damnenchiladas

NHA Director Responds to Out of Context Quote

21 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

you have the director of NHA telling you they didn’t know the lawsuit would effect them Gun said it and Sean’s Lawyer said it but no amount of info is good enough 

On the contrary, the NHA director said they were “deeply concerned” about it, and that was months before the announcement.

You also have the official statement which for some reason people overlook -

“When we originally learned that the game fell within the crosshairs of this legal dispute, we tried to balance the creation of new content requested by our fans against the maintenance and bug fixing that our community expects and deserves. We attempted to do both within the limits of the legal case.”

- which makes it pretty clear they were well aware of the lawsuit a long time ago, as they were apparently making efforts to balance content creation vs patches. It is honestly a no brainer that they either knew what was coming, or what was possibly coming, a long time in advance. Then all you have to do is look at their backwards decision making in the months leading up to “end of content” to see why there is so much speculation and negativity on this topic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Are you gonna call Tommy86 a conspiracy theorist too, @OCT 31 1978? I'm just trying to keep everything fair and consistent...

2 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Are you gonna call Tommy86 a conspiracy theorist too, @OCT 31 1978?

No because he posted an actual fact.

your posts want to paint the developers onto cash grabbing a holes when that’s still not the case.

6 minutes ago, Brevator said:

It just makes zero sense why they can't work on other projects in the meantime and come back to F13 after this clears up and they finish their other projects.

It actually makes a lot of sense. It would not be practical nor profitable. You just refuse to see it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

No because he posted an actual fact.

Um, so did I. Tommy86 just supported it with more evidence.

3 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Um, so did I.

No, your post were slanted heavily into trying to expose the developers as cash grabbing A holes when that is still not the case.... @Tommy86 post still doesn’t discredit the developers as your posts attempt to do.

5 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

No, your post were slanted heavily into trying to expose the developers as cash grabbing A holes when that is still not the case.... @Tommy86 post still doesn’t discredit the developers as your posts attempt to do.

Whatever, kid. I'm done splitting hairs with you. My opinions are based on facts like the one Tommy 86 presented, not my blind trust in Gun Media.

9 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

It actually makes a lot of sense. It would not be practical nor profitable.

Tell that to the companies who have actually done it, genius.

And I'm the negative one? Hahaha

1 minute ago, Brevator said:

Whatever, kid. I'm done splitting hairs with you. My opinions are based on facts like the one Tommy 86 presented, not my blind trust in Gun Media.

Your opinions will always be your opinions.

the facts are Gun was told they could not create anymore new content.... here we are... your negative assumptions about whether Gun media was attempting a cash grab from this game and how you attempt to push that agenda on the community is the problem.... and that is a fact “kid”

ok heres my take. keep in mind im just putting out theoretical situation. if back in January gun knew that by june that there was a chance they couldnt release new content then why not go to all the social media platforms and inform fanbase of possible outcome and ask if we would rather get what little new content they had finished and released or the engine upgrade that would hopefully fix all the issues that everybody was probably complaining about back then(didnt join forum till march so dont know what was goin on prior) and then go from there?? correct me if im wrong but couldnt the engine upgrade be done after the june deadline or would that have fallen into new content??  

DOOM still has mods being created for it and that's what, 25 years old? 

I've said this many times, and yeah yeah yeah EULA, but Friday the 13th would have a healthy shelf life with a good modding community IMO. 

Anyway you shake it Gun is walking away, or has walked away. 

Let the fans pick it up. Update the EULA. Peer to peer on all platforms and client side saves. 

Honestly that's what I hope for at this point.

@sfosterjr

They should have yeah, I think it would have gone over better. The whole problem with getting the engine upgrade is that it's turned out to be total shit and nothing has been fixed. On PC I'd argue it's actually gotten much worse.

• Like 1

@damnenchiladas

First off, I LOVE your forum name.  A reference to my favorite scene in the movies...a lot of people don't seem to care for Part 5 due to its silliness, but I think it's hilarious!

Second, I look forward to watching your movie.  I honestly didn't know about it until fairly recently (I'm not a big internet guy, this being the first forum I've ever actually joined), and I'm saving it until this Friday to watch.

I totally agree with your even-keeled approach to the controversy and agree that being belligerent is not going to get us anywhere.  I've always believed you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

But I take issue with your belief that the developers don't owe the community further explanation on this matter.  I don't think the whole thing was a scam, but I do know that they haven't been totally forthcoming with information and that there have been several times when they have flat-out given false information (whether or not intentional on their part is not the issue).

Yes, they're a company and yes they're only human, but from the beginning they have presented themselves as being different from other developers; if they truly want to be different, I think they DO owe some further explanations.  Maybe they had great reasons for not disclosing every bit of information at the outset, but now that there is a lot of information (and misinformation) out there, I think they owe it to the people who made them a success to come out and be totally transparent.  If for no other reason, it would be a show of good faith towards those of us who are reasonable and want to keep supporting them.

Yes, some will never accept anything they say.  But the most vocal are never the most reasonable, and the (mostly) silent majority would appreciate the gesture of goodwill.

The problem is actually whether or not Gun Media was totally honest about the affect the lawsuit would have on the content of the game. And given what we know, it's looking like they weren't. That's actually why this topic exists.

