damnenchiladas

NHA Director Responds to Out of Context Quote

10 hours ago, damnenchiladas said:

When I saw the unmasked Ted White Jason for the first time I smiled a little extra wide because I saw Ronnie's influence executed within that final design.

Well , unmasked , yeah , he Looks good but could be A bit more accurate (the jaw , the Strands of hair) but with the mask……..Damn , he Looks......weird and almost Nothing like the movie. But there are worse Things in life.

THANKS , dude for telling us , I got more and more sick because of the toxicity. It was like apocalyptic Kind of Levels. Thanks for telling us , man.

(if you wonder what I mean with Strands of hair image.png.7a489b2d4465a900949385156c930e0e.png

21 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Right, now we're getting into conspiracies and grey areas again. Just because a jigsaw piece looks like it fits with another one, it doesn't mean it's the right one. That's the exact same thing with a lot of this information people claim they have. 

Let's keep it on topic, and the topic is the director of Never Hike Alone responding to a misquote, not 'it looks like X so it must be X'.

I don't know if you're referring to @TheHansonGoons post or not, but even if he tends to make some conclusions in it with the info provided by the NHA director he is still raising some valuable questions imo. Those questions may be off topic to the thread but most of the time they are brought up elsewhere on the forums, the thread often get locked or deleted and we never get any real answers to my knowledge. This probably help fueling the fire of those so called conspiracies.

edit: It looks like I don't know how to tag people.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Right, now we're getting into conspiracies and grey areas again. Just because a jigsaw piece looks like it fits with another one, it doesn't mean it's the right one. That's the exact same thing with a lot of this information people claim they have. 

Let's keep it on topic, and the topic is the director of Never Hike Alone responding to a misquote, not 'it looks like X so it must be X'.

My post was relevant to this topic as he spoke on the "toxic element" and their effect here. Deleting my post only backs up what was said in my clear, thorough, decently worded, well mannered, opinion of why things have became what they are.

I screenshot my post, with timestamp, and can prove what I said and when.

Thank you, Gun Media and moderators, for proving me right.

@makred78 He was talking about my post. The post he deleted.

These questions are fine, no problem with that. Just private message them to whomever they may concern and if you don't get an answer, don't be disheartened. They may not be able to answer right now.

@BrokenFattHardy you can private message me if you have concerns.

@Kodiak were you referring to my post? Because that was completely relevant to the topic. Mr. DiSanti discussed timelines of when no new content could be created and it pertains to GUN knowing when the deadline was way ahead of time. 

I am not trying to smear them whatsoever but rationally expressing our concerns on said dates of notification. I can't help if it looks bad on any specific party. I am clarifying why people are upset over this issue. 

2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

He was talking about my post. The post he deleted.

I see, thanks for the info.

Yes. Just like the others, while I appreciate him clearing things up, it still shows that Gun knew about 2 different deadlines possibly since the beginning of this game. January 2018, and June 2018. I think that’s the issue everyone is having. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

My post was relevant to this topic as he spoke on the "toxic element" and their effect here. Deleting my post only backs up what was said in my clear, through, decently worded, well mannered, opinion of why things have became what they are.

I screenshot my post, with timestamp, and can prove what I said and when.

Thank you, Gun Media and moderators, for proving me right.

@makred78 He was talking about my post. The post he deleted.

Sorry to go off topic here, but type the @ symbol. Start writing their name and it should appear in a drop box below where you can click on it. Ha ha. And thank you sir

• Thanks 1

I've had to clean up this thread. Stick to the topic.

Both the forum posters and developers have fueled this dumpster fire of an issue. Developers aren't going to share every bit of information at all hours of the night. No matter how many people beg, complain and accuse, no new content is coming. Even if you uncovered some conspiracy, guns not going to be like, "you have uncovered our secrets, now we will add content again." If you really dislike how gun handled the game, don't play it, don't post about it, just ignore the game.

