... Since you called me a SOB. You know, cause I'm "toxic".

Speaking of!! Calling people names or being vulgar is against the rules. Anyone talk to him about that or is he one of the people that gets special treatment around here?

2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Hey @damnenchiladas....Im watching your movie now since 99% of what I post is deleted. This is gonna get deleted too. Watch!! I hope it doesn't but then again I hope nothing I post gets deleted.

But seeing as how this doesn't make GMH or the mods look bad (or does it?) it may have a chance of staying up.

Don't know if you seen what I posted earlier although I did tag you in it...... I've got it all screenshot if you wanna read it.

You know..... Since you called me a SOB.

Speaking of!! Calling people names or being vulgar is against the rules. Anyone talk to him about that or is he one of the people that gets special treatment around here?

Well they decided to close my thread on the topic he opened up 4 hours after mine. You can Read Kodiak's response on that on the page he posted it.

@damnenchiladas I am a fan of yours, but no matter what your follow up posts may say, the one thing everyone is going to continue focusing on is that Gun knew way in advance about the lawsuit. That is really the only important part, and basically every decision they made from that point on is a huge question mark. That is why there is so much hostility on this topic because Gun’s decision making was completely backwards and logic defying given the circumstances.

Basically, when you know there is even a slight chance of totally losing your ability to create content, why the hell would you choose to forgo several months of content creation just prior to that possible scenario?

I will also say there is absolutely no reason why Gun couldn’t clear this up themselves in just 1 simple post, explaining why they chose the direction they did with the engine upgrade and all, with full knowledge of a potential imminent end of content. But we still haven’t heard one peep from them on this topic and that just makes it all the more suspicious.You can think we are all conspiracy theorists if you like, but I suggest acknowledging the facts. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

At the end of the day though, it's just a game and just a form of entertainment.

It may be just a game(because yeah, it is a game) but considering how different people are and can feel toward said game, not everyone is going to react and/or move on from it the same way. I just wanted to point that out with my previous post.

Anyway this is getting off topic and for that I apologize.

27 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

You know I could be wrong about this too. I know that Blue Wizard was told Jan 20 or something and so they jumped ahead. I never spoke to Gun about the Jan 20 date, just assuming it got laid at their feet too.

Blue Wizard originally tweeted that date was a "contractual" issue. A separate blog they posted later said it was from "convoluted legal issues." So who knows if it was in their unique licensing agreement totally separate from the lawsuit, or if this was a redline across the board for all licensees. But this idea that Gun was deceptively hiding their knowledge of a deadline seems misguided, since I thought the official blog about it they said something like, "we were trying to balance new content with fixes because we knew the potential deadline was coming." I thought they said that already. Maybe I misremember, but all this talk of "proof" they knew about a deadline doesn't seem like news at all? Thought we knew they knew -- thought they said they knew. All along. 

33 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

They had so much work ahead of them at that point, it was more likely for the case to resolve before new content would have been ready to launch. 

And I’ve been reading more and more of your posts. I’m not trying to say the entire player base is ungrateful or doesn’t have reasons to be upset.

You’ve all listed some valuable points and kept things relatively civil and I thank you for that.

And as someone said, no, I was not misquoted but I was taken out of context and then had that quote paired with another that was not my own. 

I also took responsibility for leaving it as open as I did. That’s why I’ve been on a mission to clarify. 

And sorry for the shitty posts, I’m on my phone. 

I see what you are saying now a bit better. I apologize for how I misconstrued the information. So basically on Jan 20th they got hit with the content ban. They were allowed to finish anything they had begun Summer 2017, but not after, correct?

Sorry, I just want to get this information correct. Obviously you wont know the full story as you dont work there, but it seems everyone sort of received a CaD letter or whatever around that specific date is what I am trying to get at.

Either way, what was the date Wes announced they couldn't create new content? And when did they find out? That is months of hiding critical information to the selling of the game and its loyal fanbase that still plays it through everything this lifespan has gone through.

I appreciate you clearing the air about your statements, but most of us arent even made about your comments. A lot of us expected worse. Some, including myself, misused your words as evidence. I apologize for the misconception. good day to ya

12 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Either way, what was the date Wes announced they couldn't create new content? And when did they find out? 

I believe Wes' statement was made on June 11, 2018 (after a forum member had linked to a article from Bloody Disgusting)

I'm guessing they knew sometime before 12:01am on June 11.

Here's the post....

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/20022-legal-claim-and-the-road-ahead/

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

I believe Wes' statement was made on June 11, 2018 (after a forum member had linked to a article from Bloody Disgusting)

Accurate assumption! Solid detective work from the Hardy Boys again! ?

3 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Accurate assumption! Solid detective work from the Hardy Boys again! ?

Just trying to be a productive member.......and answer your question to the best of my ability. I even linked you to the source material.

The issue here is we have a bunch of pieces of the puzzle but not the whole thing, the best way this could all get cleared up is if the Devs came out and made a lengthy post breaking down everything from pre-launch to now giving timelines when as to when things happened and when knowledge of the whole lawsuit was known as well as everything else that people have mentioned over the past year.

We can only go by the evidence that we have presented before us and i for one would love for this whole mess to be cleared up. Getting that communication would help the community to understand in complete detail everything that we have been asking about. I don't think that this is asking too much. I personally would just like to get complete and thorough answers to questions and concerns that everyone has had for a long time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Just trying to be a productive member.......and answer your question to the best of my ability. I even linked you to the source material.

