Official_Adam_W

Official Contests......What Happened?

Does anyone remember the Official in game contests that we were going to experience? No?

Not surprised, there is a thread way back from 2016 that mentioned this and now two years later there was never any in game contests. They seem to have went the wayside just like weekly challenges. Sigh.....More things i would have love to seen that were swept under the rug to be forgotten.

• Like 1

What happened?  Lack of commitment.  Poor planning and execution.  How many times did any of the Gun or ILL team actually stream their own game?  Not much.  

• Thanks 1

The contests, weekly challenges, Paranoia, Uber and Grendel were all things announced beyond too early and all of them never ended up happening.

3 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Those images are clearly photoshopped......

That is incorrect, just a couple of clicks with Firefox Screenshot and boom insta saved

1 minute ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Then.... ummmm.....it....... BANNED!

Banned for making use of a firefox addon? ......Noooooooooo!

With everything they didn't follow through with, makes you wonder what they were really doing with their time.

Already got a pretty good idea.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The mods will be here shortly to tell us how we are all wrong and that we actually DID experience the contests, challenges, etc. but we just don't remember. 

• Haha 6

13 minutes ago, zmccain said:

The mods will be here shortly to tell us how we are all wrong and that we actually DID experience the contests, challenges, etc. but we just don't remember. 

Friday the 13th: The Gaslighting

Coming SOON (tm)

Or is it...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, zmccain said:

Uhh, no? I think they were planned features but as you all already know, there is a whole lot of stuff going on that's more important. Nobody's said 'they're never going to happen' yet.

planned from 3 years ago, yeah they aren't going to happen

31 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Uhh, no? I think they were planned features but as you all already know, there is a whole lot of stuff going on that's more important. Nobody's said 'they're never going to happen' yet.

But, wouldn't adding that kind of system be content?

1 minute ago, DarkBitterAndAngry said:

But, wouldn't adding that kind of system be content?

That's the only thing I can think of that'd legally stand in the way of it happening. Like I said, none of the official contests or weekly challenges have been confirmed as not happening yet.

From my understanding, they're not able to add any new content. I'd assume this means pretty much everything, although a back end system that tracks stats such as amount of kills performed per week, amount of items used per week etc etc doesn't seem (to me) to be new content.

I can't say though, I don't work there :) This is just an educated guess.

Shifty has said Weekly challenges will likely never be a thing.

should as this part was my own, dont want people complaining about bogus misquoting.

thats pretty much confirmed as dead.

2 minutes ago, 2moar said:

Shifty has said Weekly challenges will likely never be a thing. thats pretty much confirmed as dead.

There we go. If Shifty's said that, there's our confirmation :)