I personally think the developers bit off more than they could chew with this project. They kick started the project so they didn't have to adhere to a larger studio demands, but with that decision, they also lacked the resources to properly implement dedicated servers. they also didn't have enough resources for large scale QA testing. Fans were ready to jump on every little mistake. Pair that with donors feeling a sense of entitlement and a lawsuit, and you have a dumpster fire.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I've had to clean up this thread. Stick to the topic.

you deleted posts that were relevant to the topic. that’s not cleaning up the thread, that’s silencing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Riot_Dame said:

you deleted posts that were relevant to the topic. that’s not cleaning up the thread, that’s silencing. 

No, posts have been removed for either spreading false information (essentially slandering), for being abusive or for going off topic.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

However, I am concerned about your comments of "any content not started before Summer 2017 had to be finished by January 2018". Maybe I am reading into this wrong, but it sounds as if Gun knew this would happen last summer. With the game being released last May, does that mean they knew the entire time? 

This. 

Being upfront and completely transparent would have gone a long, long way. 

I'm sorry but I just don't see that their announcement about abandoning the roadmap for the engine upgrade at the beginning of February was a coincidence. 

• Like 3

@Manny1985  When people/ a company ask possible investors for money, isn't it in EVERYONE'S best interest for full disclosure on a possible legal issue before money switches hands?  If there was some sort of NDA on the situation, then it's shadiness on everyone involveds part, KNOWING you are taking money for something that is going to be haulted, while at the same time promoting a hypothetical "long lifespan" for the game.  If there was no sort of NDA, then that is wholly on GUN and, to an extension, Illfonic, for not being fully upfront about the situation and possible (now real) legal ramifications early on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

When people/ a company ask possible investors for money, isn't it in EVERYONE'S best interest for full disclosure on a possible legal issue before money switches hands?

Yes yes and yes. The team I work with just obtained an IP and there was a lot, and I mean a lot, of things to be covered especially since 2 entities other than ourselves have been granted use of that same IP in very different forms. This all had to be ironed out in order for us to pursue funding. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

@Manny1985  When people/ a company ask possible investors for money, isn't it in EVERYONE'S best interest for full disclosure on a possible legal issue before money switches hands?  If there was some sort of NDA on the situation, then it's shadiness on everyone involveds part, KNOWING you are taking money for something that is going to be haulted, while at the same time promoting a hypothetical "long lifespan" for the game.  If there was no sort of NDA, then that is wholly on GUN and, to an extension, Illfonic, for not being fully upfront about the situation and possible (now real) legal ramifications early on.

Indeed. And it seems the recent NHA explanation in this thread confirms that Gun always knew about this deadline that would essentially kill the game. They just hid it and hoped the case would be resolved by then. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

Sure, but while gun is effected by the suit, that doesn't mean they receive every court document nor do they have access to every bit of information themselves. All people can do is speculate. Do we know 100 percent without a doubt they knew the suit would result in the situation we are now?  No. Are people trying to create a narrative that gun knew the whole time and only made the game to take people's money? Yes. Is this narrative true? Who knows, who cares. I enjoy the game. Even if it dies, I will move to the next one.

beside kickstarter doesn't have policies or disclosures requirements for groups raising capital. So donors should be well aware of giving money to a game like this. Also, people who purchases this game should also know that buying a game that originated from crowd funding can be a gamble. Research or buy at your own risk.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

No, posts have been removed for either spreading false information (essentially slandering), for being abusive or for going off topic.

If your talking about @BrokenFattHardy post,there was no false information only what you don’t want to hear.if you would allow it I’m sure there could be a bunch of posts from former memebers that took screenshots of communication to verify but I know how this will be answered. Locked!

16 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Indeed. And it seems the recent NHA explanation in this thread confirms that Gun always knew about this deadline that would essentially kill the game. They just hid it and hoped the case would be resolved by then. 

You are ignoring my statements. Gun DID NOT know about the June deadline that far in advance. Their release plans went well into this year and possibly beyond if fans were willing to keep supporting the game.

Even Blue Wizard was caught off guard by a sudden date change and were lucky enough to get their game together for a soft launch like 3 months prior to their original date. 

