damnenchiladas

NHA Director Responds to Out of Context Quote

19 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Not being funny mate but the problem with a post like this is its making a lot of assumptions bordering on accusations. 

Too much of this - 'it seems like' 'they wouldve' 'if that is true' 'it sounds like' etc. 

It comes across as trying hard to discredit the devs but at the same time with nothing factual. 

I used those words because I don't have all the information and am not going to outright damn them on what could be misinformation. But based on what I've read, I have started to form an opinion and this is just that, my opinion. It could be wholly wrong and when presented with all the facts or more information my opinion may very well change. But this is just what I'm thinking currently with what I've been presented with. 

Without seeing the whole picture we can only really guess what is going on. I honestly would love to be wrong about this but with the current pieces on the table this is what I came to. That's the thing, when a shit situation pops up and nobody involved gives solid info on it people will formulate ideas on what they have access to. 

So yes this is just my thought process, didn't mean to imply this is what happened.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, damnenchiladas said:

At every turn the developers listened to our feedback and even dealt with a large section of ungrateful SOB's that bitched and moaned at every single corner. 
I

so what makes your or other's input feedback and others bitching and moaning? or make them ungrateful or SOB's? is it because they didnt suck up?

To make a huge generalization like that is absurd and only creates toxicity. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Not trying to take your comment out of context, but this sentence sounds like they knew they couldn't create future content from scratch after January but announced in February that content would resume after the engine update. That coupled with the June announcement of no future content,  it sounds like they had a six month window to add all content that was in the works before all content production most stop completely. 

If that is true then Gun knew at most they would only have a few weeks to finish all unfinished content after they halted all content production for months. Plus they would have know no new content that wasn't already started couldn't be added before the February announcement. It just seems like they knew for a while that more content wasn't actually going to happen. 

Kinda always been like that and not just on the forum. That's basically how life works lol

I understand what you are saying but there is one specific difference. That January date had no effect on the material that had already begun production on in summer of 2017. Everything you saw announced was cleared for that date.

Items barred were any sort of creation of new content after that January date. Take Ghost Jason as a hypothetical. Even if Gun wanted to put him in the game, they would be legally barred from beginning production because there was no previous progress made on that element of the game prior to January. I am not a lawyer so I don't know exactly why or how that works. Make a point to go watch one of Larry Zerner's interviews he is doing on the subject. If you catch one live, ask questions in the comments section and I am sure he can explain it much better than I can. 

As far as Blue Wizard goes they had not even launched yet, only made announcements of what they were up to the point that date was announced. But instead of me yammering on, just read what their creator had to say on that subject: http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2018/07/blue-wizards-jason-kapalka-explains.html

You ask why didn't Gun create content before that date like Blue Wizard? Well, they did. They just happened to start in the summer of 2017 and had already been launched many months prior. That's why they were able to continue releasing elements over the later winter and early spring. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2moar said:

so what makes your or other's input feedback and others bitching and moaning? or make them ungrateful or SOB's? is it because they didnt suck up?

Yeah, you probably should never call the consumers ungrateful SOB's lol. That's like business 101. No matter how hard they make it on you, publicly hating on the consumers that buy your product is never a good thing. 

I do think that the opinions of friends and friendly supporters were taken into account more here though. Best way to make changes to any product is to poll the base not a select group that you personally like dealing with. Because, then the product skews of course and all the consumers are like what just happened. 

14 minutes ago, 2moar said:

I'll accept that but some of you really need to hear that. I'm not hear to stroke the devs egos, I have my issues with the game, but there is no way anyone can look at some of the conversations happening in these forums and on social media and say everything is just fine. Victor Miller was receiving death threats 3 weeks ago. The devs are being roasted like a pack of Salem witches on some sort of internet kangaroo court. 

