Jump to content
Corkenstein

NHA Director says Gun knew about the lawsuit deadline....

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, SirMang said:

it is not surprising that the company who put forth the awesome titles of Breach and Clear, and Speakeasy are involved in some more controversy.  There's stronger words I could use, but I don't want to get my hand slapped.  Let's just say Speakeasy was put up for sale for maybe 4 months on the PS store and yanked, plus if you look at Gun's own webpage and their list of games, Speakeasy isn't even listed.   Do your own research, formulate your own opinion, and then realize where we're at today isn't really all that surprising.  

That F13 fans were fooled by a group of con-men.

That's my opinion. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zmccain said:

I looked up Speakeasy...

"Speakeasy may well be the worst game on the PS4. Its initial charm and originality is quickly replaced by an overwhelming sense of laziness."

There's that word again!

http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/speakeasy

In a few words, it was basically paid scissor-paper-rock. The epitome of laziness you could say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

DbD is not fun as a killer. But, I keep playing and there's some killer favoring balance stuff dropping soon. We'll see.

Soul at Stake just released, DbD clone but looks to favor the killers much more.

Hide or Die just got It's funding.

Um.... Dead Realm? Older and a bit crazy.

Depth. That shark game.....

Trying to think of more...

The Forest. Looks interesting but it's only survival.

From what I've been told, Soul at Stake only has 2 out of 3 viable killers and needs some music tweaks. Apparently it's not so much about chasing and more about surprises. Plus no bloodlust.

There's also Daemonical and White Noise 2, if you've ever heard of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. 

"Speakeasy is what happens when you take a great idea, strip it of all but the very bare essentials necessary for it to work, and then release it at about ten times its worth and hope that people buy it on the premise alone" - Mat Growcott / pushsquare.com PS4 review

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is, it's not just the reviews Speakeasy got of why I brought it up specifically.  There's more.

Their other game, Breach and Clear, also got horrible ratings and I didn't mention it specifically. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but the reviews of Speakeasy sound like they are talking about THIS game!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

Its fun and get this...It works!

You can't argue with logic like that.

1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

DbD is not fun as a killer. But, I keep playing and there's some killer favoring balance stuff dropping soon. We'll see.

Soul at Stake just released, DbD clone but looks to favor the killers much more.

Hide or Die just got It's funding.

Um.... Dead Realm? Older and a bit crazy.

Depth. That shark game.....

Trying to think of more...

The Forest. Looks interesting but it's only survival.

Looks like some new games to look into, with the exception of DbD, which I'm currently playing.

I've had about a dozen friends in the last week ask me about my take on F13. I just give them the honest good and bad about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the devs must be kicking themselves in the ass right now knowing they could have put out more content in those 3 months but instead wasted those precious months on an engine upgrade that didn't really improve much. Right now they could be working on the engine upgrade and nobody would be mad at them. I just keep praying there's some resolution to this or some loophole they find that can allow them to resume content. I really want this game to continue on!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

I know the devs must be kicking themselves in the ass right now knowing they could have put out more content in those 3 months but instead wasted those precious months on an engine upgrade that didn't really improve much. Right now they could be working on the engine upgrade and nobody would be mad at them. I just keep praying there's some resolution to this or some loophole they find that can allow them to resume content. I really want this game to continue on!

dude, never ever gonna happen, they've made that crystal clear. its over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

The engine upgrade for dedicated servers that still are nowhere to be found.

There are two things I've considered about the dedicated servers situation. 

1) While the game is already in its death throes, once the dedicated servers are actually implemented, that just means we're only that much closer to the axe. So I guess, until the show up, we kinda know the lights are still on? That's if you believe them when they say they are being implemented.

2) They'll never come and so many people who predicated it will be vindicated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

The engine upgrade for dedicated servers that still are nowhere to be found.

They engine upgrade that was never required for dedicated servers until AFTER the January deadline revealed by Killer Puzzle? The dedicated servers that were “close to being finished” in September, and never needed an engine upgrade then? Hmmmmmm....... it’s ALL finally coming together. All the lies. All the “conspiracies”. Everything is coming together. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

They engine upgrade that was never required for dedicated servers until AFTER the January deadline revealed by Killer Puzzle? The dedicated servers that were “close to being finished” in September, and never needed an engine upgrade then? Hmmmmmm....... it’s ALL finally coming together. All the lies. All the “conspiracies”. Everything is coming together. 