If these dates were made public early on, I would safely assume both companies would have acted differently in terms on their long term planning. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Sure, but while gun is effected by the suit, that doesn't mean they receive every court document nor do they have access to every bit of information themselves. All people can do is speculate. Do we know 100 percent without a doubt they knew the suit would result in the situation we are now?  No. Are people trying to create a narrative that gun knew the whole time and only made the game to take people's money? Yes. Is this narrative true? Who knows, who cares. I enjoy the game. Even if it dies, I will move to the next one.

beside kickstarter doesn't have policies or disclosures requirements for groups raising capital. So donors should be well aware of giving money to a game like this. Also, people who purchases this game should also know that buying a game that originated from crowd funding can be a gamble. Research or buy at your own risk.

What we do know now, from the director of NHA, is that Gun always knew they couldn’t create new content after January 2018. That was never conveyed to anybody. And that they knew about the June 2018 court deadline. Not sure how far in advance.  They just hoped it wouldn’t affect the game. 

7 minutes ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

If your talking about @BrokenFattHardy post,there was no false information only what you don’t want to hear.if you would allow it I’m sure there could be a bunch of posts from former memebers that took screenshots of communication to verify but I know how this will be answered. Locked!

Well said here. Almost all of @BrokenFattHardy's and @Brigadius's comments pertained to how the community was addressed in the director's post and statement. It was on topic, and helped elaborate on how certain issues continuously arise. The deletion of his post only exemplifies the behavior.

As for my opinion, I believe Gun wanted to keep making content. I think they have content ready that they cant release. I think they hoped the dust would have metaphorically settled by now. Unfortunately circumstances show otherwise. However, I think the director's statement nearly pinpoints how long ago Gun was made aware of this situation that is ultimately killing the game and its community.

4 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

You are ignoring my statements. Gun DID NOT know about the June deadline that far in advance. Their release plans went well into this year and possibly beyond if fans were willing to keep supporting the game.

Even Blue Wizard was caught off guard by a sudden date change and were lucky enough to get their game together for a soft launch like 3 months prior to their original date. 

If these dates were made public early on, I would safely assume both companies would have acted differently in terms on their long term planning. 

Yes. But they did always know about the January 2018 deadline. Correct? I’m not ignoring your statement. I’m trying to fully understand the details. 

26 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Even if it dies, I will move to the next one.

See, this is fine and all for you but you have to understand that everyone is not like you. For my part(and probably many others), I waited close to 30 years to play another F13th game after the NES one I played as a kid and who knows now that there's this lawsuit how much time we'll need to wait for another one. Think about it for a minute, there was no lawsuit back then and there's a 28 years gap between the 2 games. I'm close to 40(yeah, I'm that old) so at this rate I probably won't see another F13th game in my gamer's life. So again maybe you don't care that much, when it dies you'll move on to the next new game and that's fine, but there's other people out there with a different view on the subject.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

beside kickstarter doesn't have policies or disclosures requirements for groups raising capital. 

That does NOT translate to they themselves should not have a sort of standard to live by.  According to an early post made by Ben (even if he was talking more directly of the quality of their product) they DO have standards, and they are "very high standards".  That, to me, says you are not only loyal to the source material, but your passion for the project also has you willingly having your feet held to the fire, as to keep yourselves on top of EVERYTHING...  You know what I mean?  There are also many other posts made (again, early on, and NOT just by Ben, unless those posts have been deleted or edited since) speaking to their willingness for transparency on internal workings and such.  I would think a legal situation is a BIG internal issue.

Just now, The Milwauking Dead said:

What we do know now, from the director of NHA, is that Gun always knew they couldn’t create new content after January 2018. That was never conveyed to anybody. And that they always knew about the June 2018 court deadline. They just hoped it wouldn’t affect the game. 

Again, you are speculating. You don't know how much they knew, who inside the company knew, and what was disclosed. If you look at the source, you know the reddit poster had an agenda based on memes he used and the conclusion he came to. Again, your not going to get the whole story based on a single quote. The best source would be the actual court documents and transcripts. Everything else is just secondary sources that only tell a small piece of the story.

• Like 1