I mean, I get it. No new content sucks. The fact that I got grabbed through a closed door the other day also sucks. And that I lose countless points because games drop and hosts quit. It's all frustrating. So very frustrating. But never ever will I accuse Gun of not doing all they can to do the best they can for this game. Being an indie is not easy and doing your job everyday within a toxic atmosphere doesn't make it any easier. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Official_Adam_W this would be a duplicate, however considering your original thread was based around this gent who has come here to talk to us, I think it would be more courteous and appropriate to let him speak for himself. It's not your wrong-doing by any means, it's just a lot of people have been talking about the stuff that was misquoted/taken the wrong way, so allowing @damnenchiladas his own thread to address everyone would be the most appropriate thing to do in this instance. 

Rules are indeed rules, but sometimes things happen that aren't accounted for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Yeah, you probably should never call the consumers ungrateful SOB's lol. That's like business 101. No matter how hard they make it on you, publicly hating on the consumers that buy your product is never a good thing. 

I do think that the opinions of friends and friendly supporters were taken into account more here though. Best way to make changes to any product is to poll the base not a select group that you personally like dealing with. Because, then the product skews of course and all the consumers are like what just happened. 

I can't account for who is getting what kind of say in the forums because I typically do not spend enough time in here to really know. I just know that what I have seen hasn't be very friendly and I can't imagine why anyone would want to take any sort of input with insults. 

Just because someone doesn't listen to your idea doesn't mean they didn't take it into consideration. At the end of the day none of us are underneath the hood so we don't really know all of the factors that go into every decision. However, the devs have been pretty forward with what their plans of action are.  Even though I have taken issues with some of the decisions they have made, I've never had a problem with the overall direction of the game. 

Everyone in these forums ultimately gets to hypothesize solutions without ever having to take any responsibility for the actions that are put in place. If you are able to contribute an idea that is implemented by the devs, good for you, but then I hope you also stand by it good or bad. No matter the outcome, the goal is always to improve and not let a bad result keep you from accomplishing a more promising final outcome. 

Just remember that at the end of the day we all have the same goal; for the game to run as smoothly and balanced with as much Friday the 13th content possible. We may be out of content, but there is still plenty of work to be done on the stability of the game. That is something that can and will happen according to what the devs have stated. 

If you have ideas, that's great, but if you aren't on the ground floor making the sausage then just do your best to reserve your judgement on the ones who are.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, damnenchiladas said:

[A big quote]

Thank you for taking the time to come and explain stuff like this. This actually answers a lot of questions I had. One thing I am curious about though, do you know why the cutoff date was January for Killer Puzzle but not until June for this game?

EDIT: Nevermind, you sort of answered that in a later post I missed.

53 minutes ago, damnenchiladas said:

I'll accept that but some of you really need to hear that. I'm not hear to stroke the devs egos, I have my issues with the game, but there is no way anyone can look at some of the conversations happening in these forums and on social media and say everything is just fine. Victor Miller was receiving death threats 3 weeks ago. The devs are being roasted like a pack of Salem witches on some sort of internet kangaroo court. 

I mean, I get it. No new content sucks. The fact that I got grabbed through a closed door the other day also sucks. And that I lose countless points because games drop and hosts quit. It's all frustrating. So very frustrating. But never ever will I accuse Gun of not doing all they can to do the best they can for this game. Being an indie is not easy and doing your job everyday within a toxic atmosphere doesn't make it any easier. 

the miller stuff was allowed to go on for 2 and half days here without gun saying crap, and mods saying you can do that, just not here, that is utter crap on guns part. and they should be roasted for that

And no one has said everything everyone is saying is fine, but you, and it seems like you are speaking for the devs, cause you actually have contact with them, and calling the fan base SOB's and ungrateful, is pretty shit, and really people have been banned for less than that. It really shows the rules aren't applied the same.

If the Devs or Shifty posted here, and actually communicated like they always have said the would, pretty much all of this would have been mitigated from the start, but time and time again, they dont say anything and let little camp fires build into raging wild fires. so at least 60% of all this or more started and lays at their feet. Instead we have to look their twitter feeds and replies to see what the hell is actually happening with the game 95% of the time, and then they get mad and pissed off when people call them out on twitter.