You are more dedicated to the community than the servers!

Just now, TheHansonGoons said:

You are more dedicated to the community than the servers!

What dedicated servers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

What dedicated servers?

Is there a where's waldo style book for Where's Dedicated Servers?

33 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

The issue here is we have a bunch of pieces of the puzzle but not the whole thing, the best way this could all get cleared up is if the Devs came out and made a lengthy post breaking down everything from pre-launch to now giving timelines when as to when things happened and when knowledge of the whole lawsuit was known as well as everything else that people have mentioned over the past year.

We can only go by the evidence that we have presented before us and i for one would love for this whole mess to be cleared up. Getting that communication would help the community to understand in complete detail everything that we have been asking about. I don't think that this is asking too much. I personally would just like to get complete and thorough answers to questions and concerns that everyone has had for a long time.

Keeping in mind I’m not sticking up for Gun or Illfonic, but what’s the fucking difference? They’ve made their statements and that’s that. A majority of the people here won’t support them in the future anyway. So if they flat out said they knew in January but decided to do the worthless engine “upgrade” instead of new content, would that make you happy? 

They aren’t gonna dig a deeper hole for themselves here. This place has always been the bastard stepchild of their social media posts. Most of the information we have received the last year has usually debuted someplace else. 

The only reason I even visit this site anymore is to see if some fix was made to make the game playable, but obviously it’s just not worth my time anymore. From the ridiculous moderating to the bans for calling people out on their shit. What a joke.

5 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

You're starting to sound like a petulant child. I understand you bringing it up once, maybe even twice. But now, it just seems like you are whining. 

Actually i do believe you are missing the point of me bringing up that argument. I am making a valid point by stating what i did. If you want to make an incorrect judgement but saying i am acting like a petulant child, all i can tell you is that you are dead wrong. I made the point clear on that matter and i have no intention of bringing it back up.

Reading some of the comments I just want to say that I am not trying to single anyone out with my "ungrateful SOB" comments. Just offering up an outside perspective of what it looks like from someone who is not here all that often. Over time I have be visiting, I have seen the negative atmospjere grow from within the forums and am now only suggesting that the members of this community stop and take a minute to ask themselves if that's what anyone wants or if it would do anyone any good. 

If you want more engagement form the devs, then create a more inviting space to have rational dialogue. A lot of the thinking I see across the boards is emotional and irrational. With recent circumstances falling into place, much of that is justifiable but at some point it has to be put to a stop.

If you don't support this game or the devs any more that is your choice and it is time for you to move on. If you do support this game and want to see it at least recive the final pieces to play smoothly,  then do so with encouragement and a little humility. On top of all they still have the do, the last thing the devs need is a group of voices yelling at them every day. 

As an example, when things got hard on Never Hike Alone it was often the positive feedback from fans that helped push us over the edge after a long weekend of unforeseen challenges. Even now, the devs need our support and I think everyone's time is better spent looking for whatever future we have left instead of focusing on the past. 

Hindsight is 20/20 and all the devs can do is learn from whatever mistakes were made. No amount of negativity is going to change that nor will it improve the game any faster. It's just a waste of everyone's time.

1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Here's the post....

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/20022-legal-claim-and-the-road-ahead/

I think it is safe to say that they had to have known about this stipulation before the exact date of the press release. How long before that I do not know for certain, but I do know it was not during my last conversation with them in the middle of the spring.  

One thing you have to keep in mind that when information like this is past down from above, it does take time for a company to sort out what it means. I am sure the first reaction of the devs was to fight it and find a way around it. When reality set in, they then had to plan for how they would deal with the stipulations that would be put in place. 

This decision also probably had an effect on some people's jobs at the company as well. As someone who has had to fire over 3/4 of my staff on a film because our overlords failed to deliver their promises on time, I can tell you that process is not easy and takes time to sort out. I am confident in saying that whenever this info was handed down, the devs had to do a lot of work and sorting out of details before they were ready to release the information about the work stoppage to the public. 

That's not a conspiracy by any stretch, it's simply due process of running a business.    

• Like 6

so you've admitted to making a fake title, didnt follow the rules in searching before you posted, double posted, and now are trying walk back calling the community names? at some point, it would be nice if you were made to follow the same rules as everyone else here.

And you can't say dont yell at us or only post positive things. when from day one, you say we are the most open and transparent devs ever, just doesn't work that way, not in game, not any job, not in life. Now not every negative thing needs to be said, be when issues aren't fixed for months and months, and flat out ignored, yeah that needs to be brought up again and again. Hell the rubberbanding issue wasn't taken serious at all, wes even tried to pass it off as a lag issue, but it happend on pc servers. so yeah some negativity is on gun

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I will say this, I love the game as i am a diehard Friday the 13th franchise fan. I have been since i saw the first one when i was 3 years old. No matter how much i enjoy playing the game will take away the dark cloud that hovers over it with all the issues and especially with concerns from the community being ignored. Add on top of that valued forum members who for the longest time were just trying to help, give opinions and make things even better for the game and in turn were shown the door or beaten down so much they decided enough was enough and left on their own. For those of us who backed the game out of love for the franchise and those that came in after wanted nothing but the best for this game and for the community and in return for the last year there has been a constant rain cloud over head that we all have not been able to escape. Like @BrokenFattHardy said, all you had to do was open the door to us and things would have turned out very different