Sign in to follow this  
Dolemite

Spectator Glitch (It's Waaay Serious!)

I did a search and didn't find anything about this, so apologies if this a redundant thread.

Anyway, started a QP match on PC with a full lobby, and when the match actually started only ONE counselor was actually in play against Part 8 Jason...everyone else was spectating only.

And to add insult to injury, when the match ended, Savini Jason walked back into the cabin, NOT Part 8! WTF?

Then I played a second QP match with a full lobby...this time I was Jason, and AGAIN almost everyone was spectating while I played against ONE counselor.

Seriously, guys. I love the game and all, but it's currently the most broken it's ever been.  :(

• Thanks 1

Pretty soon a patch will come along where everyone starts the match and it just auto goes back to the main menu.

Its closer than we think.

- Game breaking spectator bug

- Artwork missing on loading screens

- Random characters for Jason/Counselor still a thing

Another A+ update.

You notice these updates drop right near a holiday too? Gives them an excuse to do nothing or be unresponsive for days. Double XP is neat for the noobs that might play for a week or two then drop the game, but the bugs counteract that combined with the frustrating Las Vegas style perk system. I still see the same 30 players on PC in every lobby. The numbers gotta be pretty bad on PC these days and to think console players have been dicked around with dedicated servers for over a YEAR and they have the highest playerbase left.

tumblr_o4lp31BS0R1rfd7lko1_400.gif

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

He made a lot of good points for sure.  He has been made out to be this game's biggest villain.  Sure, he did some questionable things, but he did try to give all the info he had to Gun.  They refused it, so he went public with it.  If it weren't for him putting it out there, some of the stuff would never have been fixed. A lot of people hate him, but the guy is smart as hell and knows his stuff. He can straight up play the game legit when he chooses to.  And let's face it, the guy was entertaining as hell.  He has something a lot of streamers don't have:  charisma.  He was funny to listen to when he was just messing around.  I believe he had the game's best interest in the forefront of his mind and wanted to help until he was rejected.  Then all bets were off.  I watch him from time to time play other games and he plays them legit and is very good.  He's a smart player.  He doesn't exploit on them.  Maybe it is because they are actually coded properly.  He was also one of the first to figure out the ways of the flashlight on DbD and provided a lot of info to other players on how to use them correctly.  The guy is really smart.  He gets a lot of hate, but I think he came from a spot of good intentions at first.  This may be an unpopular response, but I really don't care what others think.  

As far as the OP's issue, sorry to hear you are having that issue.  Hopefully you'll get a response and it will be resolved in the next patch.  

• Like 2

I've yet to see the problem with games ending when they start up until this last patch. It's happening about 1/3 of the time for me. It loads up on a screen as if you've died and just hangs there. No one spawns in.

That on top of zero change to random spawning and combat lock the game is fucking unplayable. 

1. Is the match even going to start?

2. Am I even going to be who I chose?

3. Am I even going to be able to play? 

• Like 1

@Dolemite

Something doesn't quite taste right about this update.

Perhaps you haven't tried applying some hot sauce to make it more tolerable to swallow. 😄

Yk84mH.gif

7 hours ago, DasMurich said:

I've yet to see the problem with games ending when they start up until this last patch. It's happening about 1/3 of the time for me. It loads up on a screen as if you've died and just hangs there. No one spawns in.

That on top of zero change to random spawning and combat lock the game is fucking unplayable. 

1. Is the match even going to start?

2. Am I even going to be who I chose?

3. Am I even going to be able to play? 

Pretty much this. 

I have noticed the interaction lock is becoming very frequent now.  Hit Jason....locked.  Take a swing....locked.   Open a window...locked.  Set a trap....locked.  Barricade a door...locked.   Get in a car.....your body is blocking your view.  Exit the car....locked.   It's getting really bad.   Sometimes you don't have time to crouch and swing to get out of it which just sucks.  I watched a player fire his shotgun last night, but the gun stayed strapped to his back and he couldn't do a damn thing but run.  The crouch/swing didn't work.  Couldn't pick up a new weapon, couldn't use doors or windows.  Jason eventually caught him.  

1 minute ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

They deleted my post on this subject. Looks like they can't take honest criticism. 

Don't confuse abuse with criticism. 

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

Don't confuse abuse with criticism. 

Just going by the track record. Every patch more problems then fixes. Every single one. At that point I have to question their skill. It wouldn't be an issue if they would some quality assurance. But they don't bother. The interaction lock has been in the game since October of last year. So I have to question if they even want to keep the servers up and running let alone get dedicated servers. And that is a fair question. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Just going by the track record. Every patch more problems then fixes. Every single one. At that point I have to question your skill. It wouldn't be an issue if they would some quality assurance. But they don't bother. The interaction lock has been in the game since October of last year. So I have to question if they even want to keep the servers up and running let alone get dedicated servers. And that is a fair question. 

My skill? What about my skill do you want to question exactly?

Just post without being abusive. Express your concerns about the states of the patches but please do it in a way that's useful to the reader. When it comes across as being abusive, it gets removed. Just restructure and put it across in a way that IllFonic and Gun can actually read and learn something from. It's better for everyone, nobody's going to want to read something abusive.

55 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

My skill? What about my skill do you want to question exactly?

Just post without being abusive. Express your concerns about the states of the patches but please do it in a way that's useful to the reader. When it comes across as being abusive, it gets removed. Just restructure and put it across in a way that IllFonic and Gun can actually read and learn something from. It's better for everyone, nobody's going to want to read something abusive.

I was talking about IllFonic's lack of skill not yours Kodiak. As far as abuse goes fair enough. I have been calling them out quite a bit lately. I will try to be nicer about it. But like I used to tell my soliders in the Army "If you want me to say something positive get me some positive results."

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:06 AM, Dolemite said:

And to add insult to injury, when the match ended, Savini Jason walked back into the cabin, NOT Part 8! WTF?

If this glitch happens , when you played as Retro-Jason...…..

foPLEAB.jpg

You see freaking Retro-Savini! I love it. 

• Like 1