Greetings Friday Fans.

I would like to take a moment to address some comments that have been floating around the internet regarding myself and the Friday the 13th video game.

In a conversation thread on the Friday the 13th game subreddit, fans asked why Ghost Jason was not included in Friday the 13th: The Game.

In an attempt to answer the many questions that were being asked on the subject, I made a comment regarding the developers of the game being worried about a “deadline” that has since been taken out of context to promote toxicity in relation to the recent and unfortunate work stoppage.

During the spreading of this “news,” not one of the many persons spreading false information contacted me in order to clarify or expand upon my comments. If they had, they would have been informed that I was speaking in regards to the legal proceedings of the rights battle and not the work stoppage to which I was never aware of until it was formally announced last month.

Let me make this very, very clear. At the time of my conversation with folks at Gun, they had no intention of a work stoppage and were planning to release content that was already in progress throughout the entire year and possibly even beyond that.

The reason the subject of a deadline came up was because in order for Ghost Jason to even be considered for the game, the legal case must first to come a close. Until that happens, Gun was unable to provide a definite yes or no on whether Ghost Jason could be included. I completely understood the position they were in because their hands were ultimately tied by something beyond their control.

Prior to the conversation mentioned in my now famous Reddit comment, I was tipped off to an upcoming court deadline that predicted an end to the legal proceedings. The developers were the ones who informed me that a decision was unlikely to be rendered by that date and that they were “deeply concerned” about it coming to an end any time soon.

I hope this clears things up and puts this matter to rest. I would also like to sincerely apologize to the good folks at Gun Media and Illfonic if my comments have caused them any headaches in the past few days. I also acknowledge that my wording could have been much more clear in the answer I gave and apologize to anyone who misunderstood what I was trying to convey.

Thank you to anyone who has read all the way through this and I hope to play with many of you on the game in the near future. If anyone wants to discuss this matter further, they can do so by reaching out to me at contact@wompstompfilms.com.

Sincerely,

Vincente DiSanti

• Thanks 1

Even though Mr. DiSanti is probably as "in the know" as the average player, this quote:

6 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

they had no intention of a work stoppage and were planning to release content that was already in progress throughout the entire year and possibly even beyond that.

still conveys that they didn't have their priorities in order. What level of progress that means is anyone's guess, but it really doesn't excuse how much time was wasted on this "engine upgrade".

• Like 1

This thread will be locked like the last one was.  But if the developers want to do right by their loyal fanbase, they have some explaining to do regarding the engine upgrade.  It didn't turn out very well at all, and in retrospect seems like a very poor use of time and resources.

• Like 2

Well, it's very simple. Gun/Illfonic was developing content, they met with difficulty and got behind, and they couldn't meet the lawsuit deadline that they knew about in January. They released what they had ready. Case closed. We have known for a year now that they aren't the best programmers. And quite frankly, that Grendel level looked, well, not so good. The cauldrons in Horizon: Zero Dawn is on which I base my opinion. Those people can code, and those play areas look freaky good.

8 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

My comment was deleted, seriously guys, I’m not allowed to ask for information?

Yep just saw it was deleted.  Was on my page and when I refreshed it, it was gone.  Got a screenshot of it as well

• Like 1

I would like some kind of comment from the devs about this, any of this. Their silence is defeaning. 

1 minute ago, Corkenstein said:

Yep just saw it was deleted.  Was on my page and when I refreshed it, it was gone.  Got a screenshot of it as well

I stepped out to grab a coffee so i missed it

Let me see if I get this correctly; at first it was taken out of context then people were twisting is words and now the truth is that he misspoke and/or his wording wasn't clear? Well, no offence to that guy but I'm no so sure I can trust his words anymore. Who knows when he will misspoke again.

• Like 1

So a post asking a simple question got deleted? This makes zero sense at all. If you don't want to answer the question then just ignore it like the plague, there is no reason to delete questions.

4 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

It really is.  It's just more shadyness we have continually endured since release from Gun.  Cant take responsibility for something if you delete/hide/lock all the posts calling you out on it.  

Its why I keep telling people to jump ship to Reddit.  As long as Gun is in control here, they will hide, delete, and lock everything that exposes them.  They tried this same tactic on Reddit and had their powers taken away for abuse.  It wont fly there.  

you wanna know whats really funny? the top of the "rules" say its a privilege to be here, that right there is extremely stupid, these devs should be privileged we actually cared enough to buy into the kickstarter/bought thegame an cared enough to come to this site in the 1st place to give feedback on improvements to the game, not that it did any good except in very small instances. Now the company is just digging their grave an a few "select" people here are helping out with shovels.

• Like 1

No amount of evidence will ever satisfy the conspiracy-mongers, but it's nice of Vincente to try to set the record straight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lurdiak said:

No amount of evidence will ever satisfy the conspiracy-mongers, but it's nice of Vincente to try to set the record straight.

And no amount of evidence will ever satisfy the conspiracy-deniers as well.  Even if the evidence comes from the dev's own mouths.

Just now, zmccain said:

And no amount of evidence will ever satisfy the conspiracy-deniers as well.  Even if the evidence comes from the dev's own mouths.

Thank you for proving my point.

59 minutes ago, Lurdiak said:

A simple statement from Gun might though. I don't know what the truth is here. What I do know is refusing to address the issue and deleting peoples questions does not inspire confidence in them. I honestly can't understand their logic. If everything is above board than explain your side. Yes, some people will not be satisfied or flat refuse to believe them. But the lingering silence is, if not a bit damming, more then a little perplexing. 

Everyone...keep your opinions to yourselves. Don’t waste your breath. A certain individual is delete happy. Don’t waste your time. Thanks everyone!

17 minutes ago, Brian76 said:

Everyone...keep your opinions to yourselves. Don’t waste your breath. A certain individual is delete happy. Don’t waste your time. Thanks everyone!

yep, its sad really, i feel sorry for certain people i wont name, but honestly i dont have too 

edit: actually i take that back i dont feel sorry for this individual, theres an entire thread dedicated to that unless its deleted too, it wouldnt surprise me honestly

I just made another post because I didn't see this one. Just wanted to say the way my quote was handled was bullshit and I hope this statement clears up what I was saying. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Well, it's very simple. Gun/Illfonic was developing content, they met with difficulty and got behind, and they couldn't meet the lawsuit deadline that they knew about in January. They released what they had ready. Case closed. We have known for a year now that they aren't the best programmers. And quite frankly, that Grendel level looked, well, not so good. The cauldrons in Horizon: Zero Dawn is on which I base my opinion. Those people can code, and those play areas look freaky good.

I liked the map layout though. It at least looked like something different as it was more narrow corridors instead of wide open areas like the other maps. It seemed like a change of pace I was welcoming.

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I liked the map layout though. It at least looked like something different as it was more narrow corridors instead of wide open areas like the other maps. It seemed like a change of pace I was welcoming.

Lots of claustrophobic potential. 

• Like 1