I'm not sure why you have such a problem with me. I'm simply holding a company accountable for its less-than-honest actions, which is well within my right to do as a consumer. I can't do any more damage to Gun Media than they've already done themselves. And you're certainly not going to change anyone's minds about them now, but I think it's adorable how hard you're trying.

Good luck, son.

11 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Tell that to the companies who have actually done it, genius.

Since I have already shut down this ridiculous argument, I'll just repost that to save myself some time.

Those special cases of developers coming back to old games was a privilege and a very rare thing.

You people just like to say for every damn argument "But *INSERT SOMETHING SOMEONE ELSE DID* happened *INSERT TIME THING HAPPENED* so if it happened then, it can happen now!" THAT ISN"T A VALID ARGUMENT. You are comparing different games, with different levels of developers, at different periods of time. Just because someone else once did something does not mean it is viable in this situation. It's not a fucking relevant statement. 

2 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

THAT ISN"T A VALID ARGUMENT.

Neither is the Caps Lock button.

It's been done. Companies profited. And it was obviously practical enough for them to do.

Your argument is invalid.

4 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

They should have yeah, I think it would have gone over better. The whole problem with getting the engine upgrade is that it's turned out to be total shit and nothing has been fixed. On PC I'd argue it's actually gotten much worse.

true. but back then we wouldnt have known that. im pretty sure the popular vote would have been to work on and release new content then the engine upgrade. and who knows maybe the extra time they could of had for the engine may have helped out?

Neither is the Caps Lock button.

It's been done. Companies profited. And it was obviously practical enough for them to do.

Your argument is invalid.

No. Your argument is the one that is invalid. Running With Scissors own Postal 2. Gun/Illfonic don't own the F13 franchise. Running With Scissors had not made a new game since 2011. They had no other projects to work on when they went back to Postal 2. And of course they weren't involved in a fucking lawsuit.  What it comes down to is that they are two different situations that can't be compared. Your argument comes from ignorance and a complete and utter lack of understanding of how this shit works.

Another thing no one seems to be considering is that licenses expire. By the time this lawsuit ends in a few years, Gun likely won't even have the license rights anymore.

people act like gun wasn't around before this game, they have published other games, so its not like they were a start up. 

And if you want to talk about communication, wes and shifty are all over twitter responding to people, yet can't be bothered to post here for mods announcements until long after they are posted elsewhere, shifty gives updates on patches and stuff on twitter, but no on the community he manages. This is a complete 180 from prelaunch. Are there a bunch of Aholes that say horrible things all the time sure, but your most loyal fanbase is here. And even a few words, would help the forums a lot. If they can't talk about stuff, say we can't comment, dont go silent.

We dont even have a known bug glitch for the last patch,  no weekly steams in how long? the most thought out responses we have gotten lately have been "can you elaborate more about this bug?" Its 100% understandable why people think the game is dying and being abandoned. Hell you even have the most loyal people leaving the forums, that is not great of the community that is already shrinking and divided. And its only being made worse by the silence from gun, and drama with Mods (thats the best way i could think to put it, lots of people have had drama with thing, and its been caused by both sides, really if you look at it objectively, not crying censorship fyi)

Its pretty freaking bad when the most official response and engaged person is from a fan movie and not gun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Another thing no one seems to be considering is that licenses expire. By the time this lawsuit ends in a few years, Gun likely won't even have the license rights anymore.

Funny how no one seemed concerned about that a few months ago when they were still acting like the lawsuit would have no affect on the game and that content would continue to be put out for the foreseeable future...even though by Vince's own admission they were concerned...

But what do I know? I'm just a crazy conspiracy theorist...

@2moar "Its pretty freaking bad when the most official response and engaged person is from a fan movie and not gun. "

Oh but they don't owe us anything, remember?

3 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

No. Your argument is the one that is invalid. Running With Scissors own Postal 2. Gun/Illfonic don't own the F13 franchise. Running With Scissors had not made a new game since 2011. They had no other projects to work on when they went back to Postal 2. And of course they weren't involved in a fucking lawsuit.  What it comes down to is that they are two different situations that can't be compared. Your argument comes from ignorance and a complete and utter lack of understanding of how this shit works.

If they even have it now, people don’t seem to understand that licensing can be pulled at anytime. Especially ones gifted to Developers.

4 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Funny how no one seemed concerned about that a few months ago when they were still acting like the lawsuit would have no affect on the game and that content would continue to be put out for the foreseeable future...even though by Vince's own admission they were concerned...

But what do I know? I'm just a crazy conspiracy theorist...

The foreseeable future. Another year of support most likely. It was apparently said by Wes that Grendel was intended to be the final map. "Foreseeable future" is probably not nearly as long as this lawsuit is going to end up going. Again, not hard to understand.

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Seems like we should just ask, when does the license expire @ShiftySamurai?

Probably right before we get those "dedicated servers" we were promised last year...

Wes might have "confirmed" that it would be the last map, but given Gun's track record of transparency and honesty, I hope you'll forgive me for not falling head over heels to take him at his word.

4 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

If they even have it now, people don’t seem to understand that licensing can be pulled at anytime. Especially ones gifted to Developers.

Excellent point, they didn't have to pay for the license, so it might be even easier for them to pull it. Although we can't know that for sure.

Since the game is still available to buy on all platforms, I assume they still have the license.

Since the game is still available to buy on all platforms, I assume they still have the license.

I said by the time the lawsuit has ended. Has the lawsuit ended yet?