So sorry if some of the fanbase who backed and bought this game are a bit tired of being jerk around so much, and that isn't some tinfoil hat bs, just look at the broken promises and loose truths they've told.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2moar said:

the miller stuff was allowed to go on for 2 and half days here without gun saying crap, and mods saying you can do that, just not here, that is utter crap on guns part. and they should be roasted for that

And no one has said everything everyone is saying is fine, but you, and it seems like you are speaking for the devs, cause you actually have contact with them, and calling the fan base SOB's and ungrateful, is pretty shit, and really people have been banned for less than that. It really shows the rules aren't applied the same.

If the Devs or Shifty posted here, and actually communicated like they always have said the would, pretty much all of this would have been mitigated from the start, but time and time again, they dont say anything and let little camp fires build into raging wild fires. so at least 60% of all this or more started and lays at their feet. Instead we have to look their twitter feeds and replies to see what the hell is actually happening with the game 95% of the time, and then they get mad and pissed off when people call them out on twitter.

So sorry if some of the fanbase who backed and bought this game are a bit tired of being jerk around so much, and that isn't some tinfoil hat bs, just look at the broken promises and loose truths they've told.

'Mods saying you can do that, just not here'. What are you referring to, and who said it? I don't recall any of us saying 'you can be abusive to Mr. Miller, just not on these forums'. Why on Earth would we ever condone that? And no, they shouldn't be 'roasted'. What makes you think that's appropriate?

People have been banned for personally attacking other people and being abusive. Enchiladas says that there's a lot of toxicity surrounding the game currently and there are a lot of ungrateful people. The rules are being applied the same; I don't see him attacking anyone personally or being abusive. It's pretty tame for you to base your claim of 'the rules aren't applied the same'. I'd apply the rules the exact same way I would anyone else, there's no favoritism even though he and his other staff made an excellent fan movie.

I'm sure the devs and publishers understand everyone's frustrations, but it definitely does not entitle anyone to come and start verbally assaulting them. Constructive criticism is welcome but abuse isn't.

3 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

'

Pople have been banned for personally attacking other people and being abusive.

an yet we know of 1 who tried to do it in a pm an was shown to have done this publicly, but yeah "people" are banned for it, these forums are dead, theres no point for me to return to them 

Well what do you want me to say, really? I won't say anything about disciplinary actions but you can figure out for yourself what happens if you keep breaking the rules.

Let's not let this get off-topic, if anyone wants to talk about Mr. DiSanti's original post then by all means, please continue. Let's not make this into another thread of unrelated questions though.

Also, forums are very much not dead :) Far from it.

• Like 2

the forums aren't dead, like the game isn't dead on steam. just fewer and fewer people here and there.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, damnenchiladas said:

Greetings Friday Fans.

I would like to take a moment to address some comments that have been floating around the internet regarding myself and the Friday the 13th video game.

Thank you to anyone who has read all the way through this and I hope to play with many of you on the game in the near future. If anyone wants to discuss this matter further, they can do so by reaching out to me at contact@wompstompfilms.com.

Sincerely,

Vincente DiSanti

Thank you for clearing this up.

Edited by JF13
excessivle long post,shortened it,sorry

8 hours ago, damnenchiladas said:

I didn't see the other thread when I made the post so that's on me. Someone sent me the other thread where you guys went on for 15 pages misquoting me. I jumped to to post the response but it was locked so I just created a new thread. 

More like 15 pages of us getting off topic and pissing around :D

7 hours ago, damnenchiladas said:

[A big quote - Please don't quote excessively long posts; it's listed in the rules]

-Kodiak

Damn. Well now I’m even more bummed because we could have had Ghost Jason. Thanks for explaining though. 

7 hours ago, Evil said:

Any way I can get a DVD of it?

6 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

I wonder if he is allowed to put it up on a place like Amazon Digital. Would love to have it in my collection there. 

They recently did a physical run on indiegogo. You missed your chance, but at least it's on YouTube. I'm sure there will be some on eBay after they ship them out.

@damnenchiladas thanks for clarifying. I never even read that original article. Any hate you've seen from me towards the devs is because of other things that have occurred. I don't care when they found out about this, my problem is that they've pretty much given up on us. It is what it is, but that doesn't make it right.