You're only crazy if you're wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the thing that makes me so mad about the dedicated servers.  Shifty said on this very forum that the reason the dedicated servers weren't implemented yet was because the game needed the engine upgrade first.  Well?  The engine upgrade was how many months ago?  But here we are.  And the host quitting is still as rampant as ever. ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zmccain said:

That's the thing that makes me so mad about the dedicated servers.  Shifty said on this very forum that the reason the dedicated servers weren't implemented yet was because the game needed the engine upgrade first.  Well?  The engine upgrade was how many months ago?  But here we are.  And the host quitting is still as rampant as ever. ☹️

The fact that Shifty said an engine upgrade was necessary for dedicated servers in the first place should have pissed you off. Since they were promised over a year ago. With no need of an engine upgrade. And the fact that they also said on this very forum that they were almost ready to go live last September, without an engine upgrade... Then they suddenly need an engine upgrade???? An engine upgrade that would conveniently prevent them from working on new content. In a time frame that we now found out they already KNEW they couldn’t release more content. But kept it a secret. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Their other game, Breach and Clear, also got horrible ratings and I didn't mention it specifically. 

Holy hell, that game is still $15 on steam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Holy hell, that game is still $15 on steam. 

Nevermind the fact that it got a sequel. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Truth said:

Several of the complaints to illfonic's BBB page resulted in refunds. I linked it in another thread earlier.

could you send me the link to thread??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Nevermind the fact that it got a sequel. Lol.

It's got a Linux version, I'm really tempted to check it out and take advantage of Steam's no question refund policy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sucks that Gun makes one good game but fucks it up and ruins a name they were about to start building itself. although, they were still quite lazy with the updates and such. The games good, if one of the patches could’ve helped  more than hurt. the games good, the company obviously isn’t. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point i really don't know what to say anymore. As a die-hard f13 fan from 3 years old to now it pains me to see what is becoming of this franchise. The court case putting a strangle hold on the franchise, information that keeps coming out putting Gun in an even worse light (Savini ebay scandal, dedicated server delay, court case cut off content date awareness) Censorship/thread closing/member banning etc.. etc..

As someone who backed the game and had high hopes for what Gun and Ill could bring to the table with this game, it befuddles me that when asked about all these things and faced with the backlash that has ensued, they do not want to face it head on and be straight with us. I have been a supporter since the beginning and wanted there to be a positive turn to all this madness but at every turn it just keeps getting worse and worse.I think we as backers and supporters of this game deserve 100% honesty no matter how bad it may make them look,  in regards to all the shady things that they have been accused of and the way everything has been perceived due to all the different bits of info coming out. Being silent or trying to avoid the issues all together doesn't help to solve anything it only makes you look worse in the eyes of current consumers as well as possible future consumers of anything you do in the future.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

At this point i really don't know what to say anymore. As a die-hard f13 fan from 3 years old to now it pains me to see what is becoming of this franchise. The court case putting a strangle hold on the franchise, information that keeps coming out putting Gun in an even worse light (Savini ebay scandal, dedicated server delay, court case cut off content date awareness) Censorship/thread closing/member banning etc.. etc..

As someone who backed the game and had high hopes for what Gun and Ill could bring to the table with this game, it befuddles me that when asked about all these things and faced with the backlash that has ensued, they do not want to face it head on and be straight with us. I have been a supporter since the beginning and wanted there to be a positive turn to all this madness but at every turn it just keeps getting worse and worse.I think we as backers and supporters of this game deserve 100% honesty no matter how bad it may make them look,  in regards to all the shady things that they have been accused of and the way everything has been perceived due to all the different bits of info coming out. Being silent or trying to avoid the issues all together doesn't help to solve anything it only makes you look worse in the eyes of current consumers as well as possible future consumers of anything you do in the future.

At the rate they delete stuff, new people won't ever see any of the backlash to the poor development or the lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

At the rate they delete stuff, new people won't ever see any of the backlash to the poor development or the lies.

Unless people happen to be taking screenshots of the posts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

At the rate they delete stuff, new people won't ever see any of the backlash to the poor development or the lies.

So it seems, i stepped away from the forums for a bit so i was oblivious to all of what was going down until i heard about Alder being banned and i came on and went through the thread he made saying why he was leaving. It really is something else to see what has happened in just a years time.

 

I have a screenshot addon in Firefox so i can easily capture full pages or selected area's with 2 clicks lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Official_Adam_W said:

I have a screenshot addon in Firefox so i can easily capture full pages or selected area's with 2 clicks lol

Nice lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...