A lot of people was very disappointed with the graphics update because it wasn't exactly what we were expecting. 

I know that the game is dying but I'd love to see a very huge graphic update if it's possible. 

- better looking textures

- better physics, like on the powerful computers, because they're not impossible to put in consoles too

- better lights, like the flare gun doing the orange light when using it

- fixing bugs with the lights

What do you think about it? ?? The flag is an error, sorry. 

@Eyetipe A graphic update like one you suggest would be welcome... but it would likely only be for PC. The specs on consoles quickly fall behind PC and what they are capable of. Games like this that are on consoles and PC are generally held back by the limitations of the consoles at the time. I am not sure if a graphics update would affect latency across all platforms, but that is a possibility and would be a severe drawback if it did. 
   Just a for instance... The specs on my PC are so far above the recommended specs for this game... I could run three separate versions smoothly at the same time on three different screens, if it were possible to do that... never looked into it. I am just talking about required processor power, memory required and graphics card specs vs what I have... it is three times over the recommended specs on everything. I do not know or even care to look up the specs for the consoles... but I doubt the recommended specs are even close to that far under what the consoles are capable of running.
   On the bright side... the next generation of consoles (when they come out) will probably leave my PC in the dust.... Moore's law and all that.

Either way, I doubt we will every see a graphics update like this. Personally, I was not expecting much of a change in graphics at all with the engine upgrade. The dimming of the lights did nothing to make the game scarier... I could not see much of anything and had to turn up my gamma just to be able to play effectively. I find darkness inviting, not scary.... but when playing a video game, I like to be able to see what is going on.

8 hours ago, Ahab said:

but it would likely only be for PC. The specs on consoles quickly fall behind PC and what they are capable of. Games like this that are on consoles and PC are generally held back by the limitations of the consoles at the time.

while youre right about general limitations, people often forget about some of the most golden and important things about gaming which is optimization. im not an expert to be fair, but im pretty sure f13 lacks a ton of optimization which is why such things wouldnt happen for ps4. gta v is a far more intensive game in general terms and it runs better than minecraft on my potato ass pc because rockstar optimized the game in many ways. being in downtown los santos with 50 cops shooting at me and 5 cars exploding at the same time in the middle of high traffic on a sunset with all the shadows and effects what not, runs better on my ps4 than some of the rather sparsely decorated cabin interiors on the jarvis house map for example. that already goes to show that the optimization in f13 is far from good imo.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

while youre right about general limitations, people often forget about some of the most golden and important things about gaming which is optimization. im not an expert to be fair, but im pretty sure f13 lacks a ton of optimization which is why such things wouldnt happen for ps4. gta v is a far more intensive game in general terms and it runs better than minecraft on my potato ass pc because rockstar optimized the game in many ways. being in downtown los santos with 50 cops shooting at me and 5 cars exploding at the same time in the middle of high traffic on a sunset with all the shadows and effects what not, runs better on my ps4 than some of the rather sparsely decorated cabin interiors on the jarvis house map for example. that already goes to show that the optimization in f13 is far from good imo.

Optimization would be a big help... you are correct sir (and this is why multiple eyes on any problem helps greatly). They are still allowed to optimize the game... among other things. We can hope to see this game optimized to a much better place sometime in the future, but I fear it will not be the near future.

While I do not play GTA 5... I have watched friends play it. I understand what you are talking about... and wow, 50 cops shooting at you seems a bit excessive, yet somehow realistic.

Optimization as I understand it could make room for further graphics upgrades by saving memory, among other things. But that would be considering that the game could be optimized well enough for that, considering the required specs for the game to run vs system specs, and keeping within the parameters of what the game engine is capable of... I am not a programmer and have no idea how to do these things myself... but it does seem like this could present... "possibilities".