@damnenchiladas, thank you for that explanation, it now makes sense about ghost Jason and killer puzzle.

I wish the devs would be as clear as you are about things.

There was no "misquote."  The quote was yours.  You don't agree with the way it was interpreted, and you believe that it was taken out of context, but it was not a "misquote."

Sorry to nitpick, but there are a lot of issues this community is dealing with now.  We're trying to piece this thing together, which wouldn't be necessary if the devs would be upfront with us.  Before I receive a "warning," I am not saying the devs lied to us.  But they have not told us any of this January information.  So people used your quote (again, NOT a "misquote"), paired with the devs' lack of statement on this issue, to try to "fill in the blanks."

Have people been unfair to the devs, or misjudged their actions or intentions?  Yes, probably.  But again...what do you expect?  When you have people who funded this thing, we're talking about a lot of blind faith put into these devs.  Every time the community learns information that THEY withheld, it's going to result in hurt feelings and (maybe baseless) accusations.

Sharks see blood...that's what it is.

No doubt the forums and the community have gone negative and within good reason and to be fair, I definitely feel like there are those that get off on being negative, although they would never admit to it because they don't want to look like trolls and be outed from what's left of the community. For most, its legitimate criticism separate from any sort of personal vendetta. Not to say everyone falls into the two separate categories, there is always differences out there.

Independent of content, the updates they push break more than they fix and at this point you could say the only thing they've been consistent with is consistently breaking the game further and further into an unplayable state. You don't want the only thing your consistently known for to be consistently breaking the game. That reputation sticks and if they don't fix this game before it goes away (which even with this IP, seems like its going to happen), regardless of the content debate. Then it will stay with them and effect their companies.

Back in the 80s, LJN and the people who developed the NES Friday the 13th could get away with that game because it was pre internet, no concept of DLC and the consoles/video games were just starting to become the huge money maker they would become in future decades. So they could walk away from a licensed title and nobody would've cared or noticed back then....and you were forced to make a better game because you didn't have the concept of post launch to continue with a game. What you released in blockbuster or other stores with video games was the finished product.

These guys do not have that excuse to simply walk away from the game, in an era of DLC and shipping fixes/updates. Walking away from the game makes them worse than LJN, the devs that worked on the NES game, if for nothing else...the NES game actually worked and was playable. The most people complain about with that game is the rocks flying over the zombies heads in a weird arc, but even then people who learned how to play the game realized you could get new weapons quickly.

With my limited experience and time in these forums, I see why people are pissed.  The devs will drop big announcements and then will go silent to cause people to fester.  We saw them hype up the huge upgrade, then nowhere to be found after it caused more issues.  Then they'll address some issues with a patch, but not major ones (rubberbanding?).

With my personal experience in customer service and business, Gun/Ill brought this on themselves with their lack of clarity and communication.  Clearly, this forum has a dedicated fanbase, why not try to interact with the people that genuinely want the game to succeed?  Obviously, don't cater to the forum (Reggie, the dog), but communicate and be open to criticisms.  I've yet to see anyone say that Wes or Shifty are these evil people with bad intentions, but they have fairly criticized them. 

I haven't seen NHA, but I appreciate his time to come on here and explain his quotes.  Gun/Ill should follow suit. 

24 minutes ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

I haven't seen NHA, but I appreciate his time to come on here and explain his quotes.  Gun/Ill should follow suit. 

Go watch it now! It’s on YouTube. I normally don’t get into “fan films”. But this one is brilliant. The look and feel of it is better than most of the official “Friday” film sequels. It’s just extremely dark and tense. Ghost Jason looks so badass too. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, damnenchiladas said:

Here is the thing...  First, we appreciate you stopping by to clear the air.  That's more than the devs have done.  When they do pop in they give us a three sentence statement then bounce.  We learn about things from other sites like bloody disgusting or Reddit or discord, etc.  That's one of the things that piss us off.  The "official" forum is the last place they post things.  Secondly, the reason many of us are anti Gun/ILL isn't because of no more content.  It's not.  Sure, no new content sucks.  What is the source of the issue is how badly mishandled this whole venture has been from launch.  Everything they have done has been handled poorly.  From the first email with our codes for the game all the way til now.  Communication has sucked from day one.  Then we get to the game.....boy oh boy...the game.  What a bug and glitch filled mess.  It's been over a year now and it just keeps getting worse.  Every patch breaks something.  Sometimes it is something small, sometimes it is something major.  You'd think they'd have the code figured out after a year.  But, nope...   Still fumbling around with it like trying to get dressed in the dark.  You'd think Gun would be all over ILL's asses to fix it.  Maybe they are, but how would we know?  They barely ever pop in here.  When they do, it is to issue bans and lock or delete threads.  I've said this from day one.  It would have gone a long way if they would have just popped in weekly to shoot the shit.  It doesn't even have to be about f13.  Could have been about anything.  I see Randy playing kingdom hearts quite a bit here lately.  Maybe he could have popped in to say "what's up, fuckers?  I'm playing this game today, what are you all playing?". Something along those lines.  But, we went from a team that was very active pre beta launch to non existent post launch.  Then we get to Jason.  So many issues.  They stated they wanted this to be the definitive f13 experience.  Well, it's not.   Sure, it is fun...when it works.  They took one of the greatest horror icons and turned him into the biggest damn punching bag out there.  I could go into specifics about it, but it has all been said 10000000 times.  Then comes the emotes.  Did we really need thirty dancing emotes? 

Anyways, this is going on too long.  But, I will finish with this.  You call us toxic and ungrateful.  That may be what you see and that is fine.  That's your perception.  But, what I see is a bunch of fans who are very passionate about f13 and who wanted to help this game be the best it could be.  Our suggestions and feedback fell on deaf ears.  Our patience dwindled in the face of incompetence.  We became fed up with a shoddy product.  It isn't about not having new content for many of us.  It is about not having a solid product to play and relax.  It is about two teams that seemed to run and hide when faced with critism.  It is about making a great franchise a laughing stock. Again, I appreciate the fact you stopped in, but you will not win over anyone by degrading a community.  Best of luck to you.  

• Like 6

@damnenchiladas

First off, thank you for coming in to clarify what you know and give us as much information as you can. Even trying to explain the lawsuit issues and copyrights is going above and beyond to settle down a restless community.

However, I am concerned about your comments of "any content not started before Summer 2017 had to be finished by January 2018". Maybe I am reading into this wrong, but it sounds as if Gun knew this would happen last summer. With the game being released last May, does that mean they knew the entire time? 

With the length od the development process, they had to have known at least by October. So why was the community never notified? Physical release dropped (steelbook editions with sticker fails and all) in October. Had theybknown, why are they pushing a product doomed to die in a few months? That's worse than Apple and their 4 year life spans before they create OS updates that make their product obsolete. October being best case scenario of them knowing the deadline says how they knew theywould release minimal content, not even everything they advertised, u der the guise of "free" while still trying to sell kill and emote pack Dlcs to a game that is like a person having liver cancer and only having a few months to live. Dramatic simile for sure, but illustrsting my point. Its a shady business practice and goes along with even more transparency issues for the community.

If so, Wes loses a ton of credibility considering he was so torn up about something he knew about. It definitely clears up why there was a Paranoia trailer back in October and it never saw the light of day.

It also explains why everything about this game was rushed. 

If this is all true, then the entire community had been lied to the entire time. Hearing old quotes like they want the servers up and running for 15 years and dedicated servers cost too much to maintain - taken from Ben and Wes quotes back in 2016, something about $7500 a day. 

These are the types of things why people are roasting this company. We wanted to believe they cared about us and the franchise so much, yet it seems like they continuously get covered in mud.

• Like 2

Right, now we're getting into conspiracies and grey areas again. Just because a jigsaw piece looks like it fits with another one, it doesn't mean it's the right one. That's the exact same thing with a lot of this information people claim they have. 

Let's keep it on topic, and the topic is the director of Never Hike Alone responding to a misquote, not 'it looks like X so it must be X'.